Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Up to date item sets and Gearswap scripts
Up to date item sets and Gearswap scripts
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-27 01:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was playing around with APOC sets too, to go with my above post.

If you take that set and make these changes, while making sure your ws set has 15stp+ in it, you can also attain a 4 hit (ws+3) on apoc which is dang nice! Basically you need 15+ stp during ws and 77 stp in tp gear, if your normal ws set hits 20 stp you can drop to 76 during tp phase, normally not going to be a big deal, but it all depends on augs. Changes/augs needed are:

1. The above set will only have 49 stp, so you need to find 28. First change is sulv hands for emicho for 6 stp and to attain some needed acc. You can technically use any hands combo with the below, that will add to 28. I find emicho most accessible to players atm though.
2. 22 stp needed left from augs on your body/legs/feet. This means the most common way is 7+7+6 or any sum of stp augs that will get there. I personally have 8+8+6 atm.

I am still hoping some players can comment on these sets, and maybe post some viable acc sets that can close in at 1300 while getting the lowest possible x-hit. I currently have 1195 in my rag acc set (still 5 hit) and 1235 in my apoc acc set (drops from 4 hit to 5 hit). Apoc is easier to manage since 5hit requires a 11/31 ws/tp stp split, which is nearly impossible to not have atm (strap+odys legs = 11 for ws alone). I would be happy to post these too if someone asks.

Has anyone tested out other builds too in how they compare? I have overheard a lot of talk about pure DA sets, I was eyeballing a high (80%) crit rate set, and even some sets that claim to drop 1 more x-hit (seems nearly impossible in my mind) at a loss off basically every other stat for ws and tp phases.
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-28 14:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Few SET related questions if anyone is kind enough to answer please!

Why do we TP in windbuffet belt over a haste belt if we aren't capping gear haste in most of the sets?

Why isn't gorget/belt good for cross reaper?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-28 14:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Which sets are you referring to with Windbuffet?
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-28 14:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48937/up-to-date-item-sets-and-gearswap-scripts#3112378
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-28 14:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to have to be a little more specific since there are many sets on there with varying validity, most of which don't use Windbuffet.

EDIT: Nevermind I see: the page was scrolling up after going to the specific post number. Some of those use haste augments, while others just aren't constructed very well.

I will say this though: with capped magic haste and Last Resort and/or Apocalypse's Aftermath up, you don't need to cap equipment haste. As far as Cross Reaper goes: Fotia is fine for that.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-28 16:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Few SET related questions if anyone is kind enough to answer please!

Why do we TP in windbuffet belt over a haste belt if we aren't capping gear haste in most of the sets?

Why isn't gorget/belt good for cross reaper?

Magic haste cap
[+]
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-11-01 10:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Example of LR + Magic haste cap set:

ItemSet 347488
Haste+14

Body augment:
STR+6
acc+22
DA+5
Back augment:
DEX.acc/atk.Stp+10
 Asura.Ganno
By Asura.Ganno 2016-11-01 11:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For Kiaru that asked about resist and magic land rate:
100% unresited up to lvl30 mobs (Apex,T1 Reisen,...) with this set

ItemSet 347489

Leyline: perf augments

Odyssean: INT+9 Macc+28

Ankou: INT+20 Macc+20
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-11-01 13:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »

ItemSet 347489

Swap sangoma for stikini ring NQ (HQ if you are rich and like to fling gil at shiny objects)
 Asura.Ganno
By Asura.Ganno 2016-11-01 19:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »

ItemSet 347489

Swap sangoma for stikini ring NQ (HQ if you are rich and like to fling gil at shiny objects)
and body for Carmine, but once again, for rich ppl.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-11-02 07:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 347489

and body for Carmine, but once again, for rich ppl.
Ganno so rich, guy had voodoo hauberk in bazaar for 1 gil, tried to buy it, but obviously he was maxed out on gil, couldnt buy, everyone was so upset
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-03 19:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot!

I have another question:

Is ele gorget/belt for cross reaper bad? They add 100 acc right? So if you're not well geared doesn't using them also allow you to just stack as much modifiers(str) into every slot and not care about accuracy?

Is it even that much less damage than a str belt/neck?
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2016-11-04 15:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It is only 20 acc, and every WS gets an extra 100 acc on the first hit.
 Shiva.Alcadias
Server: Shiva
user: Equinoxx
By Shiva.Alcadias 2016-11-18 09:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I was playing around with APOC sets too, to go with my above post.

If you take that set and make these changes, while making sure your ws set has 15stp+ in it, you can also attain a 4 hit (ws+3) on apoc which is dang nice! Basically you need 15+ stp during ws and 77 stp in tp gear, if your normal ws set hits 20 stp you can drop to 76 during tp phase, normally not going to be a big deal, but it all depends on augs. Changes/augs needed are:

1. The above set will only have 49 stp, so you need to find 28. First change is sulv hands for emicho for 6 stp and to attain some needed acc. You can technically use any hands combo with the below, that will add to 28. I find emicho most accessible to players atm though.
2. 22 stp needed left from augs on your body/legs/feet. This means the most common way is 7+7+6 or any sum of stp augs that will get there. I personally have 8+8+6 atm.

I am still hoping some players can comment on these sets, and maybe post some viable acc sets that can close in at 1300 while getting the lowest possible x-hit. I currently have 1195 in my rag acc set (still 5 hit) and 1235 in my apoc acc set (drops from 4 hit to 5 hit). Apoc is easier to manage since 5hit requires a 11/31 ws/tp stp split, which is nearly impossible to not have atm (strap+odys legs = 11 for ws alone). I would be happy to post these too if someone asks.

Has anyone tested out other builds too in how they compare? I have overheard a lot of talk about pure DA sets, I was eyeballing a high (80%) crit rate set, and even some sets that claim to drop 1 more x-hit (seems nearly impossible in my mind) at a loss off basically every other stat for ws and tp phases.
Is this under the assumption of /SAM?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2016-11-18 10:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, OP for the DRK Guide here. (apologies for my disappearance!)

I'll have the guide updated with a majority of these sets if they're still current. Might need some assistance with gearswap scripting; lua format is an entirely new format to me. And if anyone is willing to be a node collaborator, send me a PM.
By Draylo 2016-11-19 00:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Quetz :o
By kithaofcerb 2016-11-21 12:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey DRKs

The last posted Apoc sets I'm seeing here are posted back in May.
I'm returning to the game and trying to catch up, are those up to date or is there stronger stuff to shoot for?

Thanks in advance
By Gruknor 2016-11-22 01:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

kithaofcerb said: »
Hey DRKs

I'm returning to the game and trying to catch up, are those up to date or is there stronger stuff to shoot for?

Thanks in advance

You mean the first post that Ruaumoko made with the Apocalypse in the set? That is good goal, it gives you something to reach for.

By the time you do there will be a new event called Omen, coming soon. SE says it will have +2 and +3 to reforged artifact armors. They made mention of accessories dropping in Omen.

My best educated guess, is that the +3 af upgrade is just going to be another stop gap for +1 Argosy and best augmented reisenjima armor. My expectations for it are quite low. At least we get new content because Ambuscade grinding every month is starting to sour.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-22 03:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an UP-TO-DATE drk spreedsheet? I cannot find one and I really want to run a few numbers for my drk tp sets.

I am currently using a 5hit Rag setup with, 57 stp (/sam too) 1125 acc 37 DA 4TA 3 QA
and a higher acc set that is at................... 58 stp (/sam too) 1215 acc 36 DA 4 TA (lot less str/attack)

However I was messing around with some gear and I see that I can drop to a 6 hit (5+ws) and only need 42 stp w/o sam sub, which means I can tp in 1118 acc 60 DA 6 TA 5 QA (potentially more DA too, that is just from gear I have)

I know I am probably looking at this wrong but its basically down to -1hit + 7 acc + hasso VS 23 DA 2TA 2 QA + zerk/agg. Thoughts?

I also wonder how the same would apply from my apoc sets being a 4hit going to 5 hit. What do you all think, has anyone ran the numbers recently?
By aisukage 2016-11-22 03:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey DRKs

Thanks in advance

As gruknor said aiming for that set would be ideal to aim for now with maybe some changes here and there to hold you over. For example the body isn't that easy to obtain for returning players unless you have friends that can help so until you obtain either Emicho, Valorous or Odyssean body I would prob recommend acro peices to hold you over. It is easy and decent lv 119 gear. Not sure how long you been away but Ambuscade had some nice pieces you could of used but unless you got them you will most likely have to wait for them to return.

(still able to get the flamma gear but with a bunch of grinding of this months ambuscade since it will require gallantry.)

Noticed Ganno posted a set similar to mine with a few changes. Since my set is for non capped haste situations. Not quite sure how this will hold up to others though but it's a solid 5hit build with good acc and a lot of multi hit and 25% gear haste for situations when you are not using LR and Magic capped.

ItemSet 347807
DRK/SAM
Body augments = 7Dex/26Acc/12atk/5%DA
Back Augments = 20Dex/30Acc/20Atk/10%DA

Havn't really used spreadsheets in a long time so just going with experienced guessing. (I also feel like there are a few upgrades if I got good augments but that requires luck. So I went for a mostly non luck solid set here)
[+]
By kithaofcerb 2016-11-22 15:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I was subbed in May, but I wasn't really playing DRK at the time.

This is my current set

ItemSet 321449

Apoc is 119 but not AG, so I know that's probably the first step.

Mask = Agi +1, Acc +30, ATK +13
Legs = STR +12, Acc +30, ATK +10, Cure effects recieved 3%(lol)

Next question being: If I don't have a job that anybody will bring to a Yakshi fight, is it worth mercing the Valorous body? As in how much better is it than Mes'yohi for someone who is a little strapped for playtime until school is out for the year?

P.S. All you guys who post here are awesome for people trying to get back into this game, love how this community has stayed as awesome as it has all these years :P

Edit: The Argosy in the WS sets posted before, is that Path A? Just found an Abjuration in my mog, wondering if its worth buying up for Cata or Cross Reaper
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-11-22 15:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current set

ItemSet 321449

Next question being: If I don't have a job that anybody will bring to a Yakshi fight, is it worth mercing the Valorous body? As in how much better is it than Mes'yohi for someone who is a little strapped for playtime until school is out for the year?

P.S. All you guys who post here are awesome for people trying to get back into this game, love how this community has stayed as awesome as it has all these years :P

First and foremost, don't look at sets on these threads and feel intimidated, it takes time to hit these sets and some of us are career drks that have no life outside game. (I work from home so I have a stupid amount of time in game) Just follow some of the sets and make goals for yourself. AG is a really solid goal to start with.

If you have the gil and lack a job for yakshi, (sch, blm, tank, whm) I would say go for the merc. I have used merc's in the past, some days I am just sick of farming nm's other times I just didn't have a job/group for the nm's, really no shame in using them in my opinion.

Alternatively if you feel like working your whm magic and taking advantage of the discount campaign you could swap to asura like so many other people and probably get a shout group in no time for it.

Downfall is leaves the few remaining cerberus-ites one less player on the server.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-22 15:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current set

ItemSet 321449

Edit: The Argosy in the WS sets posted before, is that Path A? Just found an Abjuration in my mog, wondering if its worth buying up for Cata or Cross Reaper

These are small details but every little bit matters. +1 your ammo and belt.
[+]
By kithaofcerb 2016-11-22 16:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current set

ItemSet 321449

First and foremost, don't look at sets on these threads and feel intimidated, it takes time to hit these sets and some of us are career drks that have no life outside game. (I work from home so I have a stupid amount of time in game) Just follow some of the sets and make goals for yourself. AG is a really solid goal to start with.

If you have the gil and lack a job for yakshi, (sch, blm, tank, whm) I would say go for the merc. I have used merc's in the past, some days I am just sick of farming nm's other times I just didn't have a job/group for the nm's, really no shame in using them in my opinion.

Alternatively if you feel like working your whm magic and taking advantage of the discount campaign you could swap to asura like so many other people and probably get a shout group in no time for it.

Downfall is leaves the few remaining cerberus-ites one less player on the server.

One step ahead of you. Even though the name says otherwise, I've been on Asura for awhile. I do have BLM Mastered and geared pretty well, but that's a digression. Afterglow is what I'm working on whenever I play, just farming/buying cheap plutons when I see them. Thanks all for the responses, can't wait to be a real boy and actually hit hard like you other DRKs :P
[+]
 Asura.Ganno
By Asura.Ganno 2016-11-22 16:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

This is my current set

ItemSet 321449

These are small details but every little bit matters. +1 your ammo and belt.

and Flamma set is also nice to have if you can farm ambuscade points.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-22 17:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

One step ahead of you. Even though the name says otherwise, I've been on Asura for awhile. I do have BLM Mastered and geared pretty well, but that's a digression. Afterglow is what I'm working on whenever I play, just farming/buying cheap plutons when I see them. Thanks all for the responses, can't wait to be a real boy and actually hit hard like you other DRKs :P

You will want Valo body eventually. I would say just get it merced unless you have a group that can handle it already. 12-20mil is the going rate and really you can farm that in 7 hrs or less. If you just spend 2 hrs a day you will have enough to get it and by your limited playtime this seems wise.

So I would HIGHLY suggest spamming ambuscade, sadly it sucs this month but you should do that and get Flamma+1 head/feet atleast (rest less important). This will take some time but will be worth it because It will probably be 2-3 months b4 you can try again. It will also let you get a new backpiece.

AH buyables you also want are...
nepth+1 grip (9), isoken belt (2), chirich ring (3). That will set you back 14 mil on asura. I got a +5 stp grip you can have for free just /t me ingame. If it doesnt change your xhit NQ is fine and will save you 9mil lol :D all depends on the stp augs you get!

BTW, keep augging those legs, ideally you want 30 acc + either DA5% or stp (6-8). Fern stones is what you want to use and in 8~ stacks (1mil) you should get something decent.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2016-11-23 18:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I've been gone a while but what's the updated STP formula for x-builds?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-23 18:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this in the other thred, but it broke into a shitstorm reso va torc debate like always. so here it is!!

So I stayed up WAY to late last night trying to fix my drk sets a bit. I am really trying to get more multi hit into my sets while keeping acc decent. Please give me some input if you can. At this point its hard to make upgrades that arent crazy expensive, or require crazy luck!

ItemSet 347333

Valo Body : 8 int 38 acc 25 attack 4 DA
Odys legs : 25 acc 25 attack 5 DA
Ankou's : 20 dex 30 acc 10 DA
Argosy muffler +1 : path D (3 DA)

Base Stats total: 1143 acc 1634 attack, 48 DA, 4 TA, 56 stp.

TP is 56 stp which with /sam means you MUST ws in 23 stp or you will not 5 hit. 1 stp less on either and your sol. Lucky for us Argosy sets + grip is 23 exactly, however on scourge/Torc you maye have to make a few sensible changes to ensure your ws will have 23 there. You will have 7 from grip already, so 16 from other gear. On scourge I get 5 from odys legs, 3 from wsd valo body, 5 petrov, and 3 from apate ring. On torc I simply trade off apate ring for ginsen so I can use 1 titan+1. Overall not huge losses on ws for either.
By aisukage 2016-11-27 07:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this in the other thred, but it broke into a shitstorm reso va torc debate like always. so here it is!!

So I stayed up WAY to late last night trying to fix my drk sets a bit. I am really trying to get more multi hit into my sets while keeping acc decent. Please give me some input if you can. At this point its hard to make upgrades that arent crazy expensive, or require crazy luck!

ItemSet 347333

Valo Body : 8 int 38 acc 25 attack 4 DA
Odys legs : 25 acc 25 attack 5 DA
Ankou's : 20 dex 30 acc 10 DA
Argosy muffler +1 : path D (3 DA)

Base Stats total: 1143 acc 1634 attack, 48 DA, 4 TA, 56 stp.

TP is 56 stp which with /sam means you MUST ws in 23 stp or you will not 5 hit. 1 stp less on either and your sol. Lucky for us Argosy sets + grip is 23 exactly, however on scourge/Torc you maye have to make a few sensible changes to ensure your ws will have 23 there. You will have 7 from grip already, so 16 from other gear. On scourge I get 5 from odys legs, 3 from wsd valo body, 5 petrov, and 3 from apate ring. On torc I simply trade off apate ring for ginsen so I can use 1 titan+1. Overall not huge losses on ws for either.
There are a few things I can suggest from memory. I don't use spreadsheets so this is all from just the top of my head.

If you could get STP+8 instead of 5% DA on one of your reisin pieces (using fern) you can also swap the neck for ganeshas. cause 2 Quad atk is 6 extra hits out of 100 where 5% DA is only 5 meaning out of 100 hits you will get that 1 extra hit chance. also gaining 10 acc and if you are haste capped using LR you can swap to windbuffet +1 which gives 10 extra hits out of 100 hits over the 8 extra from that belt.

Problem is multi hitting more isn't helping when you're missing those hits more often.

So If acc is an issue for you what I could also recommend is giving up 5DA from 1 of your Resinjima pieces for 5+ STP+ and swap the neck with lissome and the sub slot with blood rain this will give 24 more acc and the 1 DA from lissome will mean you only lose 4 DA for this Acc gain.

Or another way which will give more acc and means you only lose 3% DA (instead of 4%) if you have it is swapping Brutal with telos and using Lissome. This will give 28 acc and a loss of only 3% DA.

but looking for more multihit/acc while keeping a 5 hit doesn't look very easy to do.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-27 16:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »
If you could get STP+8 instead of 5% DA on one of your reisin pieces (using fern) you can also swap the neck for ganeshas. cause 2 Quad atk is 6 extra hits out of 100 where 5% DA is only 5 meaning out of 100 hits you will get that 1 extra hit chance. also gaining 10 acc and if you are haste capped using LR you can swap to windbuffet +1 which gives 10 extra hits out of 100 hits over the 8 extra from that belt.

Problem is multi hitting more isn't helping when you're missing those hits more often.

So If acc is an issue for you what I could also recommend is giving up 5DA from 1 of your Resinjima pieces for 5+ STP+ and swap the neck with lissome and the sub slot with blood rain this will give 24 more acc and the 1 DA from lissome will mean you only lose 4 DA for this Acc gain.

Or another way which will give more acc and means you only lose 3% DA (instead of 4%) if you have it is swapping Brutal with telos and using Lissome. This will give 28 acc and a loss of only 3% DA.

but looking for more multihit/acc while keeping a 5 hit doesn't look very easy to do.

Thanks for reply! I like the suggestions given. Ya I feel I hit a wall on the low acc 5 hit (1150~) set, in terms of adding more multiattack. Your right on the windbuffet belt though, I need to work on a rule for my lua to have it equip windbuffet when max magic haste AND lr is up. Anyone got this rule yet?

I went with the DA because I have never personally been able to get 8 stp with more than 14 acc in 1000's of fern. But you are correct in that 8 stp on body and the lissome would be best in those situations. However the nice part of the DA body is that it can also work for many other sets (such as high acc where stp isnt as important, or your high acc reso sets).

In my high acc sets I also make the other swaps you mention :D so its good to know we are on the same path. My high acc set hits 1401 acc in reisen now, 5 hit, 36 DA and 4 TA. This seemed to perform well.