New Ideas For FFxi (be A Positive Open Mind)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New ideas for FFxi (be a positive open mind)
New ideas for FFxi (be a positive open mind)
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Notacka 2017-08-18 22:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly it would be nice to see an expansion of Provenance. After you finish RoV and all other missions and beat Provenance Watcher you would get a new area of Provenance that would have a lot of floating islands and new crystal monsters or other crazy monsters that you could kill that are roughly the strength of Reisenjima monsters to Apex monsters. There you can fight NMs that would get you items to +1 your pulse gear. Maybe +2 your salvage gear and then add some Battlefield that would give you items that would give you the abilty to +2 and +3 your relic and empy gear. Plus new gear and what not and what have you.

From there they could do some reorganizing of monsters and revamp things like chocobo racing, moblin maze, pankration and add actually 1v1 and party vs party pvp into the colosseum. I don't think we'll get another expansion but one new endgame zone would be nice and just real organization so new players could have a bunch of fun with the game.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-08-18 22:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
I like Siviards idea however I would rather the "master" jobs have access to ALL the equipment the "novice" class could use AS WELL AS some new equipment and 1 new RMEA level wep that is master job specific, and let this additional gear and maybe a change to some JAs like possibly slightly more potent JAs or slightly lower JA delays is what makes it stronger and not Overwhelmingly stronger than its novice so you can still play that job till you finish the Master equivalents to 99.

I know you and I are old homies but.......what?
By Notacka 2017-08-18 23:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also you could add new items that drop from NMs and monsters from there to make su4 gear (unlocked at 1200 jp or 1500 jp) and master gear(unlocked at 2100 jp). Also would like to see ws merits raised to 25 and job categories raised to 20. I think a lot of this is a pretty easy add, don't need an expansion and won't muck up the job balance. Also would like to see a vol 3 and 4 ambuscade that would be set up in selbina or something similar.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-08-18 23:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Notacka said: »
Also you could add new items that drop from NMs and monsters from there to make su4 gear (unlocked at 1200 jp or 1500 jp) and master gear(unlocked at 2100 jp). Also would like to see ws merits raised to 25 and job categories raised to 20. I think a lot of this is a pretty easy add, don't need an expansion and won't muck up the job balance. Also would like to see a vol 3 and 4 ambuscade that would be set up in selbina or something similar.

Selbina, or the starter cities. Chapter 4 could be something easily soloable for casual players, and Chapter 3 could be something a little more difficult, but soloable for someone who is a little more hardcore.
By Sephoroth 2017-08-18 23:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If only we could have exp/cp campaign fulltime... and also no adds on dragons or flying fulltime... and dm augs @ oseem 6 a day fulltime... and stupid ***like woc using benediction more than once abolished... Oh oh and just maybe! An Ilvl kraken club!!! Can even be like 1dmg 188 skill. I don't even see why we can't have Ilvl ridill with 2x Ilvl joyeuse... or how about a kupo shield like neck, from all the torques being synergized. That'd be sweet.
By Notacka 2017-08-18 23:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ridill upgrade and octave club upgrade would be great idea for a Provenance drop or su4 upgrade. Also kraken club could be used to have a 119 su4 weapon. I would also like to see Hard mode fights of the add on scenarios final fights and WotG fights. A cool master trial would be lilith ascended with all of the purple mage formors that follow her.
By sudsi 2017-08-19 00:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic +2/3 at some point in the next 2 months; Empy +2/3 in the next 6 months.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-19 08:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what SE is like, they won't do anything too drastic at this point. But what I see are mass areas and old content going untouched, and they could easily be spruced up with some polish, adjustments to make them more accessible, and give rewards worthy of doing them. Also, some incentive to do content which never gave rewards before, would be exciting.

- Lottery Field NMs: Back in the day I LOVED going around these NM so much I made a THF solo list (anyone remember it?) for those who wanted to try their luck. Wouldn't it be cool if you could say .. for example, spawn and kill Megalobugard, then have a chance of spawning Super Megalobugard who is scaled to ilvl and drops new synth items and equipment? I don't think you should have to do this for a Super Jormungand though .. as no one's camping that thing unless the super version happens to drop one of the best things in the game.

We don't want claiming wars again .. so for things like that I'd suggest dropping pop items from other, quicker spawning NMs so at least they get killed for something other than items/gear.

- Conflict: PVP Balista back in the day was one of the most popular events I never got around to doing as it died out before I could gear up and join one. I would love to see this come back in some fashion .. but it needs a LOT of incentive. Quality of life stuff? Costumes? Mounts? New Trusts? Anything to get people to try this, and it would be fun to have a team game at ilvl.

- Garrison: An event which seemed good in principle, but hardly anyone did it as the rewards weren't good enough. Give decent rewards for doing a harder, up-to-date version of Garrison and people will do it. I do admit the content needs revising to be more exciting and possibly less confusing.

I have more, but I'll post them laters so I don't write an essay. So many things we can update .. so many possibilities.
 Asura.Gwindor
Server: Asura
user: finarfin
By Asura.Gwindor 2017-08-19 09:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

new ideas:

MOG WARDROBE 5
MOG WARDROBE 6
MOG WARDROBE 7
MOG WARDROBE 8

think about it, 4$ US MORE per accounts ??? U guys keep adding NEW ITEMS without adding new wardrobes. Aren't we all 80/80 everywhere ???

KRAKEN CLUB = Upg it to Ilvl 119 ??? why is it so rare then if it's now worthless ?

Have an NPC sell EVERY ITEM in the game for $$$ ( ever thought about beating RMT'S ??????) RMT yourself instead of seeing farmers lol...

RELIC +3 ?
EMPY +3 ?
AMBU 2 +2 ?

AEGIS-OCHAIN-DAURDAUBLE-GHORN ILvl 119 ????? CAN WE HAVE IT ????
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-19 09:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gwindor said: »
new ideas:

MOG WARDROBE 5
MOG WARDROBE 6
MOG WARDROBE 7
MOG WARDROBE 8

think about it, 4$ US MORE per accounts ??? U guys keep adding NEW ITEMS without adding new wardrobes. Aren't we all 80/80 everywhere ???

KRAKEN CLUB = Upg it to Ilvl 119 ??? why is it so rare then if it's now worthless ?

Have an NPC sell EVERY ITEM in the game for $$$ ( ever thought about beating RMT'S ??????) RMT yourself instead of seeing farmers lol...

RELIC +3 ?
EMPY +3 ?
AMBU 2 +2 ?

Wardrobe 3&4 should be free .. whereas 5&6 can go to those who paid for 3&4 .. even though we should be getting them all for free anyways.
 Sylph.Mozhat
Server: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2017-08-19 09:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Pretty sure they still update the game through a PS2 dev kit. What I mean by that is, I want them to remove the limitations. On PC there should not be limitations. Aka fully code it for PC.

Unless I am derping that's the reason they are "full" with spells, not able to make new animations etc

This game is based off the PS2 mips64r5900 language.
Still hasn't been reformated.

Have you ever notice if you use a trizek rink in a apex party, 1 charge will only go up to 65,535. = FFFF in hex = 16bit.

They need to do a house cleaning of wpns, gear, acc, foods, that will never be used. The start of this game, you would grin for days to level up, needing items to beable to preform. Now they're no need of millions of items/addresses being wasted. No need to update one level to the next, like the old days. LONG TIME AGO.

Condition items should have quest/mini mission to unlock those conditions.
Example: Republic Gold Medal, In areas outside own nation's control: MP+50. Do a quest in Sandy, Windy, Whitegate, Adoulin ares, to be able to use anywhere. Doing these kinds of quests, missions, would make this game alot more fun.

RPGs are storyline, quests, missions, based. Few to be found.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-08-19 10:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

I know you and I are old homies but.......what?
not sure about what you don't understand?

it sounded like you wanted the "master" job class to have all new gears but that's just way too much crap for EVERY job lol, instead the upgraded job class is unlocked after say you reach master black Mage and do a quest and have to re lvl from lvl 1 with double the exp as you said BUT you keep your 99 blm all the same AND any JSE equipment of the "novice" job class will work on the "master" job class and maybe one additional JSE set you get at lvl50s like AF and can upgrade say via limbus to 75 then 99 via the seals and whatnot. Then possibly one RMEA lvl wep that is only usable by that "master" job class at at maybe 75 then you have to upgrade to 99 somehow.

very much like what siviard said but just less gear and the end result is more like a 5-10% more effective job than its respective "novice" class instead of the 30-40% as before.

edit: just had a thought about gear upgrade in limbus, make limbus the same lvl 75 content but the "master" job class drops only drop in battlefields designated "master" only and cannot go in with any "novice" class, making you work for that gear at that lvl if you want to use at that lvl.
By nomarzenun 2017-08-19 10:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Implementation of Mimic job for those with all jobs at level 99:

Uses MP and Mimic points to copy other party members actions.

Able to switch to any job anywhere with the same rules as FFXIV.

Able to copy enhancements that party members already have on.

Mimic enemies TP moves.

1 hour ability copy all pt member buff and debuff transfers debuff to enemies.

1 hour copy enemies buff.
[+]
By Misono 2017-08-19 10:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Reisenjima was a nice sample of the future of vanadiel .... but maybe more content that relates to the future. Future sandy, windy, and Lastok, future GM jails etc . Yes !
By volkom 2017-08-19 12:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i119+ versions of assaults/nyzul isle/salvage with the gear from the older versions being an actual upgrade path to something good for the respective jobs.

and maybe throw in a super besieged event like every 72hrs where loot based on the beastmen armies/crafting mats can be obtained as a personal drop
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-08-19 12:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gwindor said: »
new ideas:

MOG WARDROBE 5
MOG WARDROBE 6
MOG WARDROBE 7
MOG WARDROBE 8

RELIC +3 ?
EMPY +3 ?
AMBU 2 +2 ?

Wardrobes, Yes !!!!!!!
[+]
By Notacka 2017-08-19 12:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea of some of these stuff but really a lot of this stuff in unrealistic. We should try to brainstorm on some more realistic stuff. We really don't need more jobs. There is 22 jobs.

I like the idea for Garrison being up dated along with conflict. With Garrison it could be different level caps and could unlock a KI that'll give you a small buff like rhapsodies do. Also they could add an option to play certain story missions with said level cap to also gain a buff KI. I see a lot of people that want to do the mission like they were back in the day. With the ability to place a level cap (like how they do it in assault) you could enjoy it like that or just do it uncapped and faceroll it to get past it. If you do do it capped you'll receive a KI. I was thinking it could be sorta like atma but no where as strong. Like 1~3% hp boost, def boost, or attack boost and you can only have 3 on at a time. If you just faceroll it you can go to a npc and he'll give you the ability to redo the mission if you like.

If they clean house on items it's going to ruin crafting in general. They could change the level on some stuff and make it be used in crafting like they did with the Enhancing Sword.

More Mog Wardrobes would be nice but people would just fill those up and ask for more. I'd think a 5th one couldn't hurt though.

They said the story was pretty much over. I went with Provenance expansion because I thought it would be a cool place to have a cool battleground area that's set up sorta like Ra'Kaznar Inner Court and they could play it as an epilogue to RoV. Plus the zone is already there and there is already floating islands that some of the battlefields are on.
[+]
By Notacka 2017-08-19 12:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
i119+ versions of assaults/nyzul isle/salvage with the gear from the older versions being an actual upgrade path to something good for the respective jobs.

and maybe throw in a super besieged event like every 72hrs where loot based on the beastmen armies/crafting mats can be obtained as a personal drop
I like these ideas as well.
 Phoenix.Tiburon
Server: Phoenix
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2017-08-19 12:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see Dynamis restored to its original glory, and scaled to ilvl 125-135 for relic gear upgrades.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-19 13:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea of some of these stuff but really a lot of this stuff in unrealistic. We should try to brainstorm on some more realistic stuff... They said the story was pretty much over.

Dream big. If we're restricted to just realistic things given what SE is actually going to do we'd have to propose things like Boost.

Also, keep in mind the OP asked for ideas for expansions.

An expansion is not an ilvl Kraken club. An expansion is where you find that ilvl Kraken club.

Dream bigger. I want to come back to this forum and find interesting reads that are entertaining!
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-19 13:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking around some other online RPG type games that are free to play, Certain ones have Set bonus which is additive in the notion of 2 items you get HP+, 3 Items you add Att, 4 items you add Regen, all 5+ would give you a Special group item bonus for Completing the set

An example of this is from a PS3 game Kingdoms of Amalur(sp)

With SE, I would like to see add more Wardrobes as said prior but with In game perks when you purchase them, either an Item or special effect while wardobe 5~8etc is active. enough with the CP/EXP stuff

Spend Jp like Merits once master giving access to new battles armor and upgrades or ability to spend JP as currency like gil/sparks/cruor
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-08-19 15:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought a reverse Beseiged to attack the main boss areas would have been fun. Take Medusa, Gufurlur, Gulool, Cerby, Hydra, and Khimaira, then crank their levels up and add an entry key item for the fight. Kinda like a mix of wildkeepers and assaults that the entire server could do together.

I'd also like to see an updated campaign system. I loved doing campaign battles back in the day, but the areas are completely empty now which is unfortunate. They could add ilvl campaign gear and increase the enemy levels. Maybe even make the campaign ws unlockable and change the spoils so that everyone has their own rewards instead of a shared chest.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2017-08-19 17:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see my item load screen only display once per login, not zone.
Is it that hard to code end user to retain item data from previous zone and server side to get item data from previous server side zone data?
If the player tries to equip something that server does not recognize them owning to just ignore that equip change/item move.

I want to see them redo whatever codes run the AH, inventories, damage cap, haste limitations, etc.
Let me put more than 7 things on AH, more than just 80 slots per bag, do more than 99,999 dmg; more than 25% gear haste, more than 43.75% magic haste, maybe even more than 80% total haste. There are so many things that were limited because of cross-platform supposedly. Let's see those things fixed.

Their supposed reason for not doing those kinds of things before was all about PS2 limitations blah blah blah.
Now the excuse is what?
By Notacka 2017-08-20 02:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
I like the idea of some of these stuff but really a lot of this stuff in unrealistic. We should try to brainstorm on some more realistic stuff... They said the story was pretty much over.

Dream big. If we're restricted to just realistic things given what SE is actually going to do we'd have to propose things like Boost.

Also, keep in mind the OP asked for ideas for expansions.

An expansion is not an ilvl Kraken club. An expansion is where you find that ilvl Kraken club.

Dream bigger. I want to come back to this forum and find interesting reads that are entertaining!

I literally proposed an extention to Provenance to be a full fledge endgame zone ~.~

I like your idea about Monstrosity. I didn't read all the way through because I'm at the end of SoA and don't want anymore spoilers that I've already read on it.

I strongly disagree with adding new jobs (even though the Mimic job didn't sound too bad but I feel it would put too much imbalance in the game). An expansion though. I have 2 ideas:

Visions of the east.
This expansion would have you need access to Aht Urghan and you would have to take a boat from Nashmau to the far east. Maybe make it after RoV and for some reason even after destroying cloud of Darkness the emptiness still eats at the east. There you'll get up close and personal and discover what is really causing the land to be eaten away. I would say this could be a fairly small expac only adding 1 city and maybe 5 areas to complete the Aradjiah continent.
$15

King Kupofriend's trimph return.
This one is starting by finishing all the add on scenarios and you'll get access to the moogle homeland. There you can upgrade your Irradiance weapons into powerful 119 forms with unique weapon skills. From there King Kupofried will show you how to move deeper into Provenance.There will be a questline for upgrading the Irradiance weapons that would involve going to Provenance new battleground area I mentioned earlier and defeat NMs and gathering items and maybe add in some items from the far east expansion.
$10
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2017-08-20 03:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardrobe 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 yes please !
(for free that's can be perfect)
iLVL119 Shields and Instruments yes please !
(event lazy augment are ok)
NPC in town to reset 1 hour yes please !
(event moge house job change ok)
Fix the BLM damage limitation problem yes please !
(that's stupid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRQT5UmJ6fA )
Make all item in 1, 12, 99 stack yes please !
that'sgood think to save space (99 remedy yes please)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-21 01:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Some "positive" ideas...

Scrap the competition of the Unity system it was dead from day one. One Unity leader is EXTENSIVELY more useful than the other 8, it completely ruined the idea it was supposed to have. Make the unity leaders into regular trusts. Keep the drops, just remove the ~ and give full time max bonuses.

Fix the unity chat, it's been a complete failure since day one.

Stop making augmentable gear thats specific to certain jobs. Every melee wants the same damn augs, herc valorous and odyssean could've just been "all melee" save some damn inventory, if it has augs just make it "all jobs" and cut the ***.

Do "anything" to get rid of that 30 second *** in hand time when zoning and inventory has to load AGAIN.

Remove 2 minute penalty for trusts, remove enmity restrictions on casting trust. (yes, I know, I also don't care if you continually call trusts and throw corpses at content for 30 minutes)

Also; synergy blows. Make double skill up apply to it, or give it it's own campaign.

And animation lock, that needs to go away.
[+]
By Elyana 2017-08-21 03:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Been lurking here for years, but made an account to reply to this thread. I doubt they will add new zones, but they can still reskin some old ones with higher content, making those maps usable, albeit under different conditions.
I agree with the poster who said Relic +2/+3 should be tied to new Dynamis zones. They used the beastmen races/zones from the original release, so they could do Dynamis Wajoam which opens Mamook, Dynamis Caedarva which opens Arrapago, and Dynamis Mount Zhaylom which open Halvung. Then maybe have Dynamis Whitegate as a final zone.
For Empyrean +2/+3 they should add more Abbysea zones. I'd like to see zones they haven't reskinned for other purposes, but that limits the list. Maybe Aby Cape Terrigan, Bibiki Bay, Ro'Maeve, and Yuhtunga Jungle (although the lack of open areas might make this one rough.) Since they never made an alternate skin0 for Fort K-N they could finally add that. For an Abyssea final zone, they could use Al'Taieu.
I'd also like to see Tavnazia opened up in WotG, but plot wise, I understand that's hard. There are so many zones that are not even run through anymore, since you can warp past them entirely. Even if we aren't going to get entirely new maps, they could freshen up some of the old ones.
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-08-21 04:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Swaggernaught said: »
Elyana said: »
Been lurking here for years, but made an account to reply to this thread. I doubt they will add new zones, but they can still reskin some old ones with higher content, making those maps usable, albeit under different conditions.
I agree with the poster who said Relic +2/+3 should be tied to new Dynamis zones. They used the beastmen races/zones from the original release, so they could do Dynamis Wajoam which opens Mamook, Dynamis Caedarva which opens Arrapago, and Dynamis Mount Zhaylom which open Halvung. Then maybe have Dynamis Whitegate as a final zone.
For Empyrean +2/+3 they should add more Abbysea zones. I'd like to see zones they haven't reskinned for other purposes, but that limits the list. Maybe Aby Cape Terrigan, Bibiki Bay, Ro'Maeve, and Yuhtunga Jungle (although the lack of open areas might make this one rough.) Since they never made an alternate skin0 for Fort K-N they could finally add that. For an Abyssea final zone, they could use Al'Taieu.
I'd also like to see Tavnazia opened up in WotG, but plot wise, I understand that's hard. There are so many zones that are not even run through anymore, since you can warp past them entirely. Even if we aren't going to get entirely new maps, they could freshen up some of the old ones.

i always thought they should do more dynamis zones and abyssea zones and VW adoulin maybe new beastmen and stronghold fights no more instanced battles please thats so repetitive and boring.