First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-09-01 10:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
For harder content like odyssey, the kayakaus set doesn’t have enough meva and mdb to survive some of the big hitters. Bunzi and nyame give you that protection. As such all of my current dt curing sets have at least bunzi robe because it’s 15% CP and dt.
Defense is also very important, especially for mobs with particularly high ATK, like in Odyssey. The DT is great, but isn't really enough by itself. RDM isn't cureskinning itself, it's taking those hits in full.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-09-01 10:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
For harder content like odyssey, the kayakaus set doesn’t have enough meva and mdb to survive some of the big hitters. Bunzi and nyame give you that protection. As such all of my current dt curing sets have at least bunzi robe because it’s 15% CP and dt.
Defense is also very important, especially for mobs with particularly high ATK, like in Odyssey. The DT is great, but isn't really enough by itself. RDM isn't cureskinning itself, it's taking those hits in full.

I agree, my DT sets are rocking 4/5 Bunzi/Nyame because of that. I don't have Kaykaus head, so I use a +17% Vanya hood in the head. Between those 2 pieces it's relatively easy to get to 50% CP with bunzi/nyame in the other slots.

Edit: I had thought about editing that to say def too before you replied, but I didn't get to it.
[+]
By ksoze 2022-09-16 06:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what is the correct thread here in rdm land

https://www.ffxiah.com/node/349

I'm looking at this node for seraph blade and it's recommending nyame (non aug) but when i look at ea houp +1 it seems alot better or am i missing smth?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-16 07:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The lines at the top says thst all path augmentable gear assumes max rank. I'm not sure why you think it's unaugmented Nyame in that set.
By ksoze 2022-09-16 07:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok sorry didn't see that
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2022-09-16 11:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s no explanations of what augments are on anything because I’m chewing around with the idea of changing some of the nyame to C specifically the legs. The node isn’t done at all because I’ve not had time to go back through it again with the introduction of mls and new skill totals etc. only reason it gets the occasional update at the moment is because the upgrades are no brainers in particular slots
By SimonSes 2022-09-16 12:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Any changes in guides now, before we see empy+3 is probably pointless.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2022-09-16 12:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Any changes in guides now, before we see empy+3 is probably pointless.

Pretty much why I’ve not touched it other than empyrean +2. Since r30 augments for odyssey are coming at some point and +3
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-16 16:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Empy +3 seems to be amazing, except maybe the hat.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-11-16 16:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hat is definately my lowest priority for rdm but still a solid item because of the high mag acc and set bonus for enfeebling/enhancing duration and also a great nuking item.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-16 17:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

On that note, what is the current "BiS" Free Nuke and Bursting sets, with and without the +3 Empy? Going through my RDM's nuke gear, seeing older stuff and wondering if it's still relevant.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-16 17:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

These should be the general "best" nuking and magic bursting sets on non-trivial enemies, assuming you have sufficient magic accuracy. RDM gets a lot less native MBB than BLM, so we don't really hit the point where gear MBB's bonus is severely diminished that BLMs are at, so we have less flexibility to ignore MBII. Waist goes between Orpheus/Hachirin/Sacro depending on if you have weather and distance to the mob. Unusually extreme mob INT or lopsided INT and MAB buffs/debuffs can cause other pieces to win situationally.

Without Empy +3 head, you can swap the free nuke set to a Merlinic Hood with a 30-40 MAB augment or Cath Pulag.

ItemSet 388333

ItemSet 388334
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-11-16 17:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

These are what I'm using.
ItemSet 388335
ItemSet 388332

I also often use Seidr Cotehardie and if I'm MBing without bunzi's then I gotta use Mizukage-no-kubukazari.
If you need more macc could swap out the almaric+1 with empy +3 for a relatively small dps loss but a ton of macc.

Without empy+2/3 I think it was mostly amalric+1 and the Cath Palug Crown for free nuke and ea +1 legs in the MB set.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-21 19:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've been dropping Almaric +1 in favor of more MACC from Empy +2.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-25 22:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok another question to the collective, RDM/RUN or RDM/PLD tanking sets. Does anyone have them, especially +enmity sets?
[+]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2022-11-25 23:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ok another question to the collective, RDM/RUN or RDM/PLD tanking sets. Does anyone have them, especially +enmity sets?

While these are by no means optimized, this is what I was toying with in hopes rdm/pld got reprisal:

ItemSet 385794

ItemSet 385464

ItemSet 385204

Hopefully these serve as a decent jumping off point if nothing else. The rdm endgame gear guide also has hands/feet with enm+ but they weren't 119 (could try Oseem augments but meh).
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-26 12:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Rager Ledelsens +1 and Nyame hands for Enmity set.

I picked up a cheap moonbeam cape to address HP issues. When I'm in my tanking engaged it keep the cape locked as a quick and dirty way to address the obvious problem. I have another Subtle Blow focused engaged set that I do my buffing in before switching to that set.

I think this is going to be my beginning set once i feel like throwing more money at it for the cape.
ItemSet 388492

neck can be unmoving or warder's. if you really care about shield block or something fancy on an ambu cape, you can flume and genmei earring to make it up or gelatinous ring. otherwise ring is either chirich +1s or shadow ring. carrier sash is also my ideal belt unless you're going for subtle blow and then finding a peiste +1 seems like it'll be unpleasant to find. earring can be whatever you want.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By Tathamet 2023-01-02 18:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of rdm/run and rdm/pld tanking- which spells are optimal to spam for enmity? Anything besides Flash/Foil?

Long ago I recall spamming sleep/dispel/blind/bind to build enmity. I heard SE tweaked the CE/VE values a few years back for most spells that were not designed specifically for enmity.
By quelthos 2023-01-03 04:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tathamet said: »
Speaking of rdm/run and rdm/pld tanking- which spells are optimal to spam for enmity? Anything besides Flash/Foil?

Long ago I recall spamming sleep/dispel/blind/bind to build enmity. I heard SE tweaked the CE/VE values a few years back for most spells that were not designed specifically for enmity.

Blind seems to have higher enmity and on a low CD.

I personally put set.enmity for blind and poison.
 Bahamut.Navius
Server: Bahamut
user: phot0nic
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-01-07 12:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to set up my enfeebling timers and could use some help figuring out how to properly calculate enfeebling duration. Either I'm doing something wrong in my calculations, or the Empyrean set bonus that is supposed to increase enfeebling duration under Composure isn't working.

As an example, this is my current set for when casting Dia under Composure:
ItemSet 389358

The equation from bg to calculate enfeebling duration is:
Quote:
((Base Duration × Saboteur) + (6s × RDM Group 2 Merit Point Level) + (3s × RDM Relic Head Group 2 Merit Point Level Augment) + RDM Enfeebling Job Points + RDM Stymie Job Points + Gear that list Seconds) × (Augments Composure Bonus) × (Duration listed on Gear) × (Duration Augments on Gear)

My calculations:
- The base duration for Dia is 60s
- I have 2 merits in enfeebling duration - 12s
- My RDM is mastered (full 20s of enfeebling duration from JPs)
- I have 4 pieces of Lethargy gear, which should give a +35% duration under Composure
- Between the Regal Cuffs, Obstinate Sash, Snotra Earring, and Kishar Ring, I should have +45% duration
- I have +25% duration on my neck augments

My total duration (Composure is active) should be:
Code
(60 + 12 + 20) * 1.35 * 1.45 * 1.25 = 225s

Instead, when casting Dia in game, my duration is 167s, which just happens to be equal to:
Code
(60 + 12 + 20) * 1.45 * 1.25 = 167s

This would imply that the set bonus from the Lethargy gear as it applies to enfeebling duration under Composure is not working. I have tested other spells as well, and this seems to be a trend. I can verify that Composure is definitely up when I'm testing, and I tried using showswaps to verify that my gear is swapping as intended.

So, am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else noticed the set bonus not working?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-01-07 13:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lock your gear in place and cast. Composure definitely enhances the duration.

Edit: also, flat increases in duration like JP apply before saboteur is applied, not after.
Nevermind, misremembered.
 Bahamut.Navius
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-01-07 14:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried locking in the exact set that I posted, and I still get a 167s Dia. At least this helped confirm that I'm not experiencing a gearswap issue, but the problem remains. Am I understanding the equation incorrectly? Equipping the Lethargy gear while under Composure seems to have no effect on duration.
By Jetackuu 2023-01-07 14:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing the lord's work, Nav.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-01-07 14:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The composure bonus is definitely not being applied to dia. Tested with just 4 pieces of lethargy gear on, and dia wears off after 1:20 for me, which is in line with my JP/merit distrobution. Sleep however lasts 1:48, which correctly applies the composure bonus. Interesting.

Edit: also not being applied to dia 3.
 Bahamut.Navius
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-01-07 15:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I tried Dia III last night, and that didn't work. I could have sworn I also tried paralyze, which also didn't work. I may be misremembering, though, it was late. I can go try that again.

Edit: Tried some more. Sleep (which has the same 60s duration as Dia) lasted for the expected 225s with the above set. I re-tried paralyze, and that lasted 372s with the above set, which is what I would expect if the Composure bonus was working. So it looks like Dia just doesn't count? Interesting.
By Nariont 2023-01-07 15:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess they ticked it back over to divine when it comes to composure
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-07 15:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Try bio (maybe do bio anyway even though its dark magic)

Would compile the list of all the enfeebs and submit a bug

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fillerbunny9 2023-01-26 16:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

intrloper said: »
What should melee RDM be off handing with enspell? Thanks.

that is a messy question and really comes down to what weaponskill you are likely to be using. if purely looking to maximize the Enspell damage, I would say Pukulatmuj +1 after augments. Demersal Degen +1 is a nice piece for Accuracy, but OA2 is really devalued from usage of Temper II. Daybreak joins the fray when you want to Seraph as hard as you can. Gleti's should be strong with some points in it if you are otherwise using physical WS but not trying to Naegling it up for some reason.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-01-26 19:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i was today years old when i found out composure affects enfeebling magic duration xD
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 141 142 143