Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 53 54 55
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-18 10:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you think the likely hood of stats going to 10 on these? I know the sample size of 2 isn't enough, but both the rdm earring and the drk earring I've seen have +7.
By SimonSes 2022-08-18 10:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure 7 is max, but also wsd can imo goes up to 6, but I'm not sure of that.

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
So basically an Entropy & Insurgency earring.

This earring is bis for any WS you can do on DRK at attack cap and it's the first attack cap swap you should do for WSs where it's not bis for attack uncapped.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-08-18 11:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Pretty sure 7 is max, but also wsd can imo goes up to 6, but I'm not sure of that.

This earring is bis for any WS you can do on DRK at attack cap and it's the first attack cap swap you should do for WSs where it's not bis for attack uncapped.

To be honest, it really doesn't matter. Almost all the physical weaponskill sets on DRK should have some form of PDL in them whether you are attack capped or not.

I did forget Catastrophe though, so thanks for that Cele. :)
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-18 16:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, it really doesn't matter. Almost all the physical weaponskill sets on DRK should have some form of PDL in them whether you are attack capped or not.

I did forget Catastrophe though, so thanks for that Cele. :)

Couldn't understand what you mean exactly. I only meant it's a bis earring even as NQ for pdl set for all WS on DRK and +2 is bis earring for many uncapped attack WSs too.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-08-19 12:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Why? How does PDL help when you are not attack capped?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-19 14:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesn't, unless you're in some weird window where you're over capped and adding PDL raises your cap, but you're no longer at the new cap
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-08-19 14:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »

Why? How does PDL help when you are not attack capped?

Almost all sets have some form of PDL in them whether you are capped or not. Take out the "should" and my point remains the same.

Again, it doesn't matter. It only matters when you are specifically optimizing for a maximum buffs situation. Which is typically the only thing Simon cares about for example.

Either way, anyone with half a brain can figure out which equipment slots gain more (situation dependant) if you are choosing between WSD or PDL. The +2 Earring has both, so... the +2 earring is an obvious upgrade no matter what.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-08-20 18:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand your point, that's why I'm asking. What's with all the emo's on this forum?

If you are not attack capped, 9% PDL on the earring is NOT an "obvious upgrade no matter what" on your WSD. It's actually doing nothing. Why are you making ridiculous statements?

If you are saying, you should be capped attack all the time anyway on anything that matters and who cares on trash mobs... Okay, I guess. At least, "What does it matter if it dies in one WS anyway" would be a better argument than whatever your raving angrily about.

And congrats to Simon, he sure has alot of fanboyz here lol. I guess from now on, I'll direct my questions to the knowledge source and ignore the nonsense.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-08-20 18:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
it doesn't, unless you're in some weird window where you're over capped and adding PDL raises your cap, but you're no longer at the new cap

Thank you for a civilized response. Full disclosure, I already knew that, I just like to read people trying to dig themselves out of holes.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-20 19:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
I don't understand your point, that's why I'm asking. What's with all the emo's on this forum?
His point was that basically any WS set is going to have at least some PDL in it even when not at cap because some pieces are BiS even without the PDL being useful. Most high fTP single hit WSs will have Abyssal +2 neck for the 40 ATK and 25 STR, while most low fTP multi hit WSs will have at least some Sakpata for the high DA and ATK.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2022-08-20 21:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay and I see no reason not to set up a lua toggle that uses Nyame when you know you won't be attack capped and your spamming Torcleaver for example. And obviously there would be redundancy, like JSE neck might be BiS regardless but JSE earring would not be. You weigh every piece on the merits depending on the attributes of the WS.

If its too much effort to have capped versus uncapped attack set, whatever. But misleading blanket generalizations aren't helpful to people who do care.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-08-21 08:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure where I was "raving" but if that's how you want to take my response when I corrected my statement, okay...

Also not sure anyone is a "fan boy" of Simon. Not defending the guy, but plenty of people end up disagreeing with him for various reasons.

Then again, I'm not sure why I come back and post in here when I know my opinion isn't well regarded. /shrug

Anywho, back to debating over minimal gains for the definitive "BiS" sets.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-21 09:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We just can't help ourselves, can we? (myself very included)

I say we spend 24 hours just talking about /lockstyle sets, no real gear talk allowed in terms of function...just a day every now and then to clear the mind and purge the soul.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-21 10:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, it doesn't matter. It only matters when you are specifically optimizing for a maximum buffs situation. Which is typically the only thing Simon cares about for example.

And who exactly put that lies in your head?

I care to find best sets, but for various scenarios. I could posts links to hundreds of posts where I'm discussing uncapped sets or tell you that I was probably the first here who added attack capped and uncapped sets to guide(DNC), but it's pointless anyway, because you will always know better what I care about anyway.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
We just can't help ourselves, can we? (myself very included)

I say we spend 24 hours just talking about /lockstyle sets, no real gear talk allowed in terms of function...just a day every now and then to clear the mind and purge the soul.

I love blue Poroggo Cassock for blue mage, but I forgot what I use to match it in other slots (no access to PC now). I also love Spriggan Coat overall and Tartarus Platemail for DRG (wings and jumps) :)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-21 10:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I get PTSD flashbacks from the Tart Platemail due to a tri-boxer who used to always put his galka geo who /lockstyled the Platemail on /follow on me. Trying to /ra on RNG with giant galka *** and glowy wings blocking all image of your own char sucks^^
 Asura.Zacheus
user: Zacheus
By Asura.Zacheus 2022-08-26 12:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly does the "Set: Attack occ. varies with HP" on the Empy set work? Testing out with 3/5 Heathen's +2 (and earring - not sure if that has any effect on the set bonus), it seemed to rarely double the damage of my swings. Is thinking of it as "Occasionally deals double damage" an over simplification?
By SimonSes 2022-08-26 12:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zacheus said: »
How exactly does the "Set: Attack occ. varies with HP" on the Empy set work? Testing out with 3/5 Heathen's +2 (and earring - not sure if that has any effect on the set bonus), it seemed to rarely double the damage of my swings. Is thinking of it as "Occasionally deals double damage" an over simplification?

Damage % bonus same as your current HP%, so 100% at 100%HP

Generally nothing strong in current powercreep. Even worse that beside head, other +2 empy are meh for TP.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-26 12:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zacheus said: »

Damage % bonus same as your current HP%, so 100% at 100%HP

I know its extremely early in the content, but has any testing been done for any of the Empy+2 sets to see if the proc rate was increased? It was dreadfully low on even the +1 iLvl set, so not holding out hope that it will be something to build sets around, more just a little gravy if your sets happen to be using 2+ pieces.

If the earring will count as part of the set the way the regal earring/rings did, at least it will be easier to get those random moments, I guess.
 Asura.Zacheus
user: Zacheus
By Asura.Zacheus 2022-08-26 12:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can it also proc on WS? Happy to test that later, along with whether the set bonus can be activated with 1 piece + the earring.

As for the proc rate, with 3/5 +2 and the earring, it's still very low.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-26 12:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

no
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-26 13:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Earring would say if it was part of the set bonus, like Regal ring and earring do. Unless you think there might have been a huge typing error repeated 66 times, they don't count.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-26 13:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Earring would say if it was part of the set bonus, like Regal ring and earring do. Unless you think there might have been a huge typing error repeated 66 times, they don't count.
extremely true. But after this summer there's little I put past SE's QA team.
By Kyniker 2022-09-17 00:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Noob question, I'm using Catastrophe and Anguta to kill Locust Scorpions, what skillchains should I be doing? Regarding ws order and steps, I was using Entropy > Cross Reaper > Quietus for Umbra but I don't think I was doing quite enough damage
By SimonSes 2022-09-17 06:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyniker said: »
Noob question, I'm using Catastrophe and Anguta to kill Locust Scorpions, what skillchains should I be doing? Regarding ws order and steps, I was using Entropy > Cross Reaper > Quietus for Umbra but I don't think I was doing quite enough damage

It completely depends on what buffs you have. Entropy ceiling is much higher than Quietus, but it needs far more attack to reach it.

With buffs it would be 2000TP Entropy > Cross Reaper > Entropy for Umbra 3step and Insurgency > Entropy > Cross > Entropy for 4step Umbra and Guillotine > Entropy > Cross > Entropy > Entropy for 5step Umbra.

Without much attack buffs it would be what you were doing 2000TPEntropy > Cross > Quietus or 2000TPEntropy > Quietus > Quietus.

With Apocalypse it would be Cata > Cross > Cata/Quietus for 3step double darkness or the same but start with Insurgency for 4step double darkness.

Another good option for low buffs is using Lycurgos with drain 3 and do Steel Cyclone > Upheaval > Steel Cyclone for 3 step darkness.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-09-29 22:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Happened across a +1 Earring today, Going back and forth between that and Thrud Earring. Seem even the slightest change favors one over the other.

I am assuming of course to keep TP bonus Moonshade in when using Cala.

The only time I am "fully" buffed is in V20 content. Most of the time we are low man and lack full buffs. Guessing I am on the fence with PDL and this is why both earrings seem to tip back and forth with small changes.
By SimonSes 2022-09-30 05:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
Happened across a +1 Earring today, Going back and forth between that and Thrud Earring. Seem even the slightest change favors one over the other.

I am assuming of course to keep TP bonus Moonshade in when using Cala.

The only time I am "fully" buffed is in V20 content. Most of the time we are low man and lack full buffs. Guessing I am on the fence with PDL and this is why both earrings seem to tip back and forth with small changes.

What's your set?
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-09-30 09:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using the PDL Torc set on 1st page - the Sroda ring. Both Sakpata and Nyame are R25
By SimonSes 2022-09-30 10:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
I am using the PDL Torc set on 1st page - the Sroda ring. Both Sakpata and Nyame are R25

Thats your problem then.
With JSE earring, +2 neck and Sroda ring you are at point where adding one Sakpata piece is small damage gain and adding second is damage loss (not to mentioned 3rd). I dont want to post sets before empy+3, but current best PDL set is this:
ItemSet 362873

You could also consider Sakpata legs instead of body (Nyame body then), for slightly less damage, but 20% more skillchain bonus, or just dont use Sakpata at all, because you are gaining like 1~1.5% damage, but you rise required to cap attack ratio from 5.1425 to 5.4825, which is significant.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-11 11:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I had high hopes for head piece getting stop or something but sadly I think my helm dreams are semi dead for tp piece. Didn't get a chance to look into all the stuff but from eye ball its all just gear change pieces or anyone do little number running yet?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-10-11 12:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to quickly updated the OP, there may be some issues so let me know.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 53 54 55