New Ideas For FFxi (be A Positive Open Mind)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New ideas for FFxi (be a positive open mind)
New ideas for FFxi (be a positive open mind)
First Page 2 3 4 5
By fonewear 2017-12-15 07:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Revamping old dyna ain't exactly the same amount of work as doing revamped aby ya know

Feels like it would be exactly the same on a basic level.

Use the template

Make mobs stronger

Facemashkbfornewnames

Change seals cards coins jewels to goblinpenises.name +1

#done

The hard part is coming up with outrageous names !
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-15 07:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The grind would be fine if the equipment was good. I'm disappointed that they wasted Relic +2 and +3 with these horrible stats. It just means we will never have upgraded Relic worth using.

Also of importance, but in a different way, after this game is long gone and all but forgotten, no one will remember anything from this event because it has no story. For those that are interested in how things tie together so they can have some emotional investment in progress, Ambuscade, Omen and Dynamis Divergance are huge voids.

I am very disappointed in this empty content:
No story.
Useless rewards.
Time Extensions/Loot Pools/Content that doesn't even work (They fixed Sandy and introduced Bastok broken in the same update, wtf?)

That said, this isn't a complaint thread. This is a new ideas/be positive thread. Have to take what is there, dream a little and share.
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
The grind would be fine if the equipment was good. I'm disappointed that they wasted Relic +2 and +3 with these horrible stats. It just means we will never have upgraded Relic worth using.

Also of importance, but in a different way, after this game is long gone and all but forgotten, no one will remember anything from this event because it has no story. For those that are interested in how things tie together so they can have some emotional investment in progress, Ambuscade, Omen and Dynamis Divergance are huge voids.

No story.
Useless rewards.
Time Extensions/Loot Pools/Content that doesn't even work (They fixed Sandy and introduced Bastok broken in the same update, wtf?)

That said, this isn't a complaint thread. This is a new ideas/be positive thread. Have to take what is there, dream a little and share.

This sounds like a complaint to me...I'm not sure you understand what the word means.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-15 09:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
This sounds like a complaint to me...I'm not sure you understand what the word means.

Basically, I get where you all are coming from, but take complaints elsewhere.
This thread is titled: New ideas for FFxi (be a positive open mind)
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2017-12-15 10:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it xbox1 compatible!! Wait I am in love with ESO... But I would come back.
 Phoenix.Sniperwolf
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sniperwolf 2017-12-15 10:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Some interesting ideas in here to be sure, and looking back at some of the earliest posts and seeing that similar things have now been implemented in the game makes me hopeful to see some of these ideas brought to life!

A couple things that I've wanted to see added:

- Ability to learn Relic weaponskill for use with any weapon (similar to unlocking mythic/empy weaponskill via trials).

- A Sinister Reign campaign (or general buff) to get max augments more readily. Either let us choose who we fight or make the max augments more common.

- This one's been said by others, but ilvl Promyvions, Limbus, Abyssea.

- New vendors that deal in trading all sorts of materials, old equipment, furnishings (basically any item in the game) into some kind of points/currency to purchase RMEA materials such as Alexandrite, High-Purity Bayld, etc. This would basically be an expanded AMAN copper voucher NPC, but give us a way to convert all the junk items into something useful. I'd love an alternative means to completing RMEA weapons without the countless hours of solo Salvage/Dynamis farming, Spambuscade, or scheduling my play around Gain-EXP.
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2017-12-15 10:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ability to convert 100 alex into a larger stone like you can with dynamis currency.
[+]
By Boshi 2017-12-15 11:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No story.

agreed Dynamis always had kind of a solid story integral to the main plot of the game. A simple CS would have done some justice for each zone.

Are they gonna introduce DL3 with no explanation?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-15 12:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The grind would be fine if the equipment was good.
I can't justify 100+ mils for any non RME equipment in game, but that's just me, to each his own I guess!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-12-15 12:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
No story.

agreed Dynamis always had kind of a solid story integral to the main plot of the game. A simple CS would have done some justice for each zone.

Are they gonna introduce DL3 with no explanation?

Agreed. Maybe a Cutscenes with Diabolos, where he explains that the void that we defeated in Rhapsodies was Still spreading through Dynamis, even corrupting the mighty Dynamis Lord himself.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-12-15 13:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Allow daily server transfers

Revamp unity reward system

Mentor program over haul
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-15 13:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So many great ideas! I’m glad everyone is taking part in this discussion. :)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 14:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The grind would be fine if the equipment was good.
I can't justify 100+ mils for any non RME equipment in game, but that's just me, to each his own I guess!

Didn't you pay multiple hundred millions for Moonbow Bard Neck+1 ...?

/offtopic

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Allow daily server transfers

Revamp unity reward system

Mentor program over haul

Open world would be the biggest/best damn thing to ever happen. *** the "economy"

Unity needs to be -completely- scrapped and rebuilt form the ground up, that would be a massive improvement. The chat system is ***, the leaders are ***, the only good whms are locked behind it. That all needs to be changed.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-12-15 14:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK what else could be done to help fix the LS system but at the very least... the Ability to transfer leadership to another player if and when a Shellholder quits. having to transfer a larger LS is chaotic at best.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-12-15 14:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If they allowed open world transfers...

Make open world linkshells

*Mic drop*

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-12-15 14:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Let us buy tribulens/rad at the pop spot!
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-12-15 15:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

yea that's why they have +2.

edit: the upgrade system may be bad but dedicating additional time and resources to some half-assed midstep of mostly useless items is definitely worse
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-12-15 16:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Didn't you pay multiple hundred millions for Moonbow Bard Neck+1 ...?

/offtopic

he was a younger bard, maded a younger mistake, he is a good guy, everyone love him @ asura.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-12-15 16:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenomorph said: »
Let us buy tribulens/rad at the pop spot!

Or better yet, just a way for the party leader to check if everyone has a rad/tribs before popping.
[+]
By axetofall 2017-12-15 17:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
They should remove the level cap quests so you can just burn 1 to 99 on a new account with PL

I'm not against the Limit Break quests but I just did LB3/Magicite last night on a new character and it was the most tedious *** ever. Major buzzkill. I'd honestly rather fight Maat every five levels. All the QoL updates to that game, but that they leave in. Stuff like that can use an update.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-12-15 17:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The point of this thread is to think about new ideas for the game, unless I missed some drastic turn of events. Stating that +2 armor isn't good enough and that you aren't capable of obtaining +3 armor, so better armor should be more accessible, isn't some groundbreaking concept. They have other content for this, and you can still work on +3 slowly in the mean time. Scaling down group-oriented content (which is honestly kinda garbage) with some weird reward step is not a solution.

But go on, continue bolding every other line and shouting that I'm autistic as an insult. I'm sure you're going places, pal.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-15 18:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The devs don't read any of these threads, this is more or less a pipe dream thread. For someone who reports posts for excessive hostility, you resort to calling people douches and autistic fairly easily.

Poof, be gone.
[+]
 Asura.Yourfinished
user: Venomfury
By Asura.Yourfinished 2017-12-15 18:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm... your finished bud

don't delete this goddamn post for once pls .
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]