Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 409 410 411
By Afania 2020-06-02 05:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Afania said: »
SimonSes said: »
Afania said: »
Afaik SE community rep checked all community forums, not just OF.

They might check other forums when its about serious exploit or chests, but I never heard of example that they read anything else than official forum to get feedback. That's why people who really want to push some feedback create post on OF.

It came from someone who used to work for SE as community rep, that they do check forums like reddit and report to HQ. If I remember correctly that is since its mentioned many years ago.

Idk, in every Digest they ask for feedback specifically saying "on the official forum", so I'm going with most recent info I see.

Sure, whatever. If SE dont check community forums anymore it's their loss then.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-02 06:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
There is no reason you want to. There is a reason new players would. People forget new players dont have gil income to make 15 mil easily, and the gear from odyssey is low bar entry and powerful. It is much more worth it for them to make the odyssey R15 gear than things like adhemar body.

No, there's no reason a new player should dump 15 million into something like Agony Jerkin when it takes 4 days to get points for Adhemar and 8 for Herculean.

A new player should sell the scales and establish their gear while getting weapons and armour through DI. It's just what we need, R15 Agony Jerkin THFs running around in sparks gear or the likes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-06-02 12:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
new player should dump 15 million into something like Agony Jerkin

Thats where youre entirely wrong. New players wouldnt dump 15 mil into it, theyd get the upgrade through the content.

1) New players dont have 15 mil

2) New players arent getting abjs, as they dont have access to the content nor gear to get it

3) Even with domain points, theyd be getting other items before abjs.

It is far more worth it to upgrade items they can get solo than for them to put money elsewhere on things they cannot obtain.

People forget there are 10,000 hoops and prereqs for everything for new players.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-02 13:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats where youre entirely wrong. New players wouldnt dump 15 mil into it, theyd get the upgrade through the content.

2) New players arent getting abjs, as they dont have access to the content nor gear to get it

It is far more worth it to upgrade items they can get solo than for them to put money elsewhere on things they cannot obtain.

People forget there are 10,000 hoops and prereqs for everything for new players.

1) I think you entirely missed the point the other poster was making, saying that they can R15 items like Agony Jerkin. 15 stacks of scales @ 1m per stack equals 15 million gil, which can and should be spent on other things.

2) You can buy them from Zurim with Domain Points.

3) It doesn't take long to accumulate Domain Points when it's 100/day. Getting Adhemar Body in 4 days is a much better option than blowing scales on Agony for instance.

There's not 10,000 hoops and pre-reqs to gain access to Zitah. It takes like an hour with a fresh 99. Maybe add another hour for Ru'Aun since you don't even need Sky. Also, you shouldn't be pissing away gil pre-99.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-06-02 14:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

1) I think you entirely missed the point the other poster was making, saying that they can R15 items like Agony Jerkin. 15 stacks of scales @ 1m per stack equals 15 million gil, which can and should be spent on other things.

2) You can buy them from Zurim with Domain Points.

3) It doesn't take long to accumulate Domain Points when it's 100/day. Getting Adhemar Body in 4 days is a much better option than blowing scales on Agony for instance.

There's not 10,000 hoops and pre-reqs to gain access to Zitah. It takes like an hour with a fresh 99. Maybe add another hour for Ru'Aun since you don't even need Sky. Also, you shouldn't be pissing away gil pre-99.

New players CANNOT DO DOMAIN INVASION. And even then, you need multiple months worth of points BEFORE you can put it towards an abj. Youll get R15 on odyssey gear far, far faster.

Youre severely underestimating the prereqs required.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 14:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wtf? New players can AFK their DI points, wtf you on about?
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-06-02 14:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

New players CANNOT DO DOMAIN INVASION. And even then, you need multiple months worth of points BEFORE

My guy. I made my 4th character and I afk'd it in DI with me and it is sitting on 700 points so far and all I have done story wise is Home nation rank 3. Not even ilvl yet.
This statement is 100% false lol.

Multiple months of DI he said. An abjuration costs 400 points. 400 points takes 4 days. How many days are in a month? I feel like my schools taught me different.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-06-02 14:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
New players CANNOT DO DOMAIN INVASION. And even then, you need multiple months worth of points BEFORE

My guy. I made my 4th character and I afk'd it in DI with me and it is sitting on 700 points so far and all I have done story wise is Home nation rank 3. Not even ilvl yet.
This statement is 100% false lol.

Multiple months of DI he said. An abjuration costs 400 points. 400 points takes 4 days. How many days are in a month? I feel like my schools taught me different.

For the 15 thousandth time.

New. Players. To. The. Game. Arent. Going. To. Be. Able. To. Do. Domain. Invasion.

1) They need to do other stories first. Their priorities are elsewhere.

2) You have a million prereqs for all content you need to do, hence point 1.

And even IF we assume theyll be getting domain points, YOU CANNOT WASTE 400 DI POINTS ON ABJS UNTIL YOU GET YOUR NEEDED 1000 POINT ITEMS. Youre just wasting points.

And even then, you dont have the 15+ mil per abj piece, even if we assume you decided to spend your points on an abjuration. New players dont have gil income.

Its clear none of you have any idea what a new player experience is. No, you making an alt is not a "new character". You still have your other alt, an LS, and other connections in the game to get you up to speed.

It is far more effective for them to go for odyssey R15 gear than abj gear right off the bat.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-06-02 14:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

even objecting to spending scales on agony jerkin, there are other useful items like tancho +1. It takes 15 days or less, 30 minutes each day, to R15, which is faster than spending all month doing V2 or VE V1 for an ambuscade weapon, not to mention the difficulty in getting a glow weapon for the last upgrade. You can spend time progressing in multiple events at the same time, use DI points for making NQ abjuration armor, scales for upgrading your weapon and accessories. There is an unpredictable and potentially significant additional cost to making herculean decent.

Also, they wouldn't be buying 15 stacks of scales so they'd be doing the event anyway in order to have that 15M you think they should spend elsewhere.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-02 14:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

@Nya: Man, you're *** stubborn. 100% stubborn.

There's no reason why new players can't do DI, get 99, take an hour and unlock Zitah, that's it. How is that hard for you to understand this?

Why would a new player get a 1000 point item before getting a decent weapon and armour? Your points make zero sense at all. What the *** is the point of a Thrud Earring when the rest of your gear is sparks ***? Seriously, it doesn't take long to unlock Zitah. I'll even post it for you since you're so *** stubborn.

1) Zone into any of the three starter cities with a character that is level 3 or higher and you will receive a brief cutscene.

2) Zone into either Selbina or Mhaura

3)If you picked the Selbina path:
Talk to Naillina at (F-9) in the Mayor's Residence.
Select the first option for a cutscene.
If you picked the Mhaura path:
Talk to Numi Adaligo at (F-9) in the Governor's House.
Select the first option.

4) Farm pollen or dewdrops. Surprise, you even get a free subjob.

After completing this mission, you will have access to both Escha - Zi'Tah and Escha - Ru'Aun.

Now kindly *** right off with your 10,000 per-requisites. Honestly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 14:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

15 mil, in a week is do able. You can gain XP in low level XP party's.

I started a character 46 days ago now. Had 50 in a day, spent a week or so spamming first parts of RoV, nation rank 6, rotz finished, cop finished, in about 2 weeks give or take, also within that 2 weeks hit 99 on 3 jobs, started DIs, started ambu, made it to Reisenjima. All the while collecting idk, 6-7 mil or so capping Sparks/accolades a few times casually.

I grant you my main helped that out a ton, but mostly just for leveling. Mission battles you need possibly a hand or 2, but trusts can wipe out the LB fights with a 0 skill character easy.

You just have to push right off to get to that. That's the biggest hill new players will have to climb.

Hit 99 asap > get missions done, starting with RoV progress as fast as possible > once hit each story line block, congratulations NOW, you are playing the game. Which is the endgame.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-06-02 14:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

And even IF we assume theyll be getting domain points, YOU CANNOT WASTE 400 DI POINTS ON ABJS UNTIL YOU GET YOUR NEEDED 1000 POINT ITEMS. Youre just wasting points.

And even then, you dont have the 15+ mil per abj piece, even if we assume you decided to spend your points on an abjuration. New players dont have gil income.

Its clear none of you have any idea what a new player experience is. No, you making an alt is not a "new character". You still have your other alt, an LS, and other connections in the game to get you up to speed.

It is far more effective for them to go for odyssey R15 gear than abj gear right off the bat.

You do realise you don't need the 1000 point items. Some of them aren't going to be good for most anyway. Why would a new player want 10% enhancing duration if their potency isn't good. Priorities are clearly wrong for you. And saying HQ abjurations are needed is beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Even all 3 master trials, Tumult curator were and still are beatable with ALL NQ abjurations; saying you must go HQ or bust is *** stupid.

And yes, I know exactly what it's like. I came back to the game back when ALL HQ aburation prices cost 200-250mil each. When Ambuscade gave 1200 points for a VD. If anything it's easier coming back now than let's say 2-3 years ago.

You just can't accept the fact you're wrong.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-02 14:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you letting this obvious troll provoke you guys into a silly debate? He has a thorough history of being 100% wrong in nearly everything he says. Why are you guys falling for this again?

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nearly every comment you have made in every single thread about game mechanics has been 100% incorrect, Nyaarun. Im going to go back to ignoring your comments, I took the bait again. My bad
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-06-02 15:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@Nya: Man, you're *** stubborn. 100% stubborn.

There's no reason why new players can't do DI, get 99, take an hour and unlock Zitah, that's it. How is that hard for you to understand this?

Why would a new player get a 1000 point item before getting a decent weapon and armour? Your points make zero sense at all. What the *** is the point of a Thrud Earring when the rest of your gear is sparks ***? Seriously, it doesn't take long to unlock Zitah. I'll even post it for you since you're so *** stubborn.

1) Zone into any of the three starter cities with a character that is level 3 or higher and you will receive a brief cutscene.

2) Zone into either Selbina or Mhaura

3)If you picked the Selbina path:
Talk to Naillina at (F-9) in the Mayor's Residence.
Select the first option for a cutscene.
If you picked the Mhaura path:
Talk to Numi Adaligo at (F-9) in the Governor's House.
Select the first option.

4) Farm pollen or dewdrops. Surprise, you even get a free subjob.

After completing this mission, you will have access to both Escha - Zi'Tah and Escha - Ru'Aun.

Now kindly *** right off with your 10,000 per-requisites. Honestly.

Theres literally 0 reason to waste 400 points on an abj before getting the 1000 point items. None. Zero. Nada.

Odyssey gear is a far better investment in the interim, because it doesnt waste domain points. And even if you wanted to argue using domain points, youd use it on the full DI armor set, which gets beat by odyssey gear anyway. Youd never use domain points on abj before getting the more valuable items exclusive from there.

Odyssey gear is free with reasonable effort with low bar to entry that new players can get into and do with minimal investment.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-06-02 15:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
15 mil, in a week is do able
Not for a new player. If a new player is getting 15 mil a week, they arent new.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-02 15:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres literally 0 reason to waste 400 points on an abj before getting the 1000 point items. None. Zero. Nada.

About the same reason to use 1500 plates on an Ochain? Would you put that priority before or after HQing a Loricate Torque? Just curious.

Also, the 15m was based on keeping or selling scales for a shitty R15 item.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 15:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
15 mil, in a week is do able
Not for a new player. If a new player is getting 15 mil a week, they arent new.
New is relative as all hell to be honest. This is an MMO, first and foremost, so I guess step one truly would be, make some friends, which will help immensely, lit of "bored" players that live to take on a little newb side kick. So, from there's it's all a matter of prioritizing, even a legit solo player in this day and age can get to 99 in 2 weeks, if they hustle and know their goals.

Once you hit 99, again, a player with focus can get, eh, I'll be fair, and say 10 mil in a week. But, they can also gain access to all the stuff being discussed in another weeks worth of missions.

So, it's moot. New player is one that broke the barrier in one way or another.

Anywho, tangents aside, anyone who is on Levi, new or not, is welcome in our shell.

Chat, CP, smash omens etc, no "attendance" required, no need to hand out gil, just hang out get loot and kill ***with friends.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-06-02 15:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

About the same reason to use 1500 plates on an Ochain? Would you put that priority before or after HQing a Loricate Torque? Just curious.

Also, the 15m was based on keeping or selling scales for a shitty R15 item.

Im not a new player, and i worked my *** off for my ochain. Whether or not some moron on ffxiah thinks its worth it or not is irrelevant to the discussion.

And no, the R15 items in odyssey are not shitty. They are fairly competitive for the effort required to get them, many of the accessories even being BiS, and a lot of the armor being situationally BiS as well.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-06-02 15:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit, do I need to make another thread?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-02 16:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha. Just making sure you're putting 1000 point accessories over weapons and armour for new players. Just make sure you tell the new players that their sparks gear is alright as long as they get a Thrud Earring first so they follow your lead. You can also tell them instead of selling the scales they get from Odyssey to use them on stepping-stone gear. Also, be sure to tell them that getting Zitah access takes 10,000 prerequisites so they get discouraged.

What a *** ***-backwards way to play.

Pro-tip: Souls/Plates/Horns isn't working your *** off.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 16:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a discussion on development. That is not, but bears considering:

Merc culture is the biggest threat to truly new players. The idea that a small group of players feel it's well within their right to demand a new player fork over X amount of gil in order to have rights on lotting an item.

If players didn't feel pressure to generate income for these privileged elite, we wouldn't be facing a bloated RMT ridden economy now.

But noooooooo.... Mercs would rather an item they all already have to be floored than give it up to a new player trying to gear up.

They will claim that "oh we are having to 'carry' this person" as an excuse. But here's the rub, that person will be forced into gimpiness until they gear up enough to land their hits and co tribute. But they aren't allowed to, until they fork up them gilz.

So, new players, with barely anything, trying to suit up at least one job will look at that general culture and say *** that.

But an experienced group, could, help that player without expecting ***in return, and get them up to speed very quickly to the point that they aren't being carried anymore, but taking some leads rather.

Mercing is just..... Since day one of hearing about such a thing in XI I've always thought was ***. Also complain about crafting exploits, or bots, or rmt all day long. All of that stems from players who caught various waves of content first demanding being compensated for repeating the content for the benefit of others.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-02 16:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey gear is free with reasonable effort with low bar to entry that new players can get into and do with minimal investment.

New players CANNOT DO DOMAIN INVASION. And even then, you need multiple months worth of points BEFORE you can put it towards an abj. Youll get R15 on odyssey gear far, far faster.

So let me get this straight:
New players CANNOT DO DOMAIN INVASION, a server wide event that is likely very survivable in a group setting even in sparks gear, but can solo Voso multiple times for an Agony Jerkin+1? I only used Agony Jerkin as an example since it was the piece previously mentioned.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 16:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope can't be done at level 3 so it's out.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-02 16:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
New players CANNOT DO DOMAIN INVASION, a server wide event that is likely very survivable in a group setting even in sparks gear, but can solo Voso multiple times for an Agony Jerkin+1? I only used Agony Jerkin as an example since it was the piece previously mentioned.

Then he's ok with new players dumping scales to R15 Agony. Then skipping key weapons/armour/abjurations from DI, only to get the 1000 point accessories because they're BiS. This is because Odyssey should trump DI because of the '10,000 of hoops one has to go through' to unlock Escha. Also seems to think it takes months of work to get an abjuration when it's *** 400 points.....4 days of 'hard work'.

Dumb ***right there.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-02 16:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

New players should just gtfo of FFxI cause this is no place for newbs.

Stop with WAR/WHM just because guide say so
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-06-02 16:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha. Just making sure you're putting 1000 point accessories over weapons and armour for new players. Just make sure you tell the new players that their sparks gear is alright as long as they get a Thrud Earring first so they follow your lead. You can also tell them instead of selling the scales they get from Odyssey to use them on stepping-stone gear. Also, be sure to tell them that getting Zitah access takes 10,000 prerequisites so they get discouraged.

What a *** ***-backwards way to play.

Pro-tip: Souls/Plates/Horns isn't working your *** off.

Pro tip, yes, farming multiple empys for LS members to afford the materials to upgrade my own empy is. Yes, i worked my *** off for what i got. Some nobody on ffxiah isnt going to take that away.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-02 16:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey gear is a far better investment in the interim, because it doesnt waste domain points. And even if you wanted to argue using domain points, youd use it on the full DI armor set, which gets beat by odyssey gear anyway. Youd never use domain points on abj before getting the more valuable items exclusive from there.
Abjuration gear is absolutely much more valuable than DI exclusive gear on the whole, especially considering the point differences. Even getting a good NQ Adhemar piece is going to be a bigger upgrade for a new player than any of the Domain Invasion exclusive pieces. Veteran players go for the 1000 point items first because they either already have the abj gear or the ability to easily get the abjurations elsewhere; this is unlikely to be true of new players.

In addition, Odyssey fodder are actually pretty tough; they start at more than 40,000 HP on floor one, hit hard, and come in large groups. Despite their level, they're actually much stronger than Omen fodder that con IT. A newbie just off of finishing Rhapsodies is going to get very few scales unless their chosen job is THF and they look up how to do the key method (and most returning players do not thoroughly comb online sites for stuff like this). Even then, they'll get more benefit by selling the scales for gil to fund other, more cost-efficient equipment, like reforged AF, NQ Abjuration gear, and REMAs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-02 16:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Then he's ok with new players dumping scales to R15 Agony. Then skipping key weapons/armour/abjurations from DI, only to get the 1000 point accessories because they're BiS. This is because Odyssey should trump DI because of the '10,000 of hoops one has to go through' to unlock Escha. Also seems to think it takes months of work to get an abjuration when it's *** 400 points.....4 days of 'hard work'.

Dumb ***right there.
I wasnt even going at it from that angle:
I dont think a new player is going to be able to reliably solo any 119+ Unity NM to be able to get the +1 piece to augment.

Arthro, Voso, Imperator, Joyous Green, Garbage Gel...is a new player soloing these?

You dont even have to survive DI to get the points, participate just enough to get the "You are now participating" (which is literally just be there) message and you get 100 DP a day.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 16:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No they are expected to grind out Sparks til their eyes bleed and pay someone to do it.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-06-02 16:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Abjuration gear is absolutely much more valuable than DI exclusive gear on the whole, especially considering the point differences. Even getting a good NQ Adhemar piece is going to be a bigger upgrade for a new player than any of the Domain Invasion exclusive pieces. Veteran players go for the 1000 point items first because they either already have the abj gear or the ability to easily get the abjurations elsewhere; this is unlikely to be true of new players.

In addition, Odyssey fodder are actually pretty tough; they start at more than 40,000 HP on floor one, hit hard, and come in large groups. Despite their level, they're actually much stronger than Omen fodder that con IT. A newbie just off of finishing Rhapsodies is going to get very few scales unless their chosen job is THF and they look up how to do the key method (and most returning players do not thoroughly comb online sites for stuff like this). Even then, they'll get more benefit by selling the scales for gil to fund other, more cost-efficient equipment, like reforged AF, NQ Abjuration gear, and REMAs.

Odyssey gear is not that far off of NQ abj, so going for NQ abj is not worth it. Like wise, new players have zero access to 119 rema. You cant start reforging without titles you dont have, and rema weapons are well out of the scope of a new player.

Youre not going to get more mileage out of selling the scales than you would actually R15ing the gear. Youre heavily undervaluing the gear given.
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 409 410 411