Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-02 16:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

still the only person pushing for perfect defense... just try it out guys :/
By Crossbones 2021-02-02 19:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried it and felt it wasn't worth the slot. With epeo RUN and split runes liement you have an alright chance of non RUN/SAM surviving. But honestly you just need the SAM and RUN to survive to finish the mob. My setup is usually 7 ppl with RDM in outside PT for debuffs and RUN WHM GEO BRD COR SAM in main PT, and I think I may have even done it w/o a geo before. I've done it w/o silence too but that was clutch. I don't know ***about PLD so can't speak for that as a tank for tumult.
 Shiva.Anoq
Server: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-02-02 21:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We did PD method a couple runs, decided taking another SAM worked better for us. RUN SAM SAM COR BRD WHM/BLM (for ES Silence on TC) is what we use. Get hiccups still, but usually 2 SAMs spamming Fudos takes it down fast. Even when WC doesn't hit (or doesn't get used...) it still goes down before SAM immunity drops.
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-02 23:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM's use SP and die?
[+]
By malakef 2021-02-03 06:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

We do the 2 SAM method as well it’s almost fool proof. RUN BRD WHM COR SAM SAM and we don’t bother with silence most the time as even in worse case scenario the 2 SAMs are just too much damage too fast for TC to survive. I find the biggest key people forget that would help them is letting the intimidate wear off while TC sleeps before starting in on him.
 Shiva.Anoq
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-02-03 08:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
We do the 2 SAM method as well it’s almost fool proof. RUN BRD WHM COR SAM SAM and we don’t bother with silence most the time as even in worse case scenario the 2 SAMs are just too much damage too fast for TC to survive. I find the biggest key people forget that would help them is letting the intimidate wear off while TC sleeps before starting in on him.

Silence is just for safety in case Dread Spikes get popped (happened to us once so have just made a habit of silencing before we engage). Once we hit TC we BRD sleep all > rebuff > ES Silence TC > Warding Circle > Pull Boss/Hamanoha > Yaegasumi > Meikyu Shisui > Wild Card (have to reset SPs anyway so might as well).
 Shiva.Anoq
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-02-03 08:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
SAM's use SP and die?

Yaegasumi lets SAMs evade all the Astral Flows and refills their TP in the process, so SAMs use SPs and TC dies.
 Shiva.Osborn
user: Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2021-02-03 10:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Anoq said: »
Silence is just for safety in case Dread Spikes get popped (happened to us once so have just made a habit of silencing before we engage). Once we hit TC we BRD sleep all > rebuff > ES Silence TC > Warding Circle > Pull Boss/Hamanoha > Yaegasumi > Meikyu Shisui > Wild Card (have to reset SPs anyway so might as well).

Meikyo Shisui seems to negate the benefits of Yaegasumi in this fight. Something about how your TP gain is limited with Meikyo Shisui, where as with only Yaegasumi the attacks you're evading are feeding you TP like mad.

Edit: This is wrong, must have been some other outlier.

We ran Tumult a lot for people's bodies (RUN SAM COR BRD GEO WHM | RDM) and we had one SAM that was geared exceptionally well, but could not zerg down Tumult in time during final phase like our other SAMs were doing. It was a head scratcher until we realized he was the only SAM using Meikyo Shisui.

Tumult usually died in about 15-20 seconds, and it did after this same SAM that was having trouble stopped using Meikyo Shisui.
By Butcherb0y 2021-02-03 11:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that a glitch?
 Shiva.Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2021-02-03 11:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Meikyo Shisui from BG Wiki:
  • Grants player 3000 TP upon use.

• All weaponskills cost 1000 TP while Meikyo Shisui is in effect.

• TP cannot be gained while Meikyo Shisui is in effect unless it comes from items (ie. Icarus Wing) or Meditate.

• Though weaponskills cost 1000 TP while this is in effect, the damage modifiers for the weaponskill calculation use the player's current TP for the calculation.
    So the first weaponskill is going to be calculated as if it were 3000 TP instead of 1000TP, etc.

So you get 3k TP to start, your first WS will cost 1k TP but act as 3k, which is great. After that you have 2k TP left, you weaponskill again and it only costs 1k TP but does 2k TP worth of damage this time (not bad), then you are down to 1k TP and you are only WSing off of whatever TP you can get from Meditate (or an Icarus Wing) for the remainder of the duration.

Seems like you would do way more damage in a 30 second window never using Meikyo Shisui now that I read more about it.

Unless I'm missing something.

Edit: I was missing something, apparently you can still gain TP from Yaegasumi with Meikyo Shisui active.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-02-03 11:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Osborn said: »

Meikyo Shisui seems to negate the benefits of Yaegasumi in this fight. Something about how your TP gain is limited with Meikyo Shisui, where as with only Yaegasumi the attacks you're evading are feeding you TP like mad.

We ran Tumult a lot for people's bodies (RUN SAM COR BRD GEO WHM | RDM) and we had one SAM that was geared exceptionally well, but could not zerg down Tumult in time during final phase like our other SAMs were doing. It was a head scratcher until we realized he was the only SAM using Meikyo Shisui.

Tumult usually died in about 15-20 seconds, and it did after this same SAM that was having trouble stopped using Meikyo Shisui.
Was the RUN messing with the SAM's SCs or were you spread out? 3 WSs should be plenty for pushing AFs with a geared SAM and SAM should get full refilled from the AF spam as long as he's in the AoE for at least 6 of them. You still get Yaegasumi TP during Meikyu.
 Shiva.Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2021-02-03 11:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Was the RUN messing with the SAM's SCs or were you spread out? 3 WSs should be plenty for pushing AFs with a geared SAM and SAM should get full refilled from the AF spam as long as he's in the AoE for at least 6 of them. You still get Yaegasumi TP during Meikyu.

Never had a problem killing Tumult, in fact once we got to the last phase we considered it a win.

Except for the only times Meikyo Shisui was used.

SAM was only one WSing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-02-03 11:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Meikyo Shisui from BG Wiki:
  • Grants player 3000 TP upon use.

• All weaponskills cost 1000 TP while Meikyo Shisui is in effect.

• TP cannot be gained while Meikyo Shisui is in effect unless it comes from items (ie. Icarus Wing) or Meditate.

• Though weaponskills cost 1000 TP while this is in effect, the damage modifiers for the weaponskill calculation use the player's current TP for the calculation.
    So the first weaponskill is going to be calculated as if it were 3000 TP instead of 1000TP, etc.

So you get 3k TP to start, your first WS will cost 1k TP but act as 3k, which is great. After that you have 2k TP left, you weaponskill again and it only costs 1k TP but does 2k TP worth of damage this time (not bad), then you are down to 1k TP and you are only WSing off of whatever TP you can get from Meditate (or an Icarus Wing) for the remainder of the duration.

Seems like you would do way more damage in a 30 second window never using Meikyo Shisui now that I read more about it.

Unless I'm missing something.

It's pretty bad as a DPS ability, mostly it's either used for the instant 3K TP when something is almost dead, or with Meditate to put out a bunch of WS's in a 10-15 second window.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-03 12:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if you are using Meikyo shisui, you want to pop meditate too and use Relic feet so each WS cost 750. TC should be dead and meditate should still be giving you TP
 Asura.Tafari
user: tafari
By Asura.Tafari 2021-02-03 12:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm 1000% sure with yaegasumi and meiko shisui on u gain 3K tp after each astral flow spam, always did that to me.
wanted to try it out just to confirm but everyone asleep it seems on asura
 Asura.Tafari
user: tafari
By Asura.Tafari 2021-02-03 12:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

just to add i'm using this "trick" with Lady lilith VD Aswell and i have proofs now but in lilith BCNM...
i can upload it

YouTube Video Placeholder

see there diferrence between ticks of meditate and her attacks that give me tp.

sorry video problem!!! updating once more :/
 Shiva.Anoq
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-02-03 12:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. Maybe just never noticed since always had TP to spam Fudo and it just died. Will try using it w/out Meikyo during upcoming UNM campaign for sure.
 Shiva.Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2021-02-03 13:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tafari said: »
i'm 1000% sure with yaegasumi and meiko shisui on u gain 3K tp after each astral flow spam, always did that to me.
wanted to try it out just to confirm but everyone asleep it seems on asura

You could be right but, if that's the case that would make this info outdated:

We assumed Meikyo Shisui was the only outlier since we won all the other fights in 20 seconds, he stopped using it, and that SAM got his body after a few more easy fights.

Perhaps a huge coincidence.

Edit: Maybe outdated is not the right word but, but it should say: TP cannot be gained while Meikyo Shisui is in effect unless it comes from items (ie. Icarus Wing), Meditate or attacks evaded with Yaegasumi active. (for example)
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-02-03 13:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tafari said: »
just to add i'm using this "trick" with Lady lilith VD Aswell and i have proofs now but in lilith BCNM...
i can upload it

see there diferrence between ticks of meditate and her attacks that give me tp.
There's proofs in Ejin's TC kills too

Does SP2, Ageha, then Meikyos. At 7:06 you can see the SP1 recast spam in log and you can see him gaining TP from AFs
 Shiva.Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2021-02-03 13:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess it was a huge coincidence, then.

Really thought that was our issue at the time, everything else was the same.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [855 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-08 03:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Soups

Any update to Tumult Curator strategy?

Whats the easiest one to do?

I particularly like SMN strategy, so is there any of those for me?

Thanks
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-08 04:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM setup still rips it apart. Any dd might work fine now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-08 11:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My group did this recently and I can confirm that bringing at least 2 SAMs should be the aim. But you also need to know the fight and get the timing right. You need One For All or Perfect Defense in each party. Rampart isn't enough. You should have a RDM to Stymie Silence on the final form after 30-45 seconds so it won't do Dread Spikes and slow everything down. Having Full Break helps a bit.

Also, a SMN doing Perfect Defense can then Conduit Mewing Lullaby to suppress its TP. Even with all this, things can and will go wrong, so you just have to power through. Make sure Requiem is on the final form so if you wipe at 1-3% you'll still get the win. It does increase HP slightly with more people, so if you want to bring leechers you have to make sure the tank and DDs are great. This is a better/fun fight if you can bring an alliance, but if you need to low man it, then everyone needs to be solid.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2023-06-08 12:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds way over kill if you are using SPs.

One SAM should be able to carry around ~10-12 easily these days.
WHM SAM BRD GEO Tank
Can throw COR or another SAM in there if you want but its not needed.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-08 12:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds way over kill if you are using SPs.

One SAM should be able to carry around ~10-12 easily these days.
WHM SAM BRD GEO Tank
Can throw COR or another SAM in there if you want but its not needed.

Yeah, but if people aren't best in slot and/or have sub optimal sets, then it's nice to know for sure. One "great" SAM can do this, but if you have two "good" SAM, then that may also do it. My group was a full alliance using 3 SAM, 1 WAR, and others also doing damage. It was pretty consistent, except one time when the SMN didn't get PD off and the tank party went down, so we wiped at 3% and it died to requiem. Mistakes happen. It doesn't hurt to overdo things to ensure wins.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2023-06-08 12:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean this could be done preML/ody gear, of course it depends on gear but things have gotten a lot easier with new gear
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-08 12:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean this could be done preML/ody gear, of course it depends on gear but things have gotten a lot easier with new gear

Well, of course, yes, but people's skill levels differ and if people are brand new to the fight, things can and will happen. Now, if we have a 6 person party who does everything together, day in, day out, beating V25s, Aminom and did all Master Trial fights together, this fight is nothing to them. Yes, this fight "can" be done with 6 using only 1 SAM, but that doesn't mean every group is capable of that. Overdoing it is perfectly fine because it's not like anyone is sharing drops.
[+]