Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 424 425 426
 Asura.Veikur
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2020-11-27 16:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
The majority of the complaints comes from reading into what SE is telling us (updates coming), then seeing some reason why (COVID), and in the same breath, they release huge updates for another game.
Covid is causing delays across the entire industry.

And again, XIV has a properly sized development staff that isn't reliant on barely functioning PS2 dev kits.

You not liking the reasons given doesn't make them invalid.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-27 16:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo real talk

This is exactly why this game goes to ***. Every time people talk about doing something to force them to acknowledge their player base, people pop up like "isss not sssooo bad, we don't want them to pull the plug on the game, be patient". What kind of abuse talk is this? For every person who would unsub to make a point, there's a dozen others who are apologists and feel that sticking it out is the best move. Stop with this battered victim syndrome, it looks really bad. You don't have to accept abuse
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-11-27 16:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been bother to do that new story crap either as it has no effect on my current play style... its just story fluff with a promise of good things to come which by there lack of caring will be lackluster.

Heck they didn't even translate a portion of it when it dropped.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-11-27 16:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Storyline has never been considered content in my eyes.

If anything it’s just content I wish was skippable. Never played for the missions/storyline and I don’t think a majority of the player base cares either.

4 characters with all completed missions and I don’t know a single storyline to this game.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-11-27 16:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't told a single person not to unsubscribe. I'M currently unsubbed.

If you don't like the dev cycle, unsub until it's better and maybe they'll listen. Or maybe they'll pull the plug.

But saying covid related delays that are happening across the entire industry, including FFXIV, aren't a valid excuse is *** stupid.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-27 16:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You've got to look at the scope.

They're finally gonna drop the new bosses, and the only fair response will be... how did covid delay this

Take the devkit home, let the devs kid spend 10 minutes colorpuking on a zilant and we're done. Everyone is happy. That's literally what we're talking about here. A handful of reskin bosses with ivomit gear. That's it. No dialogue, no story, no new zones, no new buffs, no job adjustments.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-11-27 16:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lack of Dev/QA staff. The same reason we get trickle fed anything. Just worse, because covid.

This isn't rocket science to figure out.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-11-27 16:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

They're finally gonna drop the new bosses, and the only fair response will be... how did covid delay this

With the updates we've been getting I have to think... if an experienced dev who knew what they were doing spent even just 8 hours (literally 1 full work day) per month on FFXI I bet they'd get more done than they have been.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-27 16:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »

If you don't like the dev cycle, unsub until it's better and maybe they'll listen. Or maybe they'll pull the plug.

But saying covid related delays that are happening across the entire industry, including FFXIV, aren't a valid excuse is *** stupid.

every other company has figured out how to work at this point. SE has pushed back things for literally 9+ months. seriously the masochism shown by the SE white knights is a serious medical condition that you should look into. basically opting in to an abusive relationship, or in your case trolling about one since you are unsubbed...

the emp+3 announcement that it was coming soon was what, 2 years ago at this point?

sad.

here's a topic of us wondering where emp+3 was back in January, where's your covid god now white knight?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54379/whatever-happened-to-empyrean-gear-3

editing in: those of us bitching about the lack of anything from SE are doing those of you who think the game is fine and dandy a favor, it's embarrassing that you don't realize it. any real company would have at least issued a statement at this point apologizing for being so garbage. people are paying hundreds a year to play this game and getting no development done on it is truly a travesty, many of us have been paying that same hundreds for decades for a game we enjoyed and wanted to continue to see grow. people on this forum wanting to silence those of us that are complaining when SE drops the ball, does nothing and does not communicate are hurting this game more than anyone else.

it's a very sad reality that the game many of us have played for 17 years had to be ran by square enix, this is only behavior a company like them would present.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-11-27 16:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »

every other company has figured out how to work at this point. SE has pushed back things for literally 9+ months.
4 months, maybe XI's wait for the Odyssey Boss has been longer, which is doubtful. But nothing they set to put out this year has been delayed for 9+ months. You might be thinking of Cyberpunk 2077, which has been delayed just short of 8 months.

Empyrean reforge was never promised to happen "soon". Just that it would happen. That thread was a typical Malthar thread.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-27 16:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

the emp+3 announcement that it was coming soon

Oh damn i just forgot that Empy+3 was a thing because it's been so long. Which means I smell a major finesse with this Odyssey delay. Watch them link Odyssey to Empyrean and require all those months of segments farm as necessary to purchase your base materials (30k per mat or something equally as exorbitant).
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-11-27 16:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

it's a very sad reality that the game many of us have played for 17 years had to be ran by square enix, this is only behavior a company like them would present.

I stopped buying Square Enix games because I don’t like them as a company. Was way better when it was just Square.
By SimonSes 2020-11-27 16:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Take the devkit home, let the devs kid spend 10 minutes colorpuking on a zilant and we're done. Everyone is happy. That's literally what we're talking about here. A handful of reskin bosses with ivomit gear. That's it. No dialogue, no story, no new zones, no new buffs, no job adjustments.

and have people complaining that its just reskinned content with nothing new.

Asura.Botosi said: »
Storyline has never been considered content in my eyes.

If anything it’s just content I wish was skippable. Never played for the missions/storyline and I don’t think a majority of the player base cares either.

4 characters with all completed missions and I don’t know a single storyline to this game.

You are super wrong imo. While most people probably skip cutscenes on their alts, majority of playerbase for sure enjoyed it while going through it for the first time. Its also the major example how hard would be to make a proper update. You want cut scenes to be skipable and other people want good storyline the most.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I haven't been bother to do that new story crap either as it has no effect on my current play style... its just story fluff with a promise of good things to come which by there lack of caring will be lackluster.

Another prime example, while developing for you sucks. You prefer bad content with good reward over good content with low reward. Odyssey isnt bad content. Its fast, you can kill trash and NMs, you can mix various tactics, you can approach it from different ways, but its considered as fail content, only because it lacks bigger rewards. Most of you played this game too much and you no longer have fun from just gameplay. Take a break.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Yo real talk

This is exactly why this game goes to ***. Every time people talk about doing something to force them to acknowledge their player base, people pop up like "isss not sssooo bad, we don't want them to pull the plug on the game, be patient". What kind of abuse talk is this? For every person who would unsub to make a point, there's a dozen others who are apologists and feel that sticking it out is the best move. Stop with this battered victim syndrome, it looks really bad. You don't have to accept abuse

You reading it wrong. I simply see reality as it is. They have financial issues. FFXI is very far in the line of priorities. They should probably just lower the cost of the subs, but at the same time they can't because they have financial issues. They tell you in EVERY update that everything they presented might be delayed. Most of the time its not and people get used to that being a case. Now things really are delayed and you are just shocked.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-27 17:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

With the updates we've been getting I have to think... if an experienced dev who knew what they were doing spent even just 8 hours (literally 1 full work day) per month on FFXI I bet they'd get more done than they have been.

Its talking out of your ***. You have 0 idea about developing FFXI.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-11-27 17:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Storyline content takes a ton of resources (creating cutscenes, actual story and usually new zones) and provides players with a 1-time burst of content that ends the second the mission is completed.

Creating something fun and repeatable with different rewards requires a couple of reskinned mobs, 1-2 new zones, and a new currency implementation (ambuscade, Nyzul, salvage, etc).

I mean, ***, just give us Neo-Neo-Nyzul Isle with ilvl mobs and some ilvl thaumas gear and the community would be busy speed hacking around Nyzul for months/years.
By Draylo 2020-11-27 17:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes what are you defending? I don't get it, you think the lack of content so far is okay?
[+]
By Rips 2020-11-27 18:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason behind the lack of content? I don't get it. Do they really not care? They are a business. Is it not profitable to bother making new content? Do they think (or know?) that a significant amount of the population cheats and they look down on us with their noses up? Is the JP population so small now and it's a majority of NA players that they feel "meh" towards us?

Like... what the hell.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-11-27 18:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if SE had/has a mountain of technical debt or some very difficult, nebulous and questionable development practices, we should be getting new content at a higher rate than we're currently experiencing.

Our expectations are already very low, in that most players would accept a new (re-used) battlefield with re-skinned NMs with 1-2 gimmicks, if any.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-27 18:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would they pull experienced staff off other titles that are in development to an old game with a small player base?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-11-27 18:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Odyssey isnt bad content.

Brah... its the worst content to date... thf lvl 99 naked makes more upgrade items then a group can

Pathetic you think otherwise... stop being a shill...
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-27 19:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
SimonSes what are you defending? I don't get it, you think the lack of content so far is okay?
guessing he has no idea, likely a troll that is currently unsubbed
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-11-27 19:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s clear that FFXIV is and always will be their focus going forward. According to the latest census FFXIV has 650,000 active players, and at its peak FFXI only ever had 500,000. You can argue semantics on exact player numbers, but add the cash shop into the equation and it’s clear that FFXIV is making them a larger monthly income than 11 ever did. The extended drought of this lack of content is just proof they’ve moved on. For whatever reason, be it lack of resources or lack of concern, FFXI is pretty much finished. And unless they specifically mention major content updates with details and screenshots it’s just wishful thinking to believe anything is coming our way soon. The entire year of 2020’s content can be summed up in two events. A few token accessories from camping dragons, and odyssey.
[+]
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-11-27 19:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They quite possibly could have pushed the December update to January for the same reason they pushed the return home campaign that is normally in November to December -- it interfered with a similar event at the same time in XIV
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-11-27 20:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it. They’ve had similar events running simultaneously between the two games before. I think it’s just a simple matter of s-e execs cutting next to all funding from the project. They don’t deem FFXI worth the investment anymore. Actions speak louder than words, and it’s clearly a business decision they’ve made. But if that’s the case they should just come out and say it. If s-e flat out said “we can’t be bothered to take the game seriously anymore because it’s too old and not worth the effort” it wouldn’t bother me nearly as much as what it appears they’re doing, IE: silently pulling the plug and trying to make it look like they aren’t by making promises to their players and then failing to deliver on them.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-27 20:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just business. More money in the carrot than the truth.

It would be great if they were honest, but we don't need honest, just need people to open their eyes.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-11-27 20:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We need Nynja to invest his money and make the game great again.
By SimonSes 2020-11-28 03:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
guessing he has no idea, likely a troll that is currently unsubbed

Is this some kind of inception? Troll attempt to accuse someone of trolling?

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
SimonSes said: »
Odyssey isnt bad content.

Brah... its the worst content to date... thf lvl 99 naked makes more upgrade items then a group can

Pathetic you think otherwise... stop being a shill...

It was already being discussed like that.
Odyssey is good content with poor reward system, which ultimately makes it a poor content for people who only see benefit of getting rewards from it. Odyssey itself is great. Its fast, has multiple way of doing it, its solo friendly because of MM system, it has cool system of izzat etc. The problem is for people optimizing farming Odyssey, all that is not there, because they feel forced to keying chests exclusively. I don't really care about being that optimal anymore (I key farmed on start to speed up making some pieces) and I'm fine with getting like 150 hides while working on my MM. So my run include killing Halo, killing 2 nms, killing some nostos and opening few chests/coffers and sometimes Aurum. I understand that people prioritizing optimal hide/run wont do it. For those people they added segments. Now they just need to add good r/e rewards you can get from segments and that alone will make Odyssey great event for everyone.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-28 03:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest problem on Odyssey is that lack of visible progression.

Only progression thats visible is MM, thats, everytime you enter Odyssey you know youre in a higher place because your MM just increase and never drops, but this stat is still neglected by everyone, and not for a bad reason, as its effects are too subtle.

If it gets a more solid feeling of progression, then the next problem gonna be the 30 mins time gate, what will make progression to take too long to be achieved.
By SimonSes 2020-11-28 04:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well segments are also visible after every time you get it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-28 08:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

and the community would be busy speed hacking around Nyzul for months/years.
for 2 weeks*

But yeah I get your general concept, there's merit to that.
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 424 425 426