New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » [dev1296] Aeonic Weapons
[dev1296] Aeonic Weapons
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16
By cervelo84 2015-11-14 09:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys I might want to come back to the game but I am not activated.

Can someone tell me if Verethragna has been buffed and also Koga/ Vajra since those are the weapons I own.

I heard a rumor AM3 is 5 minutes now?

Also does Aeonic beat R/M/E ?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-11-14 10:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
It's RMEA ya *** nerds.

I have a REAM that one day this phrase will rise up and live out a true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that not all weapons are created equal."

I have a REAM that one day on the red hills of Gustaberg, the sons of former players and the sons of banned players will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a REAM that one day even the state of Adoulin, a city state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of colonization, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a REAM that these four little letters will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their acronym, but by the content of their characters.

I have a REAM today!

I have a REAM that one day have a REAM !!!!!!!
By cowardlybabooon 2015-11-14 10:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cervelo, REM buffs are coming in the next update when they allow completion of the aeonic weapons. We think.
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-14 10:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »

Can someone tell me if Verethragna has been buffed and also Koga/ Vajra since those are the weapons I own.

Just FYI the free login campaign is going on I believe, I was just raiding an old mule that I haven't had active for awhile.
By Boshi 2015-11-14 14:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't come back it's a trap.

Jk but update hasn't happened yet and no1 really knows how strong aeonic is yet.

Also if only. The tpbonus500 and nothing else carried over i dont see how the 1h aeonic wouldnt be bis offhand for any 1h mythic. Rudras at 1250
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-11-14 14:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »

Don't come back it's a trap.

Jk but update hasn't happened yet and no1 really knows how strong aeonic is yet.

Also if only. The tpbonus500 and nothing else carried over i dont see how the 1h aeonic wouldnt be bis offhand for any 1h mythic. Rudras at 1250

The problem is they never wanted people to offhand REMs, because the current weapons don't give you stats if you offhand it. Tizona's convert damage into MP doesn't work, no additional effects from excalibur, etc. I can't imagine them giving you TP bonus stats if you offhand an aeonic weapon.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-11-14 16:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They never wanted it, but that doesn't mean it's not a valid option anyway. Wasn't Kikoku/Yoshimitsu theoretically the best NIN setup at one point? Empys keep their stat bonuses in the offhand iirc, and didn't they change relics at one point so they would too? It's possible, though not guaranteed, that the STP and maybe the TP bonus will transfer as well.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-14 16:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Has there ever been a TP bonus weapon that carried over to the main hand before? I don't remember anymore.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-11-14 16:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Magians might have? I honestly don't recall. Other than than I'm pretty sure the answer's no.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-14 16:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think magians needed to be mainhanded too, I vaguely recall testing it one day when I was bored as *** and was researching crit rates on CDC. I remember being disappointed that I couldn't offhand the TP bonus sword with Almace.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2015-11-14 16:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

p sure the tp bonus dagger was used offhand for aeolian edge yeah?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-14 16:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Might have been, it's been so long (and even longer since I've cared) that I'm probably just misremembering. Doubt I kept any of the data either
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-14 16:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Has there ever been a TP bonus weapon that carried over to the main hand before? I don't remember anymore.

Based on the bg-wiki info, magian TP bonus carries over to main hand.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/TP_Bonus

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By dustinfoley 2015-12-01 12:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I am really bad at googling, but i cant seem to find a write up anywhere on where to go for the aeonic weapon quest/whats required.

I know its not complete, but so far the only thing ive read is the 50k bead requirement.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-01 12:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure it's been written up anywhere, but basically it's the following:

1) Finish all Rhapsodies missions and get the Scintillating Rhapsody KI
2) Go to Reisenjima and check the portal, using the KI to warp to a hidden location with 2 goblins
3) The goblin on the right has some dialogue and requests beads in different increments; 100, 500, 1000, 1, which unlocks his collection of weapon KIs.
4) For 50,000 beads, you can get a KI for the weapon(s) of the job you're currently on. Make sure when you pick this up that you're on the job you want, or else you'll be stuck with the wrong KI.
5) Kill all Gaes Fete NMs in Escha - Zi'Tah. This includes Wrathare and the other "hidden" pop NMs.
6) Kill all Gaes Fete NMs in Escha - Ru'Aun. This includes Kirin and Warder of Courage, as well as the other gods and AAs.
7) Kill all Gaes Fete NMs in Reisenjima. This includes Teles and the 6 new high level NMs.
8) Unknown final steps, but there's dialogue found that has the goblin talking about "goads and fragments". Judging by SE's statements, this is likely some challenging battle content or some minor thing, and not something you farm.

If their statements are accurate, then the only "farming" aspect of making an Aeonic is the 50k beads. I presume that for making additional weapons, you'd begin the process again at step 4.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2015-12-01 13:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

With the statement about "goads and fragments" I'm wondering if the final requirement is going to involve the Animated Weapons from Dynamis - Xarcabard? That's the only "goads and fragments" I can think of that currently exist, unless they plan to add more.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-01 13:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is high level versions of the Animated Weapons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2015-12-10 15:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

any new word on this since update?
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-12-10 15:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They're adjusting aftermath, so they'll need some time.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-10 16:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The sadist in me still wishes they would adapt a final weapon which requires all i119 RMEA weapons to create.

Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-12-10 16:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »
The sadist in me still wishes they would adapt a final weapon which requires all i119 RMEA weapons to create.

I mentioned that last month in a thread and some dude got mad. So don't!
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2015-12-10 16:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Clinpachi said: »

I mentioned that last month in a thread and some dude got mad. So don't!
yea I've said it before and people get mad lol
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-12-12 11:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Not sure it's been written up anywhere, but basically it's the following:

1) Finish all Rhapsodies missions and get the Scintillating Rhapsody KI
2) Go to Reisenjima and check the portal, using the KI to warp to a hidden location with 2 goblins
3) The goblin on the right has some dialogue and requests beads in different increments; 100, 500, 1000, 1, which unlocks his collection of weapon KIs.
4) For 50,000 beads, you can get a KI for the weapon(s) of the job you're currently on. Make sure when you pick this up that you're on the job you want, or else you'll be stuck with the wrong KI.
5) Kill all Gaes Fete NMs in Escha - Zi'Tah. This includes Wrathare and the other "hidden" pop NMs.
6) Kill all Gaes Fete NMs in Escha - Ru'Aun. This includes Kirin and Warder of Courage, as well as the other gods and AAs.
7) Kill all Gaes Fete NMs in Reisenjima. Note that not all of them have been added, and the KI to pop Teles has yet to be acquired.
8) Unknown final steps, but there's dialogue found that has the goblin talking about "goads and fragments". Judging by SE's statements, this is likely some challenging battle content, and not something you farm.

If their statements are accurate, then the only "farming" aspect of making an Aeonic is the 50k beads. I presume that for making additional weapons, you'd begin the process again at step 4.
Do you need to get the NM clears on the job you selected for the aeonic?

For example, if I obtained the Malformed Sword KI, and I wanted to obtain all my NM kills on SMN, will I get credit?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-12 11:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you do not need to be on that job for the clears to count. Bought the sword, killed all of Zi'tah on SCH.
[+]
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-12-12 11:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
No, you do not need to be on that job for the clears to count. Bought the sword, killed all of Zi'tah on SCH.
Thank you for the quick reply!

Praise be to Yevon.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-12-12 12:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Are you saying you have to get the KI first and then kill all NM's? for each KI? and not retroactive?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-12 12:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct. Need to re-clear the NMs for each weapon. Otherwise you'd just kill all NMs once and buy every single Aeonic.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-12 13:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It has to be in order, too. That is, all Zi'Tah, and then all Ru'Aun, and then all Reisenjima. If Warder of Courage is something your crew is figuring out, you might wanna wrap up the Zi'Tah stuff as soon as you can.

Also, made a slight edit to my above post to include that Teles and the other new NMs are required.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-12-12 20:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

is there some kind of progress tracker that comes with the KI's? or something that tells you what to kill next or put into groups? (like killing sky gods in any order ect)
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16