First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-12 22:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tot said: »
is there some kind of progress tracker that comes with the KI's? or something that tells you what to kill next or put into groups? (like killing sky gods in any order ect)

You can talk to the Goblin that gives you the quest. What you already have cleared has a star next to the name of the NM.
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-12-14 10:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the zone dragons the most efficient method of farming beads?

I turned in the first few levels but am only up to 20k towards the 50k so far..
By Afania 2015-12-14 10:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »

You can try chain kill lower tier nm with everyone in pt rotate pops.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-14 10:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »

If you have other things you like to do and spamming NMs isn't your thing, then yes. Just keep an eye on the unity chat and if possible, encourage friends to do the same as sometimes the messages don't display.

Getting a high evaluation is critical to earning a high bead yield. If the wyrms are dying too fast, you'll have a harder time with that, but at least you won't have to play defensively. Probably the simplest way to get a high evaluation is to go as a dual-wielding job and trying to get as many crits in as possible.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-12-14 12:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Afa and JP!

I was thinking similarly.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-14 13:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Beads on dragons caps at ~1,006 per kill. You need an evaluation of ~85k IIRC to cap out on beads. I know on RDM/NIN (doing direct melee damage to dragon) or an AoE job (killing the adds) I will always cap beads if the fight lasts ~4 min or longer. But efficiency wise, I'd say it is the most efficient method as killing T1s (at least in zi'tah, not sure about other zones) only gives about 70 beads/kill. So kill the T1s until a dragon is about to pop.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-14 14:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
Beads on dragons caps at ~1,006 per kill. You need an evaluation of ~85k IIRC to cap out on beads. I know on RDM/NIN (doing direct melee damage to dragon) or an AoE job (killing the adds) I will always cap beads if the fight lasts ~4 min or longer. But efficiency wise, I'd say it is the most efficient method as killing T1s (at least in zi'tah, not sure about other zones) only gives about 70 beads/kill. So kill the T1s until a dragon is about to pop.

I think a lot of people forget this, but the number of luck vorseals you have modifies the number of beads you get from NM kills. Might also affect dragons, but I am not sure.

We found that unless you have a method of killing several different NMs in Reisenjima very fast, Zi'tah is the ideal spot to farm beads. A solid three man group can take down most T1s in less than a minute, and none of the NMs need to be avoided like they do in Reisenjima. With three people, we were able to average about 3k beads an hour outside of the double bead campaign.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-14 14:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

I think a lot of people forget this, but the number of luck vorseals you have modifies the number of beads you get from NM kills. Might also affect dragons, but I am not sure.

We found that unless you have a method of killing several different NMs in Reisenjima very fast, Zi'tah is the ideal spot to farm beads. A solid three man group can take down most T1s in less than a minute, and none of the NMs need to be avoided like they do in Reisenjima. With three people, we were able to average about 3k beads an hour outside of the double bead campaign.

That is depending on your setup and skill. Most 3-man groups are not going to defeat all of them in less than a minute. As for your claim that none of them need to be avoided, I'd mention that the wivre can easily kill people with a couple of its TP moves and if I'm not mistaken the morbol can do extremely bad breath.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-14 14:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That is depending on your setup and skill. Most 3-man groups are not going to defeat all of them in less than a minute. As for your claim that none of them need to be avoided, I'd mention that the wivre can easily kill people with a couple of its TP moves and if I'm not mistaken the morbol can do extremely bad breath.

I'm under the assumption that if you are farming beads to make an Aeonic weapon, you have the ability to kill the NMs required to do so. Or at least make reasonable attempts. If you can challenge 140+ content, you ought to be able to make a group that can 119 mobs in less than a minute provided you know what you are doing.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-12-14 14:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Each luck vorseal adds a measly 1 bead, so for NM spam it works well. For dragon kills max is 1000 normally without any.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-14 15:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The advantage of farming bead off Reisenjima NM is that it drops tons of stones, with has more market value than lixir +1. Thus it's easier to get people to farm them. It's actually not easy to find people interested in Zitah NM spam unless they're also after A.weapon.

To farm stones/bead efficiently in Reisenjima you need to kill NMs that can be killed in 1 MB, such as bugard/morbol/kist.(Not sure if there are other good target for MB setup...maybe Dullahan?)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-14 16:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The wyrms give 100-500 (in increments of 100) based on your final evaluation, which is doubled if the double bead bonus is in effect for the zone. Luck vorseal amount is added after that. You will always get at least 100 (or 200 with zone buff) + Luck for just showing up, even if you're afk or you got there at the last possible second.

Frankly, I wouldn't worry too much about bead farming unless you've got a crew that is toppling the hardest NMs. While it's good to get the KI and as many NMs as you can out of the way, for the majority of players, there's still a lot of effort needed in preparing for the hardest battles. I've personally maxed out my beads again after already grabbing my KI, but I haven't even tried Kirin or WoC yet.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-12-16 14:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

can you get 2+ ki's and farm all NM's for 2 weapons at the same time?
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2015-12-16 14:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Two questions/confirmations:

1) The weapons are still not yet obtainable as of the December update? Or they are but nobody has advanced far enough to know what happens after getting all the NM clears?

2) As far as the nature of what needs to be done, it seems the requirements are not all that different from what many people have been doing with killing specific NMs for drops. Kind of like Dynamis shells in the past rewarding people with drops as well as currency for relics.

It seems to me that getting NM clears helps everybody, which is a positive added effect for those doing the quests.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-16 14:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tot said: »
can you get 2+ ki's and farm all NM's for 2 weapons at the same time?
No, the goblin only tracks the progress of one. When you've selected, your dialogue options are only to check the list of NMs you've cleared, or give up the quest and the KI you bought. Best you could do would be to have 50k beads ready again for when you finish.

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
Two questions/confirmations:

1) The weapons are still not yet obtainable as of the December update? Or they are but nobody has advanced far enough to know what happens after getting all the NM clears?

2) As far as the nature of what needs to be done, it seems the requirements are not all that different from what many people have been doing with killing specific NMs for drops. Kind of like Dynamis shells in the past rewarding people with drops as well as currency for relics.

It seems to me that getting NM clears helps everybody, which is a positive added effect for those doing the quests.
1) From what I've seen, I don't think anyone has finished all the new Reisenjima NMs. I have seen reports of a few of the NMs being beaten, though.

2) There doesn't appear to be any drops associated with this, everyone gets credit for being present at the kills. If a group of people all have KIs and they all clear the NMs, every single one of them will get progress. If the last step isn't anything stupid, this would mean that you'd all finish at the same time. Therefore, it would be ultimately beneficial to find people to work with on this, maybe even start an Aeonic linkshell to coordinate wins. Bear in mind that NM HP scales if there are more than 6 people, so it may require that some players step up their game to be able to contribute meaningfully on the hardest NMs.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-12-16 15:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat all t1 and t2 Reisenjima Nm's working slowly on t3's due to specific jobs we want to use. LS members are working on 50k beads as well as gear in their off time so slowly catching up but nothing to show progress until progress is made. Beat 100% Nm's is still a challenge with limited player base (of players who give a crap) so is slow but have some driving members who have got the KI and all Zitah Nm Kills and most of Sky kills. WoC and some AA's still missing but over all only a small number of 140~145 lvl Nms left to down Thanks to players like Stamos and Protey among others on Leviathan who come and team up with LS events.
By fonewear 2015-12-16 17:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a lot of work not really feeling the 50000 beads part.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-12-16 17:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

At least the NM trial is actually fun although hard.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-12-16 18:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Beads are easy enough depending on play time and jobs available. As protey has said when dragons are up and last more than a few sec can get lots of silt and beads for the work. More vorseals++ means more beads so need to get that part as well to enhance the drops. T1 Nms are easy enough to solo with and without trust and can add 50+ beads each kill so 10 kills 500 beads and if you have a solid group can spam any number of them in very quick succession to earn plenty of beans in an hour so between the 3 dragons (provided they are killed each pop) and NM farming and perhaps Killing RoE Mobs for pouches you can get a full 50k beads in a day or 2. lots of options and always depends upon the player but is nothing vs Killing all NM's in all zones and who knows whats even after that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-16 19:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No.

You have to kill them in zone order after you choose a weapon(ki)

All of Zitah, All of Sky, then all of Reisen

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-16 19:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of it is easy enough. Minus the recent update, Teles, Kirin, and WoC. Can breeze through Zitah np
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-16 21:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Last month there was an event that had the wyrms respawning twice as fast, and since a lot of people were interested in getting easy beads and vorseal bonuses, the kills themselves were easy. Was surprisingly fast to get 50k beads, though many players already may have had 10-20k or so leftover from other NMs.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-12-16 22:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the most annoying part after the 50k beads and Kills will be the next set of quest.
By fonewear 2015-12-16 23:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
fonewear said: »
Last month there was an event that had the wyrms respawning twice as fast, and since a lot of people were interested in getting easy beads and vorseal bonuses, the kills themselves were easy. Was surprisingly fast to get 50k beads, though many players already may have had 10-20k or so leftover from other NMs.

I see that doesn't sound too bad.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-17 00:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

From freshly picked #23 digest:

Quote:
The new ultimate skillchains, “Radiance” and “Umbra,” can be activated while under the effects of each weapon’s aftermath in the following manner:
With level 1 aftermath: Any skillchain -> any skillchain -> level 3 skillchain -> level 3 skillchain -> ultimate skillchain.
With level 2 aftermath: Any skillchain -> level 3 skillchain -> level 3 skillchain -> ultimate skillchain.
With level 3 aftermath: Level 3 skillchain -> level 3 skillchain -> ultimate skillchain.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Zagarikano
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zagarikano 2016-01-19 01:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

did anybody complete one yet?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-19 01:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not yet, nobody killed all of the Reisejima HELM NMs so far.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16