Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 141 142 143
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-11-15 15:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Psycloth would be the better choice though, higher HP/MP/FC.
The only thing better about Gyve is WHM/BRD/RNG/NIN/PUP can wear it... don't feel like checking but most of those jobs probably have something else that's better than gyve as well.

Honestly, don't need it at all, just use Ayanmo for the 9% haste on recast as well as 6% FC. Like the poster above you said, @ master you get all you need from head/body to cap fast cast.
[+]
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-11-16 00:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is "Sword enhancement" needed to be worn during melee to boost enspells? aka Ayanmo manopolas +2/Pukulatmuj +1.

DD rdm DPS seems above DDpld.. But just below DD run(non Dream weapons) this is also based on non-temper3/solo.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-11-16 01:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
Is "Sword enhancement" needed to be worn during melee to boost enspells? aka Ayanmo manopolas +2/Pukulatmuj +1.

Yes, for tier1 enspells enhancing skill gear when casting, sword enhancement for extra damage while meleeing with tier1 or 2 if you want it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-11-16 13:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »

DD rdm DPS seems above DDpld.. But just below DD run(non Dream weapons) this is also based on non-temper3/solo.

This is not true. pld has much better potential here (better gear, better stats), but pld focuses on other things.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-20 14:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I can confirm it work and is much stronger than RDM's enfire :O

Just a super quick test. No weather helping.

Enfire 964 per swing
summoners enfire 1,496 per swing.
By Torzak 2019-11-20 14:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
This is not true. pld has much better potential here (better gear, better stats), but pld focuses on other things.

I've done DD PLD and there's no way in hell it's keeping up with DD RDM. Not even close.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-20 15:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I too have attempted DD PLD with most of my WARs gear and I can attest that it is ***. I multi-boxed on Apex Efts for about a week with COR GEO BRD and WHM alts and despite my best efforts, the damage was just.. bad... lol. I tried Savage Blade + HQ WSD Shield w/ heavy WSD Gear. I admit I did not try dual-wield Vorpal Blade spam. Also tried Greatsword Resolution spam.

Resolution spam was most consistent at the time because Ambusc Weapons and Dynamis D wasn’t out yet so it might be different now.
Now a days PLD can probably Dual wield Naegling with Thibron with Relic +3 helping it’s output but idk man... my experience from DDing with it left a lasting impression lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 15:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM, at least in a solo scenario (which is what the original claim stated) is definitely ahead of PLD. PLD has no native way to increase it's attack or debuff mob, unlike RDM, where it can apply Dia 3/Distract III (with gear this is HUGE). On it's own, RDM is the single most accurate job in the game due to Distract III. RDM can also use Gain STR or DEX to further push their stats, and it gets an insane TA rate with Temper II. Add to that is the very high white damage RDM can pump out with enspells. Plus RDM can exploit magical and physical WS (offhanding Thibron is more viable on RDM than PLD due to Distract offsetting that huge acc penalty). RDM also gets one of the best damage-enhancing spells in the game in Impact, which is not an insignificant boost. The addition of Malignance gear just made melee DD stupid good, even if it's missing attack and high STR.

So while PLD may get better gear, it isn't enough for it to keep up with what RDM can do solo-wise. A party with capped buffs could be different scenario, but seeing as how RDM has access to the same Savage Blade PLD does, it's also very unlikely.
By Nariont 2019-11-20 16:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld might win per ws but rdm will overtake easy in tp gain/white dmg due to enspells. Might even lose in the ws department if it can run max/thib BH spam
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 17:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is maxentius/thib better than Naegling/thib for ws spam? I usually use the latter but I have both weapons, never tried it.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-11-20 17:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Pld might win per ws but rdm will overtake easy in tp gain/white dmg due to enspells. Might even lose in the ws department if it can run max/thib BH spam

rdm black halo with temper 2 will most likely beat pld savage blade all day long.

rdm with croca will most likely beat pld in dps just form the enspell dmg.

rdm has malignance set, rdm has temper 2, dia 3, gain-stat at +55 with upgrade hands. it has enough acc and distract 3 to use offhand tp bonus sword.
There is zero chance a pld is going to keep up with rdm at this point.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is maxentius/thib better than Naegling/thib for ws spam? I usually use the latter but I have both weapons, never tried it.
I have seen 85k black halo with (correction, no geo), rema brd, and regal neck cor. The triple attack mixes extremely well with black halo on maxentius

looking for the screenshot right now (and of course I can't find the fn thing)
By Torzak 2019-11-20 17:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

A party with capped buffs could be different scenario

It's not. RDM isn't losing to a PLD in a DPS parse off unless the RDM is gear lacking severely compared to the PLD or the PLD is highly abusing multiple targets/Ochain TP feed, and even that might require some strange specific circumstances/debilitations (Slow, paralyze).

Nariont said: »
Pld might win per ws
I'd lean toward no.

Is maxentius/thib better than Naegling/thib for ws spam?

Max/Thib is a great contender when the target level is something like T1/2 escha and max buffs (frailty, dia, food, etc). RDM's Temper II helps Max's 50% WS dmg on Black Halo really move forward since the weapon's WS% applies to all hits, but RDM's skill in club and further attack deficit from not using Naegling will show its face on harder content, in all likeliness. Personally, I'm not fond of the WS Frequency of the Max/Thibron combo, but Triple Attack procs are fun with it.
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-20 22:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

for Seraph Blade, Crocea Mors C, what would you want on Succellos's Cape? MND +30, MAB +10, M.Acc/M.DMG +20?
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-11-20 23:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget WSD.

A MND, MABMDMG, MACC, WSD cape makes a really good all rounder cape you can use in efeebs as well as Seraph/Sanguine.

You could even ghetto use it for Savage Balde (MND+WSD) as a stepping stone until you can decide to spend an inventory slot on a savage blade cape whitout losing too much.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-21 01:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Both mab and wsd occupy the sap slot, you can’t have them both
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-21 01:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

so it sounds like I just treat it the same way I do Trueflight on my Ranger and do MND, M.Acc/M.DMG, and WSD. I would probably be better off Needling my Chant du Cygne cape in favor of WSD and STR for Savage than making another one, as inventory is becoming very painful.
By Torzak 2019-11-21 09:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You want all the capes!

I'm at 15 ambu capes for rdm, and I've still never done a ranged accuracy cape, yet.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-21 09:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about making a ranged cape for Empyreal Arrow, but I already mastered the job so I doubt I'll need to shoot too much anymore. Have to keep a supply of Beryllium arrows around also, and it's just a lot of crap to keep carrying if you play other jobs.

also, Savage Blade > Death Blossom > Empyreal Arrow > Savage Blade > Chant Du Cygne is a pretty fun chain when all of the stars align. Double light and close with your favorite MB.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-11-21 10:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about making a ranged cape for Empyreal Arrow, but I already mastered the job so I doubt I'll need to shoot too much anymore. Have to keep a supply of Beryllium arrows around also, and it's just a lot of crap to keep carrying if you play other jobs.

also, Savage Blade > Death Blossom > Empyreal Arrow > Savage Blade > Chant Du Cygne is a pretty fun chain when all of the stars align. Double light and close with your favorite MB.

Clearly the answer since you don't want a ranged cape is to make Excalibur! :D
By Aerix 2019-11-21 11:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Naegling/Thibron vs. Maxentius/Thibron: Naegling's special Attack bonus trait is really noticeable for jobs like RDM, so it will win in uncapped Attack situations, whereas Maxentius pulls ahead in capped Attack situations where each TA proc on the WS can lead to huge spikes. When averaging damage across all WSs Black Halo will hit about 3k-4k harder if I remember correctly.

However, if you are in an uncapped/low Attack situation and magic damage is viable then Crocea Mors is the natural choice anyway.
By Torzak 2019-11-21 11:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Excalibur! :D

Put the sword back in the rock, and leave it there.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-11-21 11:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
Excalibur! :D

Put the sword back in the rock, and leave it there.

Going to agree, I know Shadowmeld was joking to begin with, but I can't stress enough how dead on Torzak is. I made mine for "oh ***" moments for rdm, which helped, but now with malignance gear it has no value to me.

Side note, sequence also got thrown in storage too after naegling came out. There is a pretty significant difference between the ws numbers of savage spam with them. Not even really fond of my murg anymore outside of a small amount of max magic acc sets.

Crocea, maxentius, naegling, enfeeble augment griov, and various offhand weapons is all you need and will save you hundreds of millions.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-11-21 12:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
Crocea, maxentius, naegling, enfeeble augment griov, and various offhand weapons is all you need and will save you hundreds of millions.

This. You could even scrap the grio and use AmbuWep/Ammurapi (or double Ambu Weps if /nin) and you would likely not really notice the difference on enfeebles and save some inv slots.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2019-11-21 12:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How does daybreak/ammurapi compare to ambu/ammurapi? Trying to reduce some inventory clutter as well and would rather not make another ambu weapon if I don't have to.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-21 12:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

its a difference of 2INT/2MND/2MACC in favor of double ambu.

Sorry thought you were asking ambu/ambu vs ambu/shield.

With the extra macc and 5 skill, is Crocea Mors still inferior to an ambu weapon for macc purposes? Or does that INT/MND differential make the difference. Just want to adjust my macros for the best option, since I have 2 ambu weapons
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-11-21 12:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

8 magic accuracy skill but 15 more mnd basically. (for ambu vs daybreak main and shield offhand)

I'd use the Daybreak if MND affect the potency of the enfeeb you're casting, Assuming shield off hand. If dual wielding, I'd do Ambu/Daybreak for MND potency.

If its a pure MACC enfeeb (silence for example) I'd just use Crocea in main hand. Crocea has 5 skill more, and 10 macc more (witch I think covers the mnd diff in accuracy)

Still assuming the above minimalist approach to weapons.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-11-21 12:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

its a difference of 2INT/2MND/2MACC in favor of double ambu.

Sorry thought you were asking ambu/ambu vs ambu/shield.

With the extra macc and 5 skill, is Crocea Mors still inferior to an ambu weapon for macc purposes? Or does that INT/MND differential make the difference. Just want to adjust my macros for the best option, since I have 2 ambu weapons

There is some math a few pages back. Crocea Mors and Ambu club essentially have the same total macc.

Crocea Mors Total macc

Maxentius Total macc

Crocea Mors wins by approximately 5 macc
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-11-21 13:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Regarding Naegling/Thibron vs. Maxentius/Thibron: Naegling's special Attack bonus trait is really noticeable for jobs like RDM, so it will win in uncapped Attack situations, whereas Maxentius pulls ahead in capped Attack situations where each TA proc on the WS can lead to huge spikes. When averaging damage across all WSs Black Halo will hit about 3k-4k harder if I remember correctly.

However, if you are in an uncapped/low Attack situation and magic damage is viable then Crocea Mors is the natural choice anyway.
Have there been any tests actually quantifying Naeglings WS atk bonus?
By Torzak 2019-11-21 13:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Have there been any tests actually quantifying Naeglings WS atk bonus?

None that I know of.

Edit: Anecdotally, I'm inclined to believe it's ~1% per buff.

Edit2: And for RDM that means 250 to 500 Attack in a lot of 6 man party activities depending on group composition and some of the group's gear (ghorn, regal, etc)
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-11-22 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question...

I’m a long time RDM but admittedly took a loooooong break from it and decided to farm some Omen Cards and I noticed something strange.. My Enspells were wearing off very quickly.. like 2 minutes or less? Everything else was 15-20+ minutes Always but the Enspells would stay for what seemed like a random duration and then.. *Poof* Gone.

Both Timers as well as the games own buff tracker were showing that a fresh cast SHOULD be lasting 22+ minutes and very few of the Omen mobs have Dispell so... dafuq?
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 141 142 143