2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 141 142 143
By tyalangan 2019-09-25 09:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
What should I idle in until I can get refresh augments on Chironic?

And should I wait for a DM campaign or are refresh augments somewhat common if I were to buy DM?

I have already stored my chironic for malignance. I like the setup with only AF3 body and Relic+3 hat for refresh armor pieces in idle.

However, if you still feel the need, I have only ever attempted Refresh on DM and it is fairly common especially since they upped the amount per day. There are the Assiduity pants +1, as well.
By Aerix 2019-09-25 10:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also Volte and augmented Lengo Pants for non-DM Refresh gear.
By SimonSes 2019-09-25 11:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep asking for haste II to work with accession, but do you really want to be forced to go /sch everywhere then, when RDM finally got more option to be a better hybrid DD?
By Torzak 2019-09-25 13:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're backline rdm, the only time Hastega will be of particular value will be after a slowga/erasega. Otherwise, it's not really hard to maintain a haste rotation (on an entire alliance) with 10+ min Haste II.

I quite frankly don't care one way or the other if they ever made it work with accession.

I'd sooner care about SE making it so that WHMs can't overwrite our enspell 1 with Auspice.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 13:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not hard to, but its time consuming as hell, based on what your roll is and how fast your alliance is.

And also your mp recovery rate.

10+ castings of haste 2 along with debuffing every mob, providing all the other various buffs, and handling erasing and what have will eat through your mp like no ones business.
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-25 13:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

or just fix enspell 2 to not be trash.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 13:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
or just fix enspell 2 to not be trash.

Even if all enspell 2 did was be enspell 1 with the ele defense down, id be okay with this.

Though more practically id like a bit higher of base damage.

Wont happen though.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-25 13:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

And should I wait for a DM campaign or are refresh augments somewhat common if I were to buy DM?

I have already stored my chironic for malignance. I like the setup with only AF3 body and Relic+3 hat for refresh armor pieces in idle.

However, if you still feel the need, I have only ever attempted Refresh on DM and it is fairly common especially since they upped the amount per day. There are the Assiduity pants +1, as well.
RDM can't actually equip Assiduity Pants.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-09-25 14:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
tyalangan said: »

RDM can't actually equip Assiduity Pants.

Lengo Pants
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 15:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again, bored at work, asking the "real questions".

Thoughts on the hetairoi ring for DPSing?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-09-25 15:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »

ItemSet 365452
It is what I've been using for DPS. eventually gonna start moving to mali gear for more acc in harder content.
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-25 15:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

same but Paeapua and clotharius torque.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 15:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think triple attack rate will do much since we have Temper II, but im really not sure how potent triple attack damage + will be since we get so much TA.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 16:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That said, I am working on one upping my prior post, for my ultimate "white damage lulz" set.

ItemSet 368750

The blank slots for head and feet are for malignance, just because we do need some acc/magic acc (and there is nothing with extreme enough double attack to be worthwhile).

Ring slot I just havent decided on anything, but probably Chirach+1.

With Temper 2 we have
2% Quadruple
46% Triple
17% Double
Capped Delay Reduction (If my math is right anyway. Only 23% in haste gear, but 14% in dual wield gear, with nin DW 3 + magic haste cap.)
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-25 16:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You do not quite have capped delay reduction like that. Your delay is (1-(.23+.4375)) * (1-(.25+.14)) = 20.28%.

You need 15 DW in gear to cap delay.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 16:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
You do not quite have capped delay reduction like that. Your delay is (1-(.23+.43375)) * (1-(.25+.14)) = 20.51%.

You need 16 DW in gear to cap delay.

Really?

I thought id have 23% haste, 39% dual wield (14% gear, 25% nin sub), and then the 43.75% magic haste (between haste 2 and trusts and such).
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-25 16:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Misremembered the actual magic haste cap slightly, but I fixed it in my edit.

The .23 is your gear haste, .4375 is your magic haste, .25 is /NIN DW, and .14 is your gear DW. It's not quite capped in your setup.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 17:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What am I at if i use Suppa instead of Eabani (pushes DW from 14% to 15% lol)
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-25 17:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You're at 19.95% (capped to 20%).
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-25 17:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That said, I am working on one upping my prior post, for my ultimate "white damage lulz" set.

ItemSet 368750

The blank slots for head and feet are for malignance, just because we do need some acc/magic acc (and there is nothing with extreme enough double attack to be worthwhile).

With Temper 2 we have
2% Quadruple
46% Triple
17% Double
Capped Delay Reduction (If my math is right anyway. Only 23% in haste gear, but 14% in dual wield gear, with nin DW 3 + magic haste cap.)

Anytime you are using DW to cover the loss of haste you are hurting your build. Using -5 stp legs hurts your build on top of it.
More stp and less dw is better.

If you need to go for more triple attack, ditch sanctity necklace and go for clotharis neck you only loss 2 acc in neck slot, but replace the legs with malignance for more stp. The loss of 2 TA and 1~5% DA (unity dependant) vs the gain of 15 stp will be negligible at best, you gain way more acc from malignance legs and more survivability.

And petrov ring if you want the multihit with stp

I also personally wouldn't give up malignance body for aya. body either (at least not without cc/sam roll), your set is looking like it will only run 20 stp if you use chirich +1. Might be worth considering on a cc/sam roll though, still wouldn't use those legs.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-25 17:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not for nothing but stp (or lack thereof) is entirely irrelevant to a white damage set.

Why he wants that set, idk, but worth asking, does an enspell hit count in "500 damage" RoE
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 17:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not for nothing but stp (or lack thereof) is entirely irrelevant to a white damage set.

Why he wants that set, idk, but worth asking, does an enspell hit count in "500 damage" RoE

It does :D (At least I was pretty sure it does given how fast i was doing that objective. Maybe im smoking something lol)
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-25 17:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

White dmg is only a portion of your dps, don't get caught up thinking that is the only part you need to work on. Especially when rdm has access to stuff like black halo, savage blade, and seraph blade.

However he has crocea in the build, and enspell from crocea is upwards of 1500, but he isn't utilizing orpheous sash in this build. Which I know he has, we were discussing it last night.

It does not count for the 500 dmg RoE as well. (I checked the other day and was not getting credit for it, who knows maybe it was glitched on mine. But I have never seen credit for enspell)
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 17:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »

ItemSet 368750

With Temper 2 we have
2% Quadruple
46% Triple
17% Double

Anytime you are using DW to cover the loss of haste you are hurting your build. Using -5 stp legs hurts your build on top of it.

If you need to go for more triple attack, ditch sanctity necklace and go for clotharis neck you only loss 2 acc in neck slot, but replace the legs with malignance for more stp. The loss of 2 TA and 1~5% DA (unity dependant) vs the gain of 15 stp will be negligible at best, you gain way more acc from malignance legs and more survivability.

I also personally wouldn't give up malignance body for aya. body either (at least not without cc/sam roll), your set is looking like it will only run 20 stp if you use chirich +1. Might be worth considering on a cc/sam roll though, still wouldn't use those legs.

Oh yeah, was not doing any sTP here at all. Was strictly going for a "how many times can i hit with enspell damage".

Then again, i should probably drop the belt for /that/ sash. Totally forgot i got it <~<
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-25 17:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »

ItemSet 368750

With Temper 2 we have
2% Quadruple
46% Triple
17% Double

Oh yeah, was not doing any sTP here at all. Was strictly going for a "how many times can i hit with enspell damage".

Then again, i should probably drop the belt for /that/ sash. Totally forgot i got it <~<

Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I would use 10dw cape and stay 1 dw shy of cap, use another multihit earring like brutal or cessance in the event you are sam rolled. That with malignance legs will cap your haste and boost your stp by 15 (plus whichever earring you choose)

Swapping for taeon legs will still mean you are only 23% haste, means you need 3% haste for cap
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 17:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but I am looking for sheer raw attack speed/multi attack here. (Only for this set, and its very situational for when i want it.)

It also serves as my dual wield 1 damage dagger set for things that I don't want to get TP (like Odin)

As an aside, moving from 1% haste cap away to haste cap generates 5% more attacks.

5% more double attack from brutal earring grants less than that, because of the very high triple attack.

The Taeon change results in a slight loss of DA (based on unity ranking) but much higher acc and a bit higher TA.

Totals:
46% Triple
12% Double
Capped Delay Reduction

or for 2x 1 dmg dagger
42% triple
12% double
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-25 17:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but I am looking for sheer raw attack speed/multi attack here. (Only for this set, and its very situational for when i want it.)

It also serves as my dual wield 1 damage dagger set for things that I don't want to get TP (like Odin)

As an aside, moving from 1% haste cap away to haste cap generates 5% more attacks.

5% more double attack from brutal earring grants less than that, because of the very high triple attack.

The Taeon change results in a slight loss of DA (based on unity ranking) but much higher acc and a bit higher TA.

Totals:
46% Triple
12% Double
Capped Delay Reduction

or for 2x 1 dmg dagger
42% triple
12% double

ItemSet 368751

33% temper + 14% gear,
48% TA
22% DA
1dw shy of cap
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 17:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon head is honestly fine anyway. Id probably use lilith feet though just because moar acc (especially if fighting with damage 1 daggers)

That said your double attack there is 22% :p

Its still better to drop your brutal in exchange for a suppa though.

If only because that last 1% delay will boost your attack speed by 5%, where as the 5% double attack will only boost your total swings by 3.2%~ish
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-25 17:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon head is honestly fine anyway. Id probably use lilith feet though just because moar acc (especially if fighting with damage 1 daggers)

That said your double attack there is 22% :p

Didn't count body, fixed.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-25 17:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still sad rdm cant use Epona ring.
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 141 142 143