Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-01-26 20:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Enspell is just free damage to make up for really bad access to reasonable levels of attack. Whatever solution makes the most damage or the most needed utility is the winner.

9/10 Crocea+Daybreak is as good as it gets because of cure potency and MND. You can make much better durability cure sets for yourself when you get 30% out the gate. High MND means it's ideal for Seraph if you're SCing or Sanguine if other people are SCing/Double Dark Weather.

You can TP bonus magian if you want to go back and forth infinitely with RLB and Seraph and you won't be wrong to do so if the situation calls for it.

Puk +1 is for making sandwiches after you engage on Tenzen or you have a scenerio where you are focusing enspell damage to the extreme, to the detriment of WS potential.

Everything else is talking about taking Crocea out of your main hand and enspell damage goes down significantly for giving physical WS better options or Aeolian Edge spam.
 Asura.Shaedhen
Server: Asura
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2023-01-27 00:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

intrloper said: »
Thanks for the info. didnt realize it would be messy. I dont know what i want to do. Like enspell but not sure if right route to go. Can i ask what sort of numbers should seraph blade be doing?

Augmented Bunzi can also be a very decent option.

Enspell is definitely a good route to go, especially if you don't have everything else to max out melee damage on rdm. When dyna-d weapons first came out I got myself a vitiation sword and that allowed me to solo a lot of things i wasn't able to at that time because I lacked overall good gear(reisen geas fete, omen mid boss,...).

As for Seraph it really depends what buff you're getting, but I was killing Rabbits and Catoblepas in Bibiki lately doing ML, and was doing up to 99k at 2k tp with it with hybrid-oriented buffs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-01-27 09:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What should melee RDM be off handing with enspell? Thanks.
Levant dagger is a significant boost to enspells if using Enaero. The Wind affinity will increase the enspell dmg on Crocea's hits as well. But it has poor stats and macc aside from the affinity. I do think that enhancing Crocea's already much higher enspell dmg is stronger than the off hand only en-dmg on Pukulatmuj though. But again, enaero only.

I wish there were a few more options for various elemental affinity pieces.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2023-01-27 14:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Levant dagger is a significant boost to enspells if using Enaero. The Wind affinity will increase the enspell dmg on Crocea's hits as well. But it has poor stats and macc aside from the affinity. I do think that enhancing Crocea's already much higher enspell dmg is stronger than the off hand only en-dmg on Pukulatmuj though. But again, enaero only.

There's also Quanpur Neck for a measly +5 Earth.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-01-27 15:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

They're very close.

Testing with 690 skill (1 tier from max possible), 5/5 enspell merits, Orpheus Sash, and Ayanmo Hands (other enspell+ pieces are mostly not worthwhile), I got (disregarding multi-attacks and DW delay reduction, because they affect both weapon combinations by the same percentages):

Crocea/Pukulatmuj +1:
1324 Mainhand
801 Offhand
2125 Total
485 Delay
4.381 damage per delay

Crocea/Levante:
1496 Mainhand
560 Offhand
2056 Total
443 Delay
4.641 damage per delay

Another option is Crocea/Kraken for those with deeper pockets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Turambar
Server: Bahamut
user: Turambar
By Bahamut.Turambar 2023-01-28 21:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the wind affinity of Levante also work with Aeolian Edge even if you mainhand another dagger?
By Nariont 2023-01-28 23:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It does, though due to the lack of other stats its well behind most other daggers with actual mab/mdmg and the like on them
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-01-29 11:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If they are just going to recycle content, I'd be completely ok with a higher tier fight against garuda for a more current iLvl version of Levante Dagger.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-29 11:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

HTBF super turbo difficulty
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-01-29 11:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

THE NEW CHALLENGERS! ♡
[+]
By Nariont 2023-01-29 11:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
HTBF super turbo difficulty

Ill take some ilvl 140+ HTBs, put those back in the rotation to mix it up with these trash dailies
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-07 01:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody here have a toggle for Regal Cuffs?
Before Sortie I was casting most of my enfeebles with Regal Cuffs, swapping to Lethargy Gantherots +1 during Saboteur.

Now that I have +2 (and hopefully soon enough +3) I'm quite questioning this.
Gantherots, even in the +2 version, offer a pretty big increase in terms of raw stats, and "only" a 10% duration loss, after you consider the Composure Set Bonus.

Of course having yet another toggle "Cuffs on/off" would probably be the best choice but I was trying to keep it simple and pick one or the other. I'm very leaning towards eating the 10% duration loss and just use Gantherots all of the time.
 Odin.Lawii
Server: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-02-07 07:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I used the same format as cp toggle, and it seems to work

--goes in toggle area
state.EnfeeblingDur = M(false, 'EnfeeblingDurMax')

--goes in bind area
send_command('bind @` gs c toggle EnfeeblingDur')

-- goes in defined sets, like obi or special sets
sets.Dur = {hands="Regal Cuffs", ring2="Kishar Ring"}

-- I put this right above the sabo swap functions

if spell.action_type == 'Magic' and state.EnfeeblingDur.value then
if spell.skill == 'Enfeebling Magic' then
equip(sets.Dur)
end
end

Hope that gets pointed in the correct direction.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-20 02:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Have updated RDM MBB sets been discussed already?

ItemSet 389931

Now this may sound extremely obvious, but I'm of course referring to Lethargy+3/Bunzi vs Ea+1
That is:

ItemSet 389932

If we compare both sets what comes out is:
Ea+1 ==> Int+18, Mbb2+24
Leth ==> Mab+38, Macc+41, Mdmg+158

On a slot-by-slot detail now:
I'm factoring out Amalric+1 body/hands, I'm not sure if they still have a place somewhere. Loss of macc, but in terms of pure Mab they probably provide more than other options I listed, thanks to the set bonus.
I'm not sure how you would use them, I guess Ea+1 head, Amalric+1 body/hands, Lethargy+3 legs/feet? And then Mizukaze in the neck slot.
By Izanami 2023-02-20 02:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Have updated RDM MBB sets been discussed already?

Of course it depends on the enemy and buffs used, but this is what I had in my sets based on my program. I used Tropical Crepe, Wizard's Roll, Acumen, and a 20% potency BoG Malaise.

Free Nuke
ItemSet 389154

• Sucellos: INT+mAtk
• Ignoring Orpheus/Hachirin

Magic Burst
ItemSet 389155

• Sucellos: INT+mAtk
• Ignoring Orpheus/Hachirin

In terms of stats before COR+GEO buffs:

Dual-wielding likes Daybreak off-hand.

Amalric hands+feet show up for magic bursting if unbuffed, but they only seem to win by 0.6%.

Empyrean +3 legs and Ea legs +1 are pretty much equal for bursting. Fewer buffs prefers Empyrean +3 legs, while more buffs prefers Ea +1. The difference is very small. You could argue that Empyrean +3 should win due to the extra magic accuracy, though.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-20 03:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think about mixing Ea+1/Lethargy+3/Bunzi in that specific way, neat!
I also see that Lethargy+3 body/hands wins in your tests for free nuking, whereas I wasn't taking that for granted, expcting Amalric+1 body/hands to still have a spot there.
Glad to see that's no longer the case (inventory space, yaiii!)

I think I'm just gonna mule my Amalric+1 body/hands.
Not sure I want to re-buy Ea+1 pieces though. Guess at least for the head I could use it on Geo as well so that wouldn't be a big loss of inventory space in the end hmmm

In case you're bored and or have free time, mind testing MBB set setting it to ignore Ea+1? I'd love to see what's the next best option and how far behind it is.
By Izanami 2023-02-20 03:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In case you're bored and or have free time, mind testing MBB set setting it to ignore Ea+1? I'd love to see what's the next best option and how far behind it is.

This is the set my code finds when ignoring Ea. It appears to be ~5% behind the magic burst set I posted above. It's pretty much the set you posted, actually.

I think I'm just gonna mule my Amalric+1 body/hands.
Not sure I want to re-buy Ea+1 pieces though. Guess at least for the head I could use it on Geo as well so that wouldn't be a big loss of inventory space in the end hmmm

I think Ea Hat +1 is worth keeping still since RDM, GEO, and BLM all use it. From what I can tell, RDM is the only job to use Ea +1 body and legs. GEO prefers its Empyrean +3 body+legs and BLM prefers its Empyrean +3 body and Agwu legs (R30). They're probably all super close, but Ea is expensive if you already have Agwu and Empyrean or if you are low on inventory.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-20 03:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty in line with my conclusions. Altough I was expecting a difference along the lines of 2,5%.
5% is quite... something.

Thanks for your time, Izanami!
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-02-20 08:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

At higher Mlvl are you going to see a a lean back to EA+1 legs?

Also just wondering why exclude Skrymir / Skrymir +1?

Really good info though thank you.
By Nariont 2023-02-20 10:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lawii said: »
Also just wondering why exclude Skrymir / Skrymir +1?

Because acuity belt exists and is both better and cheaper outside of cases like maybe helix's unless im mistaken
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-02-20 10:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that it is more than likely better for nukes.
I saw this statement "• Ignoring Orpheus/Skrymir/Hachirin"
Orpheus and Obi both have situations that need to be fulfilled to make them work, but Skrymir is just flat stats.
Maybe the answer is cost, I was just wondering.

Pretty sure he uses Python to run though iterations, so it is not like it is a work load issue.
By Izanami 2023-02-20 12:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure he uses Python to run though iterations, so it is not like it is a work load issue.

It's definitely not a workload issue, I'm just cheap and decided 60m gil for Skrymir Cord +1 is too expensive.

Coincidentally, Acuity Belt +1 R15 with 16 INT beats Skrymir Cord +1 by ~0.3% in both sets posted above (for the specific dINT value tested; see below). I'll remove the "ignoring Skrymir" text now that I've included it and found no difference in the sets.

At higher Mlvl are you going to see a a lean back to EA+1 legs?

I removed 30 INT from the enemy to simulate adding 30 INT from ML50 vs ML20 RDM. In this high dINT situation:
  • Skrymir is 0.6% better than Acuity. Sacro is also better than Acuity here by 0.2% since the INT on Acuity is not worth as much at higher dINT values.

• Mujin is 0.6% better than Metamorph (ignoring Magic accuracy)

• Empyrean +3 legs are 0.02% better than Ea +1 legs

Conclusion: They're all pretty much the same damage. Sacro is free, Acuity costs about 10m, and Skrymir costs 60m. Metamorph and Mujin are about the same damage as well, but Metamorph is useful for lower dINT situations and has a lot of magic accuracy.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-20 14:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What INT did you use for the mob in your tests? How much INT helps wildly varies between a mob that has 350 INT and a mob that has 500 INT.
 Odin.Lawii
By Odin.Lawii 2023-02-20 14:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much Izanami, that is insightful.
By Izanami 2023-02-20 15:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
What INT did you use for the mob in your tests? How much INT helps wildly varies between a mob that has 350 INT and a mob that has 500 INT.

I used enemy_int=267, so dINT=+203 in the magic burst set I posted. Acuity Belt +1 R15 won with dINT=203, so it would likely win by even more against high end content with more INT.

Edit: At enemy_INT=400 (dINT=+70), I find the same MB set as above, but Acuity Belt +1 R15 is now 1.1% better than Skrymir Cord +1 and 0.9% better than Sacro Cord. These are all still very close, so it shouldn't matter much which you choose to use.

Also, I did the testing using Aero V. Stone spells are most sensitive to dINT changes while Thunder spells are least sensitive, but the difference is also minor for tier V spells.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-20 18:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do your calculations with Stone include Quanpur necklace for the extra Earth Affinity?
By Izanami 2023-02-20 18:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Do your calculations with Stone include Quanpur necklace for the extra Earth Affinity?

Yes. It pretty much always wins since I exclude magic resists entirely by default (100% magic hit rate with enemy_meva=0). If you want to simulate resists, then use enemy_meva>0. I'm not sure what a good value to use is, though.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-02-20 19:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Would these sets be good for something like Sortie basement bosses, with that in mind, or would I want a higher m.acc?
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 141 142 143