FFXI finally in high quality graphics
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2020-02-03 03:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea why it would not load the dedicated graphic card ?

On laptop here :

• Windows 10 ; 64bits
    Nvidia 950m graphic card,
    D3DCompiler_47.dll copied in sysWOW64,
    dgVoodooCpl.exe copied in the PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer folder directory (version 2.63),
    D3D8.dll copied in the same PlayOnlineViewer directory,
    Nvidia driver updated,

What I do to launch the game is what is said in previous pages (and I used it for years with the dgVoodoo v2.55.3 version, until I messed it all trying to use reshade and XI-Pivot and I d'ont know how but I *** it all)

• Run dgVoodooCpl.exe (As Administrator) from within PlayOnlineViewer folder.
    Click on the DirectX tab.
    Check the box that says "Disable and passthru to real DirectX".
    Click Apply.
    Keep dgVoodooCpl.exe open.
    Launch POL/Windower
    Once PlayOnline Viewer is launched, but before you launch FFXI, switch back to dgVoodooCpl.exe and uncheck the "Disable and passthru to real DirectX" and click Apply.

Then the game launch, but I have no watermark, and the game is still running under the integrated INTEL graphic card.
The Nvidia is'nt loaded at all (0%).

Could it be because I haven't copied the D3DCompiler_43.dll into C:\Windows\System32 (but since im on Win10 64b,I guess I dont need it)

EDIT: I also tried to put the v2.55.3 dgVoodooSetup.exe into the playonlineviewer directory and lunch the game from this one, but then it didnt work at all, it crashed after POL process

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-02-03 11:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Try checking this:

then hit browse:

Grab pol.exe and make sure it is set to use your dedicated gfx card.
 Valefor.Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2020-02-07 05:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Found it!

Was due to the fact that while I've upgraded the dgvoodoo to the version 2.63 , the D3D8.dll I had copied was not the one for the 2.63 version but the one for the 2.55.3.

Thank you for the answers tho ;)
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-02-24 08:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I bought a laptop with MX150 and am running at 10-20 FPS. Should installing DVG, fix this?
 Valefor.Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2020-02-24 08:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-02-25 12:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright so installed DGvoodoo last night got up to two boxing np, but FPS still 25-29. (Dips to 10 in Domain Invasion)

My question is I have a MX150 2Gig of memory and 16G ram, in the set up I allocated 512MB of memory because the next setting was 1024mb (and 1024 x2 > 2Gig) or Is that memory Ram and I could up to 1024 without a problem.

What else can I do to improve FPS
By DononofSylph 2020-02-25 12:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

//config FrameRateDivisor 1
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-02-25 12:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DononofSylph said: »
//config FrameRateDivisor 1

?
By DononofSylph 2020-02-25 13:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

FRD 1 unlocks your FPS to cap at 60
FRD 2 puts it back to default 30 cap
FRD 0 completely unlocks FPS and allows you achieve 200+ but is not recommended unless batch crafting.

Type that into your log, it is cap sensitive.
By DononofSylph 2020-02-25 13:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

In detail if you feel like doing more research.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-02-25 15:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude thanks
[+]
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-25 16:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting.. now whatever happened to that one person trying to upgrade the actual look of the game? hmm..
 Asura.Krazyk
user: Krazyy
By Asura.Krazyk 2020-03-17 12:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have luck getting dgVoodoo to work on a GTX laptop? Specifically its a MSI GS65 i7-9750H - GTX 1660 Ti

I have dgvoodoo working fine on my desktop, but this laptop is not having it thanks to the multiple GPUs (integrated / Nvidia ).
I have the dgVoodooCpl.exe and D3D8.dll in the PlayOnlineViewer folder with pol.exe. I replaced the compiller in syswow64. I launch POL and it never even tries to use the dedicated GPU, or even dgVoodoo for that matter.. almost like its ignoring it entirely.

Anyone have any tips?
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2020-03-17 12:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=cPQgmVxCN-o&feature=emb_logo

DGvoodoo part starts around 18:00

watch this its not bad

make sure you change the GPU on DGVoodoo main page to you Nvidia card which he doesn't go over in the video
 Bahamut.Orinthia
user: Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2020-03-17 13:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Try atom0s's dx9 proxy: https://forums.ashitaxi.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=855 (there's a link in that post, may need this as well, from MS themselves: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe ). It works for me on my older ati dual gfx laptop, lets the dedicated gfx work, though don't know about nvidia's. Might need to tweak the ini a little to fix some shadows.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2020-03-17 13:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Orinthia said: »
Try atom0s's dx9 proxy: https://forums.ashitaxi.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=855 (there's a link in that post, may need this as well, from MS themselves: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe ). It works for me on my older ati dual gfx laptop, lets the dedicated gfx work, though don't know about nvidia's. Might need to tweak the ini a little to fix some shadows.
This right here what you'll need for stable fps. It makes your Nvidia or whatever card work for the game and it's great.
You might geht shadow twitching issue but I found a solution for it over google it was easy to find.
 Asura.Krazyk
user: Krazyy
By Asura.Krazyk 2020-03-18 07:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys! I was able to get both Atom0s dx9 proxy, and dgVoodoo to work. I saw one other person posting about it only working for them if they put the .dll and .ini files in both the playonline AND FinalFantasy folders. Same thing worked for me! Both for Atom0s and dgVoodoo.

So I am going to play around with both a little and see which one runs better for me with Windower.

Next issue I had was the resolution blowing way out thanks to laptop DPI settings.. so I had to Override high DPI scaling behavior for both pol.exe and polboot.exe and that fixed the resolution issue.

NOW the only issue I have to work on is getting my PS4 controller to work all the time instead of dropping out every few seconds.. either a driver issue or gamepad config issue im sure.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-18 08:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said: »
This right here what you'll need for stable fps. It makes your Nvidia or whatever card work for the game and it's great.
You might geht shadow twitching issue but I found a solution for it over google it was easy to find.

Is this strictly for ashita users?
 Bahamut.Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2020-03-18 09:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Ragnarok.Corres said: »

Is this strictly for ashita users?
It works with windower and ashita and without either. I linked that thread since it's the original download spot for it. The very next post on that thread answered you lol.

Another dx proxy is reshade's, just in case anyone else wants to try something else. https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases , it's a simple drop in to the same spots as the others (POL or FF folders, depending on how you play) with no configuration. You don't need anything else from reshade, just that one dll from the link does the work. Might be useful to help those who are weary of configing the others but just aren't using one. Copy and done. Been using it for a while on my geforce 2060 and it's been good.

Dgvoodoo and reshade's are generic proxies, they work for a lot of games, while atom0s's is just for ffxi. Some hardware combinations might work better with a different proxy and it's easy to try them.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [109 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fallyn
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2020-07-05 06:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Necrobump a bit, but looking to finally sort out 60fps on my desktop - can't seem to get anything stable over 40 even in Lower Jeuno with no-one there...

Desktop Specs:
Code
i5-2500k @3.30GHz (bottleneck)
8GB RAM
SSD
Radeon RX580 8GB

FFXI Config settings:
Code
Borderless windowed: 1920x1080
Drawing precision: 1920x1080
Textures: High
2-D mapping: High
Fonts: Standard (had choppy fonts with dgv)
Vegetation: smooth
Draw Distance: on
Enhanced Shading: off

Windower settings:
Code
<mipmaplevel>6</mipmaplevel>
<uiscale>1</uiscale>
FastCS: off

Config settings:
Code
<ClippingPlane>5</ClippingPlane>
<AnimationFrameRate>0</AnimationFrameRate>
<FootstepEffects>true</FootstepEffects>
<FrameRateDivisor>1</FrameRateDivisor>

DgVoodoo 2.64 settings (running, as I have watermark on):
Code
GENERAL
Adapter: RX580
Appearance: Windowed
Capture mouse: off

GLIDE
Filtering: app driven
MSAA: app driven
Force vSync: on

DIRECTX
Filtering: App driven
MSAA: app driven
Fast video memory access: on

Surely I should be able to hit 60fps in most zones, right? Or is the game that badly optimised and my desktop just not up to scratch?

Screenshot of 45fps in Lower Jeuno with like, 5 models on-screen.
 Bahamut.Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2020-07-05 09:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Some more detailed info: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/User:Sitara/GraphicsEnhancement
On textures and such, make sure it's uncompressed. Lower mip-map might also help. Game is single-core heavy, so upgrading to higher tier or newer cpu might help as well (don't let ffxi be your only reason to upgrade lol).

Listing proxies again:
atom0s's: https://forums.ashitaxi.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=855
dgvoodoo: http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html
reshade's: https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases

Try a different one if you hadn't, you may get different performance. I'm still using reshade's and it's been fairly glitchless so far. Just be sure to clean up the previous proxy's files so there's no possible conflicts.
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2020-07-05 14:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply, I'll try one of the other ones and see if there is any difference!
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-07-05 14:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Question regarding changing bump-mapping. The wiki shows when you open up the config you get an 'Effects' tab. When I open up the config, I only have General, Graphics, Features, and Other. Even when I open up the html config, it shows that I should have Screen Size, Textures, Sound, Misc1, and Misc2. I installed the game right from POL when I got my new laptop, and recently installed dgVoodoo to force my GPU to be used. The game looks fantastic already, but if I can make it better I'd like to. Just wondering where my other tabs are in the config?
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-07-06 01:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Question regarding changing bump-mapping. The wiki shows when you open up the config you get an 'Effects' tab. When I open up the config, I only have General, Graphics, Features, and Other. Even when I open up the html config, it shows that I should have Screen Size, Textures, Sound, Misc1, and Misc2. I installed the game right from POL when I got my new laptop, and recently installed dgVoodoo to force my GPU to be used. The game looks fantastic already, but if I can make it better I'd like to. Just wondering where my other tabs are in the config?

@Firedemon Hey buddy, 'Enable Bump Mapping' has now become 'Enhanced Shading' in the new Final Fantasy XI Config file. Keep in mind though, if you are using custom HD textures, it's recommended to keep that option off.

@Aesyr Your settings FF, Windower, DGVoodoo, all look absolutely fine, the problem is in certain conditions like domain invasion, 18 man divergence, and similar environments 60 FPS will never run smoothly due to the nature of how FF11 graphics are coded. If I am not mistaken, even the latest top-end GPU on the market will not yield a significant difference in performance for 60 FPS in dense areas and high populated areas/instances. The hurdle here is the game code itself.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-07-06 03:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
@Firedemon Hey buddy, 'Enable Bump Mapping' has now become 'Enhanced Shading' in the new Final Fantasy XI Config file. Keep in mind though, if you are using custom HD textures, it's recommended to keep that option off.

Gotcha, thanks man.
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2020-07-06 13:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

@Aesyr Your settings FF, Windower, DGVoodoo, all look absolutely fine, the problem is in certain conditions like domain invasion, 18 man divergence, and similar environments 60 FPS will never run smoothly due to the nature of how FF11 graphics are coded. If I am not mistaken, even the latest top-end GPU on the market will not yield a significant difference in performance for 60 FPS in dense areas and high populated areas/instances. The hurdle here is the game code itself.

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

Yeah i thought that was going to be the case!
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
Server: Fenrir
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2020-07-28 13:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

copied d3dcomplier_47.dll in window's sysWOW64 folder
copied D3D8.ddl, D3Dlmm.ddl and dgVoodooCpl in Playonline viewer folder which is installed on a hard drive, i use a SSD for windows install.

it says the app cant be run in this pc
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2020-08-21 10:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe the opposite question here- what should I make sure I have set in dgvoodoo/ffxiconfig/windowerconfig to make the game run better multiboxing?

I have dgvoodoo set up and I have the watermark showing ingame so it is working but 3 ffxi's makes my computer run awfully
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24