2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Escutcheons final stage
Escutcheons final stage
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 20 21
By Justuas 2018-05-29 18:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »
Everyone else I ask, ignores me, I'm assuming because they do NOT want people to know it's not nearly as expensive as one would like you to think.
Isn't it obvious. They're not answering because they botted the shield.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-29 18:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

300M
50,000 for catalyst in every 5 step, 17000/5 3400 chains

170m -just- in catalyst
Quote:
Note: By completing only level 6 synthchains, it will cost approximately 130,000,000 Gil in catalysts alone. This figure varies greatly based on breaks, high quality, and variety of synthchains you choose.

Now add the value of 17000 spheres @ 10k~100k

1 billion
And that's on the low/cheap end now that spheres are getting botted like crazy for profit.

No wonder your "people" can't move G's, they can't even count properly.
 Asura.Chanter
By Asura.Chanter 2018-05-29 18:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Slyshenx- I thought drakenv was an idiot ... keep putting your torque in every slot and peddling your hqs and keep the convo to the adults.
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2018-05-29 18:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chanter said: »
@ Slyshenx- ...keep putting your torque in every slot and peddling your hqs and keep the convo to the adults.

Why is it that every person that accuses me of cheating, turn out to be the actual cheaters themselves? Funny. :) Didn't realize I had so many fans, though. If you'd like to be adults, please take it to my PM's.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-29 18:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chanter said: »
@ Slyshenx- ...keep putting your torque in every slot and peddling your hqs and keep the convo to the adults.

Why is it that every person that accuses me of cheating, turn out to be the actual cheaters themselves? Funny. :) Didn't realize I had so many fans, though. If you'd like to be adults, please take it to my PM's.
Just ignore the crybabies too chicken to post or reply on their mains sly. Or they’re probably banned on here so they use a mule.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-05-30 01:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just my 2 cents. In my opinion, the greatest obstacle to making the shield is time.

• At any camp, you will able to farm 5 - 8 mobs every 5 mins for drops to make spheres. Even the Genkai 1 items only have a 40%+ drop rate with TH8+. This means you will be getting 3-5 mats per 5 mins.

• The desynthesis itself have a 50% success rate with Mogenhancement Desynthesis, so this means you will only get 2-3 spheres per 5 mins or 20-30 spheres per hr.

• At a 8:2:1 ratio, this means that you will only get 2-3 Tier 3 per hr and 4-6 Tier 2 and 20+ Tier 1 spheres.

• No matter how much gil you have, the amount of spheres that can be produced will be capped to this limit due to the limited number of camp sites.

To me, when I started on this journey to make the shield, it was just a personal goal to keep my interest in playing this game. Otherwise, I won't have chosen Alchemy.

Gil wise, I have never been rich in game, I started with less than 20M gils and resorted to selling T3 spheres to fund my activity. At times, I have repetitively sync T1 chains continuously just to keep going, earning 1000+ spirits after multiple nights of farming effort.

The most annoying part of the journey is when I encountered people endlessly camping a single location just because they have multiple mules.

I farmed my shield with a single char and never farmed a camp more than 2 days, simply because you need the spheres from multiple locations to make effective use of them.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-30 01:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to discourage you in any way, but to simplely make a few points.

1000 spirit, after "multiple" nights. means it's going to take you a hundred* "multiple nights". aka literally 3 years.

In that time, literally 3 years. You won't be making any gil.

In that time frame, you could've made and spent more than the shield is worth.

After those 3 years, it will take you another 3 years to break even with the actual cost of the shield.

Provided the game even still exists at that point. (and yes, at some point in that 6~ years, they will make shields easier)

(edit, 100,000 not 1,000,000 spirit~)
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-05-30 02:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
1000 spirit, after "multiple" nights. means it's going to take you a hundred* "multiple nights". aka literally 3 years.

It isn't 1000 spirits every time. To give an example, using the 8:2:1 ratio.
With 1 type of materials, you will end up with - 255 T1, 63 T2, 30 T3
With the 2nd material, you will have another - 255 T1, 63 T2, 30 T3
If you are lucky, both T3 will be the same type, so 60 T3.
This means that you can do

60 T3 chains - 1 + 5 + 15 + 15 = 36 spirits x 60= 2160 spirits
3 (63 - 60) T2 chains - 1 + 5 + 15 = 21 spirits x 3 = 63 spirits
192 (255 - 63) T1 chains - 1 + 5 = 6 spirits x 192 = 1152 spirits

In short, for every 1 T3 chain you are doing, you will need to work on 4-5 T1 chain.
If you don't want to waste the T2 of the 2nd material, you will need to farm the materials to setup the skillchain for the other T2 as well.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-05-30 08:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to discourage you in any way, but to simplely make a few points.

In that time frame, you could've made and spent more than the shield is worth.

After those 3 years, it will take you another 3 years to break even with the actual cost of the shield.

Provided the game even still exists at that point. (and yes, at some point in that 6~ years, they will make shields easier)

(edit, 100,000 not 1,000,000 spirit~)

If you farm regularly (aka every day) for at least 4-5 hours in palborough non stop, it takes around 2 months or so, maybe 3 (not years, can see the year thing if you thought 1million instead of 100k spirits) but in the end, you gain more than you lose, i farmed all the spheres and busted 150m in cata, took me 3 months and by that time i didnt multiboxed vagary, if i paid 1bill for spheres, from mid feb to right now i would have gained 3 times what i spent so its worth it only if you can endure the tedious farm or if you pay, endure the synthing lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-30 09:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It was for his situation, specifically. Judging by how long it took for 1000 spirit. "multiple days" "~6" for 1000/100,000 = years to finish.

Also, you have to take into account multiple things;

Gil not earned, because shield.
Gil wasted by not selling spheres/buying spheres
Selling "Abj item+1" isn't worth "10m" its worth 10m minus cost.

So you lose a billion making, you lose 10billion in wasted time, and you have to physically make back 11 billion + material cost to even start to break even.

the "cost" of something is more than just the actual gil you spend on it.

The "cost" of the shield is pennies. The "opportunity cost" of the shield is astronomical.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-30 10:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

using arakon's numbers

16672 spheres / 30 spheres/hr = 556 hours

at your '4-5 hours a night', that's over 3 months but not significantly so

unless you're multiboxing(in which case you can also shorten the time needed by doing multiple camps), you can't really expect to consistantly make more than 2m/hour outside of gain exp

that puts the opportunity cost at around 1.1bil, which is still significant but a whole order of magnitude lower than you're suggesting

i'm not saying it's worth it, especially if you're on asura, profit margins even with shield are pretty slim right now, you'd need to plan some pretty intense use of it to ever break even on time
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-30 10:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

also, we know the final shield will be used for the new dynamis weapons, which means it will derive additional value

i've been toying with the thought that SE will throw a curveball and make it a synergy type deal where the shield has to actually be present at the time the user acquires the weapon, making it an integral part of group advancement
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-30 10:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

triple post because i suck at organizing my thoughts, but people also spend hundreds of mils on trash RMEA like gandiva/gastraphetes/yoichi just to 'finish' a job.. if someone really enjoys crafting, the shield can be a goal in itself and the profit a side bonus
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-05-30 10:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Gastraphetes is not trash >.>
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-30 10:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
triple post because i suck at organizing my thoughts, but people also spend hundreds of mils on trash RMEA like gandiva/gastraphetes/yoichi just to 'finish' a job.. if someone really enjoys crafting, the shield can be a goal in itself and the profit a side bonus

There have to be people that do dumb ***, dumb ***is what makes economies work.

If "random idiot" stops working on "random lolglow" then no one sells PBRs anymore. No one keeps doing VW for plates. People stop earning extra hallmarks for HP bayld.

Everything eventually collapses.

"some people" (NEED) to be making the shields. Just make sure you know the actual cost of it. not the perceived cost.

...and the people with shields right now, the ones that botted the whole damn thing, will be the first ones banned in this upcoming tidal wave, so we need people to replace them.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-05-30 10:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

...and the people with shields right now, the ones that botted the whole damn thing, will be the first ones banned in this upcoming tidal wave, so we need people to replace them.
Don't count se to do ***. Ask bro over there
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-05-30 11:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

There have to be people that do dumb ***, dumb ***is what makes economies work.

If "random idiot" stops working on "random lolglow" then no one sells PBRs anymore. No one keeps doing VW for plates. People stop earning extra hallmarks for HP bayld.

Everything eventually collapses.

"some people" (NEED) to be making the shields. Just make sure you know the actual cost of it. not the perceived cost.

I dont expect SE to ban people for botting shields (or anything that isnt really obvious), i reported the same trio when i was farming mine like 30+ times and they still playing (and reports are from jan).

And i can see the point comeatmebro said about synergy and the shields being present and will add that maybe after you get the base weapon made, maybe you can augment the weapon with synergy using divergence mats (of course needing a shield present), making those weapons really good.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-06-01 08:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a favorite chain utilizing fusion spheres?

Thank you in advance!!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-06-03 12:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone use fusion spheres?

induration > reverberation > fusion all i found so far.
 Odin.Cdgreg
user: cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2018-06-10 09:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Anyone use fusion spheres?

induration > reverberation > fusion all i found so far.

This is what I have in my spreadsheet. On a similar note, has anyone found a decent location for dark cards? Everything I find is also intermingled with light, and I really only need dark cards.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-06-15 09:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem I have found is umbrils are not fun. Also, their camp is shared by Dullahan. I have found it to be the most annoying card type to farm.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2018-07-21 12:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I just spent about an hour and a half trying to run through the various maps in Aydeewa Subterrane to find a decent set of Diremites for Colorful Hairs. I ended up giving up after dropping off a ledge somewhere and having a very long run to get to any possible diremites. ffxidb seems to show Map 3 with a ton of blue dots, but i didn't really see nearly that many on map 3. Any recommendations on camps for colorful hair?

or dark cards for that matter that don't also agro a ton of Dulluhans...I'm great on transfixion spheres, but cockblocked like all hell on compression.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-21 12:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, for one, db is terrible. Don't "rely" on any of it's info more than "this mob (can) drop this and where it (might) spawn".

All those blue dots, are recorded kills, not spawns. So it looks like 100,000 when its really just 5.

That particular one (not surprisingly, they all are) is just completely wrong. Those blue dots aren't even "on" the map lol. This happens with layered areas (sometimes). That's why its garbage.

Quote:
There are two level ranges for this mob. The Aydeewa Diremites that spawn with the Defoliators on map 2 are level 70-72. The ones that spawn in the rooms near the BLU quest platform on map 1 are level 72-74. The largest group of Aydeewa Diremites is 6 in the I/J-9 area of map #1
By Staleyx 2018-07-21 14:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Try umbrils in gate zones.
 Odin.Cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2018-07-21 19:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, for one, db is terrible. Don't "rely" on any of it's info more than "this mob (can) drop this and where it (might) spawn".

All those blue dots, are recorded kills, not spawns. So it looks like 100,000 when its really just 5.

That particular one (not surprisingly, they all are) is just completely wrong. Those blue dots aren't even "on" the map lol. This happens with layered areas (sometimes). That's why its garbage.

Quote:
There are two level ranges for this mob. The Aydeewa Diremites that spawn with the Defoliators on map 2 are level 70-72. The ones that spawn in the rooms near the BLU quest platform on map 1 are level 72-74. The largest group of Aydeewa Diremites is 6 in the I/J-9 area of map #1

Thanks, I went and checked this out. It appears there are no longer any Diremites near the blu platform on map 1, but there are still the 6 at I/J-9. And, as expected....16 min repops on those 6 mobs.
By HonkHonk 2018-07-30 03:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a good chain for reverb, distortion, and ending in darkness? Im terrible at this skillchain chart, but I can farm the hell out of these spheres pretty easily.
By Staleyx 2018-07-30 04:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That camp comes with thunder eles also ^^
By HonkHonk 2018-07-30 05:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Any ideas on what the best chain is to utilize them?
By Pankas 2018-08-01 03:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

HonkHonk said: »
Staleyx said: »
Any ideas on what the best chain is to utilize them?

induration > reverb > distortion > gravitation > darkness
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-09-09 16:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit of necro but anyone remembers the update where SE boosted the drop rate of some desynth items? i forgot which ones, maybe lucky egg? if anyone happen to know which items or the thread to check it out, plz post it here, thx!
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 20 21