Rhapsody's Of Vana'diel: Chapter 3 Step By Step.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Rhapsody's of Vana'diel: Chapter 3 step by step.
Rhapsody's of Vana'diel: Chapter 3 step by step.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-10 16:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It changes between magic absorb and melee (absorb). I don't know what triggers this. :/
By Mookies 2015-11-10 16:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In the final boss fight. Are we supposed to do something with those black bubbles?

Anyone know what stops him from healing from damage?

I beat it but would like to share this info with LS if someone knows.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-10 17:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry i really dont know the mechanics. I think the 2 times i've won were very much blind luck....
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-10 17:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So uh. I kept fighting it down to 10%, and it would regen back to 20%, then I got it back down to 10%.

Repeat that like 6-7 times and I finally timed out lol. Attempting to zone in/out to retry fight. If that doesn't work i'm thinking back to stone circle then again perhaps.

Leave it to me to be the one to fail the damn thing and ask how to retry the battlefield lmao.

Iroah the entire time was probably saying "Great I have to carry this damn noob"
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-11-10 17:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

He absorbs attacks when the gem on his forehead glows bright red. Run away when you see this.
[+]
By Malebolge 2015-11-10 17:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I went into the fight vs CoD with essentially zero preparation because OP said Iroha will Arise you if you die so you can't lose.

There was no Iroha, I didn't get a Raise when I died, and I lost. So there's that. FYI you can pick up another key item for entry at La Theine.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-11-10 17:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Time limit is 30 minutes.
Iroha seems to glitch often and will not cast arise on yourself or party members.
Unknown what the giant black orbs do.
Amchuchu worked better than August.
Run away when CoD's forehead gem glows red.

Edit: Beat it on 3rd. In hindsight, any job can beat it. Third attempt and win was done as BLU and WHM.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-10 17:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Weather constantly changes in this zone as well. Not sure if that matters at all.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-11-10 17:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Weather constantly changes in this zone as well. Not sure if that matters at all.
Possibly tied to the fact certain magic spells and skillchains we're healing it.
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-10 17:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I must just be getting really unlucky.... he stays in red gem mode for about 2-3 minutes, then it goes away, 1 weapon skill and he puts red gem mode back up.................

I need to figure out how to get him out of it quicker, or find out why he keeps spamming it..........
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-10 17:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Noticed that the orbs despawned when CoD's absorb damage wore off. So his absorb is probably tied to the amount of orbs present.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-11-10 17:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachii said: »
I must just be getting really unlucky.... he stays in red gem mode for about 2-3 minutes, then it goes away, 1 weapon skill and he puts red gem mode back up.................

I need to figure out how to get him out of it quicker, or find out why he keeps spamming it..........
It's either timed or Iroha has smt to do with it. Phys and Magical attacks always healed it during this mode.
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: voiceless
By Sawg Madig 2015-11-10 17:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Broken the record What a nice way to end it here. (asura)
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-11-10 17:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Noticed that the orbs despawned when CoD's absorb damage wore off. So his absorb is probably tied to the amount of orbs present.
I noticed this too. Could be wrong but damage was lower the more orbs were up.
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-10 17:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just timed out again.

I'm faced with several problems. I can't turn away when he red gems. Well... I can... but my trusts can't.

Disengage you say?

Once I do all healing stops and my party dies.

For every 10% health I take from him, he regens about 6-7% of it most of the time before the red gem wears off. I'll take another 10% off and the process repeats itself.

I'm almost at a loss and can't seem to do this with trusts.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-11-10 17:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just timed out again.

I'm faced with several problems. I can't turn away when he red gems. Well... I can... but my trusts can't.

Disengage you say?

Once I do all healing stops and my party dies.

For every 10% health I take from him, he regens about 6-7% of it most of the time before the red gem wears off. I'll take another 10% off and the process repeats itself.

I'm almost at a loss and can't seem to do this with trusts.
I can tell you I did NOT disengage. Ran back and forth in/out of range only. Try using only Amchuchu and WHM trusts, no DD's.
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-10 17:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The only problem with that is the trusts are healing away at it still hence my issue of every 10% I take off, the trusts heal it back up 6-7%
By Malebolge 2015-11-10 17:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So that no Iroha thing seems to have been a bug. She spawned the next time I went in.

If you're going to zombie this I suggest cancelling the Reraise that Arise gives you. If you decline it after dying, Iroha will not try casting Arise on you again and once you're both dead you will be booted.

Is there any healing trust that won't stand right *** next to the boss?
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-10 17:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'm going to try all non-combat trusts and healers and try turning around that way nothing can heal it except iroah.

Getting that undertale style determination going.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-11-10 18:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'm going to try all non-combat trusts and healers and try turning around that way nothing can heal it except iroah.

Getting that undertale style determination going.
My exact trust setup was: Amchuchu, Apururu, Koru-Moru, King of Hearts. Player controlled BLU and WHM filled out the rest. Amchuchu's damage should'nt really cause CoD to heal that much, either. Never did I see Iroha's attacks heal it, as well.
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-10 18:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfao... now I enter and Iroah is missing completely....
 Valefor.Rejoyce
Server: Valefor
user: rejoyce
By Valefor.Rejoyce 2015-11-10 18:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the fight on DNC, just used a bunch of support trusts

Thought I could own him really fast with Grand Pas but he absorbed the last weapon skill back up to 66% or so. Next TP move hit me for 4k damage through -50% MDT, my guess was that the more you heal him the more damage he does, maybe.

After getting Arise I waited off weakness and healed Iroha, then just went in and spammed Pyrrhic Kleos (no skillchaining) and he never absorbed, none of his TP moves hit over 1k at this point. Tranced to keep trusts alive and he went down without much trouble.

No idea what triggers him to absorb physical or magical, seems random.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-10 18:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Selh'teus - he'll use Rejuvination to quickly heal you/trusts after the AoE.

Run away when the gem glows red.

Amchuchu tanked wonderfully for most of the fight, died at the end though.
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-10 18:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just grouped up with people because there was a wait to get in now due to congestion....

enter with group and iroah is missing again...... emergency maintenance incoming.

EDIT: We won without Iroah thankfully, but that is 3 times Iroah failed to spawn.
By Kooljack 2015-11-10 19:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont understand how this mission is started even after reading everything zoning in out trying different things uhggg..
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-11-10 19:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
I dont understand how this mission is started even after reading everything zoning in out trying different things uhggg..
Did you fully complete Uncertain Futures mission?
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Uncertain_Futures
By Malebolge 2015-11-10 19:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also you have to zone into Whitegate and get the Trust ciphers from the last chapter again.
By Elazar1 2015-11-10 19:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to get to the new zone with out having all of the last chapters missions done to lazy to do them on Alts?
By Elizabet 2015-11-10 20:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

While waiting for the night to come and kill the 3 monsters. I just teamed up with other folks standing there. We had a pretty rag tag of sub optimal jobs / subs combo. Yet we stuck together and did the whole thing together.

Joining up randomly with others, made new friends, sharing the last moments of the story with them. It reminded me just how fun this game is when you forget about the "meta" for a minute and just go out, explore and work it out together. A very fitting "end" as the context in which our make shift group ran the missions, reminded me of how we used to team up to clear RoZ and CoP missions.. These memories are new, but are just as powerful as the memories of old.

Thanks to those guys, you made the "end" that much more meaningful.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9