New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 424 425 426
By SimonSes 2021-01-09 12:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you all forget about Trusts. I kinda doubt Trusts will be limited job wise. You will probably be able to call different WHM trust for each NM and you for sure will be able to call at least Monberaux. It might be more practical to make groups with Trusts actually. Either healer trusts or tank trusts with real players doing safe steady damage. This would also make Moogle Mastery very worth it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-09 12:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »
smn
smn
smn
smn
smn
smn

If you go by translation done by Manque

Manque said: »
Jobs used by party members after engaging the NM cannot be used until leaving the area

It potentially sounds like you can use the same job on few players on same NM. So 6x SMN could potentially be possible.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-09 12:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
Vagery came out before SR and Escha and I think unity was before that. Oddly SR came out after the initial Escha zones. All that said still no pattern but recent trend towards 18 man can’t really be denied other than Ambu which seems far more pick up friendly than what odyssey looks to be. Odyssey is begging for LS trouble trying to manage groups.

I went and looked up the dates now as i was going off what i recalled being added so i wasnt far off.
 Asura.Lewyo
Server: Asura
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2021-01-09 12:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Talym said: »
The only thing I don't really like about this is the segment cost for the boss KIs combined with the time gate on the entry KI to earn segments. Seems too restrictive.

The rest, frankly, sounds like the most interesting content that they've introduced in a very long time. Getting people to expand their horizons and use different slates of jobs is a good thing.

I see it as bad content when you can only take no more then up to 6 people in at time.
By Crossbones 2021-01-09 12:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got 4k segments with a group of homies in one run. Did some of the first floors in zone C, killed two circles and all the mobs and opened a few chests, think we only killed one NM using izzat to pop. Setup was RUN RDM BRD COR WHM DNC, but DNC didn't work that great so gonna swap them to RDM or COR for next run. Leaden ruins most mobs and can one shot them even without magic buffs, physically they are quite defensive and when we swapped fighters for chaos damage went up significantly. Can definitely see getting 4500 moogle bucks in one run with an optimal setup and strategy.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-09 13:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I think you all forget about Trusts. I kinda doubt Trusts will be limited job wise. You will probably be able to call different WHM trust for each NM and you for sure will be able to call at least Monberaux. It might be more practical to make groups with Trusts actually. Either healer trusts or tank trusts with real players doing safe steady damage. This would also make Moogle Mastery very worth it.

This is a good point, but there's things to consider here. Firstly, you'll need to make sure someone has high enough Moogle Mastery to call trusts, since not everybody has been keeping up with it, and for something like the harder difficulties, you might need like mm30+ to not get destroyed. Trusts get extremely beefy at 40+. Second, there's only but so many good white mage trusts that you can use, and Monberaux is simply a supplemental healer you can only call once. Plus not everybody has him. The trust caller would need to have good healer access (unity whm, definitely ygnas), so that could get annoying with someone with high MM not having the best mage available to use.

Now what I think you can do is a combination of what you suggested, and what other players are theorycrafting: use August/AAEV or Ygnas/Yoran for the first 1-2 fights, then use real players to cover the WHM/Tank on remaining fight(s). This would allow you a lot of flexibility in how you build party composition because you use high MM trusts to cover a few relevant jobs sometimes and then alternate. To your point, you basically keep the important job slots "unlocked" by cheesing them with trusts, and then swap to it when you need it. Very good idea here
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-09 13:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry had to edit

endxen said: »
Trusts are horrible in Odyssey...

They aren't horrible to be honest, you just have to take care of yourself because they aren't reliable enough to cover you plus the tank. You should be riding a full dt build with magic evasion as long as possible, because dying will end the run But the tanks on the other hand are very strong. You can use the puppet for example, pair it with a thief for trick attack, and I'm positive it might never die. You may even be able to buff matsui-p so high that he can't die either along with his exceptional DPS. There's a lot of combinations of interesting ways to use them, don't just dismiss them as stupid trusts. Also, they get such an absurd magic evasion stat with high Moogle Mastery, they are in a much better position to survive and handle messy moves than any player not using react would. I'm not saying they replace real players at all. I'm just pointing out that the Moogle Mastery system works extremely well with this format they have outlined.

Also something not mentioned is that while support jobs for players are limited, nothing is said about trusts having any of their abilities hindered. You will get the full range of your trusts, plus whatever MM they have and whatever buffs you give them. So they are actually in a much better position both defensively and job structure wise to fill an empty party slot than a random pug player.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-09 13:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust WHM only have problem to keep you alive if you zerg. If you actually use safe strategy with minimized TP gain, defensive debuffs/buffs etc. then even Monberaux can keep you alive.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-09 14:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give you an example of how good some trusts are if you exploit then properly. I got aggro from an agon beastmen in Sheol C before killing the Halo. AAEV ended up doing an area attack and claiming the beastmen, so I pulled the trusts through the camp and linked the rest of them while I killed the Halo. She was able to tank like 5 invisible beastmen with trusts healing her while I took out the base. So I didn't take any real damage and she ate everything. They handle damage and debuffs very well. Sometimes if I pull hate on DD, I stand behind Monberaux and let him eat the tp attack because I can still get one shot on thief, but he will easily survive it during cover.

You just need to know how to use them effectively to get the most out of them
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Thunderjet 2021-01-09 14:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Sorry had to edit

Trusts are horrible in Odyssey...

So they fixed moogle mastery, also people should stop saying the event sounds horrible no 1 tried it yet
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-09 15:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Moogle Mastery has been fixed for a few months now but it doesn't start really getting good until you can eat a full tp move from a B or C boss and Koru still has half his health left. I remember the scorpions used to destroy him but once you grind it high enough, they are really beefy.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-09 15:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Moogle Mastery has been fixed for a few months now but it doesn't start really getting good until you can eat a full tp move from a B or C boss and Koru still has half his health left. I remember the scorpions used to destroy him but once you grind it high enough, they are really beefy.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Its just stats, you aren't really going to notice. at some point you'll go, oh, yoranKoru survived that aoe finally instead of dying, that's your MM bonus.
By SimonSes 2021-01-09 15:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree. Whm trusts are horrible, they prioritize status removal/buffing over healing for almost all of them. That's when they aren't running all over the place doing nothing. Sorry I think they are horrible for all content.

Lol.. Have you actually tried play with them other than randomly calling them to zerg something when you havent got real player?

There is PLENTY videos on you tube with people doing really hard stuff using trusts. Stuff as hard as solo D~VD with multiply targets and hard hitting AoE with debuffs or all Omen bosses including Ou and Trusts were doing a great job. You simply need to actually learn them,understand their scripts, understand how they interact with each other and dont play against all of that.
[+]
By gargurty 2021-01-09 16:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

where are the days that peeps actualy need poeple to play. Nowadays allot of poeple do is multibox instead of party up. I understand why but still....
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-01-10 00:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not bothered by all of the restrictions except the job reuse one. I had a handful of RL friends start in the last 3 months and they're all *** because that's how long it took them to get a single fully competent job. They can't even enter the damn event, lol.

edit: I guess technically you could just stop after 1-2 NMs...
By SimonSes 2021-01-10 03:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

Exactly. What totally sucks is that it cost 9000 segments for essentially 3 NMs, instead of 3000 segments for 3NMs. Its like You pay in advance for 3, even when you cant do it. Instead it should be 3000 and good groups would be rewarded to do more than 1 then, if they can kill more than 1.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-10 07:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone translate all the description, especially tables on start and at the end?

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-10 07:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not bothered by all of the restrictions except the job reuse one.
Oddly enough it's the other way around for me.
Guess I'm biased because I have a lot of jobs who can cover different or similar roles.

I see the no job reuse as an interesting challenge that is in perfect synergy with the core of the game (same character, multiple jobs).

I'm more bothered by the no subjob. *** why? It's one of the basic systems of the game, why should you remove my ability to pick a subjob?
Granted that in most cases it's probably not that big of a change, I just don't like it concept-wise, it's not in synergy with the core game design of FFXI, it's almost an antithesis!
Hate it.

The entry fees are way too annoying anyway.
You need to do past zones for 3 days in a row and then wait another day (Jpmidnight) for another KI, hoping in the meantime you farmed enough segments in the three previous runs.
How stupid is that?
Aside from the fact that it's stupid in itself, I could be ok with that if they only *** LET US STORE KI.
Why the *** can't they make the KI storable gfdi. How hard is it to see they need to change that one aspect asap?
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-01-10 08:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm not bothered by all of the restrictions except the job reuse one.
Oddly enough it's the other way around for me.
Guess I'm biased because I have a lot of jobs who can cover different or similar roles.

I see the no job reuse as an interesting challenge that is in perfect synergy with the core of the game (same character, multiple jobs).

I'm more bothered by the no subjob. *** why? It's one of the basic systems of the game, why should you remove my ability to pick a subjob?
Granted that in most cases it's probably not that big of a change, I just don't like it concept-wise, it's not in synergy with the core game design of FFXI, it's almost an antithesis!
Hate it.

The entry fees are way too annoying anyway.
You need to do past zones for 3 days in a row and then wait another day (Jpmidnight) for another KI, hoping in the meantime you farmed enough segments in the three previous runs.
How stupid is that?
Aside from the fact that it's stupid in itself, I could be ok with that if they only *** LET US STORE KI.
Why the *** can't they make the KI storable gfdi. How hard is it to see they need to change that one aspect asap?

Because then the dev team wouldn't have QoL improvements (workload) in a future update :P
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-10 08:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Accurate. They cblock you for a year, then give you the ability to store one more and it's orgasmic, like the greatest thing ever.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-01-10 09:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Because then the dev team wouldn't have QoL improvements (workload) in a future update :P
More likely so they have a fancy new campaign to do. ;p
By Solonuke 2021-01-10 11:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they're waiting with adding additional KIs until the event is complete (or less buggy). Omen didn't have up to three canteens at launch.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-10 11:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you consider the next event after Omen, Dyna D, never allowed to store entrances, never having this option is also a possibility
By Taint 2021-01-10 11:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. What totally sucks is that it cost 9000 segments for essentially 3 NMs, instead of 3000 segments for 3NMs. Its like You pay in advance for 3, even when you cant do it. Instead it should be 3000 and good groups would be rewarded to do more than 1 then, if they can kill more than 1.

This is exactly how it should be.

3000 to enter. Legion style do you to 3 mobs for better prepared groups. Shout groups can focus one mob and try for 2-3 for fun.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-10 11:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Well if you consider the next event after Omen, Dyna D, never allowed to store entrances, never having this option is also a possibility

Thats because there isnt a KI to store for entry into Dyna D you get the initial KI and then its a 60 hour timer. Its basically just old dyna without having to buy the item to enter with gil.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-01-10 12:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone translate all the description, especially tables on start and at the end?

YouTube Video Placeholder

Google Translate/Lens does an OK job with the translation. Nothing groundbreaking from what I can see:
party setup: (run sam sam cor brd whm)
buffs: sam/chaos roll, march march minuet minuet/mazurka, auspice.

Kill trash on floor 1-4, skip halos, annoying trash are dahak, flayers, skip slash resistant trash, etc.

End slide is just a summary repeating the first slide and them making about 1M gil per run and obtaining 4kish segments.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-10 12:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Solonuke said: »
I think they're waiting with adding additional KIs until the event is complete (or less buggy). Omen didn't have up to three canteens at launch.
Nope but you could store 2, plus one on yourself.

That would already be an acceptable compromise for odyssey, if you ask me.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-11 10:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a really peculiar question to compare jobs when you do not have a support job.
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 424 425 426