Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21
 Siren.Ruoyu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Ruoyu
By Siren.Ruoyu 2017-05-15 23:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

me too im using windows vista and im still getting crashes windower cant open the pol .
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-05-15 23:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

People still use Vista? Good god.
 Siren.Ruoyu
By Siren.Ruoyu 2017-05-15 23:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

hell yea OG
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-05-15 23:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a terrible OS when it was current.
 Siren.Ruoyu
By Siren.Ruoyu 2017-05-15 23:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

but seriously is there any fix for vistas?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-16 00:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ruoyu said: »
but seriously is there any fix for vistas?

Upgrade to 10
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-16 00:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want fixes for crashes, read the thread/specifically my post near the bottom of last page about a debug hook.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-16 00:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Fenrir.Caiir said: »
For all of you still sitting on 4.2, please give 4.3.1.1 a try. We have fixed pretty much all of the behavioral issues at this point.

Additionally, as of the most recent push to the dev branch, many of the crash on logout problems should be taken care of as well.

Appreciate the patience (well, some of ya) and feedback~

Guess XP is officially out of use with windower then. Wont load up at all. Shame. Oh well, it was a good run. Wish i had the funds to upgrade, but at least im very used to playing without any addons.

I thought you had got a new box?
One. This comp is on 7, my other comp is still xp and i play diff char on both.
 Odin.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-05-16 00:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hook 4.3.1.0
* Fix the use of Windows Key binds with multiple instances running
Thank you very much for this. It was the only issue I've encountered since the beginning of this thread and only began yesterday~ with the 4.3.0.13(?) update. Windows 10 user here.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-16 00:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For all of you still sitting on 4.2, please give 4.3.1.1 a try. We have fixed pretty much all of the behavioral issues at this point.

Additionally, as of the most recent push to the dev branch, many of the crash on logout problems should be taken care of as well.

Guess XP is officially out of use with windower then. Wont load up at all. Shame. Oh well, it was a good run. Wish i had the funds to upgrade, but at least im very used to playing without any addons.

If you can provide a crash dump, I'm not opposed to looking at anything. Please use this debug build instead of the standard release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/11dbw41mvopn7ci/Hook.dll?dl=0

im honestly not sure how to go about either of those you mentioned. So this was just a guess after 2h sleep. I dl'ed that dll hook. Replaced the one in the windower folder with that. Didnt seem to change anything tho. So guessing that wasnt what i was supposed to do with it.

This is what was in the crash log i found. Not sure if its what you were talking about.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-16 02:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Windower/Issues/wiki/Enabling-automatic-crash-dumps
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2017-05-16 02:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want fixes for crashes, read the thread/specifically my post near the bottom of last page about a debug hook.

Could you post the link please?
 Shiva.Trumpy
Server: Shiva
user: Trumpy3k
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-16 05:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the post he referred to. literally one click away (also 2 posts above your last one).

If you can provide a crash dump, I'm not opposed to looking at anything. Please use this debug build instead of the standard release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/11dbw41mvopn7ci/Hook.dll?dl=0
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-16 07:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

cant seem to run it. Always get the error message 'not a valid win32 application'
 Shiva.Trumpy
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-16 22:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I do remember I couldnt get the dump program to work on my XP PC I had before. but I dunno bout 7 or vista.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-16 22:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So is it confirmed everything to be "good" now? Haven't yet updated to Win 10 creators whatever, my game works alright, just a lot of random extra inputs (which has my dualbox engaging often, oddly) while I alt tab and the sort. Got nothing going on tonight in-game so wondering if I should push to update everything and get it over with before it automatically gets done for me.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-17 00:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

cant seem to run it. Always get the error message 'not a valid win32 application'

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+make+a+crash+dump

Windows generally has this done for you. When a program crashes, you have the option to "debug". You can save the dump in whatever loads up.
 Shiva.Trumpy
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-17 00:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

everything is workin for me except the setkey in scripts not workin when the window isnt in focus
By Rife 2017-05-17 01:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hook 4.3.1.1

When Alt tabbing, the character that I swap to seems to have inputs disabled for 1 second or so. Kind of gets in the way when things get heated
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-05-17 03:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

And instance still freezes momentarily when switching using controller through AHK.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2017-05-17 03:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My Crash Dump Vista Buisness

[ 4.3.6338.32792 ] 2017-05-17 08:39:47.7108289 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Accesso negato
in Launcher.Injector.Inject(SafeSystemHandle process, String hook, Settings settings, TimeSpan timeout)
in Launcher.Injector.Launch(String hook, Profile profile, Boolean debug, TimeSpan timeout)
in Launcher.Tasks.LaunchTask.Run()
in Launcher.Tasks.Task.Run(Core core)
in Launcher.Core.Run()
in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-05-17 13:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not getting a crash dump from it, but what I have noticed I will randomly freeze if I have some sort of flash open with Chrome. Not always, but it will happen time to time. Never happened before.

Looks like it has something to do with tabbing out of the game. It gives a lag spike each time I do it.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-17 17:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+make+a+crash+dump

Windows generally has this done for you. When a program crashes, you have the option to "debug". You can save the dump in whatever loads up.

i followed the instructions on the sites. But im not sure if a file is being created to start with for that. I am unable to locate the location for the kernal dump. I was able to find the minidump folder which is the option that was default selected to until today, but that newest file in there is from January; so im guessing that aint it. Which makes me think that it was never being written there to begin with.

Which leaves me back to the only thing i was able to find at the start. The 'crash' notepad file in the windower folder.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-05-17 21:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

*cough
 Shiva.Trumpy
By Shiva.Trumpy 2017-05-18 04:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

well this is my first crash in a long while. i was on 2 characters and both crashed when i opened another program. here the dumps

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o208kjnku7tesc9/pol.exe.11628.dmp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi1kfpes2414ucy/pol.exe.5396.dmp?dl=0
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-05-18 04:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

im honestly not sure how to go about either of those you mentioned. So this was just a guess after 2h sleep. I dl'ed that dll hook. Replaced the one in the windower folder with that. Didnt seem to change anything tho. So guessing that wasnt what i was supposed to do with it.

This is what was in the crash log i found. Not sure if its what you were talking about.
Pssst.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-18 19:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Still things

sometime auto log out, just to the selection screen.
World time thing is off
happens sometimes with in 10 min others after 3 days or more on
also 2 diff machines with 2 diff OS.

anyone know things on how to fix
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-18 21:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lokimaru said: »

Pssst.

considering the age of the comp, it most definitely wasnt built to handle modern systems. Iir, it just barley meats the requirements for win7x32. As far as i know they did not include XP systems in there free upgrade when 10 came out (even if it could handle it).
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21