First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 49 50 51
 Asura.Jokes
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-04-05 13:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Archknight said: »
hey trying to find an impact build that would work with just the Twilight cloak and couldn't find one. Is it possible to get impact to land for any meaningful duration with just the twilight cloak or am i wasting my time casting it. Mind you this is on end game content. (sortie bosses, ongo) Any advise would be helpful.

With the usual build other than twilight instead of crep, it will land on basically everything, likely for full duration. Ongo you Elemental Seal.
 Asura.Archknight
By Asura.Archknight 2023-04-18 21:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What does the usual set look like with the new empy+3 sets out. Everything i have seen is only up to empy +2? Thanks bye the way for responding ^^

Currently using this
sets.midcast.Impact = {main="Marin staff +1",sub="Enki Strap",ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head=empty,neck="Src. Stole +1",ear1="Malignance Earring",ear2="Wicce Earring +1"(with +12 macc),
body="Twilight Cloak",hands="Wicce gloves +3",ring1="Stikini Ring +1",ring2="Metamor. Ring +1",
back="Aurist's cape +1",waist="Acuity Belt +1",legs="Wicce Chausses +3",feet="Archmage's sabots +3"}

Im master level 17 so not very high but am i missing something when i cast it on sortie bosses it literally only last for like 15 secs lmao. With Elemental Seal ><
By Nehot 2023-04-19 08:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What does the usual set look like with the new empy+3 sets out. Everything i have seen is only up to empy +2? Thanks bye the way for responding ^^

Currently using this
sets.midcast.Impact = {main="Marin staff +1",sub="Enki Strap",ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head=empty,neck="Src. Stole +1",ear1="Malignance Earring",ear2="Wicce Earring +1"(with +12 macc),
body="Twilight Cloak",hands="Wicce gloves +3",ring1="Stikini Ring +1",ring2="Metamor. Ring +1",
back="Aurist's cape +1",waist="Acuity Belt +1",legs="Wicce Chausses +3",feet="Archmage's sabots +3"}

Im master level 17 so not very high but am i missing something when i cast it on sortie bosses it literally only last for like 15 secs lmao. With Elemental Seal ><

Mpaca's staff has better Macc, Src. stole +2, thats really all you can upgrade. But also what enemies are you using Impact on? I even use the upgraded cloak and my Impact only lasts 15-20 secs on the E/F bosses so I only use Impact on the G/H bosses which I can get full duration. You dont "need" to land Impact on all the bosses but it does help even for any amount of duration. Dont forget Burn!!!! (which you cant land on the F boss anyway lol)
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-04-19 12:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

G boss is the the one ive noticed a large "impact" on with Impact
 Asura.Archknight
By Asura.Archknight 2023-04-19 21:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah trying to see if its worth upgrading those and getting the upgraded cloak to land it for more time but doesn't sound like its worth it.....im trying to land it on ongo v15+ and the basement bosses in sortie which on E boss its sticks but all of the rest last for 10-15 seconds if that......frustrating they give you this great spell that reduces the mobs stats by 20% and then make it last 15 secs really ><....lol
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-04-20 03:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah trying to see if its worth upgrading those and getting the upgraded cloak to land it for more time but doesn't sound like its worth it.....im trying to land it on ongo v15+ and the basement bosses in sortie which on E boss its sticks but all of the rest last for 10-15 seconds if that......frustrating they give you this great spell that reduces the mobs stats by 20% and then make it last 15 secs really ><....lol
Its pretty much gonna be the same amount of time on those bosses the stuff just doesn't stick long just need to get a sc off during that time for a nuke. It's like putting burn on targets if you can get it to land and stay its great but not worth spamming to still not land it. It's why when some players on this forum was screaming for people to impact everything you could tell they never used the spell lol. I wish it lasted longer without on meaningful stuff but this SE.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Archknight
By Asura.Archknight 2023-05-23 16:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I have another question.....is it worth meriting AM and casting them. Does anyone actually see the difference in damage?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-23 17:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I have another question.....is it worth meriting AM and casting them. Does anyone actually see the difference in damage?

assuming you're talking about the changed merit categories of "Ancient Magic MAB" and "Ancient Magic MB Dmg." (as the specific merited spells were removed for RDM, BLM, and BRD). My concern has always been what am I giving up to get those?

And for me, that means giving up "Elemental Magic Debuff Potency" and "Elemental Magic Accuracy"....two things I really have a hard time letting go of. I'd have to see that fully meriting those 2 Ancient Magic categories results in nukes that out-do T6s easily. Right now, I can easily rotate T6, T5, and -aja spells on timers without waits, and the damage is quite sufficient.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-05-23 18:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I’d like to put 10/10 debuffs potency!! Get that dINT down!!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-23 18:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

Always wished that SE had given us more merits to spend in total on those categories, but leaving the "per item" cap at 5 with the introduction of Master Levels.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2023-05-23 23:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

what's the set for the elemental debuffs? been working on mine trying to figure out what might be missing
ItemSet 391355
By Pantafernando 2023-05-24 18:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the videos of people doing Sortie with mage strat, would I be happy investing on my BLM?

There is still time to master one or two jobs before campaign ends
By Pantafernando 2023-06-20 04:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Without AM2 does laev stand a chance against a complete Marin+1?

Im doing laev trial because somehow mule had the base weapon, but looking at stats, most of important ones are beaten by matin (INT andslightly less MAB)

Laev pulls ahead with magic dmg but im not sure how that affect high tier nukes.

So i guess, only reason to use laev is if im ready to AM2?
VIP
By Lili 2023-06-20 04:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Please note that, no matter what the result here might be, Vidohunir is one of very few sources of magic defense down that players have available (the other two are Geomancy Malaise and Blue Magic Benthic Typhoon). So by applying AM2 you're double dipping on that delicious, delicious mdef-.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-20 07:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

Please note that, no matter what the result here might be, Vidohunir is one of very few sources of magic defense down that players have available (the other two are Geomancy Malaise and Blue Magic Benthic Typhoon). So by applying AM2 you're double dipping on that delicious, delicious mdef-.

*Cough*
Shatter Soul.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-20 08:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Laev pulls ahead with magic dmg but im not sure how that affect high tier nukes.

Depending on the nuke tier and target, 1 dINT is the same as 2~7 MDMG. The higher the tier the stronger the effect, Stone element gets the strongest effect, Thunder element the weakest.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Magic_Damage#D:_INT-adjusted_Base_Damage

Giant list of all the nukes and their respective dINT tiers. Which weapon is "better" is going to heavily rely on target and buffs / debuffs.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-06-20 08:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
*Cough*
Shatter Soul.

While a valid point, shatter soul caps at 120 seconds, where as vido would be a bit longer due to likely having more than exactly 2k tp. So the duration increase is a happy secondary effect of getting your AM up.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-20 08:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
*Cough*
Shatter Soul.

While a valid point, shatter soul caps at 120 seconds, where as vido would be a bit longer due to likely having more than exactly 2k tp. So the duration increase is a happy secondary effect of getting your AM up.

They have the same duration (or SS is longer), the wiki just doesn't have accurate info on TP scaling for Shatter Soul. The original testing back in 2013 didn't take into account the WS's poor magic accuracy, which was fixed in 2017. I actually think the 2 and 3K durations are longer and closer to 3~4 minutes, but nobody cared enough to test again.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-06-20 09:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So, legitimately asking, the tool tip that says it's 2 mins across all ranks isn't accurate?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-20 09:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
So, legitimately asking, the tool tip that says it's 2 mins across all ranks isn't accurate?

Yes it's not accurate and was based on testing when the WS was MACC glitched. The TP scaling for the WS is it's duration.
By Dodik 2023-06-20 09:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
the other two are Geomancy Malaise and Blue Magic Benthic Typhoon

Also, gambit. Quick draw of burst element is also straight dmg bonus rather than mdef-.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-06-20 10:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue magic tearing gust -30mdb favorite of all bumby v25 runs
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-20 11:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Another burst question:

If i burst like thunder and fire nukes with 2 different BLMs, thunder and fire will have separate walls?

Aka, if both Thundaja and Firaja are casted at near same time, both will be at 100%?

Thanks
 Carbuncle.Slib
Server: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-06-20 11:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Another burst question:

If i burst like thunder and fire nukes with 2 different BLMs, thunder and fire will have separate walls?

Aka, if both Thundaja and Firaja are casted at near same time, both will be at 100%?

Thanks

Nuke wall affects all elements. If Thundaja and Firaja are casted at the same time, one will be 100% and the other would be less.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-06-20 13:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuke wall also lasts 5sec, it's possible to time nukes at end of the window, assuming first burst was right at start, to get full damage.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-20 15:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, wondering which would lead to higher dps: if going 2x BLM 1x SCH (higher output) or 1x BLM 2xSCH (higher frequency)
 Carbuncle.Slib
Server: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-06-20 15:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, wondering which would lead to higher dps: if going 2x BLM 1x SCH (higher output) or 1x BLM 2xSCH (higher frequency)

Depends on how long the fight lasts.

Black Mage can also contribute to skillchaining reliably well and is recommended to open since closing a helix extends skillchain duration over a weaponskill.

Double Black Mage also brings faster damage output with a quicker build if Aja damage buff for all players involved.

If this is in reference to Sortie content, you're probably getting max value doing RDM SCH and BLM (1 of each). Red Mage's Red Lotus Blade after Immanence Stone is insanely powerful, dealing over 100k damage combined. They can also Savage Blade to close light after fusion and then RUN can close double light with dimi. Basically this would look like Immanence Stone > Red Lotus Blade > Immanence Ionohelix > Savage Blade > Dimi

For darkness, you can do Wild Fire > CDC (Red Mage) > Wild Fire for double darkness. No stratas needed there and Scholar can focus on damage 100% using ebulliences. It also makes it neat to be able to Magic Burst either Earth or Ice on B / F boss without having to start over when modes change.
[+]
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-06-21 11:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Slib said: »
Another burst question:

Thanks

Nuke wall affects all elements. If Thundaja and Firaja are casted at the same time, one will be 100% and the other would be less.

So I posited this to my LS last night because I wasn't sure about this response, is there any confirmation that it pertains to all magic, and not the specific element cast? We've been operating under the assumption that it's like the WS wall, and only pertains to repeated elements like weapon skills.

We have witnessed many times in events like omen, dynamis, and sortie that subsequent magic damage from the same element is nerfed, but we specifically have people slit elements to improve damage when possible, and the numbers don't match if this applies to all magic damage. I will try to find a situation to do more testing, but there isn't an abundance of opportunities to utilize mages these days, and more to the point, there's less opportunity to have a group of blms to compare numbers with, especially considering normal exp mobs are not subject to this wall.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-21 11:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Consecutive Elemental Damage Penalty

Also known as the "Nuke Wall", there is a penalty applied to any elemental magic cast on a monster for 5 seconds after that first instance.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-06-21 12:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 95% sure that the nuke wall is per element.

For example when doing SMN burn Aeonics, I remember we'd always split our SMNs for Sarsaok. Half would use Fenrir's Impact, the other half would use Titan's Geocrush. We saw much higher damage this way than if all SMNs use the same avatar.

If it was global instead of per element, then SCH casting for skillchains would be pumping up the wall and I'm pretty sure SCH would be far less popular for manaburn parties.

Edit: In fact, you can actually see some of this in practice. A common tactic for Sortie lately is to do a 3-step Fusion using Thunder>Pyrohelix>Ionohelix. Pyrohelix closes Liquefaction, and also walls fire, so the first few MBs on the Liquefaction actually get walled by the SCH closing the skillchain. This doesn't happen if the SCH closes with a different element than what's being bursted.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 49 50 51