Server not responding, but only on main character O.o
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 09:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, just waht the title says. I try to log in to my main character and it keeps telling me that there is no response from the FFXI server. Yet if I hit that down arrow and log in to a mule on the same server BAM it logs me in np. WTF?
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-09-29 09:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Your character has been banned.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-29 09:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... Try moving another character to the zone your main's in. If that makes your other one screw up too... It's likely just a file in that area. :P Do an error check or reinstall your FFXI.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-09-29 09:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
lol... Try moving another character to the zone your main's in. If that makes your other one screw up too... It's likely just a file in that area. :P Do an error check or reinstall your FFXI.

This, pretty much. I was kidding, in case you didn't know.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 09:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try that rq, don't see how it's a file tho, i've had my pc on all night with ffXI at the login screen so really nothing should have changed.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-09-29 09:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

might be a corrupted file in zone, could be area, or area's music. I have met some ppl that have problem w/ certain areas, untill they did some dat changes there.

could also be a server issue
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 09:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

got my mule runnin to oztroja now, my main was hunting coffer key last night for thf AF. I'm hoping it's a server issue as there's been numerous d/c spikes every once in a while for the past month or so. I'll be in a party and i and like 3-4 pt mates will just get R0 for 20sec then everything is fine.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-09-29 09:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably dc'ed on your main. Wait a few minutes and try again.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 09:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ya im getign same thing teled to holla and d/c before coming out of the zone blackness and cant get back in. Also been geting lot near d/c what isnt normal for me. The game been screwy since last update
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 09:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
ya im getign same thing teled to holla and d/c before coming out of the zone blackness and cant get back in. Also been geting lot near d/c what isnt normal for me. The game been screwy since last update

same thing cept I didn't d/c, last night I /logout and stayed at the title screen.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 09:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yep just got in with mule fine
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 10:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ok I ran the file check... it went faster than my mule did getting to castle oztroja lol, stupid mule not quite there yet.

Anyway it says 289 problems found, tho I know the majority if not 100% of that are the status icon replacements and the edited map pack for chest loc, doors, elems, etc.

gonna do the repair but of course it has to re-check it -.-

EDIT: File repair completed, and it I'm getting even more server busy/not responding errors. so i know it's not me. something is wrong with bahamut and pol has yet to even acknowledge it of course... ...
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 10:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

gm said just keep tyrign login or go to pole service by phone or webchat since they "cant" do anyhtign unless u completly loged in. Or it mgiht be service provider..
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 10:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even get ffxi to load without POL server errors lol, it's not me tho i'm streaming music the entire time and it hasn't cut out at all.

and phone support isn't gonna be open for a while, of course lol. they're always closed when NA players have issues.
Just like when i got hacked years ago, it happened 10 minutes after POL customer support had closed for the night... and they were closed the next day as well for holiday. had to wait 3 days before i could call them, that was *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

EDIT: ok so now when i login it goes to black screen and says downloading, then pops up with server is busy error. kicks me out, and says I am logged in. ; ; SE fail.... for 2 hours now
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 10:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ya been my experience its always on he players end according to SE even when its not on the players end , least till the servers crash completly. Noticed my fl wasnt working breifly either on mule. kinda sucks cus i was heading to do acp key runs to..
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 10:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ya that what im geting, if it was service provider related how would be able log in on mule..
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 10:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just called a GM on my mule cause i can't even get out of my mog house >.> I click on the door and select Bastok Mines... or any ooption... and nothing happens.

This is *** lol.

Heimdall said:
ya that what im geting, if it was service provider related how would be able log in on mule..

^this lol
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 10:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

what internet service do u use?
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 10:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Time warner cable, whatever their highest tier is cause god knows i pay for it >.> lol.

Just done talking with GM, was nice and did try to help, he did ask my ISP info tho but if I can login to A character and stream music it's not them.

POL center opens in 5min so I'ma try them as well.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 10:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

k gl . happen look at yor forums history and damn man seems u always having bad luck with pol/login issues. Guess ill go back to spaming login liek gm said..
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 11:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yea everytime I take a break from the game and come back something is messed up...

Seriously, POL/FFXI has more bugs than microsoft >.>

User submitted image
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 11:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, i'm telling u they sent all the real programmers to the new ff game and left us with the interns or something.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-09-29 11:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nomad, I had this problem back about 2 months ago when my character was in Bastok Mines. I just reinstalled after speaking with a GM about it and it fixed my problems.
 Seraph.Ashjin
Server: Seraph
user: Ashjin
By Seraph.Ashjin 2009-09-29 11:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the identical problem last night, I just reset router then alls was good.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 11:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

well interestign side note caracter is geting in i loged in fast enough on mule after the no response thing and coudl see myself. even sent a friend request to myself.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 11:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've reset router and modem as well, still happens.

this is a fresh copy of ffxi too, under 2 weeks old.

Just got off the phone with POL... they are saying it's my ISP for blocking Ports... I've played this shitty game for 6 years.. wtf they gonna block the exact ports I need now?
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy fing ***... they're other idea might be right for once lmao... I bypassed my router and i got logged in right away.

POL guy said basically when you change zones it's connect to the server using a different port for each zone. Said something about if a router is going bad sometimes it'll give errors like that and to try a direct connection. So i did and can now login...

I think he flipped a switch secretly ; ;. Gonna re-connect my router and try it again.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 11:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

that is a bs answer since if was blockign it then u wouldnt be able get in on mule. its compklelty there end they just dont want to amit it.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-29 11:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether was a BS answer or not it's gotta be something with my router, I hoooked it back up and now I can't login again.

I'm check the port settings but I doubt it can change on it's own.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-09-29 11:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

tryed geting a gm stand there to move me when i apeared but they said hmain never apeared.
First Page 2