First Page 2
 Odin.Ehleni
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2016-10-03 11:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone

I'm currently an ex-BST. Focused on some other jobs for a while but I have been soloing a lot back in the Abyssea days.

I'm starting to get interested in building a Mythic. I have seen people doing Einherjar so I'm thinking that it might be possible for BST to do all of the quests and farming necesarry to build the Mythic.

Is this true? Building an Aymur would be awesome.

Currently I'm building all of my sets and after that I will start building my job points in order to master them.
By Wordspoken 2016-10-03 12:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, mythic is soloable, I did majority of my Mythic solo, not einherjar though, but it's soloable too.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-10-03 12:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do a mythic solo on BST, every step. The Nyzul climb and farm, the assaults, Einherjar, and the alexandrite. I don't know if you can farm the scoria solo on BST but every other step is easy enough.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-03 12:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Beaztmaster made and after glowed his Aymur prior to the 119(3) version. Iirc, he did it entirely solo.
 Odin.Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2016-10-03 12:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! Farming the Scoria is probably a bit overkill and might be easier to just buy.

Need to get my BST geared up so I can get started :)

Thanks for the replies!!
By Wordspoken 2016-10-03 12:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just that, making a mythic at 2016 is that easy. You just go for it.
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-03 12:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, with the exception of maybe a few annoying assaults, you can solo a mythic with enough invest of time. As you inquired in your other thread though, Aeonics are not soloable.
By Wordspoken 2016-10-03 12:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
Yep, with the exception of maybe a few annoying assaults, you can solo a mythic with enough invest of time. As you inquired in your other thread though, Aeonics are not soloable.
Not maybe, there are few really annoying assaults. Just need few retries is all. Annoying yes, doable yes.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Server: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2016-10-03 13:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I did most of my mythic solo and finished it in a week. I only had 5 different assaults recorded so had to get captain and kill 2/3 kings. I only had 7k ichor but 70k tokens. Help came from NI but I could easily 3 box them but prob get ~ 5 less floors (avg was 15-20 with 1 extra person helping); maybe 5 assaults that are much easier w/ help.

Mostly done on BLM (gimp might I add)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-10-03 13:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know what ASE is? Guess not oldschool enough. You don't even have to do the assaults lol. Can build a mythic in like 50 60 hours if you do it straight if you have the gil to buy the Alex. Nyzul can average 10-15k token per run if "fast" and einherjar just get a buddy and a mule and do 3 > Odin2 > repeat. SMN can solo odin2 if someone kills the adds (keep 1 alive though, BST can too. Good luck its very easy and they are the best weapons. Don't build an Aeonic unless you're doing the horn, the dagger(offhand) or the sword(offhand). Aymur is easily the best BST weapon.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-03 13:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There are better Aeonics than just those 3. Certainly worth bothering with anyway.

Lionheart is great for a RUN for example. As well as Fomalhaut for a COR or Trishula for a DRG, etc.

No one should be discouraged from making any Aeonic simply because part of this game now is clearing that content with/for people and you can make many weapons just doing that for those who haven't.

-SR
[+]
By Nocki 2016-10-03 13:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Don't build an Aeonic unless you're doing the horn, the dagger(offhand) or the sword(offhand

I don't know any THFs who offhand aeonic, afaik perfect taming sari is best offhand if you don't offhand twash, or if you're mainhanding twash. Mainhanding aeonic sword will outdo either of the other swords for mainhand if you're using Savage. DRG, RUN, NIN, COR/RNG, and SAM all benefit very nicely from their aeonic and will pull ahead of the respective mythic or empy in certain cases.
Just because those are the most popular doesn't mean the others aren't good. Staff, Shield, and Scythe are good for lockstyle too!
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-03 13:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Pafos said: »
There are better Aeonics than just those 3. Certainly worth bothering with anyway.

Lionheart is great for a RUN for example. As well as Fomalhaut for a COR or Trishula for a DRG, etc.

No one should be discouraged from making any Aeonic simply because part of this game now is clearing that content with/for people and you can make many weapons just doing that for those who haven't.

-SR

Personally I think horn is bigger improvement than everything else though ._. Since everyone DD better with honor march ._.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-10-03 13:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know what ASE is? Guess not oldschool enough. You don't even have to do the assaults lol. Can build a mythic in like 50 60 hours if you do it straight if you have the gil to buy the Alex. Nyzul can average 10-15k token per run if "fast" and einherjar just get a buddy and a mule and do 3 > Odin2 > repeat. SMN can solo odin2 if someone kills the adds (keep 1 alive though, BST can too. Good luck its very easy and they are the best weapons. Don't build an Aeonic unless you're doing the horn, the dagger(offhand) or the sword(offhand). Aymur is easily the best BST weapon.

Great advice until the bolded. That is vastly inaccurate and in a good deal of situations an aeonic will pull ahead of RME.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-03 13:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

-SR

Personally I think horn is bigger improvement than everything else though ._.

Well obviously, as it is a significant buff to 5 others :P

-SR

(Can I stop signing SR if I am just using Pafos now?)
 Asura.Silversean
By Asura.Silversean 2016-10-03 13:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo'd Tizona on BLU and the only issue was Odin, I rolled SCH, kept RR up and landed a 10k Helix 2 on him and chilled. Mythic solo (not including afterglow) took me 3 weeks.

To maximize runs I did: Einherjar x1, Salvagex x2-3, Einherjar x1, Salvage x2-3...rinse and repeat. The shitty parts were ZNM x3, ZNMx3 for trials, and Iron Giant trails, because Arrapago you can only do once per day, but IIRC Tizona is only Arrapago.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-10-03 14:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

-SR

-SR

No I like it. It's kind of like a broadcaster signing off.
 Bahamut.Darksouls
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2016-10-06 00:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this is a stupid question but how do you avoid been one-shoted by original salvage zone chariot using discoid...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-06 00:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

-SR

-SR

...why don't you just post on your account?
By Felgarr 2016-10-06 00:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is no one saying anything about tokens?

This is at level 119, but even with flee hacks, 3 chars (1 sits at the lamp) and getting 2 free floors, that's 30 floors, we got 12k tokens. I don't see how anyone could get 15k tokens. Even 10k tokens is a stretch.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-10-06 00:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darksouls said: »
Maybe this is a stupid question but how do you avoid been one-shoted by original salvage zone chariot using discoid...
A few things that can work:

- MDT gear/Shell (up to -50%)
- Tenebrae Vallation from /RUN (-30% Light damage, multiplied with the MDT)
- Shadow Ring/Engulfer Cape can proc if you're willing/able to use them
- Running away, as the distance is 10' based on the Chariot

For jobs like say, COR, a solution could be to sub RUN. You'll get Shell II (-14% MDT), Vallation, and access to Sanguine Blade for clutch healing, as well as a few other little tricks.

edit: Another strategy would be going /SMN, where you'd have access to RR (Cait Sith) and a cheap pet like Carbuncle to soak up half the damage. You'd likely need to use Summoner's Roll though.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-06 01:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[Don't build an Aeonic unless you're doing the horn, the dagger(offhand) or the sword(offhand).

[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-10-06 01:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Why is no one saying anything about tokens?

This is at level 119, but even with flee hacks, 3 chars (1 sits at the lamp) and getting 2 free floors, that's 30 floors, we got 12k tokens. I don't see how anyone could get 15k tokens. Even 10k tokens is a stretch.
He's cheating better than you. Hadn't heard of ASE since 2009 but as much as he brags he probably doesn't even have the bugged version of it, which makes things even less annoying.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2016-10-06 01:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I did it for one of my x3 fights against chariot for DP was prob lucky but I light shot him to sleep around 30% then jus waited for full TP then killed w/ leaden salute.
 Bahamut.Darksouls
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2016-10-06 05:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jean and Soraiļ¼Œthx for the input.
[+]
 Odin.Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2016-10-06 20:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have done some assaults. Some quests were really annoying like that Corsair you need to guide.

I also did my first Nyzul Isle climb. Wow how the hell are you obtaining 10-15k tokens per run??

On the "activate all lamps" floors I was running around like an idiot trying to find them all. On one floor I had to activate them in a particular order and it took me 12 minutes to get it right.. lost a hell a lot of time on that floor. But I progressed 5 floors at a time and reached floor 10 and completed it on two runs in total. But that only gave me 1k each.

With that amount of tokens per run it will take around 150 runs to get it all and I wasted 500 tokens to jump to the 6th floor. :/

Do you gain tokens for each floor or do you have to complete 5 every time in order to get the tokens?
By fillerbunny9 2016-10-06 21:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

you gain greater token rewards by starting at a higher level. you are not likely to be getting 10-15k solo, a solid group of 3 people (two runners and one person at the lamp), starting at floor 95, and with a lot of luck will get you that much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-10-06 21:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's right, you only gain tokens after completing 5 floors.

Old wiki has a chart for how many tokens are awarded in Nyzul.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Nyzul_Isle_Investigation

It might be best to leave and start again in some cases of a really difficult lamp floor.
By iambatman3131 2016-10-06 22:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't!
you zombie it.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-10-07 00:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

the hardest part of mythics is getting off my lazy *** and doing it lol just go at it but try to mix in other stuff so you don't decide to spoon out your eyes on day 3
[+]
First Page 2