| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-03 07:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

When do you play? Myself and others ask for PUPs when we do CP all the time. It's just that without the campaign doing CP is rare.

That aside, Apex bats are the only worthwhile thing to kill if you are solo. If you can reliably five step them, they go down quick and easy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-03 09:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The accuracy requirements aren't all that bad iirc. It's only like 1120ish I believe. If you are using Ohtas and accuracy food you should be okay in even just Taeon gear. Dunno if you can tp fast enough for a 5 step though.
By KenkonkenNezha 2016-10-14 15:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

One "PUP insular" method I found that worked well for me was Apex bats was 3-4 PUPs:

PUP#1 Valoredge (No Inhib, focusing on tanking and doing Bone Crusher)

PUP#2: Valoredge Hd/Sharpshot Bd (Inhibitors equip and STP gear to close Light Skillchain with Valoredge)

PUP#3-6: Spiritreavers (Amplifier/MAB/Icemaker and other MAB/MACC attachments as can be fit to maximize MB damage)

Alternatively if you welcome non-PUP jobs you can get a BLM or two instead of nuking PUPs which will just about finish any mob after 1 SC and COR/GEO for buffs/debuffs/MB.

I managed about 90JP an hr this way [180JP/hr during double campaign).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
By Xilk 2016-12-04 06:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
When do you play? Myself and others ask for PUPs when we do CP all the time. It's just that without the campaign doing CP is rare.

That aside, Apex bats are the only worthwhile thing to kill if you are solo. If you can reliably five step them, they go down quick and easy.

Can you give example of a 5 step?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-12-04 06:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijin Spiral > Armor Piercer > V.Smite > Armor Shatterer > V. Smite
 Asura.Fabiano
Server: Asura
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2016-12-12 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you Duo with another PUP, you can also do a big 6-step Double Light!

(PUP1)Stringing Pummel -> (Auto1)Armor Shatterer -> (Auto2)Armor Piercer -> (PUP2)Victory Smite -> (Auto1)Armor Shatterer -> (PUP1)Victory Smite
By Xilk 2016-12-12 15:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to go back and get Victory Smite for this.

I would think that with 2 auto only in a storetp build, you could infinitely chain level 2 skillchains and convert to any level 3 skillchian, but you would need the master to make it a double light.

fragmentation > distortion > fusion > gravitation > repeat

Bone Crusher > String Shredder > Armor Shatterer > Armor Piercer >

Oh wow, Auto's also have between just sharpshot and valoredge, all the t1 skillchain properties and all the t2 properties. unfortunately, no auto's have any t3 properties.

I should think that 2 Auto's in store tp could make almost any manner of skillchain until then doubled up t3.

it would probably be easier to start with level 1 skill chains in order to try to keep a chain alternating between automatons.
By Bamboom 2016-12-12 15:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys sub SAM to make this a little easier? Sometimes I miss the 3rd WS window. I'll post my gear below, maybe that's the problem:

ItemSet 348242

The herculean have pet: store tp +10 on each piece with other garbage stats... Hoping to get better combos once I get more funds

I'd change the MA earrings to DA earrings but sometimes the bard casts refresh songs so I like to keep those for those cases.

Here's my trust setup when soloing:

Sylvie
Joachim or Shantotto II for additional MB damage
Ulmia
Koru-Moru
Gessho(for bats) August for other apex
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-12-13 11:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
I need to go back and get Victory Smite for this.

I would think that with 2 auto only in a storetp build, you could infinitely chain level 2 skillchains and convert to any level 3 skillchian, but you would need the master to make it a double light.

fragmentation > distortion > fusion > gravitation > repeat

Bone Crusher > String Shredder > Armor Shatterer > Armor Piercer >

Oh wow, Auto's also have between just sharpshot and valoredge, all the t1 skillchain properties and all the t2 properties. unfortunately, no auto's have any t3 properties.

I should think that 2 Auto's in store tp could make almost any manner of skillchain until then doubled up t3.

it would probably be easier to start with level 1 skill chains in order to try to keep a chain alternating between automatons.

It'd be nice if it worked like that, but Automatons tend to *** up skillchains when there are more than two of them on a target. I have no clue how the AI works it out, but somehow Automatons know what the others are doing. They will allow whatever Automaton to go that can cause a lv3 chain, meaning that if you wanted some sort of infinite chain with just automatons you'd need to deploy/retrieve them in sequence so the game picks the right automaton to perform a WS. Otherwise they'll mostly stand there looking stupid and occasionally performing a WS.

Bamboom said: »
Do you guys sub SAM to make this a little easier? Sometimes I miss the 3rd WS window. I'll post my gear below, maybe that's the problem:

ItemSet 348242

The herculean have pet: store tp +10 on each piece with other garbage stats... Hoping to get better combos once I get more funds

You're geared almost entirely for the Automaton when it needs almost no help to get TP in time for WS. If you aren't going to swap between master and pet sets, use a set that focuses more on the master while giving your automaton capped haste(that's all he really needs if your attachments are solid.)
By Bamboom 2016-12-13 12:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »

ItemSet 348242

You're geared almost entirely for the Automaton when it needs almost no help to get TP in time for WS. If you aren't going to swap between master and pet sets, use a set that focuses more on the master while giving your automaton capped haste(that's all he really needs if your attachments are solid.)

Thanks for the help! I tried to match my set as much as possible for the Pet DD set listed here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Puppetmaster!_A_Community_Collaborative_Guide, but I guess I misunderstood the set purpose. Thanks for clearing up that misunderstanding! It was pretty insane how fast pets get tp with this set though! So having a set like that is mostly for overdrive/pet only dd situations?

I saw a few a sets listed by fellow pups in the main thread so I'll try to match what they've posted for hybrid sets.
By Xilk 2016-12-23 20:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijin Spiral > Armor Piercer > V.Smite > Armor Shatterer > V. Smite

how do you get auto to do Armor piercer instead of Armor Shatterer?

when I try this, automaton keeps doing Shatterer for Impaction, instead of Piercer, for gravitation.

equipping speedloader resolved this.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-23 20:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijin > piercer should make gravitation. If it's not using it, use inhibitor or speedloader. otherwise it'll default to shatterer since you likely have a wind maneuver up.
By Xilk 2016-12-23 20:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Shijin > piercer should make gravitation. If it's not using it, use inhibitor or speedloader. otherwise it'll default to shatterer since you likely have a wind maneuver up.

adding speadloader fixed it. However, I did not have a wind maneuver up, and even w/ dark maneuver, it waas only using armor shatterer
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2016-12-23 22:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So i was using the advice in this thread and it worked out very well ^.^! So thank you for all the helpful advice! Quick question though, I just hit 100 job points and I was curious if I should switch my fire attachments around.

Originally, pre 100 jp, I had: Inhibitor 1+2 and Speedloader 1+2, with the 2 extra fire from the 100 jp gift i removed an armor plate I had on for an attuner. Should I instead remove the attuner and perhaps a speedloader or inhibitor to fit tension springs in? My target is Apex bats in Dho Gates (I think its doh, always get doh and woh confused, the one with the crab bowl), and i wasn't sure which would increase my attack more, a tension spring or an attuner.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-12-24 14:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

which Area would you guys recommend to do as PUP x PUP ?

and what Attachments should we use ?

Please try to give us 2-3 areas in case 1st is full or doesn't work due to issues (such as mob is too high EVA or too high DEF making it slowga to kill)

Thank you :)
[+]
By Teuphist 2016-12-29 12:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Apex Bats/Crabs - Dho Gates - Enter from Foret De Hennetial near Biv 4.
Fomors/Gargouille - Ra'Kaznar Inner Court - Enter from Woh Gates, map 2, H-9 (This place is nearly always empty on Asura, I wouldn't be surprised if it were on other servers. It's a troop to get to).
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-12-30 17:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when I was trying to get my last few hundred JP, I eventually settled on apex efts in Moh Gates J-8/K-8. The best thing about them is that they do not aggro or link, so you just have to worry about the one you're fighting.

The big problem I had was accuracy, Even with shiromochi, I had to put away the Kenkonken and use my upgraded Ohtas. It didn't help that the trusts kept giving me attack buffs when I needed more accuracy.