Moblin Maze Mongers Mesmerize You With More Madcap Mazes! (Fishing)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Moblin Maze Mongers Mesmerize You with More Madcap Mazes! (Fishing)
Moblin Maze Mongers Mesmerize You with More Madcap Mazes! (Fishing)
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-29 10:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Goldagrik's crack team of dungeon designers has been working overtime, racking their brains to come up with some scrumptious surprises for stalwart spelunkers across Vana'diel.

A Vibrant New Voucher!

It's the ultimate test of endurance and skill. No, not arm wrestling with Chatnachoq—we're talking fishing! Descend to a subterranean fishing hole and compete against an all-star team of some of the most accomplished anglers in the three nations for a chance at fame and fortune!
But be forewarned: you'll be playing by Moblin Maze Monger rules...

User submitted image

Rousing New Runes and Rewards!

Seasoned adventurers know that creative use of Maze Runes is the key to maximizing one's enjoyment in MMM, and will be pleased to see a new assortment of runes, as well as ingenious new effects when combining existing runes with the new voucher.
Furthermore, adroit anglers who prove their worth in the new MMM fishing challenge will be richly rewarded with items that will serve them particularly well in their piscine pursuits!

User submitted image

Goldagrik and the gang are going all out to ensure that their newest product will prove to be a delightful challenge for accomplished anglers and beginners alike, so don't hesitate to give it a go after the next version update!
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-29 10:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

An Albatross Ring without charges? Will it stack? As a fisherman I might try and it will be my first experience with something related to MMM!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-29 10:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously I didn't even notice it didn't have charges. I was about to go off on lolMMM and useless items. That's actually a kinda cool reward!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-29 10:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Liquidz said:
An Albatross Ring without charges? Will it stack? As a fisherman I might try and it will be my first experience with something related to MMM!

Under Fishing Support though. So you have to be in Selbina or something? Or wherever those silly guilds are.
Disclaimer: I'm not a fisherman.

One in whitegate and you can get the belt I think that has fishing support charges? I know the other crafts have them.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-29 10:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishing support lasts a very long time.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
Server: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-29 10:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
Fishing support lasts a very long time.

:D Two hours for Advanced Support!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-29 10:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG I can fish in MMM
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-29 10:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Rowland said:
Liquidz said:

Under Fishing Support though. So you have to be in Selbina or something? Or wherever those silly guilds are.
Disclaimer: I'm not a fisherman.

One in whitegate and you can get the belt I think that has fishing support charges? I know the other crafts have them.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fisherman%27s_Belt
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 10:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ya beleive theres a low point guidl item with fishing support
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-09-29 11:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I guess it's cool if you fish... Not to be a downer to fishermen or anything. lol
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-09-29 12:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

why are they trying so hard for this MMM ***.. I did it 3 times when it first came out and decided it was an even bigger waste of time than this game in general, can we get some real content SE? I guess they had to do something for fishing since fishbotting has taken a hiatus
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-09-29 12:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I think MMM is a waste of time as well. some ppl seem to do it, however few and far between those ppl are. i really don't see a point to it.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-29 12:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The drops are definitely worthwhile... The time it takes to get them seriously hurts the value of the drops though...
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-29 12:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
why are they trying so hard for this MMM ***.. I did it 3 times when it first came out and decided it was an even bigger waste of time than this game in general, can we get some real content SE? I guess they had to do something for fishing since fishbotting has taken a hiatus

Fishbotting is gone? Idk I still see them all the time. And the NM weapons can be nice and I here about good xp in there with right setup
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-29 12:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Its kinda cool I guess as a quick assault to kill time but there really has never been a time were I thought to myself "Hmm, I'm bored... what to do? Oh! MMM!" I've only ever done it when other people have asked me to help out. IMO MMM is a failure just like other rarely used content such as Balista, Brenner, Expeditionary Force and Garrison.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-29 12:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never found anyone remotely interested in doing MMM before, but it seems like every update has some kind of MMM update added to it.

I dunno why they can't focus on adding in more Campaign content instead of wasting their time with Maze Mongers.
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-09-29 12:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

how many people, besides the jp who apparently know how to xp in it, continue doing MMM after they get koggelmander or ermines?
 Cerberus.Sifridus
Server: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-09-29 13:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only participated in MMM a handful of times, now I see it taking up a decent chunk of my time. Yay fishing ring!
 Phoenix.Joz
Server: Phoenix
user: joz
By Phoenix.Joz 2009-09-29 15:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The few times I did MMM, I felt like the XP wasn't so bad. The maps we did were all from the bird family or bats and there were "3 waves" or 3 areas of them. The goal was to try and chain them all within the 30 min. time limit.

The party set up was usually: RDM, WHM (can be replaced with another RDM or brd/whm, cor/whm), and 4 DDs.

Each mob would yield 30-50 xp. At the end the chest gives you 3k+ and if it is your map and you have waited long enough since your last MMM, you get another bonus chest of xp just for you. After everything, I average around 5-6k xp or more. You can also use your xp ring. We would let everyone be leader, so it's around 25-36k xp after you're done.

This isn't bad to try out if merit camps are full and you are waiting for an open spot. The only problem I have with this is that I can never find people to join me.
 Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-09-29 15:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

talking about MMM I start look in seacoms of HL lfp:

East Ronfaure[S]:{Yes Please} <--- (ik why this)
MMM: {Yes Please} <---- (omg! a secret party exp)

well...I hope got a invite of MMM for look why the ppl start looking for MMM party.

Secret {Can I have it?} :P