New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 141 142 143
By Aerix 2019-10-22 14:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I'm only sad about not being able to use R15 Almace because CDC spam + Light is very satisfying. The animations for Seraph and Sanguine just don't have any "oomph" when you use them.

Edit: Since the page changed, I just want to mention I posted a Tauret vs. Ternion+1 parse on the previous page for anyone who cares.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-22 14:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Actually Crocea is the weapon that kinda force you to play RDM

Eh. It's locked behind that requirement, but 40M later and you can have that accomplished in two days, so long as you avoid the horribad bots of Dho Gates. It's just a speed bump that even if you add it to the cost of crocea/dynamis rp, still probably comes out to less than any of the other RDM weapons from scratch to finish.

I will agree with this angle of your point: Crocea is the weapon that really makes you want to play RDM. It's butter :DDD
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-22 14:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I mean people argument against it is probably only about this build is based on weapon that you can buy from ah

You can buy merc nyzul token, you can buy merc Job Points, you can buy aggregates just the same you can buy the swarts, you can merc/buy the abyssea nm pops for Empy Weaps. You can buy alex/dyna currency. You can buy merc an aeonic clear, you can buy merc a w3 clear. Hell, you can merc ambu wins and merc a pulse wep.

Whatever the rema is you can buy your way through almost all of it, or at least through all the "is supposed to be a farm/time investment" parts. Except the ichor / Impimaturs gating.

I think that "but you can just buy it" argument is a long dead one.

Aerix said: »
The animations for Seraph and Sanguine just don't have any "oomph" when you use them.

That's why I dat swapped Seraph out for Uriel... Cause wings oh and one can only wish.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-10-22 15:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way, Crocea/Daybreak are so far ahead right now

Want to post some sets and parse results? I don't get remotely close to those same results. Maybe I am missing something?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-22 15:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So Ternion+1 is quite ahead of Tauret, now that's surprising.
I could say things are gonna be different when you need acc but RDM gets so much acc... +70 from Composure alone, then 5/5 Malignance, then Distract3 if need be, clearly Acc is not one of RDM's main concern, is it now?
By Aerix 2019-10-22 16:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »

Want to post some sets and parse results? I don't get remotely close to those same results. Maybe I am missing something?

I'll try when I have some spare time again. Issue is that pretty much every Apex mob is either weak or resistant to Light/Dark/Magic in general, so I'm not sure which target to parse on. I can tell you though that I was hitting 100k Seraphs on Apex Crabs/Jagil with buffs.

Asura.Sechs said: »
So Ternion+1 is quite ahead of Tauret, now that's surprising.
I could say things are gonna be different when you need acc but RDM gets so much acc... +70 from Composure alone, then 5/5 Malignance, then Distract3 if need be, clearly Acc is not one of RDM's main concern, is it now?

I was at like 1250 main hand Accuracy and 1210 offhand Accuracy before any kind of buffs/food. RDM is absolutely fine on Accuracy, really.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-22 16:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything, attack was and is even more now the concern given malignance. That's also a big part of the reason why Crocea/Vitiation is so great, it's an option that doesn't rely on having high attack.

So you gear it towards the RDM's strengths, instead of trying to gear to gap RDM's weaknesses.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-22 16:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I wanted to solo CP on red made and get in on the seraph blade fun, what main hand would I use? Obviously not 2100, so looking for an alternative to work with. Also, what set is everyone using? And is there a decent multi step that can be taken advantage of? Sorry for all the questions, I'd like to hit 1200 points soon
By Torzak 2019-10-22 17:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph Blade will be largely pointless without Croc/Viti.

I've got a BRD friend that I need to drag to CP; maybe we can team up. I wouldn't mind coaching.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-22 17:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh savage blade Naegling might serve you best for CPing (or Maxentius) if you have access to TP bonus sword. Apex aren't hard to hit, your bringing dia3 and distract3, and if you are going with a group you are likely getting to burn style melee buffs. CDC and Tauret Evisceration are other options.

For Seraph to really fly you kind of need a ranked up su4 or su5 sword.
By Nariont 2019-10-22 17:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
And is there a decent multi step that can be taken advantage of?

Think the best multi-step a non-excal/apex bow sword can pull off was circle > RLB > Savage > CDC, if you can run bow you got a better route there due to inundation kicking in
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-10-22 17:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I preferred making self dark or self light and MBing when I was soloing CP. I'm not sure if that's faster than spamming Black Halo or Savage Blade now, but it was certainly faster than just spamming CDC back when I was getting to 2100.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-22 17:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get a DNC partner to great effect. Giving them haste 2, and innundation, and take advantage of their sc bonus DMG trait.

Savage Blade > Pyrrhic Kleos = Distortion > Requiescat = Darkness > Rudra's Storm = Double Darkness.

It's a good way to JP rdm if your ws set aren't top notch and your tp set not yet allowing you to solo multi step.
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-10-22 18:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try when I have some spare time again. Issue is that pretty much every Apex mob is either weak or resistant to Light/Dark/Magic in general, so I'm not sure which target to parse on. I can tell you though that I was hitting 100k Seraphs on Apex Crabs/Jagil with buffs.
What buffs was that as well. It doesn't seem likely a lot of us will be running around with geo for malaise, most the time geo is on fury/frail
By Aerix 2019-10-22 19:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaja Bow/Ullr aren't hard to get and we've got an excellent RACC set in the form of Malignance now. There's absolutely no reason not to use that.

(SB > CDC >) Empyreal > SB > CDC should be excellent against bats due to their Light weakness, especially with Inundation as Nariont mentioned.

Thibron offhand would boost SB and Empyreal, but CDC would suffer from it. Ternion+1 offhand would boost TP speed and CDC, but not add much to SB/Empyreal. In both cases I'd suggest using Naegling mainhand for SB and an Attack boost that RDM desperately needs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-22 20:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Very detailed and helpful. Thank you Aerix.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-22 21:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't seem likely a lot of us will be running around with geo for malaise, most the time geo is on fury/frail

Sylvie is giving you Acumen on rdm, and well sometimes dyna d gets done with Leaden CORs and TF RNGs... of course, YMMV.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-10-22 21:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »
It doesn't seem likely a lot of us will be running around with geo for malaise, most the time geo is on fury/frail

Sylvie is giving you Acumen on rdm, and well sometimes dyna d gets done with Leaden CORs and TF RNGs... of course, YMMV.

Yeah, already know that. Not going to be enough to hit 99,999
By Aerix 2019-10-23 02:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »

Yeah, already know that. Not going to be enough to hit 99,999

Sorry, I guess I should have specified, although it's very difficult/impossible to reach those kind of numbers on any job without player buffers. That's with Idris GEO support (as would be common in group content). Also Apex Crabs/Jagils take significant extra damage from Light, so they're not good targets to parse on as I mentioned.

If preferred I'll parse Crocea/Daybreak without any GEO or COR buffs when I get around to it. Just gotta figure out a good target mob.
By CerberusFreaky 2019-10-25 13:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry to ask, but what is the new consensus on Group 2... and group 1?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-10-25 13:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

group 2 i did 5/5 immunobreak and 5/5 enfeeb duration...

I swap them around depending content. For master trials I remove immunobreak and add 5/5 enspell for instance...
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-25 17:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I default to enspells and macc mostly, unless I need something specific.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-10-25 18:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how you like to play Rdm. I like 5/5 ice macc for distract,para ice nukes and 5/5 fire for addle2.

New players for sure get Macc 5/5. Once your decked out i feel i never needed the xtra 25 (40 total with relic head) macc before they added it esp after they buffed Saboteur. Granted its still great for helping land longer impacts and the odd time you use elemental magic. I'm personally on team acc and enspell damage 5/5.

If you don't enjoy meleeing on rdm theres plenty of other options to pick from.
By Aerix 2019-10-26 01:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ice MACC merits are pretty much must-have, but there's also something to be said for 5/5 Wind MACC merits for Silence and Gravity. Especially Silence is pretty crucial when it needs to be landed, such as in Wave 3.

When NMs aren't completely immune to begin with they don't seem to be particularly resistant to Addle 2 either, so it might not be a huge deal missing that Fire MACC.
[+]
By Steroid800 2019-10-29 20:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people using MND sucellos's cape also for Savage blade or using up 2 inventory spaces for MND and STR w/s damage capes?

Wondering if I should save the spot, getting pretty full :-/
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-10-29 20:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 13 RDM capes.

It's a subjective thing ultimately.

Do what your play style allows.

As for the question STR > MND for Savage
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-29 20:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a suboptimal mind Cape cause it's a mind + macc + mab Cape that I slapped on wsd as well to save inv space (turns out to be a good allrounder for Seraph / sanguine as well as enfeebling.

I planned to make a specific Savage Cape but tbh, I don't find myself needing this level of optimisation on rdm on stuff I'd use savage blade for.
By Fauve 2019-11-07 03:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What stats are the go to for TP set Ambu cape?
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-11-07 04:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

20 dex 30acc 20att 10 pdt and 10 stp when single wielding.

Temper2 gives you enough multi attack you really dont need to worry about it as much.

Still i'll use the above one for dualwielding but some people enjoy adding 10 DW on cape and use slightly differing tp sets.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-07 04:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I have 5 or 6 RDM capes, which is among the highest number of any of my jobs probably lol, and I'm not even a die-hard RDM player.

For TP I personally use DEX +30, Acc/Att +20, PDT-10 and STP+10.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 141 142 143