Forum » FFXI » General » Server not responding, but only on main character O.o
Server not responding, but only on main character O.o
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 12:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

oh this is great pgms say call tech suport and tech suport they have nothign do with actualy caracters to talk to gms..
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 12:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ya i find it hard beleive 2 peeps at same time have same prob and all the other things that have hapen at same time to just be hardware
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 12:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

so any more luck on your end?
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 12:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I turned the router off for a little bit, gonna see if that fixes it. If not then either my router is acting up or Timewarner is doing something and i gotta wait it out. Cause if I direct connect to modem I can login just fine.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 12:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so ok still won't login with router, and i double checked my ports forwarded. on phone with ISP, on hold atm tho.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 13:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ISP saying it's not them that its POL. I call POL this time and get a nicer fellow and he's telling me a lot of people from ohio and surrounding states are calling with the same Issue i have and that it's the ISP's in those areas.

What I don't get is if i direct connect bypassing my router everything works fine... so it should be my router having issues. So why if my router is the problem is POL saying ohio and other states have a lot of people TODAY calling with the same exact problem? How many peoples routers could just crap out at the same exact day and all in the same states?

Either conspiracy or servers are *** and they don't know it yet...

I am just now getting issues logging into playonline even...
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-09-29 13:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I had some issues with a Linksys router a few years back that kinda sounded like the same deal (would let me hardwire connect to my modem, but through my router it wouldn't connect to FFXI). I messed with it for a day or two then finally said screw it and bought another router. Set it up, problem solved. It was worth it to buy the other router just so I didn't have to listen anymore to the tech guy I was talking to go on and on about how superior WoW was to FFXI after I told him what was going on.....
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 13:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, i'm *** tho. I bought my wife a new color laser printer... no *** way i'm gonna get a new router now.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 13:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm ya know, internet and broadband phone did go down for a bit early this morn. though i was able log in after . i am in those regions to. maybe it something to do how it asigns the ips to the wirless conections or that a hardwire one gets automaticlly put on 1st setting/priorty over wirless so not asigned the same id or settings.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 13:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

though still doesnt make sense why mules can. did u try moving main to diff zone while hardwired?
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 14:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tryin that now once i get this coffer key.

i'm gonna go to mog house in basty mines, same as mules are so I have a constant in this experiment lol.
 Cerberus.Sifridus
Server: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-09-29 14:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of router do you have? Have you tried resetting the router to factory settings via the tiny button located usually on the back or bottom of it? Have you updated the router's firmware? I've used a Linksys 2.4ghz Wireless-g router for many years only recently gave me problems. A quick firmware update and I was back on track. Hope you're able to resolve this problem with out having to spend any money.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 14:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

linksys wrt54g. Yea I reset it via the button on the back. I can connect through pol faster now, but i still am getting all kind of server not responding errors... both in POL and in ffXI now.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 17:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

noticed about a hour ago my Wii had a update notice but it cant do the update because a internet connection prob either, but other online things of it work fine.
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-09-29 17:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Stuff like this has happened to me before. Someone could be stealing your internet and making the connection congested. That's what my problem was. I just disconnected myself for a few hours, reconnected and let everything work itself out in a couple more hours and was able to get back on no problem.

I haven't had that problem ever since I got rid of linksys.

My friend had another problem entirely. And it doesn't really sound like yours, but I dunno. First it was saying server was busy. Then she could log in and take a few step, but then would be kicked. She tried that quite a few times. Then logged in on a mule to see if the mule had the same problem. But it was fine. So she took her mule to the same place (rolanberry fields) and then the same thing happened to the mule.

She asked a GM about it, and if I remember correctly, he said for her to wipe I think C hard drive.

That's what was wrong with her though. Please don't do that unless you know what you're doing. Her computer may have been set different.

Anyway, good luck.
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2009-09-29 18:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I think i know what your problem is.
YOU need to configure your Ports in your router. The issue I had was the same and also on my mules I get stuck in the download screen. idk what your router is but this link will help http://www.portforward.com/ choose your router and then next screen will let you choose what game your configuring your router. Good luck man
 Midgardsormr.Raistlin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Wildman33
By Midgardsormr.Raistlin 2009-09-29 18:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was having the same issues with the linksys wrt54g router. And it came on all the sudden after owning that router for 2 years. I tried opening ports and a mess of other things with no good results. Bypassing the router and going through the modem worked fine though. So out of curiosity I bought a new router, a Netgear router and everything is fine. Been running it with no problems for about 6-7 months now. When your able to, I would try a new router.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 18:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

woot im back in why or how i dont knwo, now i just got ge tthe nerve to attempt zonign again..