Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-28 17:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I don't have much hope for any adjustment in difficulty. Their style has always been to wait to adjust difficulty until it's been far too long. That said, the change to HQ rate bonus gear is a huge adjustment. So I guess be thankful for that?
Yeah basically wait till someone has finished or is close to finished lol.

Problem with the HQ rate bonus is half the awesomeness of it is locked up in this shield :(.

For most of the SU3 synths it would probably better to not use the enchantment (although I haven't done the math completely.) So you're looking at +5% vs +7%. Even with just 5%, tier 0 essentially becomes T1 (although I have not seen concrete testing on this for T0 synths.)
By clearlyamule 2017-09-28 19:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have much hope for any adjustment in difficulty. Their style has always been to wait to adjust difficulty until it's been far too long. That said, the change to HQ rate bonus gear is a huge adjustment. So I guess be thankful for that?

Problem with the HQ rate bonus is half the awesomeness of it is locked up in this shield :(.

For most of the SU3 synths it would probably better to not use the enchantment (although I haven't done the math completely.) So you're looking at +5% vs +7%. Even with just 5%, tier 0 essentially becomes T1 (although I have not seen concrete testing on this for T0 synths.)
Well whether it's worth doing is another question... which will probably depend on what we can do with breaks. And well how the market will adjust to HQs actually being reasonable to make. And of course other crafts could matter. I mean imagine how this will revolutionize the food industry!

And yeah yeah I'm working on it geez!
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-28 20:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know all of the sources/potency of different sources of reducing item loss on failure?
By clearlyamule 2017-09-29 00:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sources yes (well probably I'm of the mind mega moglification probably does too since if it was just skill logically it would just be mega moghancement) and even a cap from the update. Amounts... well on the foods and equipment it shown but furniture is anyones guess.
By waffle 2017-09-29 12:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth remembering that they added the "aurum tome" kis for the final shield, even though they didn't add any new recipes that require them atm. So the final shields will eventually offer more to those who completed them than just the stats, as they will have exclusive synths. I suppose it's a question of how good they end up being though.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-09-29 15:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What are your suggested zones to farm the items for spirits???
 Asura.Queenforever
Server: Asura
By Asura.Queenforever 2017-09-30 03:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just use list on bigi wiki page for phase 4

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escutcheons

and click on item it will tell you where drops if not use ffxidb and type in item you want farm to turn into sphere

http://ffxidb.com/
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-10-02 18:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This explosion thing happens even when I'm constantly making sure that the Stability gauge is near-full, only missing a few pixels at most. Does anyone happen to know if something other than the Stability affects it? Maybe it's just bad luck, but losing 100~ spirits per explosion is problematic.
By Mafai 2017-10-02 22:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know how much spirit that bar is at? I am about 10k in and i dont think my progress is noticeable.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-10-02 22:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You should have a few pixels if you're at 10,000. Mine's probably like 22,000'ish right now.
By Mafai 2017-10-02 22:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to post a screenshot in a couple minutes when I finish this round with how much I am at and you can tell me if you think something is up.

Do you exit after each synth? Or can you keep going until you're done that batch?
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-10-02 22:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't exit after each attempt. I exit when I run out of spheres, crystals, or catalysts.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-02 23:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah to circle back to this nope you aint gunna have T1 rates with T0 synths
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-10-03 00:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah to circle back to this nope you aint gunna have T1 rates with T0 synths

Not that I'm completely discounting that you're right (it passes my eyeball test of my results that you are), but... evidence?
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-03 01:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There was testing on BG that indicated that you don't actually get +1% to HQ rate on T0 per +1 to HQ rate in equipment. T1 does get a huge bonus though, close to 1%, nearly doubling the HQ rate there even without the shield.
 Fenrir.Celdwn
user: celdwn
By Fenrir.Celdwn 2017-10-03 02:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

here are a couple of easier farming spots that I have found, but if I show up, you need to take a break lol.

The south east corner of Pashow, where the entrance to Beadaux is, circle the triangle and kill the quads, they drop all four fetishes for a variety of sphere's, all lightning desynths. You can collect three or four and desynth them during respawn time, downtime is minimal.

Yea all spheres are desynths, please make walahra burners, tsahyan masks, and thuribles if you can, they are 'moglification desynth' w/ highest effect.

Another place for high yield is Upper Delkfutt's for Delkfutt's keys. Take a friend the keys drop six at a time and stay in lot pool, crafter can lot while friend passes one at a time. Long respawn timer is used by the synth time, downtime is small.

you are welcome.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Viking
user: Gaugen
By Ragnarok.Viking 2017-10-03 05:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Trying to get an LS member who's on that stage to make materials into an LS event.
Everyone else farms fetich to keep treasure pool full with him as quartermaster. he just spam crafts.
Then he gets to spend all his free time doing craft chains in port jeuno all day.

He was not keen on the idea.

Sorry i took the suggestion as a joke...
Even when i see that it wasnt i wouldnt suggest to annoy ls-members to spend months farming for 1 shield. Cant see the loyalty to 1 person being that strong. And i would struggle asking ppl after very short time.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-03 07:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Viking said: »
Chimerawizard said: »
Trying to get an LS member who's on that stage to make materials into an LS event.
Everyone else farms fetich to keep treasure pool full with him as quartermaster. he just spam crafts.
Then he gets to spend all his free time doing craft chains in port jeuno all day.

He was not keen on the idea.

Sorry i took the suggestion as a joke...
Even when i see that it wasnt i wouldnt suggest to annoy ls-members to spend months farming for 1 shield. Cant see the loyalty to 1 person being that strong. And i would struggle asking ppl after very short time.
not to mention its hard for 1 crafter to keep up with 2 people farming at most camps if the crafter is going 100% of the time, now if you had 5-6 crafters and 10+ farmers, you could really rip this out, but from a perspective of making gil, The light spheres are selling for 1.2m per so if your LS is trying to farm gil for a split or something. I feel like this is feasible
By Mafai 2017-10-11 21:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be interested in seeing some of the chains people are doing, I am pretty bad at figuring out what should work. below are what im doing, depending on what i have. I have tons of lower tier leftovers from farming, what are others doing with those?

detonation > scission > liq > impact > frag > light

detonation > compression > distortion > darkness

induration > reverb > fusion > light

induration > reverb > distortion > gravitation > darkness
[+]
 Cerberus.Zbramyr
Server: Cerberus
user: zbramyr
By Cerberus.Zbramyr 2017-10-11 23:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing the first two chains as you and what I have left over i do:
gravitation > distortion > darkness
fusion > frag > light
[+]
By Mafai 2017-10-12 08:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

anything for leftover t1s?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-12 08:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/images/c/c1/Aden%27s_Renkei_Chart.jpg

use the chart, if it's identical to normal skillchains you should be able to rotate t1s forever or until SC length cap

scission > reverb > impaction > liquefaction > scission (can start anywhere and continue as long as you want)

induration > compression > transfixion > reverberation > induration should be the same

that covers everything except detonation, which can only be followed with scission.. so you can use:
compression > detonation
scission > detonation
impaction > detonation

but you have to be able to follow up with scission, or your sc ends at that point.. so either start your scs at a point where you can end with detonation or get enough scission spheres to do detonation > scission > detonation > scission > etc..
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-12 12:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/images/c/c1/Aden%27s_Renkei_Chart.jpg

use the chart, if it's identical to normal skillchains you should be able to rotate t1s forever or until SC length cap

scission > reverb > impaction > liquefaction > scission (can start anywhere and continue as long as you want)

induration > compression > transfixion > reverberation > induration should be the same

that covers everything except detonation, which can only be followed with scission.. so you can use:
compression > detonation
scission > detonation
impaction > detonation

but you have to be able to follow up with scission, or your sc ends at that point.. so either start your scs at a point where you can end with detonation or get enough scission spheres to do detonation > scission > detonation > scission > etc..

Cant do infinite craftchain like skillchains, once you repeat an element it ends there, 5-step or 6-step is the longest you can achieve, can either end with double light or dark.

Also a question for the people on this stage:

- Where do you farm transfixion spheres? i tried the 4 spots marked @ bg-wiki and they are horrible with drop rate and timers, its worse than farming compression ones off diremites D: Any suggestions?? or any transfixion drop that isnt pointed in the wiki?? thx!!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-12 12:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
once you repeat an element it ends there

If the repeating is what limits it, you should be able to get a lot higher than 6. Is 6 a hard cap?

transfixion > reverberation > induration > impaction > liquefaction > scission > detonation > compression(makes gravitation) > fragmentation > distortion > gravitation(makes darkness) > darkness

that would be 12 synths without repeating an orb or skillchain besides the double at the end
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-12 13:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no i dont think there's a cap but farming transfixion or compression spheres can be a pain (transfixion ones specially), that's why i've been stiking to 4 T1 > T2 > T3 x2 for double light or dark, the long skillchain you said should be possible with all the materials available yea.

Also im not sure if the step detonation > compression (for grav) would make the chain stop @ distortion > grav (leading to dark), probably not since the first T2 is a mix of 2 T1s but i cant tell since i didnt try yet, will be farming compressions tonight and see what happens.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-12 13:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

if using a grav sphere after making a gravitation w/ a compression sphere blocks it, you can also try:

transfixion > reverberation > induration > impaction > liquefaction > scission > detonation > compression(makes gravitation) > fragmentation > fusion(makes light) > light

which would be 11 steps
[+]
By Smokenttp 2017-10-13 12:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

from what it seens to me it does suffer from the reduced timing for next "ws" issue the same way as skill chains normaly works, meaning each chain takes off one second from your next sc window untill it becomes virtually impossible to continue i personaly tried to go for an 15 step one passing trough all level 1 2 and finishing on a level 3 chain without sucess due to timing constraints (initially i tought that an long chain like that could provide an spirit bonus or something but it didnt seen to be the case/ i failed to produce a chain as long as i wanted to check this on) but if anyone want to try out of sheer curiosity i tried to went for: transfixion > Compression> transfixion >reverberation > induration > impactation > detonation > scission >liquetication > impactation (makes fusion)> gravitation > fragmentation > distortion > gravitation (makes darkness) > darkness.

as i tried this route only once and i am not sure if any synth broke but i dont think that was the case tbh, to me looked like that once it got around 6-7 step it pretty much became impossible to navigate trough the menus in time to continue.(also if you change the chain a bit you can finish the chain in double light by going liquefication>scission>detonation>compression(gravitation) instead of detonation>scission>liquefication>impactation (fusion) after impactation, as this will make the level 2 chains finish in fusion instead of distortion)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-13 12:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phuoc said you can't use the same element twice, so that would've ended at transfixion>compression>transfixion, no? Lot of vague information in here.
By Smokenttp 2017-10-13 12:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i admit i did only a single sample and it was a while ago, but even assuming the non repeat thing it would only make you waste the initial 3 steps and still go from reverberation onwards unafected.i dont remember if it did fail at the begining but can easily recheck that if you give me a couple minutes to clarify if you cant use the element 2 times or do the skill chain 2 times (as that seens to be the source of confusion).
By Smokenttp 2017-10-13 12:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ok tested it managed to do scission > detonation (1st chain)> scission (2 chain) > detonation (3rd chain) without beign interrupted scuessfully grabing 2 spirits when the chains where being closed meaning it shouldnt interrupt your chain unless the recipe breaks (wich can happen)or you time out
First Page 2 3 4 ... 19 20 21