The Tumult Curator Thread

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2020-03-17
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » The Tumult Curator Thread
The Tumult Curator Thread
First Page 2 3 4
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6115
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-08-30 06:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
A thread to discuss this NM Exclusively, and a collective resource for anyone interested in this Fight.



This Notorious Monster is one of the hardest 6+ man content. It is based of the original Pandemonium Warden fight, but ready at 145 content level, the highest within the game.
To obtain access to Tumult Curator, you must clear the Unity ToAU Kings, Shedu(Khim)*, Sarama(Cerb) and Thu'uban(Hydra).

*There is a bug with being able to use the Unity warp to fight this NM, some people can, some people cannot warp to this fight. But walking to the pop and winning will still grant access to Curator.

Tumult Curator goes through his phases similar to the Original Pandy fight, but with an added spin. Instead of popping as just the single Mega Boss, he will spawn first as the Salvage Bosses, all of them simultaneously. Then All the Beastmen ToAU Mega bosses, then all the Beasts (Khim,cerb,Hydra) bosses, until finally he transforms into a Single, Pandy warden with his Lamps.
When in this Form, he has access to Astral flow, which he will always use at 74%, 49%, 24% and 4%. All Drevgr abilities, Sleepaga II (Which will seemingly always land), A 300HP a Tick Bio Aura (Which does not break sleep....?)

As you can tell, he can be a nasty piece of work without the proper communication.

How do you fight this NM?
There is one of two strats, one is far more well known the other i will be covering myself, and is based of a Japanese battle plan, written on a Linkshell blog (I'll find the link later).


Super BLU Meta Style:

The most "Known" Strategy for Tumult Curator is the the Strategy written by Mischief, available on this video.
YouTube Video Placeholder


With the write up of his strategy written bellow.


There are several Pro's and con's to this fight style. Here's some of the Key ones in my opinion.

Pro's:
  • Geared well, the first forms are efficient.


  • BLU's take considerably less damage than a NIN.


  • Basically have every buff known to man.


  • More time to Arrange the Use of One For All for main party survival


  • More than one DD....



Con's:
  • Super Party Rotations.


  • Super Taxing on everyone but the BLU's to stay alive.


  • MP Management can be stressful


  • Everyone has to 100% Know what is going on at all times for this to work well. (Aka. everyone needs to have read and revised the strat)






Super Ninjustu style
This fight is currently nearly exclusively used by Japanese players, but i understand the fight well enough to write this out in full for anyone regardless of language to write out.

So first things first, this style largely capitalizes on the NIN Aeonic. If you have ever seen any Japanese players with Aeonics, i guarantee you they have the NIN Aeonic. As much as many people view most aeonics as trophy pieces, a NIN set up well can solo Radiance all day every day, whatever the weather. From my Experience with both the BLU style and the NIN style, This soul factor means a solo NIN is just as fast as two BLUs, As Crazy sounding as that may seem... <_<;


So here is the write up.

Pro's and con's:

Pro's:
  • Not as much Party Rotation's, Everyone who is required to be alive for final form is in the same party.


  • 1 1/2 DDs, so less stress on the WHM to provide a spectacular performance.


  • Radiance looks pretty.


  • 1 less person than the BLU strat, so parties are easier to swap between.


  • The NIN can afford at least 1 Death... With Mjin.



Con's:
  • 1 DD...


  • NIN has Terrible M.eva.


  • Dependent on having Aeonics/Mythics/Ergon's on nearly every single party member.


  • Can afford some party members having no idea what's going on...




I hope this helps, and allows for the collection of additional data for this NM.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
Posts: 665
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-30 08:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What is preventing BLUs to do Radiance though if it is that important (which is not at all)?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2609
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-30 08:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
What is preventing BLUs to do Radiance though if it is that important (which is not at all)?

Lack of a fusion WS to make base light I would guess.

Question: Why a NIN? Is there a defensive property of NIN that makes them viable instead of other melee that could potentially bust out enough damage?
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 08:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
*There is a bug with being able to use the Unity warp to fight this NM, some people can, some people cannot warp to this fight. But walking to the pop and winning will still grant access to Curator.
I don't think this is a bug, happens for the 3 guys necessary to gain access to Tumult Curator as well.
Some people have warp, some people don't.
There's some pre-requirement to be able to warp there but I dunno what it is, probably having fought and killed the original version? Or the ZNM version too?
I dunno but some requirement like that, whatever it is.
Ask the people who couldn't warp if they ever fought the original PW and ever farmed a Gold Key (whatever the pop item name is) on their own.

Anyway thanks for creating this thread and for sharing the second approach I never heard about before!
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 396
By Sylph.Braden 2016-08-30 08:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Question: Why a NIN? Is there a defensive property of NIN that makes them viable instead of other melee that could potentially bust out enough damage?

JP Flavor of the Month

I can't imagine Radiance is a gamechanger when he seems to have -50% MDT, and neither strategy mentions shadows (aside from EES, which Mischief eats in the video for 1k anyway) or Scherzo/Migawari stuff.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 08:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Question: Why a NIN? Is there a defensive property of NIN that makes them viable instead of other melee that could potentially bust out enough damage?
Yeah, why a NIN? I'm not getting it from your strat. It could be a RUN or many other jobs.
Also you talk about NIN having bad macc. Why does it matter if NIN has a macc? You don't talk about landing NIN debuffs or magic bursts?

Also why is Epeolatry necessary on the RUN? Will he be tanking in an attempt to let the NIN stay behind the target to make use of Innin JA?
And why /BLM for one of the BRD? I assume for Elementalseal Lullaby to have additional tools to sleep the lamps other than just NiTro?

Furthermore I'm confident the ~1600 Accuracy requirement is before the last patch which greatly reduced the amount of EVA monsters get from AGI.
Last but not least next patch in september is gonna apply the Ambuscade AoE change to everything outside as well.
If that works for Tumult Curator too, I guess some of those moves will suddenly become less dangerous when you have a proper tank keeping enmity on him?
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
Posts: 665
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-30 08:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Braden said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Question: Why a NIN? Is there a defensive property of NIN that makes them viable instead of other melee that could potentially bust out enough damage?

JP Flavor of the Month

I can't imagine Radiance is a gamechanger when he seems to have -50% MDT, and neither strategy mentions shadows (aside from EES, which Mischief eats in the video for 1k anyway) or Scherzo/Migawari stuff.

Yeah, Migawari would make a much better excuse than Radiance for a NIN DD, tbh. The damage is severely gimped anyway, there is like no point.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6115
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-08-30 08:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
*There is a bug with being able to use the Unity warp to fight this NM, some people can, some people cannot warp to this fight. But walking to the pop and winning will still grant access to Curator.
I don't think this is a bug, happens for the 3 guys necessary to gain access to Tumult Curator as well.
Some people have warp, some people don't.
There's some pre-requirement to be able to warp there but I dunno what it is, probably having fought and killed the original version? Or the ZNM version too?
I dunno but some requirement like that, whatever it is.
Ask the people who couldn't warp if they ever fought the original PW and ever farmed a Gold Key (whatever the pop item name is) on their own.

Anyway thanks for creating this thread and for sharing the second approach I never heard about before!
I've asked all the original people, this happened last night, they had full ToAU, Had killed all the ZNM varients, as well as Pandy himself. It was just weird, like it cant be because they havnt killed their normal variant, because i have never killed cerb and i have Sarama warp.
I've also never farmed a Pandy pop myself on Lina, but i have full access. it's why it's so wierd.

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
What is preventing BLUs to do Radiance though if it is that important (which is not at all)?

Lack of a fusion WS to make base light I would guess.

Question: Why a NIN? Is there a defensive property of NIN that makes them viable instead of other melee that could potentially bust out enough damage?
Largely shadows. It makes it easier long run, BLU shoudln't and will not have Blink set up for the fight, so long term BLU is taking more damage from the build up NMs, where as a NIN is not. I'm still very confused though as to how a NIN is out DPSing a BLU so efficiently.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
Posts: 665
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-30 08:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I'm still very confused though as to how a NIN is out DPSing a BLU so efficiently.

Maybe, it is because most JP BLUs are still under the mindset of macc swords from the VNM days? I mean, are they?
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 08:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Braden said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Question: Why a NIN? Is there a defensive property of NIN that makes them viable instead of other melee that could potentially bust out enough damage?

JP Flavor of the Month
C'mon it has to be something else than that, but I can't imagine what.
NIN can easily reach attack delay cap even with less haste buffs compared to other jobs.
But so can jobs like THF, DNC and BLU.
Arguably NIN can pull out more damage than THF but not sure it can exceed a BLU or a DNC playing with the same approach using their respective Aeonics.
Well no, BLU can't do that because Requiescat is Darkness-alligned (so no Radiance)
But Exenterator is light-alligned so DNC could do exactely what a NIN does?
And likely have a higher damage output.
The differences I can see is that NIN would have slightly better acc (if you can use Innin) better Utsusemi, way less enmity generated (making it easier for a tank to keep the current target on himself) and uhm... Migawari? Oh and of course Shun is a much better WS than Exenterator of course.
Can't think of anything else.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6115
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-08-30 08:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I'm still very confused though as to how a NIN is out DPSing a BLU so efficiently.

Maybe, it is because most JP BLUs are still under the mindset of macc swords from the VNM days?
I don't think so lol. Seein' their using Sequence on BLU anyways lol...
Their BLUs are set up the same as English BLU's it's just different.

Bare in mind for Japanese client, there is a huge fear of Windower, and third party tools. Their largely default client.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
Posts: 665
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-30 08:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
Sylph.Braden said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Question: Why a NIN? Is there a defensive property of NIN that makes them viable instead of other melee that could potentially bust out enough damage?

JP Flavor of the Month
C'mon it has to be something else than that, but I can't imagine what.
NIN can easily reach attack delay cap even with less haste buffs compared to other jobs.
But so can jobs like THF, DNC and BLU.
Arguably NIN can pull out more damage than THF but not sure it can exceed a BLU or a DNC playing with the same approach using their respective Aeonics.
Well no, BLU can't do that because Requiescat is Darkness-alligned (so no Radiance)
But Exenterator is light-alligned so DNC could do exactely what a NIN does?
And likely have a higher damage output.
The differences I can see is that NIN would have slightly better acc (if you can use Innin) better Utsusemi, way less enmity generated (making it easier for a tank to keep the current target on himself) and uhm... Migawari? Oh and of course Shun is a much better WS than Exenterator of course.
Can't think of anything else.

BLU can still radiance by CDC>CDC after activating AM with Requiescat.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6115
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-08-30 08:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Sylph.Braden said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Question: Why a NIN? Is there a defensive property of NIN that makes them viable instead of other melee that could potentially bust out enough damage?

JP Flavor of the Month
C'mon it has to be something else than that, but I can't imagine what.
NIN can easily reach attack delay cap even with less haste buffs compared to other jobs.
But so can jobs like THF, DNC and BLU.
Arguably NIN can pull out more damage than THF but not sure it can exceed a BLU or a DNC playing with the same approach using their respective Aeonics.
Well no, BLU can't do that because Requiescat is Darkness-alligned (so no Radiance)
But Exenterator is light-alligned so DNC could do exactely what a NIN does?
And likely have a higher damage output.
The differences I can see is that NIN would have slightly better acc (if you can use Innin) better Utsusemi, way less enmity generated (making it easier for a tank to keep the current target on himself) and uhm... Migawari? Oh and of course Shun is a much better WS than Exenterator of course.
Can't think of anything else.

BLU can still radiance by CDC>CDC after activating AM with Requiescat.
Yes but that means actually using Requiescat, which most don't do, and a DPS drop in doing so anyways.
NIN can just Blade:Shun back to back and not really have a care in the world.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
Posts: 665
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-30 08:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Yes but that means actually using Requiescat, which most don't do, and a DPS drop in doing so anyways.
NIN can just Blade:Shun back to back and not really have a care in the world.

Shun > Shun doesn't make anything though.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 08:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I've also never farmed a Pandy pop myself on Lina, but i have full access. it's why it's so wierd.
There is a requirement for sure. I think it was found out for the original 3 unity Khim/Cerb/Hydra, bet it's somewhere in the depths of BG forums, in the unity thread maybe. I remember that being discussed and someone pointing it out, I just can't remember what it was...


Quote:
Largely shadows. It makes it easier long run, BLU shoudln't and will not have Blink set up for the fight, so long term BLU is taking more damage from the build up NMs, where as a NIN is not. I'm still very confused though as to how a NIN is out DPSing a BLU so efficiently.
I dunno...
Well clearly NIN shines with their Utusemi San, but I assume a lot of the really dangerous moves in this fight just STRIP of your shdows or go through them because AoE etc?
BLU might not have shadows as efficient as NIN's, but they can setup a plethora of defensive buffs up making you simply laugh at Utsusemi/Blink.
Clearly utsusemi can't be the reason here? There has to be something else.

Also if you can screenshot the TP gear (through a /check!) your NIN friend is using, it would help us a lot to give us a rough idea of how he's gearing up for the fight :)
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 08:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Shun > Shun doesn't make anything though.
With AM3 up Shun > Shun makes radiance.
Shun acquires the L3 Light property when AM (any AM) is up, and if it's AM3 you can just make Radiance every 2 Shuns you shoot.

DNC and BLU could do similar things but would require a slightly more complex rotation of WSs and TPholding.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
Posts: 665
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-30 08:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I've also never farmed a Pandy pop myself on Lina, but i have full access. it's why it's so wierd.
There is a requirement for sure. I think it was found out for the original 3 unity Khim/Cerb/Hydra, bet it's somewhere in the depths of BG forums, in the unity thread maybe. I remember that being discussed and someone pointing it out, I just can't remember what it was...

Need to kill unm khim/hydra/cerb to access TC.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6115
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-08-30 08:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 

Here. That's his TP.
Damp tam, Combatant torque,
Shigi.
Back has DEX +20 ACC/ATK+20 DATK+10,
Feet have DEX+9 ACC+36 ATTK+31 Triple ATTACK+3
Epona Hetairoi ring.
Kentarch belt +1
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 08:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I've also never farmed a Pandy pop myself on Lina, but i have full access. it's why it's so wierd.
There is a requirement for sure. I think it was found out for the original 3 unity Khim/Cerb/Hydra, bet it's somewhere in the depths of BG forums, in the unity thread maybe. I remember that being discussed and someone pointing it out, I just can't remember what it was...

Need to kill unm khim/hydra/cerb to access TC.
No lol
We were talking about something else Vine.

Some people are able to use the Unity warp for those 4 UNMs after selecting the right RoE, some people don't, just like Shadowlina pointed out.
At least for the 3 basic ones I remember there being a requirement and I remember people freaking out and discussing about it somewhere (BG unity thread maybe?)
I also remember someone pointing out what the requirement is but I can't remember what it was... =/

I assume there's certainly a similar requirement for Tumult Curator.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 08:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Bare in mind for Japanese client, there is a huge fear of Windower, and third party tools. Their largely default client.
I dunno.
JP friend who stopped playing long time ago and was kinda proficient with english told me there are surely people afraid of third party tools (hell, there are still many like those in the EU/US as well, altough way less than, say, 5 years ago), but it was also a matter of not trusting those non-open-source tools because they weren't JP.

Some of them used windower and stuff, but not many.

I think it's no longer mantained but long time ago JP players had all sort of JP-only special third party tools displaying a lot of ***, some of which was pure sci-fi compared to what we had at the time for Windower.
It was sort like a single app with several radar, TP, buffs and stuff displaying on screen on top of your default FF screen.
He showed me some screenshots. Nowadays it wouldn't seem anything special but back then it looked so hot lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
Posts: 665
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-30 08:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Shun > Shun doesn't make anything though.
With AM3 up Shun > Shun makes radiance.
Shun acquires the L3 Light property when AM (any AM) is up, and if it's AM3 you can just make Radiance every 2 Shuns you shoot.

But as I said, DNC could do exactely the same with Exenterator, or a RUN with Resolution, and so on.
(nope, not a BLU, Requiescat has L3 Dark property during AM)

Req sucks anyway :D I would still spam CDC even if TC was weak to darkness instead of light. And yeah, I forgot about the property bonus, but anyway, wouldn't that be detrimental to your performance? Just spam shun if it is that good. I think it would still be better than saving 3000 tp for every other Shun.

Edit:
Asura.Sechs said:
Would CDC>CDC make radiance as well, if you activate AM3 with Requiescat?
Not sure about that :x

I don't remember this part about Aeonic. Once you activated the AM3, can it be any L3 property WS > L3 property WS (same) that creates Umbra/Radiance, or does it have to be the signature WS?

Yes and yes, CDC>CDC makes Radiance and any same L3 property WS combination of two ends with Radiance or Umbra once AM3 is active.

Asura.Sechs said:
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Need to kill unm khim/hydra/cerb to access TC.
No lol
We were talking about something else Vine.

Some people are able to use the Unity warp for those 4 UNMs after selecting the right RoE, some people don't, just like Shadowlina pointed out.

That is what happens when you don't read the whole thing derp.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 09:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Yes but that means actually using Requiescat, which most don't do, and a DPS drop in doing so anyways.
NIN can just Blade:Shun back to back and not really have a care in the world.
Not really "back to back". The AM effect is consumed when you produce a Radiance.
So he was probably using... AM2?
Something like this
1) Wait for 2000+ TP
2) Use Shun (after this, AM2 will activate
3) Wait for 1000+ TP
4) Use Shun again (now Shun will have Light property and will make Light with the previously launched Shun, used to activate the AM)
5) Wait for 1000+ TP again
6) Shun (will make Radiance with the previous Light and eat the AM)

I might be missing an additional step, not sure, but it's something like that.
For BLU to be able to pull out something like this with CDC>CDC, I think you would have to wait for 3000 TP before using Requiescat, to activate AM3.
Possible but way less beneficial than with NIN.
Altough I dunno, a Radiance created with CDC must be quite some damage, given how the SC damage is related to the closing WS damage :D



Edit:
Thanks for posting gear Lina.
Augments on feet are very very hot, but the rest is something quite standard/affordable.
Was the ammo an NQ Happo Shuriken or some other 119 ammo? There are only 2 that I can think of, oh nvm three. Titan one, AA GK one and the SU2 one you can buy from NPC.
Also Combatant Torque grants less acc than other options (but it also grats ~15 att/ratt, and grants racc as well that many other necks don't have)
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6115
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-08-30 09:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Well I asked about damage just from per weaponskill, Mischief is showing average 7,000 ~ 10,000
So was our NINs across several fights with different Ninja, they where also doing 7,000 ~ 10,000.
The difference has to be the spike damage from skillchain's
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 09:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It's also possible that somehow those targets have some hidden -Crit Rate taken like the old Legion mobs used to have.
That would reduce the overall efficiency of WSs like CDC while not really affecting stuff like Shun at all, hence reducing what normally is quite a considerable gap between the 2 WSs.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6115
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-08-30 09:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
Thanks for posting gear Lina.
Augments on feet are very very hot, but the rest is something quite standard/affordable.
Was the ammo an NQ Happo Shuriken or some other 119 ammo? There are only 2 that I can think of, oh nvm three. Titan one, AA GK one and the SU2 one you can buy from NPC.
Also Combatant Torque grants less acc than other options (but it also grats ~15 att/ratt, and grants racc as well that many other necks don't have)

It's Seki shuriken. Sorry w
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ikariiiii
Posts: 122
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2016-08-30 09:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
From my experience with unity PW, its mostly a joke until the final stage.

We used BLU BLU(both with sequence) WHM(no yagrush) BRD(R/E/M) GEO(idris) SMN(earthen armor, no nirvana), PLD(burt/aegis) in out party. Both PTs would get super buffed, and we would put all the mages in with the PLD for lots of ballad action prior to popping (really helps as this battle is very taxing on mp).

Things can get a little nasty with hydra for obvious reasons (curse), and with troll king as his hundred fists will murder a BLU who doesn't see it coming their way and sheds enmity on our PLD fast.

Our biggest issue was actually tanking final boss with the BLU, while our supertank PLD is holding the adds. We never got around to it, but we were thinking a RUN might be a good idea as his magic damage is pretty astonishing (not even considering astral flow x3).

This was a couple of months ago and since then we haven't tried (people quit) but I hope this helps a little.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 09:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
And yeah, I forgot about the property bonus, but anyway, wouldn't that be detrimental to your performance? Just spam shun if it is that good. I think it would still be better than saving 3000 tp for every other Shun.
I can't do the math, I suck with that stuff.
But the difference is that BLU would be forced to store 3k TP for Requi, then CDC>CDC Radiance and bye bye AM3, forcing you to wait 3k again.

NIN could have a different rotation, might be wrong but probably something like:
2k Shun > 1k Shun > 1k Shun Radiance, rinse and repeat. That means waiting "only" to 2k instead of 3k, and every 3 WS instead of every 2.

If this is how things are, I can see it being somewhat cool, but still a bit skeptic this factor alone would compensate all the rest of the sexy ***BLU can get. (would also "force" the other job to avoid using WS, whereas in the 2x BLU strategy they just spam CDC and let SC happen as a consequence of their WS spamming)
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6115
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-08-30 09:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Normally, it is 2k Shun 1k 1k radience, But you can go Dimi -> Shu -> Shun -> Shun -> and still make a radiance.

Just from other content, when there's normally 2 NINs, it's they both get AM2, then just shun rotate off eachother.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 6817
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-30 09:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Reposting some of my initial questions as I still have doubts about the really exciting strategy Lina posted that I can't wait to test myself :)


1) You talk about NIN having bad macc within the CONs. Why does it matter if NIN has bad macc? You don't talk about landing NIN debuffs or magic bursts so why?

2) Also why is Epeolatry necessary on the RUN? Will he be tanking in an attempt to let the NIN stay behind the target to make use of Innin JA? Which runes were used for RUNmain and /RUN?

3) And why /BLM for one of the BRD? I assume for Elementalseal Lullaby to have additional tools to sleep the lamps other than just NiTro?



Edit:
Oh the Dimi opening for AM1 shun is cool I guess, when the RUN has TP.
Double NIN sounds super exciting as well, they could take turns in closing Radiance (and hence "consuming" AM), granted this would make the rotation a bit more complex. Also tanking would be a bit more complicated compared to RUN+NIN (and no One-For-All either!)
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
Posts: 665
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-08-30 09:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Yes but that means actually using Requiescat, which most don't do, and a DPS drop in doing so anyways.
NIN can just Blade:Shun back to back and not really have a care in the world.
Not really "back to back". The AM effect is consumed when you produce a Radiance.
So he was probably using... AM2?
Something like this
1) Wait for 2000+ TP
2) Use Shun (after this, AM2 will activate
3) Wait for 1000+ TP
4) Use Shun again (now Shun will have Light property and will make Light with the previously launched Shun, used to activate the AM)
5) Wait for 1000+ TP again
6) Shun (will make Radiance with the previous Light and eat the AM)

I might be missing an additional step, not sure, but it's something like that.
For BLU to be able to pull out something like this with CDC>CDC, I think you would have to wait for 3000 TP before using Requiescat, to activate AM3.
Possible but way less beneficial than with NIN.
Altough I dunno, a Radiance created with CDC must be quite some damage, given how the SC damage is related to the closing WS damage :D



Edit:
Thanks for posting gear Lina.
Augments on feet are very very hot, but the rest is something quite standard/affordable.
Was the ammo an NQ Happo Shuriken or some other 119 ammo? There are only 2 that I can think of, oh nvm three. Titan one, AA GK one and the SU2 one you can buy from NPC.
Also Combatant Torque grants less acc than other options (but it also grats ~15 att/ratt, and grants racc as well that many other necks don't have)

TC resists magic damage a lot afaik that extra skillchain damage from radiance wouldn't matter that much anyway.

And 2k tp is not enough for Shun > Shun to end with Radiance. You would need any SC > close light > a light property SC to pull out a Radiance with AM2.

So in this case of a RUN and NIN, you would do something like; Blade: Hi > Dimidiation/Resolution (Fragmentation) > Shun (Light) > Shun (Radiance).
First Page 2 3 4
Log in to post.