Link | Quote | Reply

Nehot said: »
Asura.Warmoose said: »
Nehot said: »
BLM Free nuke
ItemSet 389565

BLM MB
ItemSet 389564

Is the only reason you have relic head in freenuke over empy because the +4 MAB?

Empy
INT+39/macc61/mab51/Elemental magic skill +35

vs.

Relic
INT+34/macc45/mab55/elemental mag skill +21

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
Is the only reason you have relic head in freenuke over empy because the +4 MAB?

He said that this is the set he's currently using, not that it's best in slot. He probably just doesn't have the other alternatives in his wardrobe yet, and he already admitted to not having cleared veng 25 Ongo so Rank 30 agwu's is not something he can use right now. Wicce Petasos +3 and R25+ Agwu's cap are both better than Relic +3 hat, just like Wicce Gloves +3 and R25+ Agwu's gloves are straight upgrades to relic gloves. He also has Spaekona's coat +3 listed in the body, and we all know that's a situational swap. Most of his slots are BiS but those two slots, as well as the earring which he mentioned, are not. The actual BiS earring choices are Wicce earring +2 and Malignance earring btw.... but we all know how random sortie +2 earrings are so the de-facto goal is still malignance/regal.

If I recall correctly I was more focused on getting my MB set up to par with what I can over my free nuke set, and once I got the body/legs/feet I moved on to other empy gear I needed for v25 clears. I checked before I left for work this morning and I do have the empy head and gloves +3 now I guess I just forgot to plug them into the sets. That being said I am still capping MB in Sortie bosses even in free nuke set, like Melliny said once you start doing stupidly high damage minor tweaks have less of an impact, and honestly the only reason I swap to MB sets in Sortie is to hit the cap more frequently as my group has 4 people nuking at a time. Ether way when I get home this evening I will swap the empy head and agwu gloves into my free nuke set. Thank you for catching that cause I may not have noticed till my group started working on Ongo (currently on Kalunga). If there is anything else I can upgrade (minus the blasted Regal/Wicce earrings) please let me know.

Makes sense. Ill be honest i didnt read the page in its entirety, but was just curious incase i missed something. Otherwise, our sets are along the same thought process. I'm just split between Ea+1 hat/agwu's cap atm in MB set.

Id imagine while being overcapped does you nothing the 1st MB of a SC, its probably still something to consider for your walled/follow on MBs. But generally under rayke, I'm still seeing multiple 99k nukes even under the MB wall(rayke/geo/etc), atleast in sortie.
By Nehot 2023-01-25 11:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
S-E has given us some really nice pieces to work with lately. I'm really happy with it.

SE gets ZERO credit in my book for the Sortie Earring given to us. I find it an absolute insult that many jobs see vast improvements or at least high functionality with their NQ earring, and most see this with the +1 version....yet BLM is among a small collection of jobs where its "+2 or NPC it".

Even in the rare instance you get a blm +2 its not even bis until 10+ int lol, you could get a +7 int and have to npc it anyway.

Asura.Warmoose said: »

Makes sense. Ill be honest i didnt read the page in its entirety, but was just curious incase i missed something. Otherwise, our sets are along the same thought process. I'm just split between Ea+1 hat/agwu's cap atm in MB set.

Id imagine while being overcapped does you nothing the 1st MB of a SC, its probably still something to consider for your walled/follow on MBs. But generally under rayke, I'm still seeing multiple 99k nukes even under the MB wall(rayke/geo/etc), atleast in sortie.

I can see the argument for agwu r25 over EA hat +1 especially if you run sortie while not being haste capped and having the extra fast cast can help a lot. Honestly if you are still hitting multiple capped damage in a single burst then keep rolling.
[+]
 Asura.Gashnir
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bursto
By Asura.Gashnir 2023-01-27 23:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Death seems to be the burst of choice for Aminon strats, but amalric is pretty old. What would a more up to date death and meteor sets look like or what are people who have fought it using? Thanks for any information.
By Vishwambhari 2023-01-28 04:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gashnir said: »
Death seems to be the burst of choice for Aminon strats, but amalric is pretty old. What would a more up to date death and meteor sets look like or what are people who have fought it using? Thanks for any information.
Death is quite atypical as you may know, since it is not affected by dInt and therefore does not benefit as much from stacking INT (at least damage wise).
As a reference, the damage formula for death is: floor(((Consumed MP x 3) + min(32, Magic Damage)) x (Magic Attack Bonus/Target Magic Defense Bonus)).
You should be good stacking affinity, MP and MAB (plus MBB if bursting). Amalric +1 is still very solid as it is packed with both MP and MAB, at least until resists become a problem.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46