Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-05 14:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's that combo (in addition to the mechanic) that is resulting in those numbers. After all, he got similar SC values despite doing less than half the closing WS damage.

Assuming no weather/day (because I don't recognize that player's day icon), a 3-step Light with no SC bonus trait/gear on Ou in that phase would do (closing WS) * 1.5 * 1.15 * 1.77 * 3.5 = 10.69x closing WS.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-05 14:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i get 1.5 is 3-step light
3.5 is Ou after Prophylaxis.

what are the other 2?
1.77 is ? daybreak (50) + hq ring (11) + belt (15) + 1 from ???
and 1.15 is the belt a 2nd time?
oh and 8% somewhere for /DNC skillchain bonus.
By SimonSes 2019-12-05 15:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be 1.76, he probably made a small mistake.
Not sure what's 1.15, but I know this is missing 1.08 from /DNC skillchain bonus trait (but he actually wrote without trait, not sure if that means he was thinking there is no trait involved, or he wanted to write without trait XD)
By SimonSes 2019-12-05 15:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
My point is, are you sure it's the Daybreak/Sash/Ring combo that's bringing those big numbers? Or is it the mechanic that's always been there?

Obviously both. x3.5 bonus on Ou wouldn't allow for 94k double light from 8800 damage WS on 3step skillchain. I already wrote that what he got is very close to what he described in description

Quote:
Daybreak, Orpheus, and Weatherer use 76% light affinity
Lek → Sabe → Knights → Shan (Light damage is about 12.6 times)
Sabe → Nights → Shan (Light cooperation damage is about 10.8 times)

94523 / 8803 = 10.74
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-05 15:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The 1.15 is from Ou's Light resistance rank after SC modification.
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2019-12-07 15:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, I am trying to pick up rdm. I'm starting to gear my enfeebling magic/nuking sets, first.

Are the sets in the guide still up to date? Do I need a grio or can I get away with the ambu club instead, since I already have it?
 Odin.Jigoku
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jigoku 2019-12-07 18:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

the sets are up to date besides Malignance gear and other stuff from Odin, cait sith and alexander htbf. I do wish there would be gearsets for corcea mors TPing and WSing… please. because my dmg results are rather underwhelming compared to a regular almace main Setup. I know it's somewhere in this thread and has probably been linked 1k times… but it would be alot easyer that way.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-07 19:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Airoh said: »
Do I need a grio or can I get away with the ambu club instead, since I already have it?

Asura.Elizabet said: »
Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
Crocea, maxentius, naegling, enfeeble augment griov, and various offhand weapons is all you need and will save you hundreds of millions.

This. You could even scrap the grio and use AmbuWep/Ammurapi (or double Ambu Weps if /nin) and you would likely not really notice the difference on enfeebles and save some inv slots.

Personally, I use croc/ammurapi just because I don’t feel like dealing with the augment system on grio. It does just fine
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2019-12-08 04:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maxentius + ammurapi should beat grio for nuking unless you have close to ideal augments. Max + daybreak is way ahead if you can /nin or /dnc.

Any combination of daybreak/ambu weapon/ammurapi shield/su5 sword/mythic is competitive with grio+grip for enfeebling. The only thing special grio offers is the ~15 possible skill, which translates to a small bonus for spells like distract or frazzle, but might be counteracted by the loss of mnd compared to other options anyway.

TLDR: if you don't already have killer grio augments I wouldn't bother.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-08 13:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Maxentius + ammurapi should beat grio for nuking unless you have close to ideal augments. Max + daybreak is way ahead if you can /nin or /dnc.

Any combination of daybreak/ambu weapon/ammurapi shield/su5 sword/mythic is competitive with grio+grip for enfeebling. The only thing special grio offers is the ~15 possible skill, which translates to a small bonus for spells like distract or frazzle, but might be counteracted by the loss of mnd compared to other options anyway.

TLDR: if you don't already have killer grio augments I wouldn't bother.

It's not, not close.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Distract_III

This spell reduces the target's evasion based on dMND and Enfeebling Skill with this formula:
Potency = [Floor(6/21)(Enfeebling Skill - 190)] + Floor(dMND/5); where dMND/5 caps at 0 and 10.
Lowest value at ±0 dMND compared to enemy: 0
Highest value at +50 dMND compared to enemy: 10
When Enfeebling Magic skill is 610, players will reach the highest value of -120 evasion. The value from MND above will be added to this.
Caps at -130 evasion.

15 Skill adds +4.28 potency to Distract III and Frazzle III while MND adds at 5 MND for 1 Potency with a cap of +10 potency at dMND 50. It would take 21 MND to equal the same, except dMND is easily capped out while skill isn't. Also it's not 15 vs MND but 5 as the Meph grip also adds another 5 which gives us +5.71 potency.

The component that makes Grio + Meph worth so much is that dMND is easy to cap on RDM while skill isn't. Other enfeebles like Slow II, Paralyze II and Addle II have no skill component and a much higher dMND cap, making MND far more important for them.

Asura.Airoh said: »
Are the sets in the guide still up to date? Do I need a grio or can I get away with the ambu club instead, since I already have it?

Get a Grio with +Enf Skill and a Meph grip for Frazzle III and Distract III, they are that important. All the other enfeebles you can use the club and shield for. Don't be lazy, those base values get multiplied by Sab's bonus along with +Enf Potency.
[+]
 Asura.Chyntel
user: Chyntel1
By Asura.Chyntel 2019-12-11 12:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be a daft question, but how important is it to obtain the Malignance set for a rdm? Appears to be used in a wide variety of sets?
By SimonSes 2019-12-11 12:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chyntel said: »
Might be a daft question, but how important is it to obtain the Malignance set for a rdm? Appears to be used in a wide variety of sets?

If you melee on RDM, then Malignance is very high priority.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-12-11 12:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chyntel said: »

Very important.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-12-11 18:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you don't melee it's still very valuable for the DT/MEVA in many types of content.
[+]
By Fauve 2019-12-14 20:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Does enfeebling magic potency bonus on gear allow debuffs to go past the cap? For example, can Distract/Frazzle III go past -130?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-14 20:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fauve said: »
Does enfeebling magic potency bonus on gear allow debuffs to go past the cap? For example, can Distract/Frazzle III go past -130?

Enf potency has nothing to do with an enfeebles base potency, it's a multiplier that's done at the end.

Like if you had Distract III at -120 and 44% Enf Potency,
120 * 1.44 = -172 Evasion.

Saboteur works the same way.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-14 21:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

a simple yes would have sufficed
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-12-15 05:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy is really on another lvl imo..

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By geigei 2019-12-15 06:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The JP button is strong on this one.
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-12-18 03:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Suggestions on these sets outside of dynamis(D)/Omen last boss's?
ItemSet 370242
ItemSet 370243
ItemSet 370251
Mainly looking @odin.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-18 04:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
a simple yes would have sufficed

He gave a clear and short example, which related directly to the question asked. If anything, the detail was helpful for clarity. In fact, "Yes" really wouldn't have answered the question nearly as well (and would have technically been incorrect, since gear/Sab aren't really even a matter of being some special thing that breaks a cap - they're just applied as Saevel explained).

I can't see why people would have any issue with that response, other than whose name was on it...
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-18 06:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
ItemSet 370242
ItemSet 370243
ItemSet 370251
Mainly looking @odin.

I haven't updated my magic acc set with malignance yet.

ItemSet 368753

Malignance maybe can go in feet? Body I would stick with ayan +2. You're gonna benefit more from the DA. Stp is worthless there. I still go with stikini rings for magic acc. Shouldn't really be hurting for acc with a bard with you and distract on. I'll have to look into updating mine soon.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-18 08:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
ItemSet 370242
ItemSet 370243
ItemSet 370251
Mainly looking @odin.

Regarding Enhancing set:
You can add an Augmenting Earring and 2x Stikini +1s to your enhancing set to further boost it. I think, based on other LS members and people's feedback on skill, the highest tier enhancing skill you could have gotten that would affect Temper II was 630. Meaning, in BIS sets, you can skip the augmenting earring, as it wouldn't do anything for Temper II. However, with the new enhancing magic earring recently added, RDM should be able to hit a new tier (640) for another level of Triple Attack from Temper II (someone much wise on this can confirm), but it still doesn't require the Augmenting Earring to hit, so it wouldn't be needed then.

Regarding Enfeebling set:
You can add Duelist's torque/+1/+2. It doesn't require dynamis in any way to purchase and wear one, so you aren't restricted from getting the extra macc bonus at the very least, even if you buy NQ. You can upgrade the other stats later if you like. You can also add the ranged bow, Ullr (or Kaja Bow) to your set, as it's going to be a huge increase over that ammo. HQ Kaykaus obviously. Luminary Sash works for extra macc on waist slot. Dignitary's earring over Gwati, though small increase there.

Regarding RDM Melee (low tp feed):
Those daggers aren't lowest delay possible, so you can improve there. Look into Norgish Dagger/Esikuva as other options, or the set Outlaw listed works as well.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-12-18 10:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I get 635 (625 when non dualwield)enhancing skill when i dual wield for temper 2. Yes another 7 skill replacing my augmenting earring will push me to a new temper 2 tier. Mabey another point of enspell damage to.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-12-18 12:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
This guy is really on another lvl imo..

That is very impressive. Question though; if it’s that easy to separate them through binding, couldn’t you just isolate the Don and kill it right away? Or would that complicate things more than help?
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-18 16:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

In the beginning of the video, on I think his second attempt, the Incanter rolled a benediction. His time remaining at the very end when he actually won was 4:34. I'm sure he just didn't want to waste time fighting Don only to exit on Incanter if it does a bene at 5%.
By Unzero 2019-12-19 11:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 368753

The cape for this on Odin, I went with DEX/Acc/Att/Dual Wield, but with Kuyin Hathdenna (for accuracy) would it make more sense for me to make it INT/Macc/Mdmg/DW? I ran into massive amounts of resists on enspell damage, but melee accuracy was ok. Looking at how much the other gear is focused on magic accuracy... I assume that might be the way to go?
By tyalangan 2019-12-19 11:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If all that Macc gear is your TP set and you are using frazzle 3 I don’t see how 30 more macc would help with “massive” resists. If you were getting resisted here and there then I could see 30 macc clearing out some of those resists but if it’s a massive amount 30 would just make it semi massive I would think.

Are you using crepes?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-19 12:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Unzero said: »
ItemSet 368753

The cape for this on Odin, I went with DEX/Acc/Att/Dual Wield, but with Kuyin Hathdenna (for accuracy) would it make more sense for me to make it INT/Macc/Mdmg/DW? I ran into massive amounts of resists on enspell damage, but melee accuracy was ok. Looking at how much the other gear is focused on magic accuracy... I assume that might be the way to go?

Looks the same as mine. Full blown magic acc still going to have a lot of resists. Bard threnody is great. I'd suggest having a bard to do whatever you need to do. I usually just use wind threnody. Keep it the same as enero and trying to reapply silence. So the bard doesnt have to keep fumbling back and forth on which threnody needs to be on. That's just what I do. Honestly dont have a clue what others do
By Unzero 2019-12-19 12:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 370278

I just scrolled up, I bought crepes but forgot to use, was too nervous. This is what I'm working with currently and I keep losing enmity to Ulmia, so I put what I thought might work in for rings.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 141 142 143