Registration Server Still Having Problems?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Registration server still having problems?
Registration server still having problems?
First Page 2
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-28 21:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed for like the entire august 24th to 28th time frame i have been unable to update my fiance's payment information to her own credit card since she finally got her own. It keeps giving me the "Server is busy or card number is invalid" crap.

Now today i had my RL friend who started to play recently call me and say his account was deactivated and it asked him to reactivate and update the payment info. He says he reopened the account but it wont let him reactive a content ID or update payment info. I tried to use my credit card on my account now on his account and it gives the same error my fiance is.

Usually they give specific dates on when the registration server will be down but on the POL page right now it says there has been a ton of issues and maintenance and then there is a specific post saying in short "oh yeah don't forget we do that crap at the end of the month"

They usually do this crap on the last two days of the month... well we have 4 days left in this month.. i mean wtf.

Is anyone else having this problem by chance?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-01 08:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is amazing even today after maintenance, it's not allowing me to change my fiance's credit card over to her own. And i think yachi still can't do hers either.

we keep getting UCS-60257 "Please check card number and information" Error when CLEARLY i've been using my credit card on my account for years.

Can anyone right now PHYSICALLY go into payment method and update it? Even if you use the same credit card info over again?

I'm beyond frustrated that for the past entire two weeks i CANNOT change credit card information on ANYONES account.

I'm about to call them today and ask what the *** the deal is.

we would try a DIFFERENT card but none of the others we have are "3-D" secure now. Just the two we have and have BEEN trying.

/endrant
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-01 08:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was about to ask if they were 3D verified. But, you said they were. Have you reentered and verified through the PoL viewer yet? You have to do this on some cards to update the 3D security flag on them or some stupid ***. You may also have to activate the security service through your bank site before trying to use it in PoL. Good Luck. :)
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-01 08:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my credit card expired and they sent me a new one, right as i got it SE introduced the "3-D" secure crap, so i went online, signed up for it, secured it. Updated my payment information and used the SAME process i'm trying to use now on two different accounts, and it's straight saying "no your card is ***".

It makes no sense. I'll log into the "3-D" secure site again and make sure all the info is correct but if it wasn't how is my account registered with the card now.

This entire billing system with playonline is the most clustershit *** thing i've ever seen in my entire life.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-01 08:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
This entire billing system with playonline is the most clustershit *** thing i've ever seen in my entire life.

QFT ; ;
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-01 08:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just double checked both our card account numbers and all information with the 3-D secure code site and everything is 110% in order...

the only thing im noticing is that we are NOT seeing a 1.00$ preauthorization charge like i've seen in the past.

I'm just going to call and see what can be done.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-01 09:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

GL man. While you have them there on the phone, ask em why they are no longer returning my emails... :D lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-01 09:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing, When I got new debit cards (apparently my accounts from two dif banks got flagged so they automatically canceled mine and sent new ones) it wouldn't let me use the same card for both my accounts. Luckily, both accounts had money in them so I could use one card for each account. This was several months ago.

When it came time to purchase the moogle expansion, I updated the information and it accepted the other card being used. So now both of my accounts use the same card.

Not sure if this relates in any way to your problem, but figured I would post it just in case.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-09-01 09:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

*looks at the date* hmmm sept 1 se pay day
So like SE to do this right before the verified by visa switch when everyone is going to be trying to change cards. Probably some sick trick they have to make people pay extra in some way.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-01 09:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what is completely blowing my mind, my fiance wanted to take over paying for her account. She's never used her card ever to pay for any FFXI account, and for some reason it just gives the same error as mine.

I mean it's not the most huge deal in the world for me or taylor because we can still log in and play, it's just lame i have no control over the payments of the accounts now.

But yachirui, cannot even log into FFXI or play for the past two weeks now, because it refuses to let her update her info as well.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-01 09:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Urial said:
*looks at the date* hmmm sept 1 se pay day
So like SE to do this right before the verified by visa switch when everyone is going to be trying to change cards. Probably some sick trick they have to make people pay extra in some way.

The best part is... we've been trying to switch my fiance's credit card to her own for the past two weeks entirely...
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-01 13:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just read someone that speculated SE's registration servers were hacked given the random token-or-not hackings going on recently. Might be why they're still down. D;
[+]
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-09-01 13:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
I noticed for like the entire august 24th to 28th time frame i have been unable to update my fiance's payment information to her own credit card since she finally got her own. It keeps giving me the "Server is busy or card number is invalid" crap.

Now today i had my RL friend who started to play recently call me and say his account was deactivated and it asked him to reactivate and update the payment info. He says he reopened the account but it wont let him reactive a content ID or update payment info. I tried to use my credit card on my account now on his account and it gives the same error my fiance is.

Usually they give specific dates on when the registration server will be down but on the POL page right now it says there has been a ton of issues and maintenance and then there is a specific post saying in short "oh yeah don't forget we do that crap at the end of the month"

They usually do this crap on the last two days of the month... well we have 4 days left in this month.. i mean wtf.

Is anyone else having this problem by chance?

Having the same problem Clinpachi... My brother just started playing a little over a month ago, and his free trial ran out so of course it tells him he needs to set up his payment info blah blah blah...

Anyways, he makes sure it's "3-D" secured and everything and then when he tries to update his info it says "Server busy o card invalid" everytime, we've been trying for over a week now and even talked to people at service & support and they don't know what's going on.
Well I tried using my bank card on his PoL account (exact same bank and everything as his, just diff accounts) And it still will not work, which is strange because I am using this card now and have been using it for FFXI for years now and I have no problems.

So my guess just something going on with the server.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-01 19:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks oric very much, i knew something had to be up and that i wasn't going insane. It's a shame yachi can't get online either, shes our WHM in our static so it's really screwed up our plans lately.

THANK you for the reply... i'm on chat with them waiting now.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-01 19:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfao.... we just used a walmart prepaid card that isn't verified or 3-D secure... and it *** worked...

so much for the mandatory 3-D secure support.
 Bismarck.Kaph
Server: Bismarck
user: Kaph
By Bismarck.Kaph 2009-09-01 22:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having the same problem myself.
I have a MC debit card, registered the secure code.
I go register to re-activate my account after a couple months of not playing the game.

I don't have any limitations to online purchases through it.

I have no idea what the problem could be. :/
 Fairy.Cailleach
Server: Fairy
user: Cailleach
By Fairy.Cailleach 2009-09-02 00:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was having the same problem with my MC so I called my bank. They said that the security code from the back of the card that SE is sending them isn't correct and causing it to get rejected. From what I'm hearing it's MC only that is having this problem. I am guessing that the billing server is messed up for MC because I know I'm putting in the correct security code.

Either way all my payments still went through for the month. On a side note....Anyone else notice that we aren't getting a notice that billing has been paid like we normally do when we log in to POL?
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-09-02 11:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. I am locked out of my account too. =_= Weird, though, because I already did the VbV crap, yet still locks me out...
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-09-02 11:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Ugh. I am locked out of my account too. =_=

same here~ I was just on last night so i'm a little pissy about it.

seriously SE needs to get this sh*T together.
[+]
 Cerberus.Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-09-02 12:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, same here.. now I'M locked too along with my brother... this ***is getting ridiculous. I hate you SE go die nao plz kthxbye.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-02 13:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is going to sound absolutely insane you guys but i was able to switch my fiance's credit card using the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE method I've ever seen.

I tried to update her card... no go.. USC error saying to check card... i was like wow wtf.

So i tried what worked for yachi... i entered a walmart prepaid card that IS NOT VERIFIED by 3-D secure.. i hit the 3-D verified button... i entered the info from my SECURE card... not the prepaid card... and it passed the info through POL.

After that step... it'll take you to the confirm screen... hit the EDIT button as if you made a mistake... and enter the CORRECT card you want to use.

After you do this just hit submit... then submit again... and it goes straight to "Payment Information Updated".

basically you need to use any other credit card to leapfrog the system.

It's amazing that you can trick the system this easily.
 Cerberus.Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-09-02 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, thanks Clin, going to try this when I get off work!
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-09-02 17:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I would try...except for the fact that I keep getting a timed out error -_- like seriously....HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I'm gonna attempt on my xbox later. last time it did this time out crap was on pc but xbox was fine.
 Bismarck.Kaph
Server: Bismarck
user: Kaph
By Bismarck.Kaph 2009-09-02 17:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the 3-D secure apply to POL on the PS2?
I think I'll try it.

Time to hit up the good 'ol storage unit. :]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-02 19:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure, i dunno how a browser would pop up on xbox or ps2... but it could never know.

I'm amazed this many other people having issues too now.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-02 19:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend was locked out of his account to. He reactivated it just fine, but noticed a 12.95 "Reactivation fee." His total bill came out to well over 50 bucks for just 2 accounts, no mules, no security token/add on purchases.
 Garuda.Hiroichirou
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Hiroichirou 2009-09-02 20:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Katarzyna said:
Friend was locked out of his account to. He reactivated it just fine, but noticed a 12.95 "Reactivation fee." His total bill came out to well over 50 bucks for just 2 accounts, no mules, no security token/add on purchases.

That crap happened to me too, i had to pay over $26 for my main + my mule. Damn tards >.>
First Page 2