users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ToAU 44 "Nashmeria's Plea"
ToAU 44 "Nashmeria's Plea"
 Quetzalcoatl.Thalos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Thalos 2009-09-24 11:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I tried searching the forums and couldn't find anything on this so I figured I'd make a new post.

I tried this mission a couple times yesterday using the setup of: BLM BLM SMN SMN PLD SCH. We failed both times via Time-out. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for maybe a better set up or some tips and tricks that I may not know about. Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-09-24 12:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How much time are you taking killing the first two forms of Raubahn, that's really it right there. Depending on how much time you spend there you're setting yourself up for a win or a loss...
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-24 12:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I did, BLM PLD/RDM SAM/NIN WHM/SCH RDM/DRK WAR/NIN and won first try, make sure to stun Eyes on Me, what we did was, did more then 50% on first form w/ magic, while the BLM and RDM did this, Me(SAM) and the WAR went and killed the Biggun to 50%, then we cam back and finished him, then more then 50% on 2nd form melee, then mix magic melee again to kill, then that makes last form immune to ranged attack I think, so we just killed him.

And for Alexander, PLD/RDM stood in that spot, and we just killed. Took 1 wipe from his massive 2hr thing, and then got up and killed him.
 Quetzalcoatl.Thalos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Thalos 2009-09-24 12:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The first time we had some trouble on Raubahn, the second time we killed him in about 9 minutes. It seemed like we were taking quite a while to get alexander down.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-24 12:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

20 minutes for Alexander sounds like you should have more then enough time, idk what SMN do, I know BLM are nice, maybe rep a SMN w/ a heavy DD? DD never have to rest MP, mixes it up.

EDit**

Get SAM can self Skillchain and the BLM can AM2 MB it, lots of dmg there.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-09-24 12:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done this twice with wins both times, we went blm blm whm rdm/drk pld sam and I think the 2nd time was blm blm sch rdm/drk pld nin.

For us the key was making sure that no one died while fighting the blu. Create a stun order and stick to it. If no one dies it free's up some additional time which might be needed later.

Time for the hard part now..just have your pld stand on one of the platforms and tank it from there..whatever job is your healer have them watch him and only him. Blm's do there job and and nuke at will just trying not to take to much hate. Rdm refresh and cure when Healer needs to rest MP. If you have sam have them Meditate ws or self SC for MB's for added damage. Nin can basically melee all he wants, but if he gets in trouble low HP anything have him run to the back to heal. Rdm/drk and the Blm can try to stun his moves but more than likely they will still make it thru. From my little xp with him feeding him TP is bad and with bad luck he will just keep curing himself over and over..You might be able to do this really quick with pld rdm blmx3 brd or just blmx4.

If you are running out of time have you blm manafont and got nuts and have you rdm/drk chainspell stun. Even if you are fine on time you might think about CS stun @15ish% just to make sure that *** doesnt get a cure off.

Get a good pld and stunners and this fight is really easy.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-24 13:01:01
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Went WHM, BLM, PLD, SAM, DRK, WAR for mine and got it on second try. Raub was cake and they TP'd it first form, magic second form and TP'd third while BLM rested MP to full. It went just as fast as a lolibri merit pt.

Alex we just did what the strat said. PLD stands alone and keeps hate while the melees stayed off to the side of Alex so the WHM can cure/haste them. RDM just made sure PLD and BLM were refreshed and cured. BLM just nukes to ~50% MP and rests up. If we were low on MP then we'd wipe in hallway, RR and rest to full and start over.

Took us almost the whole time-limit with a couple minutes to spare.