Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19
By Zululu 2016-06-30 22:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's an Square Enix cash grab much the texting used to be for cell phone carriers. Texting is far less bandwidth than audio calls
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-06-30 22:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Like people need more 160 more inventory slots, they already have 300+, that's what mules are for. Don't hold your rare/ex trophy items that are transferable. Clean your damn mog houses out and stop hoarding. It's not like anyone plays anymore than 1 job anyways... Sadly, people will eat this up just like they do gil, so start getting ready for the buyable 'exclusive content.' This is SE jumping on the bandwagon like every other game that has been released on mobile in the last 5 years+.

I wish I could say SE was stupid, but they are actually going to profit a nice chunk of change off of a decent amount of you, so good job SE!
[+]
By rhettphoenix 2016-06-30 22:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to read through as many posts as I could to see if anyone already said it, but this is a situation where, in my opinion, the news could have just as easily been "Dear Adventurers, We are having difficulty reaching our revenue targets.....we will begin to shut down the PlayOnline/FFXI services on XX/XX/XXXX..."

This move looks like they are keeping their word when it comes to keeping the game running as long as they can. The subscriber count appears to be steadily decreasing. I know players currently online isn't the same as subscribers, but there is a strong correlation. The revenue lost from a constant decrease in subscribers has to be made up somehow or the game becomes unsustainable. By increasing the average revenue per player they can offset their losses from a contracting player base.

I think it's time people start making peace with how dire the situation may be. I won't partake in this optional service, but for the sake of FFXI I hope some people do.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-06-30 23:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a reminder:

This isn't about being able to afford 4 bucks a month

This isn't about supporting SE

This is about SE coming in from the side with a this optional services with even a census of how the community will take this. This is a downward spiral which I am not ok with.

rhettphoenix said: »
The subscriber count appears to be steadily decreasing. I know players currently online isn't the same as subscribers, but there is a strong correlation

You never put that on already paying customers.... EVER.... Its like charging a extra 4 bucks for pizza since sales are down while your competitors offer free soda and zeppole's while having a better menu... Fix your self before you charge people
[+]
By rhettphoenix 2016-06-30 23:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying I'm happy with what they decided to do, but if you ask the majority of players if they would rather pay more to play each month, or let the game shut down, if those are the only two choices, I think more people would vote pay more. Again, just trying to put some information out there I didn't come across so far in my reading.
By wizkid2621 2016-06-30 23:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Like people need more 160 more inventory slots, they already have 300+, that's what mules are for. Don't hold your rare/ex trophy items that are transferable. Clean your damn mog houses out and stop hoarding. It's not like anyone plays anymore than 1 job anyways... Sadly, people will eat this up just like they do gil, so start getting ready for the buyable 'exclusive content.' This is SE jumping on the bandwagon like every other game that has been released on mobile in the last 5 years+.

I wish I could say SE was stupid, but they are actually going to profit a nice chunk of change off of a decent amount of you, so good job SE!

Honestly I actively play and am gearing about 5 jobs at any one time.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-06-30 23:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying I'm happy with what they decided to do, but if you ask the majority of players if they would rather pay more to play each month, or let the game shut down, if those are the only two choices, I think more people would vote pay more. Again, just trying to put some information out there I didn't come across so far in my reading.

considering the rage most people have with the subject... I don't think the vote will turn out like that...
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-06-30 23:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to read through as many posts as I could to see if anyone already said it, but this is a situation where, in my opinion, the news could have just as easily been "Dear Adventurers, We are having difficulty reaching our revenue targets.....we will begin to shut down the PlayOnline/FFXI services on XX/XX/XXXX..."

This move looks like they are keeping their word when it comes to keeping the game running as long as they can. The subscriber count appears to be steadily decreasing. I know players currently online isn't the same as subscribers, but there is a strong correlation. The revenue lost from a constant decrease in subscribers has to be made up somehow or the game becomes unsustainable. By increasing the average revenue per player they can offset their losses from a contracting player base.

I think it's time people start making peace with how dire the situation may be. I won't partake in this optional service, but for the sake of FFXI I hope some people do.

As long as Square-Enix's revenue is more than 1 billion US dollars, I ain't buying that ***you spew. And, as mentioned, it's not even about the money but the direction that SE is most likely heading once they see how successful this will be for them. It won't 'hurt' anyone, or the game, it can only help, but no, please don't start making ***in this game buyable. Why the hell do you think RMT suck so much ***?

Put it like this:

Square Enix needs money for some reason because they aren't making enough off of us. They tell us they need to raise the price of subscription by $2, and I'm sure every single person that plays this game will continue to play this game unless it LITERALLY breaks the bank. I can even see some people taking back cans just to get that extra $2. But to make certain content exclusive to people for a monetary value is just plain stupid in my opinion.
[+]
By missdivine 2016-06-30 23:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind cosmetic items on game that generate revenue based on monthly fees, But the storage expansion fee is a bit weird.

They should add character renaming and race change services as well.
By rhettphoenix 2016-06-30 23:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, I'm not happy about the idea, but I don't have to like the idea to try to identify why they would be implementing it.

"As long as Square-Enix's revenue is more than 1 billion US dollars..."

FFXI is only one product/service out of many that contribute to their revenue. If the performance of one asset isn't up to their expectations, they may drop it.

"...once they see how successful this will be for them..."

I think this is what I was talking about when I said more people would rather pay more than let the game shut down.

Not trying to anger anyone, just want to join in the conversation. It's an issue worth talking about for sure.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-30 23:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

back in the day i would of totally paid for this. i dun know what inventory slots are currently like, but my blm would of loved it.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-06-30 23:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
So they are charging 50 dollars real money a year to rent you mog wardobes 3 and 4? Hmmmm

Thank god I wasn't paying real money all this time for my locker in Al Zabi, lol.

Yeah, no kidding. I'd be all for it if they charged gil, alexandrites, or literally anything else in-game. Otherwise, no thanks!
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2016-06-30 23:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no way you need more than 220 (even set aside 20 for meds, pop items, etc.!) pieces of gear on any job readily available for optimizations. Purchasing these is nothing more than convenience.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-01 00:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caiir said: »
There's no way you need more than 220 (even set aside 20 for meds, pop items, etc.!) pieces of gear on any job readily available for optimizations. Purchasing these is nothing more than convenience.
Exactly. So if you don't mind taking 20 min to change jobs, get a mule. If you're lazy and just want to have all your jobs geared all the time, get wardrobes. There's no need for all this freaking out over the possibility se may charge for more items in the future. For the moment, it's just another option.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-07-01 01:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

this is capitalism ^^;
By Selindrile 2016-07-01 01:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-01 02:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-07-01 02:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Selindrile 2016-07-01 02:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
they can analyze their business and do what goes in the, somewhat, right direction.

Did this make anyone else giggle uncontrollably?
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2016-07-01 02:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-01 05:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wahhh I want more free ***!!!
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-01 05:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wahhh, I don't want to be charged an additional monthly fee for premium content in a game I'm already paying a monthly fee for.

(Nothing in XI is free, save the welcome back campaigns)
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-01 05:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Wahhh I want more free ***!!!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-01 05:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Wahhh I don't read posts!!!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-01 06:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How long before they make Final Fantasy XI into a pachinko machine as well? Wait, wrong company.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-01 07:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the people left playing are the FFxi fans like myself. I'll happily pony up a measly 2 bucks for more space or even 2 bucks a month for double cap campaign. Or 4 bucks for a super triple campaign marathon and then deactivate that next month. I'll even pay 5 dollars a month for a mime hybrid job that someone faked before .

I like to think reverse slippery slop. More revenue maybe can hire more people maybe more contents.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19