2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » P&R Election Day 2016 Special
P&R Election Day 2016 Special
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25
By fonewear 2016-11-09 17:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
There is a huge amount of ignorance usually when I explain to someone that I'm a feminist.

Equating all feminists to the extremists they heard about is like saying "all Muslims are terrorists" or "all Germans were nazis"

No. extremists don't define the group, lol.

Serious question here. Does everything in your life revolve around that ideology or only when it's convenient for making an argument ?

Can you objectively view feminism as an idea in an abstract form that it might not be the best thing for women ?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-11-09 17:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough. I just don't like the idea of any group of people speaking on my behalf. So I can't join any movement that would have me be a part of it. And no FFXIAH is not a movement. Much as some people think it is !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-09 17:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I would make an exception to be part of the Hells Angels though. I mean you get a pretty sweet jacket.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-11-09 17:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I would make an exception to be part of the Hells Angels though. I mean you get a pretty sweet jacket.

They are called cuts you noob. Get back on your scooter.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 17:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Last thing you need is just being conservative and told you're a racist or some ***because of it.
And yet, we see it with every news article about conservatives and/or Trump.

We see it with every post made by Candlejack and his kind.

We hear it from the hipsters we know, either by birth, by work, or just because we happen to share the same space at the same time.

It's everywhere, and ignoring it isn't going to solve that problem.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-11-09 17:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
Heading to NYC on Saturday with work. Can't wait to be greeted by the emboldened Trump fans.
In previous times I just pretended to be Mexican and learnt some spanish slang...but I'm not interested in hard labor, building a wall.

So I guess my default go to is Spanish?

God help me - they (trumpers) were pretty vocal before trump won... its probably going to be like "The Purge" now..
New York's still blue as the sky, as far as I know. Just keep your head down and you should be alright.

Gotta correct you. NYC is blue as the sky. I am in Upstate NY we red as blood up here.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 17:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This might help:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 18:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised that Bexar County (San Antonio) turned red this year.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-11-09 18:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I am really interested to see who he chooses for his cabinet positions, because thats who he is going to have run the country, along with Mike Pence. So far I just did a google search and saw names like Newt Gingrich as secretary of state, priebus as chief of staff, giulani as AG, and none of those are good choices.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-09 18:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I am really interested to see who he chooses for his cabinet positions, because thats who he is going to have run the country, along with Mike Pence. So far I just did a google search and saw names like Newt Gingrich as secretary of state, priebus as chief of staff, giulani as AG, and none of those are good choices.

I doubt you'll be consulted as nobody in republicantopia cares what you think.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-09 18:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

They are called cuts you noob. Get back on your scooter.

Not all of us are in biker gangs !
By fonewear 2016-11-09 18:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing he will go with walnut cabinets personally...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-11-09 18:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
And bear in mind, by "voice his opinions to his own family", I mean do so behind closed doors with express understanding it doesn't leave the house the next morning. No sense in both the hubby and wife losing their jobs because she spouts off at the water cooler about the griping he did the night before.

Ok, then why are you voicing your opinion in public? Who decides what is and is not ok to talk about in public? Offence isn't given, it is taken, and you can't fix a hole in the floor by hiding it under a rug.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be expressing your opinion, quite the opposite. Sharing your opinion in public helps people build a good picture of the type of person you really are, and helps them make an informed judgement on your character.

People (All people) are either free to follow/express their own beliefs, or they are not. You can't have 1 rule for some and a different rule for the others. Well, you can, but that's called inequallity. It's a hard pill to swallow, but if you truly believe in free speech and equallity, then you must apply it to everyone equally, regardless of what they believe.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-09 19:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
People (All people) are either free to follow/express their own beliefs, or they are not. You can't have 1 rule for some and a different rule for the others. Well, you can, but that's called inequallity. It's a hard pill to swallow, but if you truly believe in free speech and equallity, then you must apply it to everyone equally, regardless of what they believe.

Except we have exactly that already. Liberals are allowed to bash on poor white males all day yet if anything is said about it "check your privilege you racist white shitlord" comes up.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-11-09 19:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So, allowing people to abuse others is equality.

Got it.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-09 19:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »

Except we have exactly that already. Liberals are allowed to bash on poor white males all day yet if anything is said about it "check your privilege you racist white shitlord" comes up.
Those aren't liberals, those are SJWs.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-11-09 19:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmm, I love a feels induced rant from the feels hater himself. ***gives me life.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2016-11-09 19:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25