Rhapsody's Of Vana'diel: Chapter 3 Step By Step.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Rhapsody's of Vana'diel: Chapter 3 step by step.
Rhapsody's of Vana'diel: Chapter 3 step by step.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-12 05:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way entire set of missions is 100% soloable by I'd say anyone.

I did it all as cor/dnc(with outdated gear no less) plus trusts, no problems. Only timed out once on the final fight but that's cause I'm dumb and shot a WF while weakened only to find out that the npc helper doesn't retain hate at all.

Hardest part was actually killing 11 panopts cause there are no safe spots to pull and if you zone(cause you died)it resets the killcount(which is bs).
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2015-11-12 06:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How was it soloable? I tried last night with a friend and 4 trusts and it took at least 10 minutes to bring one of those undead Gilgamesh things to half health. Ended up dying cause of a link. All the new mobs in that zone have unreal evasion and armor/resistance. I don't have stellar gear, but I at least have the 5 main pieces at 109. Is it basically required to have full vagery gear? And if so, how will non links hell players be able to complete?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-12 06:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My gear is out of date like I said cause I haven't done SR, Vagary or any Escha.

Narakas have very high eva, you need to eat sushi and wear acc gear to take them down(or be a mage and spam fire spells). Panopts weren't as bad, if it wasn't for the shitty camps.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2015-11-12 06:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
How was it soloable? I tried last night with a friend and 4 trusts and it took at least 10 minutes to bring one of those undead Gilgamesh things to half health. Ended up dying cause of a link. All the new mobs in that zone have unreal evasion and armor/resistance. I don't have stellar gear, but I at least have the 5 main pieces at 109. Is it basically required to have full vagery gear? And if so, how will non links hell players be able to complete?

I did everything leading up to the final fight with my mule wearing gear between level 115 and 117, stuff like the Espial gear and Eminent weapon from sparks NPCs, but it was a little tricky fighting the mobs in Reisenjima. Trusts did most of the damage with Amchuchu and Apururu looking like they could carry the fights for what seemed like an eternity.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Server: Asura
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-11-12 06:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The Narakas are level 123~124, which is laughable for (even non-optimized) i119 players, but I can imagine that the content will be considerably harder with lower iLevel gear.

i109 is really scraping the barrel though, you might want to try and get some higher level gear from low end events like Skirmish.
Or as Diavolo sais, at least gear up with some sparks gear.
Keep in mind that while sparks gear may not be optimal for your job, your trusts' levels (including stats, HP, acc, etc.) do scale with your own iLevel.
So, if your iLevel is higher, regardless of the kit you're wearing, so are your trusts. Making fights considerably easier.
 Shiva.Tilanna
Server: Shiva
user: Tilanna
By Shiva.Tilanna 2015-11-12 09:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
By the way entire set of missions is 100% soloable by I'd say anyone.

I did it all as cor/dnc(with outdated gear no less) plus trusts, no problems. Only timed out once on the final fight but that's cause I'm dumb and shot a WF while weakened only to find out that the npc helper doesn't retain hate at all.

Hardest part was actually killing 11 panopts cause there are no safe spots to pull and if you zone(cause you died)it resets the killcount(which is bs).

I found a decently safe camp up the hill and around a bend from #1. There were two camps of tigers/panopts on either side of a big wall on the side of the path. I just pulled them back to this wall and fought there. I'm not sure if maybe there would've been more mobs there if it were night (not sure when I fought them), but I was able to clear it somewhat safely here, never getting any aggro from them wandering into me.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-12 09:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Yeah it was changed to K-8 that was a my bad :/

Step 3 and Step 5 still read "E8" FIX IT NOW! I had to read six pages to confirm my guess that your OP was wrong.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-12 12:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

tyvm for changing it....

you have no idea how long I wandered around E8, but I will get even.

now secondly you named damn near everything wrong. which is fine for smart people... but idiots like me have a hard time.

there is nothing called a "Dimensional Telepoint" or a "Reisenjima warp #6" and you must change the instructions like "Retalk to the rock." will any rock do? No it won't. Be Specific

You have to pretend we never played this game and we weren't there when you went through it....

Finally, talk to Kali about making a node.

I appreciate your effort... but I also want to tele kinetically explode your brain out like in "Scanners"

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-12 12:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Most likely you need to be on or past Adoulin mission 2-7-1 (Behind the Sluices) to complete that leg of RoV chapter 3. You go from the gate CS to the one at Rala's Skirmish entrance, then to a room that's first made accessible in that mission (previously only shown in a cutscene). There's no further use of Adoulin areas save for the library, so it seems reasonable to assume that's as far as is required for RoV.

and thanks night. I think I am only on chapter 2

if I remember right I didn't have enough fame or something to get a cutscene and then forgot all about it
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2015-11-12 13:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
The Narakas are level 123~124, which is laughable for (even non-optimized) i119 players

They check VT++ for me with iLvl 119 gear and sushi.
By ibm2431 2015-11-12 13:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My experience with the final fight:
By minithin 2015-11-12 16:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
Don't be discouraged, the difficulty of chapter 3 is certainly not in line with 1 and 2. Whether this design was thoughtful or not may be debated.

It's up to us whether we want a game we've played for over a decade to end with an eyeroll and a shrug. Hearing that a 119 Death Penalty is "outdated gear" is pretty shocking. If that's the case, I probably can't finish chapter 3 but I'll give it a few tries.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-12 16:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't win the fight naked with a 119 DP. The rest of my gear is partly outdated cause I haven't done any SR, Vagary or Escha. Which means even if you quit 3 months ago like me(or earlier since my gear belongs to an even older set of content) you can do it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-12 16:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

minithin said: »
It's up to us whether we want a game we've played for over a decade to end with an eyeroll and a shrug. Hearing that a 119 Death Penalty is "outdated gear" is pretty shocking. If that's the case, I probably can't finish chapter 3 but I'll give it a few tries.
I think Seha meant her armor, Death Penalty is extremely powerful with the right setup. Anyway, not having the accuracy and protection to take on level 124ish enemies solo/with trusts presents a problem, more so if you're unable or unwilling to team up with others. I highly recommend talking to people in the area if you're unable to kill the Narakas or Panopts. Either that or move to Sylph and bug me to help ya.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-12 17:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there another capacity gain bonus from completing rov?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-12 17:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hearing that a 119 Death Penalty is "outdated gear" is pretty shocking.

I don't know why everyone and their mother in this game seems to expect mythic(or other lengendary weapons)automatically make players enter god mode or something. Leaden salute +30% matters very little when soloing missions with trusts.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-12 18:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially these missions <.< protip: dark damage is pretty bad for these. Wildfire all the way!
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-11-12 18:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt realize until today that this is the last chapter... I thought the last bit of story line was in march... Now im even more sad :'(
By ikariiiii 2015-11-12 18:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Shiva.Francisco said: »
Any idea how far on SoA missions one must be to advance in RoV Ch.3?

Trying to help a friend through, she can't trigger the CS in Ceizak... currently on Chapter 1 somewhere (in the dinner invitation CS)...

Edit: I'm guessing you need to defeat Balamor at minimum, based on the CSes?
I'd say you almost certainly need to have SoA Cleared seeing the dialog in the libary later.

repost: I can guarantee that all missions do not need to be 100%. I was in the middle of SoA chapter 2 with a mule, had to get around chapter 3 to progress further but finally got full complete.

edit: That mule has only Zilart and CoP 100%, SoA is on mission 2-7-2, ToaU is on mission 12, WoTG is on mission 8. Got final CS for Rhapsodies last night.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-11-12 19:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ikariiiii said: »
repost: I can guarantee that all missions do not need to be 100%. I was in the middle of SoA chapter 2 with a mule, had to get around chapter 3 to progress further but finally got full complete.

edit: That mule has only Zilart and CoP 100%, SoA is on mission 2-7-2, ToaU is on mission 12, WoTG is on mission 8. Got final CS for Rhapsodies last night.
Thank you Juki <3
 Shiva.Shinsonja
user: Shinsonja
By Shiva.Shinsonja 2015-11-12 19:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am on step 32 and i have not finished seekers (stopped at ygdrassil beckons 5-2), about to do battle just ran out of time ( work beckons lol ).

also reference to Enter the "Sanctrum(E-6)" maybe just change that to warp #6 to avoid confusion
By Malebolge 2015-11-12 19:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Is there another capacity gain bonus from completing rov?
yes, 10% from the RoE objective plus 90% from KIs
By minithin 2015-11-12 21:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
I don't know why everyone and their mother in this game seems to expect mythic(or other lengendary weapons)automatically make players enter god mode or something.
Can't win the fight naked with a 119 DP.
I'm not able to link either of these replies with my post. Naked with weapon? god mode? Not sure where this comes from.

I was simply surprised to hear that 119 Death Penalty is "outdated gear."
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-12 22:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why everyone and their mother in this game seems to expect mythic(or other lengendary weapons)automatically make players enter god mode or something.
Can't win the fight naked with a 119 DP.
I'm not able to link either of these replies with my post. Naked with weapon? god mode? Not sure where this comes from.

I was simply surprised to hear that 119 Death Penalty is "outdated gear."
I guess it may have sounded confusing, but no, Death Penalty is not at all "outdated gear". She meant her armor is outdated, since she hasn't done a lot of newer content. Many recent pieces of high-end gear are not things you would expect to get playing solo, as Seha does.
[+]
By Teapo 2015-11-12 23:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know what the 3 new key items give you and what the pheonix's blessing does?
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-12 23:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
ikariiiii said: »

Thank you Juki <3

Go finish story or at least watch youtube vid, or else RoV story won't make sense.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-11-13 02:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Go finish story or at least watch youtube vid, or else RoV story won't make sense.
On the contrary, RoV has multiple versions of its cutscenes, tailored to how much you have complete of other missions. Though obviously, you get the best experience having completed everything. :P

The final battle was a bit annoying, but I managed to do it solo (with Trusts, duh) as RUN/WHM, 119 gear, decent but not great. Took 3 tries and a bit of luck. Would've been a lot easier if I had a DT- set. :P Trusts used were Apururu, Arciela II, Koru-Moru, Selh'teus, Ulmia.
 Odin.Tsukiya
Server: Odin
user: Tsukiji
By Odin.Tsukiya 2015-11-13 03:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If I don't have SoA registered (and therefore obviously not even started) can I not do this? From what I saw you need to go to certain SoA zones during this chapter, correct? I did chapters 1 and 2 with no issues.
By Elizabet 2015-11-13 03:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsukiya said: »
If I don't have SoA registered (and therefore obviously not even started) can I not do this? From what I saw you need to go to certain SoA zones during this chapter, correct? I did chapters 1 and 2 with no issues.

You will need SoA, an do a few SoA missions.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2015-11-13 04:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how far you have to have progressed in Wings of the Goddess in order to access the Walk of Echoes within Grauberg or Marshlands?

I got the cutscene from the Xarcabard entrance but the ??? I require comes from the other two entrances.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9