So Real Quick...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » So real quick...
So real quick...
First Page 2
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-09-06 22:55:16
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about reactivating my account, as is my friend, and we're not sure which server would be decent to play on. We'll be creating new characters, yada yada yada... Suggestions?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 22:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh!!!
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-09-06 23:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want excitement, go Asura.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-06 23:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you like to farm...come to asura and I'll farm with you
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-09-06 23:30:44
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Friend apparently refuses to go to Asura. Something about someone she dislikes going there, blah blah blah. Damn game drama. -.-
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-09-06 23:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn seems pretty quiet.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-06 23:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan's always got some drama! Oh wait you're not looking for that... nvm
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-06 23:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you like to... err nevermind, don't come to Garuda. (good KnJ avatar also :d someone with taste)
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-09-07 00:03:02

Antipika said:
If you like to... err nevermind, don't come to Garuda. (good KnJ avatar also :d someone with taste)

Err... wait, what? o.O Then again, maybe I don't want to know...

On the subject of KnJ, everyone thinks I'm some sort of pedo-freak. D: (Manga > Anime, too)
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-09-07 00:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor is the armpit of ffxi

avoid like the plague
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-07 00:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Tousou said:
Thinking about reactivating my account, as is my friend, and we're not sure which server would be decent to play on. We'll be creating new characters, yada yada yada... Suggestions?

I think a bit more information what you both may be looking for. As in type of linkshell, what you want to do as events etc. and just general information as if you would be applying to a linkshell.

It would give everyone more a general idea of what their server can offer in my opinion.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-07 00:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura isn't all that bad >.>
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-09-07 00:27:00

Alyria said:
I think a bit more information what you both may be looking for. As in type of linkshell, what you want to do as events etc. and just general information as if you would be applying to a linkshell.

It would give everyone more a general idea of what their server can offer in my opinion.

Noted...

She and I are going to be starting over. All of our gear from our 75s will be sold and put into a pool for piddly things, but for the most part we're going to avoid touching it so we can still have the experience of starting fresh. More for regaining humility than anything. Endgame ruined the experience for both of us. We've played on both Midgard and Fenrir, so those are void choices.

We're looking for something with an average to high player population. I won't mention the simple problems like elitists, cause they're everywhere, but the semi-friendly/helpful ratio should be higher. RMT are everywhere, but somewhere they're not prevalent would be nice as well. Endgame doesn't matter currently.

It's pretty general, and I know nothing's perfect, but it should add some depth the the question.

EDIT: On Asura, it isn't so much the "Drama" aspect in general. Moreso, it's her preference to avoid running into someone she had a bad fight with.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-07 00:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus is plagued by RMT tells.

But if you can get over that, it's not a bad place to start. Player population is kinda meh...I usually only see around 2k people. I just did a /sea all and it was 1241.
 Asura.Severna
user: Magellan
By Asura.Severna 2009-09-07 00:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

Lie. I'd give it 10 minutes with all the "Server Trash" people we've got and you'd regret it. Maybe not even that long...

Edit: I just noticed your "Midgardsormr" tag. A friend of mine from that server says it's nice there. Why move?
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-09-07 00:53:23

Severna said:
Korpg said:

Lie. I'd give it 10 minutes with all the "Server Trash" people we've got and you'd regret it. Maybe not even that long...

Edit: I just noticed your "Midgardsormr" tag. A friend of mine from that server says it's nice there. Why move?

It's a good question, and one I don't have a good answer to. Aside from the gil from other gear, we're trying to start from scratch. New characters, new names, new friends, and hopefully, a new adventure.
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-09-07 00:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva's not too bad. After I reactivated my account a while back I transferred over from Siren and so far most of the people have been really nice. Then again, Siren's not a bad choice.

I suppose it all depends on what your aspirations are, but looking purely at the community in general, I enjoyed Siren, and I enjoy Shiva. Both servers are pretty drama-free, and people are generally friendly and helpful.
 Asura.Severna
user: Magellan
By Asura.Severna 2009-09-07 01:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Tousou said:
It's a good question, and one I don't have a good answer to. Aside from the gil from other gear, we're trying to start from scratch. New characters, new names, new friends, and hopefully, a new adventure.

I actually had this problem a while back, before SE gave us the option of choosing which server to start on, and it's really not a terrible idea to just stay and start from a whole new character if you know you can keep your identity hidden. With that in mind, you'll already know who to avoid on your server.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-07 01:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well technically the "best" option would be to go to Siren because it's statistically the "best" server. As in, the opposite of Asura. Only problem is it's one of the peak JP servers, so it helps to know a bit of the language.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-07 01:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

For a new adventure you have to play differently o.o
no matter what server you are on it probably will suck.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-09-07 01:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

carby is decent imo, not a "drama server" and decent amount of linkshells doing events on pretty much all time zones. Been here since I started about 5 years ago and im happy enough to not consider moving.
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-09-07 01:24:35

Ludoggy said:
For a new adventure you have to play differently o.o
no matter what server you are on it probably will suck.

In my case, Mithra BLM -> Galka WAR seems like quite a change.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-07 01:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not just stay on Midgard? :P
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-07 02:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

well if you want to come to gilgamesh my social ls has a good few ppl starting out, someone farming a magicked skull every other day lol. plenty of help and plenty of people to start the adventure over with. If you decide to come just give me a /tell or pm me and i'll get you guys a shell :)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-07 02:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I vouch for gilgamesh too!
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-09-07 02:20:44

How fitting...

So, my car's in the shop, right? And it just so happens my Security Token is on that keyring. SOB -.-

EDIT: What's Gilgamesh like?
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-07 02:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. Gilgamesh is nice, nice sized playerbase, good spread of EU/NA/JP too so never really too hard to get anything done. one too many FR though D:< lol

Edit; does anyone know if there is a way to change the timezone this shows? says i posted at 2;30am when it was at 8;30am. cant find an option under my profile.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-07 05:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Drteeth said:
Shiva's not too bad. After I reactivated my account a while back I transferred over from Siren and so far most of the people have been really nice. Then again, Siren's not a bad choice.

I suppose it all depends on what your aspirations are, but looking purely at the community in general, I enjoyed Siren, and I enjoy Shiva. Both servers are pretty drama-free, and people are generally friendly and helpful.

I vouch for the Doc! Shiva's pretty decent & not so much on drama. Good place tbh.
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-09-07 09:01:14

Currently weighing Gilgamesh, Siren, and Shiva.

Siren sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how being on "The best server" would affect my gameplay.

And just randomly, how's ya'll's besieged? (Shivans, Sirenians, and Gilgamesherians)
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-09-07 09:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I think it would be cooler to find a private server and do w/e you want. No point in finding a good one because quite frankly this is none. However if you are still looking for a server DO NOT COME TO CARBUNCLE! No population little to no nice people = YAY.....
First Page 2