First Page 2 ... 14 15 16
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2015-10-28 05:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

[dev1296] Aeonic Weapons

A new class of armaments, aeonic weapons, will be added via a new quest.
  • Aeonic weapons are of the same caliber as relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons, and possess an aftermath effect that enables the activation of new skillchains that surpass light and darkness.

* Completion of the aeonic weapons requires completion of a quest to be added in a subsequent update.

And here it is folks, while not necissarily from Seakers expansion, another new set of Relic/Mythic level of weapons
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-28 05:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My body is ready...... hopfully.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-10-28 05:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be funny if it required Mythic 119, Relic 119, and Empyrean 119 to forge the new weapons. 3 becoming 1!
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-28 06:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i would quit lol

unless they make the orig 3 stupid easy to get (more then they are now)
also that woudlnt work cuz some jobs done have a relic

Dear Requirements dont be stupid lol.
By geigei 2015-10-28 06:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Would be funny if it required Mythic 119, Relic 119, and Empyrean 119 to forge the new weapons. 3 becoming 1!

All currencies would skyrocket making it the most expensive item ever made and probably impossible to make for someone with a life.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-28 06:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

More than "funny" or anything else it would be "impossible", considering how ToAU, WoTG and SoA jobs do not get access to "Relic Weapons" and SoA jobs get access to nothing.
Guess you could consider Ergon to be Mythic equivalents (they are, in the end), but they still have no access to Relic and Empyrean weapons.
Also How would you merge RDM weapons? They get access to Mandau, Excalibur, Mythic Sword, Almace.
And BRD? How do you merge Harp, Gjallarhorn, Carnwenhan and Mandau? Etc etc.

What I'm wondering is if we'll see "Aeonic Armor" (AF4?) as well.
Pic could hint to that (that's new equipment there!) but the text talk specifically only about weapons.
Either there's gonna be Aeonic Armor as well, or the one in the pic is "simply" new gear dropping from Reisenjima with new models.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-28 06:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This looks like the content that will keep people busy for the next few years.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-28 06:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

it looks very JSE tho pld looks very pldy war wary etc etc if just armor it woudlnt have the oring AF colors

then again this is Se....
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-28 06:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
More than "funny" or anything else it would be "impossible", considering how ToAU, WoTG and SoA jobs do not get access to "Relic Weapons" and SoA jobs get access to nothing.
Guess you could consider Ergon to be Mythic equivalents (they are, in the end), but they still have no access to Relic and Empyrean weapons.

What I'm wondering is if we'll see "Aeonic Armor" (AF4?) as well.
Pic could hint to that (that's new equipment there!) but the text talk specifically only about weapons.
Either there's gonna be Aeonic Armor as well, or the one in the pic is "simply" new gear dropping from Reisenjima with new models.

"Armaments" basically says new armor lol. So yes AF4.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-28 06:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
"Armaments" basically says new armor lol. So yes AF4.
No.
Or rather, not necessarily.
"Armaments" is a generic word. It tipically leads to "weaponry" but by extension it could mean anything used to fight, so armor equipment as well.

Yet in their text they specify the word weapon multiple times, and that's not really ambiguous as "armament" could be, is it?
I'd love to see AF4, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that the current text kinda rules that out =/
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-28 06:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[dev1296] 新武器群「イオニックウェポン」について
新武器群「イオニックウェポン」に関するクエストが追加されます。
レリック/ミシック/エンピリアンウェポンと比類する、新武器群「イオニックウェポン」に関するクエストが追加されます。この武器はアフターマスの発動により、光/闇を超える連携が発動できます。
※イオニックウェポンの完成には、今後追加されるクエストをクリアする必要があります。

That kinda clarifies the terrible work i suppose.... It's basically saying weapons instead of being more ominous and veering over too armor and weapons.
[+]
By geigei 2015-10-28 06:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The word itself (aeonic) means something so good it would last forever, our final weapon.

If the requirements will be r/e/m combining lots of people will cry.
If not...lots of people will cry also since they put lots of effort into rem's making them look like crap compared to new one.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-28 06:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
If the requirements will be r/e/m combining lots of people will cry.
Again... how do you release a weapon that is the "combination of r/e/m" when most jobs don't even get access to r? Two also don't get access to e? And some jobs have completely different categories of weapon as their r/e/m? You want to combine a sword with a dagger and then use it as an instrument in your ranged slot?
w

If "combination" is the keyword, clearly it can't be something as simple as getting r+e+m because that would simply be impossible for almost half the jobs in game, period.
Maybe something more elaborate, who knows, but definitely not a simple r+e+m merge.

I might be wrong but it sounds pretty obvious to me that these weapons will be the carrot on a stick bound to the new Reisenjima content about to be released, and likely connected to other previous content as well.
The perfect carrot-on-a-stick to keep players doing what would otherwise be content that nobody would care about.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-10-28 06:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

MUCH HYPE
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-10-28 06:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully they come with weaponskills too
[+]
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-10-28 06:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see them not having a unique weapon skill since it says possess an aftermath that will unlock new skill chains higher then light/dark.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shinun
Server: Fenrir
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-10-28 06:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan to stock up on HP Bayld/Dyna Currency/Alexandrite/HMP just under an assumption that I can see these weapons requiring some of each to give longevity to the content.
 Shiva.Mulitus
Server: Shiva
user: barryrock
By Shiva.Mulitus 2015-10-28 06:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope we can earn them in a day lol like most stuff.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2015-10-28 06:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Now finishing Yagrush takes priority for me! I'm not doing a melee R/M/E until I see these new weapons.
[+]
 Sylph.Artofox
user: artofox2
By Sylph.Artofox 2015-10-28 06:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »

yeah, but can we still farm t1 escha nms? :)
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-28 06:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Artofox said: »

yeah, but can we still farm t1 escha nms? :)

Of coz for now lol
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-28 06:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shinun said: »
I plan to stock up on HP Bayld/Dyna Currency/Alexandrite/HMP just under an assumption that I can see these weapons requiring some of each to give longevity to the content.

I would say it will be more to the line of dusk stones eschlixers and airlixers to reive those contents.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-10-28 06:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultramegazord!
 Fenrir.Shinun
Server: Fenrir
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-10-28 06:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shinun said: »

I would say it will be more to the line of dusk stones eschlixers and airlixers to reive those contents.

I could see it require some as part of a payment. I can't see it being the main payment because none of the previous main REM currencies have been AHable
 Carbuncle.Israfell
Server: Carbuncle
user: orionx3
By Carbuncle.Israfell 2015-10-28 07:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I certainly wouldn't mind AF4 equipment as a combination of all other AFs in order to get them. Will cause REM page fights to surge again, Vagary wins to surge again, Dynamis to surge again.

But I am mostly concerned about all the forums out there. There will be dire need to Find and Replace all the "REM" with "REMA". We can't possibly get to all of them! Will each person have to go in a edit their posts? What if they are retired? What about quoted text, they won't change when the original of edited will they? And what about "R/E/M"... you can see where this can get a bit hairy.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-10-28 07:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite unlikely because the whole point of new legendary is to keep people grind for another year without major update. Many people already have the previous legendary, they'd just finish this quest without much effort and quit.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-10-28 07:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Climhazzard > Lionheart = SKILLCHAIN: ULTIMA
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-10-28 07:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people keep bringing this up? It's a bad idea and cannot be implemented. So just drop it. Discussing things that "can" occur, or "might" occur, is one thing. Discussing something that will never happen, that's another. They are adding a new area, so OBVIOUSLY these weapons will come from there.
By Faero 2015-10-28 07:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I may be wrong, but I don't think they've added a club with the 2nd design yet - so maybe this could be Geo Aeonic?
[+]
First Page 2 ... 14 15 16