First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-11 12:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I tried to quickly updated the OP, there may be some issues so let me know.
Thanks man I just looked at it tbh it looks alright to me and about what I expected. I really wanted the body for am 3 calad but Dagon still took good.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-10-11 19:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As always, Thanks for the update!

I was expecting to see empy feet be...well, everywhere! However, I think you missed a spot! As luck would have it, a crep. cloak dropped from aman trove for me. Don't worry, I had to change my underwear twice from the shock.
Wouldn't empy feet be best in that set also? Those actually have INT, higher MACC, and you get about 300 extra TP!
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-10-11 20:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yes and the earring actually has more macc too! Just a heads up if you use that full set you will lose tp when you got back to your main weapon.
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-10-12 11:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I don't have it set to swap weapons, but thanks for the reminder.
I was looking into occult a bit more and noticed it's effected by store tp. I may do some testing to see what kind of returns I get over a full macc set. May prove useful on lower level things to start the fight with.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-10-12 16:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be mentioned that while the Empyrean hands are not included in the OP's sets, for great sword users, the hands are competitive with (or might beat) augmented Gazu Bracelets +1. If you're hurting for accuracy, then this should be better because it has considerable defense and damage taken-, while Gazu does not.

It very much depends on the content you're doing. You're more likely to need it if you are doing high tier Odyssey NMs, or if you're falling short on wave 3 Dynamis-D. That much accuracy allows you to use almost anything else in the set. It's a similar situation with the head, which gives Scythe users an amazing accuracy boost while also providing decent multi-attack and damage taken. It's not quite Flamma or Sakpata, it's something inbetween.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-12 16:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
You're more likely to need it if you are doing high tier Odyssey NMs
Most Ody NMs V20 need under 1300.

Comment on hands being useful if you need that much accuracy still stands, but Ody NMs is not really the place.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-10-12 17:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »

Comment on hands being useful if you need that much accuracy still stands, but Ody NMs is not really the place.

Disappointing. I never got around to high tier before unsubscribing, so I figured it would be an example. Thanks for clearing it up.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-10-12 22:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
I was looking into occult a bit more and noticed it's effected by store tp. I may do some testing to see what kind of returns I get over a full macc set. May prove useful on lower level things to start the fight with.

I'm genuinely curious what and where you would be using an Occult set on. To the best of my knowledge, DRK Occult Acumen is best utilized with Impact (Begining of a fight, or during PD or Invincible) for about 1,000~1,200 TP return.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-13 00:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »

Yeah, acc requirements in Sheol:Gaol is a lot lower than most assume due to other aspects of difficulty. Honestly, the only v20 i'm used to getting even a single Madrigal is Xevioso- other than that I'm using defensive food w/o accuracy (like Miso Ramen) and all marches/minuets/defensive songs- accuracy just isn't a worry there.

As a comparison, its a helluva lot more accuracy needs for much older content like Albumen than anything in Odyssey.
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-10-13 03:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

I'm genuinely curious what and where you would be using an Occult set on. To the best of my knowledge, DRK Occult Acumen is best utilized with Impact (Begining of a fight, or during PD or Invincible) for about 1,000~1,200 TP return.

Just that, beginning of a fight! But to be honest, the chances of me using it on drk are slim to none. The casting time on it is so terrible since you lose 2 slots of fast cast, that unless I NEED the tp or stat down, it's probably quicker to just run and smack it for TP.

It'll be good for my RDM which I'm in the process of gearing.
By SimonSes 2022-10-13 04:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Just that, beginning of a fight! But to be honest, the chances of me using it on drk are slim to none. The casting time on it is so terrible since you lose 2 slots of fast cast, that unless I NEED the tp or stat down, it's probably quicker to just run and smack it for TP.

It'll be good for my RDM which I'm in the process of gearing.

If you ever casting it on DRK, remember to drop Hasso first, unless you are /drg ;)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Duskbane
user: Pepino
By Asura.Duskbane 2023-01-05 14:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is stupid suggestion I know, but Gear Guide posts like this should also have a "Estimated Invetory space needed"

Cuz inventory space management is the real end game.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-01-05 15:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean that is something you can do yourself.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-01-17 18:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How's Anguta these days? In particular, ever worth using if you also have a Caladbolg?

I'll be selecting a new Aeonic soon from one of the handful I don't have, and Anguta is one of my top 2 contenders (it's that, or currently leaning toward a Doji for my SAM that has R15 Masa). I'm no super-pro DRK, but use it on occasion and I currently have R15 Apoc, Lycurgos, or Montante +1 as my go-to options. Have also been verrryyyy sloooowly working on a Caladbolg, so if that would make Anguta totally irrelevant once finished that would be good to know. I have zero intention of working on a Liberator or Redemption.
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-01-17 18:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

100% recommend doji.
Maybe its more my playstyle and/or content I do, but I tend to find doji more fun and effective than my masa. If that helps put it's power in perspective. I've also had my bum-bum handed to my in dyna-D by a doji weilding enpi spamming SAM before.

Anguta just isn't that great. If you have regulars you play with and it would fit well in your groups setup, go for it. Aside from that, its more of a collection item. Maybe someday they will adjust entropy... maybe...
[+]
By Taint 2023-01-17 18:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Any others you are considering? Both my Doji and Anguta collect dust.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-01-17 20:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I'm getting down to the last handful of Aeonics I need, so I'm not really expecting whatever I choose to be massively impactful for me. The others remaining for my jobs are Tri-Edge (which I see zero practical use for), Lionheart (but I have Epeo R15), and Srivatsa (which looks like it's gonna get completely overshadowed by Prime Shield, maybe even before final stage). Doji and Anguta looked like a clear cut above that bunch to me.

Doji does look like a fun time for hybrids and some long SC shenanigans, and I do play SAM frequently, so I'm thinking I'll go for that. Was mostly curious whether I was overlooking anything about Anguta.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-17 21:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a paladin, but I know from others that Srivatsa has alot of use cases, in particular for its high defense and scenarios where you can't block (i.e. pulling odyssey? and the like). I think at worst, it'd see more use as a toggle/macro swap than a weapon you store and never use.
By Nariont 2023-01-17 21:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Like in RQT, dojis the better of the 2, but if you dont plan to make a mythic/emp scythe, then angutas your next best though prime can shift that whenever they get real stats on them. TP bonus helps all scythe ws, namely cross reaper which is your bread+butter when not using lib. I dont ss or sim and i know the stat mod on entropy is bad but i figured the addition of sakpata and now emp+2/3 head it would help it some as its just a worse reso with no atk penalty provided you can hit those pdl values

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
I'm not a paladin, but I know from others that Srivatsa has alot of use cases, in particular for its high defense and scenarios where you can't block (i.e. pulling odyssey? and the like). I think at worst, it'd see more use as a toggle/macro swap than a weapon you store and never use.

Duban is 10 def less, and is 1 upgrade away from closing that further, aeonic shields big pull atm is its stat spread and dmg annul, i just donno if its worth grabbing since primes already so good
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-17 21:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough, it is only a matter of time
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-01-17 21:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Duban is 10 def less, and is 1 upgrade away from closing that further, aeonic shields big pull atm is its stat spread and dmg annul, i just donno if its worth grabbing since primes already so good

That was kinda my thinking too. Stage 2 shield is already so strong that it feels likely to be fantastic in final form. I may go back eventually and grab Srivatsa on a future Aeonic run if it retains some niche uses, but I'd like to see where Prime goes first (and PLD is not much of a priority for me anyway). Then again, I guess you could say the same thing for waiting to see what final stage Prime Scythe (or GS) is like...

My thought on Doji is that, even having Masa, Doji has its niche of being great for hybrid WS where they work well, and seems less likely to be replaced for that specific use case. A little different than Anguta being one of several strong physical DPS options for DRK (and rarely, if ever, the optimal choice among that bunch).

Unless, like... you can get some mileage out of Anguta Shadow of Death build or something, as a unique use case? Seems ultra niche at best to me - but I could be wrong, that's why I'm checking with the DRK experts ;)
By Nariont 2023-01-17 21:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, i mean if you're grabbing calad then that covers you pretty well, its just a bit limiting in the ws/sc department but you can easily grab an apoc for scythe utility, but your top 2 there will still be lib or redemption, angutas just currently the next runner up for damage.

And yeah SoD is a small "unique" niche for anguta, wherever thats useful these days
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2023-02-12 11:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

cap fc no weatherspoon no dm, didn't know about these legs to get the last 2% fc

ItemSet 389776
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2023-02-12 12:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Uninformed Statement Follows.

Eschite Cuisses (Path D) might be 'out of date' but they're less so than Enif. I really don't know.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-02-12 12:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Eschite Cuisses (Path D) might be 'out of date' but they're less so than Enif. I really don't know.
Won't cap FC...

Edit: And Enif have never really been out of date.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2023-02-12 12:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was today years old when I learned Enif are 8% (I'm going to blame Ayanmo.)
[+]
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-02-12 17:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
I was today years old when I learned Enif are 8% (I'm going to blame Ayanmo.)

Homam set always seemed like it had a super odd set of classes on it, too, which just makes Ayanmo seem more confusing because of it. Not that I didn't love finally getting some +haste at 75.

Also seems strange that they never went back to fix the text on a lot of those old items. I guess that's work. Or Squenix just really likes that some things are still a "mystery."
 Asura.Zacheus
user: Zacheus
By Asura.Zacheus 2023-02-19 13:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For Absorb spells, the wiki says "It is worth noting that the potency of these spells is not enhanced by Dark Magic Skill. Their accuracy is enhanced by it, and Resisted Absorb spells will be given half duration or have no effect (two-state spells)."

Is there any reason to choose +dark magic skill over flat +macc? Empy body +3 seems like it'd be a better choice than Carmine +1, but I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-19 14:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Magic skill enhances duration, at +1 second (before percentage modifiers) for every 5 skill.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-19 14:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
cap fc no weatherspoon no dm, didn't know about these legs to get the last 2% fc

ItemSet 389776
Alternately, if you don't want to use a non-ilvl piece, you can use Odyssean body (11%)/legs (6%) and a 1% FC Moblin Cest.
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55