users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 141 142 143
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2020-02-09 23:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Anyone else notice that Dia’s DOT Effect has increased substantially?

Dia III’d an Akbaba outside of Holla Crag with Daybreak for shiggles to see how much Dia could “Nuke” for. Did 52 Damage. But the odd part was that the Akbaba took roughly that same chunk of damage as a DOT til dead on 4th tic.

Did it again with Dia I and the Spell did 10 Damage but the DOT was that same 50ish.

So... the formula for DOT Changed to match Bio’s maybe? Enfeeb Skill instead of Dark Skill? idk.

I doubt the information is useful just surprised to watch a mob melt by Dia when it’s traditionally a 1 HP/tic effect.

Update the BG-Wiki if anyone cares I guess or something lol.

What gear do you cast Dia in? Enfeebling effect+ adds to the dot damage.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2020-02-09 23:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

the DoT effect is increased by +enfeebling effect gear, and each tier of dia has always added another point of DoT damage
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-10 04:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe that’s what’s going on then. Not at my computer to confirm. Also the potencies are listed as +X Percentage? 1 x 1.5 = 1.5 per tic? Or for Dia it’s just a flat increase more likely.

My Dia’s are largely just Enfeebling Duration stuff though like Kishar Ring.

There’s nothing listed for it on BG so was just curious was all.

Thanks for looking into it.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-10 05:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe that’s what’s going on then. Not at my computer to confirm. Also the potencies are listed as +X Percentage? 1 x 1.5 = 1.5 per tic? Or for Dia it’s just a flat increase more likely.
It's 1 DMG per 1 potency. I'll update wiki at some point. So with all gear you could be adding +54/tick to base. Excluding Saboteur I never checked if that also buffed it.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2020-02-10 07:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
It's 1 DMG per 1 potency. I'll update wiki at some point. So with all gear you could be adding +54/tick to base. Excluding Saboteur I never checked if that also buffed it.

The Dia III page mentions the DOT increase. As far as Saboteur it doubles the base DOT damage and then the damage from Enfeebling effect+ is added unless they changed it in the past 2 years.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-02-10 09:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 371320

Tryin to work out how i see these other rdms dropping beefy *** Seraph blades in the 30k range. i'm using my ghetto Croc because im still not ready to afford 150m lol.

But the augments are what youd expect - all MND/MAB/MAD/WSD where appliciable. Viti sword is at R18 atm, so its not too far off of the Croc's end damage on Elemental + iirc its like 70% atm or somthing right now? its pretty up there.

All i ever see, is at most 10k damage at 300 TP...

Any ideas on what i'm missing?

I'm thinking Kubi > Baetyl, Shiva > karyieh (need baylds to change), but what else?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-10 09:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Orpheus's sash, same as for Sanguine Blade.
probably amalric nails +1, it's got over 20 matk more than Jhakri with the other pieces you're using..
duelist's torque +2 might be somewhat good.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-02-10 10:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Orpheus's sash, same as for Sanguine Blade.
probably amalric nails +1, it's got over 20 matk more than Jhakri with the other pieces you're using..
duelist's torque +2 might be somewhat good.

hopin to get lucky this campaign and get at least two orpheuses >_> i plan on living 24/7 in that nyzul campaign lol. One orpheus buys my croc, and the other finishes my sets.

I've just gotta finish scrounging up the rest of my gil for the amalric feet, and that will be done.
By tyalangan 2020-02-10 10:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
least two orpheuses

Oh, sweet summer child!

I know you’re joking but 0/300+ Aman runs. I have received all other Aman specific gear, however, so it could have equally replaced one of those unless it has a higher rarity which I doubt. Just giving you an idea of its rarity which is the partial reason for its cost.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-10 11:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not impossible, but super GL to that. Also don't forget that Keys (Gobbie, Annv) can also give a shot at the sash (and the ring), though it's just as rare as NNI. You'll also see a bunch of people selling orbs in a few days, so you can gamble by buying a few if you're daring, or you can save your silvers for your own farming. Or if someone in your LS does mass orbs, you can ask him/her to look out for you if they happen to get a sash. Maybe they give you a discount for a short sale.

Plenty of ways to get a sash without paying the price, but you are literally looking for a needle in a haystack. So I wouldn't hold my breath on NNI. I still havent seen a pulse weapon in hundreds of runs, but finally got the table last campaign in about as many.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-02-10 11:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Plenty of ways to get a sash without paying the price, but you are literally looking for a needle in a haystack

To agree and piggy-back off of this if you have a lot of time to play the game you will most-likely come ahead farming gil specifically for the sash rather than farming Nyzul. Gain-EXP and Omen Swarts, alone, could get it before the Nyzul campaign ends
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-02-10 12:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 371320

Tryin to work out how i see these other rdms dropping beefy *** Seraph blades in the 30k range. i'm using my ghetto Croc because im still not ready to afford 150m lol.

But the augments are what youd expect - all MND/MAB/MAD/WSD where appliciable. Viti sword is at R18 atm, so its not too far off of the Croc's end damage on Elemental + iirc its like 70% atm or somthing right now? its pretty up there.

All i ever see, is at most 10k damage at 300 TP...

Any ideas on what i'm missing?

I'm thinking Kubi > Baetyl, Shiva > karyieh (need baylds to change), but what else?

Karieyh isn’t the go to ring for seraph from adoulin. You’ll want the Weatherspoon ring for that purpose. Less you actually play other jobs that benefit.

I use the below set minus the crown as caitsith has seen fit to not allow me to have it yet;
ItemSet 368525

Currently running with a mediocre Merlinic Hood. I highly dislike the whole oseem system so I personally avoid it like the plague.

I get mid 40k range in dynamis w3 usually.

The affinity granted by the sash, ring, and club can’t be stressed enough for seraphs.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-02-10 15:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »

Karieyh isn’t the go to ring for seraph from adoulin. You’ll want the Weatherspoon ring for that purpose. Less you actually play other jobs that benefit.

I use the below set minus the crown as caitsith has seen fit to not allow me to have it yet;
ItemSet 368525

Currently running with a mediocre Merlinic Hood. I highly dislike the whole oseem system so I personally avoid it like the plague.

I get mid 40k range in dynamis w3 usually.

The affinity granted by the sash, ring, and club can’t be stressed enough for seraphs.

i have almost all of that- just missing the orpheus/crown/baetyl/nails/croc.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-02-10 16:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i have almost all of that- just missing the orpheus/crown/baetyl/nails/croc.

lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-02-11 08:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont LOL at my pain ;_;
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-11 08:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you're missing the entire focus of the set.
D:
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-11 09:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Plenty of ways to get a sash without paying the price, but you are literally looking for a needle in a haystack

To agree and piggy-back off of this if you have a lot of time to play the game you will most-likely come ahead farming gil specifically for the sash rather than farming Nyzul. Gain-EXP and Omen Swarts, alone, could get it before the Nyzul campaign ends

Quite true, but nothing to prevent both. Gain-EXP is only 12 hours per WEEK, and farming Omen for swarts is also time-gated. NNI campaign can be a great way to farm not only a shot at an Orpheus Sash, but also a good way to farm T4 ZNM pops and trophies. And if you have no need for the pops can always do one of two things, both that earn solid gil- sell the trophies via shout to those building mythics by popping the mob with them in party and letting them have the trophy, or building Pandemonium Warden popsets for Mulcibar's Scoria- if you've got at least 3/5 Malignance gear and solid (not BiS) sets, he's an absolute joke for a RDM these days.

I spam the hell out of NNI during the campaigns. You get a good amount of pretty much anything. I average about 60k+ worth of NPC sellables, 1-3 Cotton Pouches and 1 Linen Pouch, plus a decent handful of T2-T4 ZNM pops. Not to mention when you're spamming 4-6 runs per night (2-3 hours), you can easily get the 150k tokens needed to make a mythic in one campaign. No, its not as fast as regular lv75 Nyzul, but considering the "typical" drops plus the chance at a lottery win, its not a bad side benefit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-11 09:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

NNI is one of the best campaigns by far. Basically can print your own money. ??? items are basically gobbie keys/AMAN trove without the bodies/hands. The ability to pool Pulse weapons, tables, etc is extremely useful, since you can also yell in town for buyers. In addition to Cele's post, you can sell T4 pops as either trophies or clears (or both). You can also send them to yourself and wait til the campaign ends to pop them all. They are also mule sendable. You'll walk away with literally thousands of alexandrite from doing NNI.

So while you might not ever see an Orpheus's sash from the event, you should be able to farm up 100M fairl easily for one (200M is a no for me dawg).

(i derailed away from RDM ; ;)
[+]
 Odin.Nehalania
Server: Odin
user: Nehalania
By Odin.Nehalania 2020-02-11 10:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind farming for the sash, but sheesh the prices on Odin and Asura are insane. 200 mil for Orpheus's Sash. I like it, just probably not that much. ^^;
By Pantafernando 2020-02-11 10:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

??? items are basically gobbie keys/AMAN trove without the bodies/hands

Thats almost like a hot dog without sausage...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-11 10:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If bodies and regal hands came from nni there would be no other reason to spam any other event in the game during the campaigns. Unlimited access to omen bodies, t4 pops, pulses Sounds like my kind of event but definitely broken
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-11 10:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

I can get close to 70 boxes in 4 runs. I dont' think I can get 70 Mars or Venus orbs per day.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-11 10:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

I can get close to 70 boxes in 4 runs. I dont' think I can get 70 Mars or Venus orbs per day.

BLU solo farming or what?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-11 10:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »

BLU solo farming or what?

BLM. I go w/ Claustrum for crazy Refresh AM. I don't have a BLU built- it would be the better choice due to being able to run @18% w/o Schneddick Ring and also having AoE spells.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-11 10:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How many tokens did you get?

Personally I think tokens are the only reason that would make me halt my current schedule to farm NNI
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-11 10:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a floor 80 run solo before I had to warp out (Count Dracula dude doomed me). Didn't even get the 10min mark message, but i got lucky. 1997 Tokens.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-11 10:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's honestly been forever since I've done NNI (never done the NNI campaign) and I realize this isn't the thread for it, but while we're on the topic:

What floor to start on?
What floor to exit on?
How do you do lamp floors solo?
Just AOE every mob on each floor?
Anything else I should know?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-11 10:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Read up on it here:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Nyzul_Isle_Uncharted_Area_Survey

BTW it's not officially called NNI, we just call it that since its part duece xD

deets:
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-11 10:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

NNI you always start on first floor. You can choose what floor to stop though.

You want to end in a boss floor (20, 40, 60, 80 or 100) because bosses has garanteed box +2 drop, which has more quality rewards.

All lamp floors are easy but order. Youre basically screwed with order.

You AoE if you actually need them dead otherwise just put some DT gear plus movement speed then walk to where you need to go.

All NM drops the boxes to be appraised by random gear. All floor you have the option to jump a random amount of floors or just a single floor. You choose random amount if you are too far from a boss floor otherwise its worth jumping one by one to force encounter (for example youre in the floor 18 so its worth doing 2 jumps with 1 floor to get the floor 20 boss.

Tokens are rewarded for floor cleared so you can just set to 100 and try to do as many as you can. Another strat is to set floor 20 or 40 so you will always do quick runs for 1 or 2 +2 boxes per run.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-11 11:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You are not screwed with order, you just have to use your combination skills.

Find a lamp

always turn it on the moment you find it. type 1/ 2/ 3/ for every lamp so you know how many you've hit and at which spot. There can never ben any more than 5 and no less than 3, so if lamps start lighting after a few seconds on your 3rd, you know there are only 3 lamps(you can use descriptions like 1/near bend 2/near bhoot 3/in skeleton room etc).

repeat until all lamps are turned on

wait 5 seconds after last lamp is hit

After all lamps are lit, retrace your path and view which lamps have been turned on. The ones that are still on are the ones in the "right" spot of the order.

Play around with other unlit lamps/combinations until you figure it out. You can put in chat something like "3 is lit, 5 is not". This makes it easy to know which ones you need to fix.Takes 5min at worse unless you get fuct on a horrible floor (like don't detect archaic gears), in which case you may be fuct

protip: bring monsters to each lamp. sleep them, and then click the lamp to light it. It drops your hate, but they will remain slept. If you do this, you can easily identify which lamp is which if you write down in chat which lamp # each one is with something like "skeleton is lamp 2".

tip#2: remember the direction you went and your relation to the rune (use your chat to write like Rune is East, started West, 1st lamp etc etc). this helps with backtracking to the rune or problem lamps much easier when you need to find them
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 141 142 143