Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 424 425 426
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-03 11:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see a real need to remove the timer on Domain Invasion, but how about including beads as a reward even for non-kills? Doesn't have to be the full result, in the words of Bill Murray to the Dalai Lama, "how 'bout a little something for the effort?"

....so SE gave me partial beads for that Quetz that depopped at 4%, so I got that goin for me.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-03 11:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They specifically mention:
・Add new reward exchange system
・Add new rewards

So, there is probably going to be a way to spend beads/silt/kill credits/idk on the ra/ex drops and a few new ra/ex items as well.
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-12-03 11:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
So, there is probably going to be a way to spend beads/silt/kill credits/idk on the ra/ex drops and a few new ra/ex items as well.
And here I just spent around 35k beads speeding through some AF+3 reforge I was too impatient to wait for... Of course this will probably be the case.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-03 11:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They specifically mention:
・Add new reward exchange system
・Add new rewards

Makes sense in the aging of the game I guess. While there are still people out there seeking their first Aeonic, and beads are still important to them, there's also a large faction out there who have all the aeonics, or at least all they'll ever want, and have beads rotting unless they are impatient for AF+3 upgrades.

As a result, those still working on it find less people at Domain Invasion, making it harder than it was upon first release. If they brought out new rewards, it would give motivation for me and others to start killin those dragons again (possibly, heh).
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-03 12:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Dear Adventurers,

You can now spend 50k beads for a clear on any T4/HELM in the respective zone.

It would be nice if you could farm the dragons for currency to buy any item, BUT this is SE. Either it will take 6 months to buy a Tier 1 drop item, or they will only offer the current dragon drops..
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-12-03 13:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't necessarily have to be a JA with a recast. Could be a stance, lot of ways to implement it.

Cures become AOE if you aren't at the top of any monsters hate list. Would make it an easy hate regrab, and give you more use against fodder type stuff where tanking isn't practical or needed.

Cures become AOE if you have at least 300, 500, w.e tp, but consume all TP. No longer limited by time, costs something, still can't use it nonstop.

Cures become AOE and cost 50-100% more MP.

Etc. A plain JA is boring, but knowing SE you're probably right and it'll just be accession-1.

I strongly second this emotion. It will likely be crap or have a dumb cool down rendering it practically useless. The only way it could not be disappointing is if it works like Hasso/Seigan so it can be full timed or Pianissimo with a 5 second cool down. An added bonus would be increased enmity generation while under the effect. Banishga? Really? Yay for a native AoE tag but dat casting time.........
By Pantafernando 2019-12-31 09:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
New Year's Wishes (01/01/2020)
Happy New Year, adventurers!

You may recall that last year I declared our intent to bring FINAL FANTASY XI's safely to its 20th anniversary together with all of you. Toward that end, we drafted version update plans under the theme of "revisiting common wisdom with a fresh look," and celebrated many success stories—revamping the installer program, refurbishing our promotional site, and otherwise working on various tasks that made it easier for returning adventurers to come back and for new players to start playing with minimal fuss.

2019 was also a year in which we continued to promote new playstyles. In addition to the recent reworking of Domain Invasion, we implemented new battlefields that brought some favorite mission battles back to the forefront—both things we are very proud of. I hope you enjoyed these changes as much as we enjoyed bringing them to you.

And here we are, entering a whole new decade. In 2020, we want to continue building on this foundation to create an even more fulfilling Vana'diel experience.

The word "fulfilling" means different things to different people—new adventures, quality of life improvements, and more. We've already started work on a number of items towards both these ends. In the realm of new adventures, we're striving to bring you all-new content in which you can reforge Wanted equipment. For quality of life improvements, we're going to remove system-side hurdles to eliminate various pain points, such as adjusting battle area entry systems.

I'd like to end my greetings by wishing health and happiness to you and yours in the New Year and by reaffirming the development and operations teams' commitment to bringing you exciting adventures in the world of Vana'diel. We hope that you continue to enjoy FINAL FANTASY XI, and we'll see you in game!

Akihiko Matsui
Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI
By Pantafernando 2019-12-31 09:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Event Period
Monday, December 31, at 7:00 a.m. (PST) to Tuesday, January 15, at 6:59 a.m.

Additionally, during the following period, Chacharoon in Ru'Lude Gardens (I-8) will sell special items that are only available for a limited time.

Quote:
Limited-Time Items
Themed limited-time items will go on sale for one week after the start of the New Year (JST). There are two types of items, and each can be purchased once per day (Earth time).
* Sales reset at 7:00 a.m. (PST).

Item Availability Period
Monday, December 31, at 7:00 a.m. (PST) to Tuesday, January 7, at 6:00 a.m.

Vendor
Chacharoon in Ru'Lude Gardens (I-8)

What item are those?
 Lakshmi.Kyera
Server: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2019-12-31 10:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Event Period

Additionally, during the following period, Chacharoon in Ru'Lude Gardens (I-8) will sell special items that are only available for a limited time.

Quote:
Limited-Time Items
Themed limited-time items will go on sale for one week after the start of the New Year (JST). There are two types of items, and each can be purchased once per day (Earth time).

Item Availability Period

Vendor

What item are those?

Two items are available (today at least) for 2020 gil each (four characters):

Chacharoon's Grab Bag (one item per bag) - got Riftborn Boulder x1, Beitetsu Parcel x1, Riftborn Boulder x1, Beitetsu Parcel

Sussuroon's Grab Bag (sets of 3-8 so far) - Compression Sphere x6, Scission Sphere x3, Scission Sphere x3, Gravitation Sphere x8

Also as a side note, after buying Cacharoon's Grab Bag, it said "Already done" on Sussuroon's gift, but I was still able to buy it. One each per day.
By Pantafernando 2019-12-31 10:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm.......
By Pantafernando 2019-12-31 10:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 9 scission sphere.

If there is no requirement to purchase it in theory one could restart a char and repurchase the Sussuroons bag? I believe even at one sphere is still a profit over the 2020g cost.
 Asura.Aquatiq
Server: Asura
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-12-31 10:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyera said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Event Period

Quote:
Limited-Time Items

Item Availability Period

Vendor

What item are those?

Two items are available (today at least) for 2020 gil each (four characters):

Chacharoon's Grab Bag (one item per bag) - got Riftborn Boulder x1, Beitetsu Parcel x1, Riftborn Boulder x1, Beitetsu Parcel

Sussuroon's Grab Bag (sets of 3-8 so far) - Compression Sphere x6, Scission Sphere x3, Scission Sphere x3, Gravitation Sphere x8

Also as a side note, after buying Cacharoon's Grab Bag, it said "Already done" on Sussuroon's gift, but I was still able to buy it. One each per day.

Heh, I'm sure someone is already packeting the hell out of that menu.
By Pantafernando 2019-12-31 10:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone just got Darkness Spheres here. So HQ3 spheres are possible too.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-31 11:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Reforge of Wanted Equipment is just going to be a mindless 90 day grind of time-gated content so you can wipe off the "Unity Rank" restriction and have the Unity Rank bonus any time regardless of your unity's rank. Calling it now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-12-31 11:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We're all going to be so underwhelmed for that Unity reforged crap.

Although I'm curious about the battle entry system?
By Pantafernando 2019-12-31 11:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Too generic imo.

Maybe something related to entrance on instanced arena? Or maybe remove some lags to engage a mob (for example when youre being zerged and try to engage you need to almost wait all mobs and their mom to end their turns before you can actually engage).
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-31 11:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, a lot of the Unity stuff was and came from the classic 75-cap era fights. An example is that the higher tier version of Roc gave a Healing Staff variant (Ababinili) that was very good, so it does actually show promise if they item level it up to 140~ (or, more likely 125). Yes, a lot of the newer stuff lately does crap on the Wanted stuff now, but... *crosses fingers yet doesn't hold breath*

It's going to be time-gated in some manor though. That is just the direction their ship is headed due to this game being skeleton crew only to do enough just to keep billing flowing (the spice must flow), ambuscade rotation, LOL GMs (likely just cross-trained FF14 GMs though), reskinning old BCNMs to 119+, and tossing out a crappy mount/lockstyle weapon every month.

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
Although I'm curious about the battle entry system?

It'll probably be a band-aide on Sinister Reign entry system. I don't have my hopes up for Einherjar entrance times being reduced or allowing more people in at once, but that would be the ***because Einherjar is what is ***-blocking me on my Yagrush that I have to painstakingly grind away at because I can't just sit at the door and I get distracted.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but it's the most tantalizing thing I got out of that fluff piece of "we're happy you're happy, players, now let's go out there and have a great New Year".
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-12-31 12:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This has me wanting to make a list of which Wanted gear I am currently using, and which, if upgraded I might want to use again.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-31 12:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolly just gonna be Sailfi Belt +2/3, Lugra Earring/Cloak +2/3 etc. "All new battle content" = levelled up versions of the bosses that drops a rare item you need to reforge in a mindless grind.

I'm here for it. Only problem is, most of us tossed our unity stuff a long time ago so we'll need to get em all back (campaign coming up soon though). Unlikely they remove that unity tag, but if they boost the stats on stuff significantly, could be some interesting options (Kentarch Belt +3, Zwazo Earring +3 would be nice).
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2019-12-31 12:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Lilith wont be 20 minutes wait anymore
By cuddlyhamster 2019-12-31 12:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Chacharoon's Grab Bag - Got a single pluton, a pluton box, and a rift boulder coffer

Sussuroon's Grab Bag - 10 light spheres, 7 light spheres, 8 liquefaction spheres
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-31 12:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it's not usually any longer than 5 minutes anymore on Asura. Hasn't been 20 minutes for a long time, unless you're silly enough to try on Friday/Saturday nights.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-31 12:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

In the past they said "augmented" WANTED drops.
Now they're talking about "reforged".
Uhm...
I dunno, I would've gone with same NM version requiring higher amounts of the base mats.

That way they could've focused their low dev resources on actually giving some nice content for reforged Empy? Instead of useless higher level of those annoying NMs in old areas with old enmity rules?
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2019-12-31 13:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Maybe Lilith wont be 20 minutes wait anymore

Its been about ten minutes in prime time of the late.

Edit: English is hard.
By Tarage 2019-12-31 13:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

#AsuraProblems
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-31 14:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the UNM weapons in particular could be pretty damn nice with additional upgrades.

- Montante (the +1 is still good now)
- Ternion Dagger for a good offhand.
- Pukulatmuj for enhancing (give that thing enh. duration to pair with Ammurapi Shield!)
- Perun and Kustawi for ranged stat boosts
- Raicho/Tancho - niche, but could be nice NIN offhand tanking pieces
- I could see them making the Tumult Curator weapons (H2H and Staff) competitive with RMEA-level stuff (hell, H2H was already pretty close to something like a R0 Spharai)

Lot of other stuff was useful at one time, and could realistically become solid again: Demersal Degen, Tanmogayi, Jugo Kukri, Ababinili, Marin Staff, etc.

Beyond that, they COULD do stuff like slap a WSD+10% stat onto a piece of Tatenashi armor to make people perk up. There are a lot of accessories that are still good now and would only get better with a little boost. A lot they could do, so I'm OK with this! We'll see if it leads to disappointment - but TBH, they don't have that bad of a recent track record with making it worthwhile to get upgraded pieces of old gear (Ambuscade armor/weapons, AF/Relic reforges, etc.)

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Only problem is, most of us tossed our unity stuff a long time ago so we'll need to get em all back (campaign coming up soon though).

Speak for yourself, muleable R/E drops are my kind of catnip to load up my mule warehouses ;) Though, they really aren't hard to re-farm these days. And perhaps Unity dial will be worth doing if only to get upgrade items, which may have a legitimate market again assuming +1 Wanted gear is needed (or makes it easier/cheaper) to reforge them further. Guess I'll be doing the dial on mules.

Asura.Sechs said: »
they could've focused their low dev resources on actually giving some nice content for reforged Empy?

From the tone of previous comments, I think they're more building toward that as the major content leading into the 20th anniversary - so probably no earlier than late 2020 (or more likely, 2021). I'd be surprised if they don't already have some plan for the big event dealing with Empy reforge though, with that being more significant new/revamped content (I'd love Abyssea 2.0, but we'll see).

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-31 15:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine then, give me a REAL Limbus rework instead of the underwhelming additional zones they did. Or revisit SOA content with Delve REFORGED! Or hey, brand new content is cool too.

At any rate, I do expect something more significant for eventual Empy reforge. And I expect that's still probably over a year away.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 424 425 426