Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 141 142 143
 Bahamut.Bixlow
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sme1498
By Bahamut.Bixlow 2020-02-05 19:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently working on building out my TP/WS sets now that I've got Crocea, what should the augments on the Sucello's Cape be for Sanguine Blade? I'm assuming something like INT/ACC&ATT/WSD?
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-02-05 20:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bixlow said: »
I'm currently working on building out my TP/WS sets now that I've got Crocea, what should the augments on the Sucello's Cape be for Sanguine Blade? I'm assuming something like INT/ACC&ATT/WSD?

MND, Macc, Mdmg, WSD

Crocea favors MND over INT, any other sword would benefit from the INT
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-02-05 20:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
Asura.Vanixim said: »
Tp sets on there is a wip and some sets are missing still

Hey Nuance, thank you for sharing your node (albeit inadvertently); once I saw your tank set, I knew you'd be the front-runner for RDM min-maxers everywhere.

Had a question: I noticed that on one of your FC sets, you have a FC set that considers Crocea Mors in the first slot; do you mind sharing the script for how that would work? I assume based on the weapon and sub you have equipped, the LUA draws from different FC sets. Makes sense, because then you'd be able to cast in full DT.

Thanks in advance.

I can when I’m home from work yeah.

Just put this in your precast area or w/e;
Code
sets.precast.FC['Crocea Mors'] = { }

And just throw this at the bottom of your lua somewhere;
Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if sets.precast.FC[player.equipment.main] and spell.action_type == "Magic" then
        equip(sets.precast.FC[player.equipment.main])
    end
end

For those of you with NQ or HQ versions just change the crocea mors in the sets.precast.FC['Crocea Mors'] to whatever.
[+]
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-02-06 00:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Tp sets on there is a wip and some sets are missing still

Hey Nuance, thank you for sharing your node (albeit inadvertently); once I saw your tank set, I knew you'd be the front-runner for RDM min-maxers everywhere.

Had a question: I noticed that on one of your FC sets, you have a FC set that considers Crocea Mors in the first slot; do you mind sharing the script for how that would work? I assume based on the weapon and sub you have equipped, the LUA draws from different FC sets. Makes sense, because then you'd be able to cast in full DT.

Thanks in advance.

I can when I’m home from work yeah.

Just put this in your precast area or w/e;
Code
sets.precast.FC['Crocea Mors'] = { }

And just throw this at the bottom of your lua somewhere;
Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if sets.precast.FC[player.equipment.main] and spell.action_type == "Magic" then
        equip(sets.precast.FC[player.equipment.main])
    end
end

For those of you with NQ or HQ versions just change the crocea mors in the sets.precast.FC['Crocea Mors'] to whatever.

You are awesome, thank you kind sir!
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-02-06 02:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Utterly ridiculous. TBH more impressed than the Ou solo.

RDM can officially solo all of Omen.
[+]
By Nariont 2020-02-06 06:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious if AAHM has some kind of unique DT, from what i recall watching him stream attempts fullers always did round 2290 rather than the full 2500
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-06 07:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen has the worst music.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-02-06 08:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how RDM can solo Kyou outside of trust campaign with the reraise active.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-06 08:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

MND, Macc, Mdmg, WSD

Not quite. At least for Sanguine. +30 MND adds +15 to base damage, which is multiplied out by the fTP into +41 damage (there's flooring).

Whereas Sanguine's ΔSTAT term being ΔINT*2, +30 INT adds +60 damage (I can't see a way where you would ever be under the enemy's INT).

You can really see how much more potent INT is for Sanguine over MND thanks to Gain-INT and Gain-MND.

Seraph Blade, on the other hand, lacks a ΔSTAT term. So only STR and MND works for that one, as both are 40% stat mods.
By SimonSes 2020-02-06 08:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok finally, the best player I know is back with new video :)
Enjoy :O

[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-02-06 08:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

MND, Macc, Mdmg, WSD

Not quite. At least for Sanguine. +30 MND adds +15 to base damage, which is multiplied out by the fTP into +41 damage (there's flooring).

Whereas Sanguine's ΔSTAT term being ΔINT*2, +30 INT adds +60 damage (I can't see a way where you would ever be under the enemy's INT).

You can really see how much more potent INT is for Sanguine over MND thanks to Gain-INT and Gain-MND.

Seraph Blade, on the other hand, lacks a ΔSTAT term. So only STR and MND works for that one, as both are 40% stat mods.
MND outdamaged INT in my testing a while back. Don't think anything has changed. (for Crocea specifically)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-06 08:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

MND, Macc, Mdmg, WSD

It has been shown repeatedly that when you are using Crocea Mors, MND is much more potent than INT on a point for point basis. Something about the +100% Elemental Weaponskill Damage not factoring the INT or something.

INT is better IF you don't have Crocea Mors.
By SimonSes 2020-02-06 08:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Afaik Crocea's double elemental WS damage is actually doubling fTP of the WS, so that 41 becomes 82 (and INT potency stays the same, because it's not multiplied by fTP), so 1MND beats 1INT.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-02-06 10:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Not sure how RDM can solo Kyou outside of trust campaign with the reraise active.

might be possible to pull it off by dia tagging with saboteur right before the 10k needles, reraising, then re-engaging? dia III under sabo should be a minimum of six mins?
By SimonSes 2020-02-06 11:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »

might be possible to pull it off by dia tagging with saboteur right before the 10k needles, reraising, then re-engaging? dia III under sabo should be a minimum of six mins?

First thing it will do when you engage it (assuming it wont regen above 75%), will be 10k move again.
By mhomho 2020-02-06 11:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't you stack all the party members to help tank it or sacrifice trust tanks (given it hinders your composition, but like AAHM, AAEV, August, Ygnis, Koru-Moru)?
By SimonSes 2020-02-06 11:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
Can't you stack all the party members to help tank it or sacrifice trust tanks (given it hinders your composition, but like AAHM, AAEV, August, Ygnis, Koru-Moru)?

It does that move 4 times in the fight (at 75/50/25/10%), so it could be maybe possible to go with 4 tanks and WHM and position everyone to always only lose 1 tank to each 10k, but positioning 4 tanks to not stay close to each other would probably be problematic, but maybe doable.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-06 12:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You can add an extra body via Poseidon's Ring, if you happen to get it off before an aoe can kill it. Not rare, so you can carry multiples
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-02-06 20:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

so, ive been doing a lot of omen soloing lately, and i've had trouble hitting that 15000 damage mark for the kill bonus....

is it possible to hit this without any external buffs?

gearwise i look like this right now on my free nuke:

ItemSet 370557

Grio has + 20 MAB/Macc +10burst
Merlinic has +35 MAB/30MAcc +5 Burst
Amalric are path A Body/Legs, D Hands
succ is +20 INT/+10 MAB +30 MAD +20 MACC

im at like 13000ish free nuke for Thunder/blizzard V
By Crossbones 2020-02-06 21:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I use pretty similar gear except cait crown, freke instead of acumen ring, amalric boots+1, and daybreak / ammurapi shield for weapon. With gain INT I hover around the 15k mark but it's pretty close (no buffs).

sets.midcast.nuke[1]= { --FREENUKE SET
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
ear1="Friomisi earring",
ear2="Malignance Earring",
left_ring="Freke Ring",
right_ring="Shiva Ring +1",
head="Cath Palug Crown",
body="Amalric Doublet +1",
waist="Eschan Stone",
legs="Amalric Slops +1",
hands="Amalric Gages +1",
feet="Amalric Nails +1",
ammo="Pemphredo tathlum"
}
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-02-06 22:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Try to take advantage of day bonuses and Hachirin -- but remember to mind species natural resistances.

Of if you have an Orpheus, stand as close as you can and use that.
[+]
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-02-07 14:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »

SimonSes said: »
mhomho said: »

It does that move 4 times in the fight (at 75/50/25/10%), so it could be maybe possible to go with 4 tanks and WHM and position everyone to always only lose 1 tank to each 10k, but positioning 4 tanks to not stay close to each other would probably be problematic, but maybe doable.

Edited to place video in actual link.

A pro BLU that soloed Kyou. I believe campaign was up. Positioning was key. He also has other videos showing impressive solos.

I am 100% certain that RDM could do the same if not better due to being able to buff the party better than BLU. Campaign may be necessary.

Just a small disclosure, but I am a career BLU that solos stuff for fun, so got a lot a love for BLU (not just a RDM fanboy). I've done Zitah T1-T4, Ru-Aun T3, Rei-Jima T1-T3, and Dyna-D Bastok/Sandy Wave 1 after entry. When I say done, I mean like 1/55 Vi'Rava, 1/85 Fleetstalker, 1/35 Golden Kist, etc. I'm not very good, I'm just stubborn until I get a win (and I have fun!). Sironekonyanko just does it way better.

But with the recent buffs and gear access for RDM, I think RDM really is the king of solo, even above SCH.

Last note: I understand this is the RDM forum, but the mechanics used by Siro is not that much different than what RDM can do and due to that overlap, felt it was relevant to share here (which is also aligned with us discussing RDM soloing Omen).

Anyways, enjoy.
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-02-09 04:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a win, but he's getting pretty close, last 25% or so on Kyou with no campaign. With some luck it might be doable.
By SimonSes 2020-02-09 04:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone need to tell him about that poseidon ring :)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-02-09 06:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG/mage and PUP seem like the most convenient jobs for doing Kyou solo without the campaign. Super Jump and Ventriloquy being the primary mitigators for Unfaltering Bravado. The problem is keeping up with Meteor spam on the final 25% though.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-02-09 06:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Should also be trying to gamble with the Archon Cape, since more than 1/10 times it's going to negate the damage on main character.
By SimonSes 2020-02-09 09:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Should also be trying to gamble with the Archon Cape, since more than 1/10 times it's going to negate the damage on main character.

You are sure Archon Cape works? Afaik Migawari doesnt work and Earthen Armor too, so why would Archon Cape work?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-02-09 10:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You are sure Archon Cape works? Afaik Migawari doesnt work and Earthen Armor too, so why would Archon Cape work?

A PLD in the LS with Aeonic shield took 0 damage from it one time. Guessing it's the same mechanic as that anulls damage. The only thing would be if it's considered breath damage, since the shield is "Damage", Archon Ring is "Magic", and Archon Cape is "Physical".
By SimonSes 2020-02-09 10:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A PLD in the LS with Aeonic shield took 0 damage from it one time. Guessing it's the same mechanic as that anulls damage. The only thing would be if it's considered breath damage, since the shield is "Damage", Archon Ring is "Magic", and Archon Cape is "Physical".
Its probably not physical, not magical and not breath. It's some special type, otherwise you would have damage taken- gear working on it I think.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-09 21:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else notice that Dia’s DOT Effect has increased substantially?

Dia III’d an Akbaba outside of Holla Crag with Daybreak for shiggles to see how much Dia could “Nuke” for. Did 52 Damage. But the odd part was that the Akbaba took roughly that same chunk of damage as a DOT til dead on 4th tic.

Did it again with Dia I and the Spell did 10 Damage but the DOT was that same 50ish.

So... the formula for DOT Changed to match Bio’s maybe? Enfeeb Skill instead of Dark Skill? idk.

I doubt the information is useful just surprised to watch a mob melt by Dia when it’s traditionally a 1 HP/tic effect.

Update the BG-Wiki if anyone cares I guess or something lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 141 142 143