New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » June Version Update
June Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Ulthakptah 2015-06-25 10:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If a white russian wasn't meant to be had at breakfast time it shouldn't have coffee liquor in it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-06-25 10:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Anyone found the recipe for Fisherman's Feast?

Not sure the recipe, but I did receive 3 from the RoE 'Reel Endurance I'. What's it do anyway?

5 more from 'Reel Endurance II'.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-06-25 10:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Too many people in this game care too much about big numbers/spike damage, and too little about actual sustained damage over time.

Too many people in this game care about their own numbers instead of their group safely winning.

It's because of ^ that I now do most end-game content with small group of people who understand team-based dynamics over self-absorbed narcissistic e-peen.
I hear ya there Ava!
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-25 11:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
I'm seriously waiting for a Pyrrhic Kleos nerf, since I can consistently do higher damage with Kleos than apparently a lot of people do with 3kTP Rudra's.

Of course, I have a specific gear set for Kleos, and have a mythic, but that won't stop people from bitching that a frilly little lace-wearing tapdancing dancer is doing "too much" WS damage.

Too many people in this game care too much about big numbers/spike damage, and too little about actual sustained damage over time.
Could You post your pyrrhic set ;-)

I think I'm doing this right. I'll find out when I post.

[edit]Pretend the weapon slots are reversed.
ItemSet 336052

That's what I'm currently using for Kleos. It could use some work, as I've been ignoring DNC upgrades for COR for a while.

I average six hits, with 1.95fTP per hit, and have 213 STR and 233 DEX. That comes out to (if I understand how the formula works; I'm bad at math) and addition of 178 to base damage from STR and DEX, and at six hits, that comes out to an effective 11.7fTP.

On the HQ Rudra's Storm set, at 1kTP, I would have a 6.2975 fTP (or whatever it gets rounded to) thanks to Moonshade Earring, with 275 DEX, for a 220 contribution from DEX. Both sets have roughly the same +ATT (122 Kleos, 132 Rudra's). This is assuming +20 ACC/ATT, +2TA, +3%WS DMG on all five pieces of Taeon in the set. At 1750 TP, you'd be getting 10.19fTP, and at 2750 TP, you'd get 13fTP.

So at 1kTP, myself in my Kleos set versus myself in the HQ Rudra's Set, I'm spamming effectively 11.7fTP Pyrrhic Kleos (on average) versus 6.2975 Rudra's Storms. If I hold TP in the Rudra's Storm set to 1750 TP, I am getting off 7 effective 11.7fTP Pyrrhic Kleos for every 10.19 fTP Rudra's Storm I'd get off; 81.9 versus 40.76.

If I hold to 2750 TP for Rudra's, for every 4 Rudra's Storms I get off at 13fTP, I'm getting off 11 Pyrrhic Kleoses. 128.7 versus 52.

This is before taking into considering the +15% WS DMG on the Taeon, but it's also before taking into account the +30% Kleos damage on Terpsichore.

So, basically, me spamming Kleos, even without Terpsichore, would be more damage that someone doing unstacked Rudra's Storms, assuming the same rate of TP gain for each of us, and that we WS as soon as we reach our specific TP threshold.

The only way for Rudra's to do good damage is SATA, or Climactic and Building Flourish. And really the only use it has is closing a second darkness on DNC, or closing first or second darkness on THF.

[edit] This is also ignoring time. It obviously takes longer to do 11 WSes than 4.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2015-06-25 11:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbs mitts 119 look pretty cool. If I'm reading the effects right a SMN with Seraphcaller and Nirvana119 would effectively get a Lv122 Carbuncle. Not too shabby for a blue jingle ball.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-06-25 11:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah! Update done so I can play now!
 Leviathan.Edane
Server: Leviathan
user: edane
By Leviathan.Edane 2015-06-25 11:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Jesus H Christ, more BST stuff.

Not impressed, SE.

Haha, that's why I was so eager to jump on right after the update- figured there's no way I could get another BST weapon... :S
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-06-25 12:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that we have a chair emote, whens popcorn emote? SE plz
Also a lawn chair would've been awesome.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-25 12:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Was hoping for a "What is a man?" /wineglass emote.

Anyway, here are some of the new models I've dug up:
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-25 13:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 336052

That's what I'm currently using for Kleos. It could use some work, as I've been ignoring DNC upgrades for COR for a while.

This is before taking into considering the +15% WS DMG on the Taeon

That is a very confusing set. Are you sure that's the one you meant to post for PK?

WS Damage on Taeon also loses to the 7STR/DEX option, and that's despite the fact you don't have a single piece of Taeon in your listed set.

Also unsure of what you're fighting where Atoyac makes much sense as on off hand, unless it's trivial.

Granted I'm not a Terpi owner, so maybe I'm missing something, but your set vs the optimal set is roughly 1200 WS damage less, which is a 160DPS deficit on Soundsplitter bats.

ItemSet 336055
Taeon: Acc/Att + Str/Dex + TA
Nibiru: C15
Vest: A15
Boots: D15
ToeTapper: 5%WSD

If you're going to use only one Ifrit+1 ring, it would replace Rajas not Eponas. Ifrit+1 only beats Epona's by a slight margin(3dmg), and only in some circumstances.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 13:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »
Also unsure of what you're fighting where Atoyac makes much sense as on off hand, unless it's trivial.

He did edit and say weapon slots are reversed.

AH gear sets don't always like to play nice with main/offhand weapons.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-25 13:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand that. I wasn't questioning which was his main hand, I was questioning what he's fighting where Atoyac makes sense as an offhand weapon choice.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-25 14:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

He returns!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-25 14:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand that. I wasn't questioning which was his main hand, I was questioning what he's fighting where Atoyac makes sense as an offhand weapon choice.

Even if DNC didn't have some of the highest accuracy in the game, Atoyac doesn't need to cap accuracy to be more damage than a 119 dagger without OAT.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-06-25 15:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

With Taeon capping accuracy on the majority of things is just not that hard even with a 115 offhand.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-25 15:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And also, Koru-Moru is casting Distract II in nearly every situation where you might not.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-25 15:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Even if DNC didn't have some of the highest accuracy in the game, Atoyac doesn't need to cap accuracy to be more damage than a 119 dagger without OAT.

Have a source for that? Because unless the DPS sheet is broken (I see ### in OAT place, but value still shows 40% when selected, so maybe it is broken?) Atoyac loses to... well damn near everything.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-25 15:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

With capped or near-capped accuracy for the Atoyac? Because in practice, that's what happens.

Accuracy in this game is a race against a bear: you don't need to be faster than the bear, you just need to be faster than the other guy. My offhand accuracy with Atoyac is still over 1000 in a generalized TP set. In any situation where that 1000 accuracy is a problem for me, it is REALLY a problem for any other DD I'm playing with, who would struggle to hit even that with substantial accuracy swaps that would severely handicap their DPS, uncapped WS accuracy, etc. This means my support is using an accuracy buff or Distract, even if I could personally cover the gap with gear changes.

It makes sense for Atoyac to lose if you still wouldn't be capped with a 119 dagger; you're feeling the full brunt of all that dagger skill. But it almost never works like that in practice, because there are not many situations where your accuracy isn't well over cap with the 119 dagger to begin with (either natively or with buff support), and the remaining ones don't favor melee anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-25 15:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even taking accuracy into account for this. Even with a forced capped accuracy DPS sheets show it losing.
I just brought up the ### issue to Skudo and Byrth to see if it's an issues or not.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-25 15:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even taking accuracy into account for this. Even with a forced capped accuracy DPS sheets show it losing.
I just brought up the ### issue to Skudo and Byrth to see if it's an issues or not.
That's an issue with a mistake you (or whoever last edited that spreadsheet) made. It often happens if the spreadsheet is trying to reference a name or something that doesn't exist. Did you rename any pieces of gear or something?

Also, bear in mind that spreadsheets aren't going to take skillchains into consideration. Easy enough with Reverse Flourish, but definitely possible with any job provided they have enough attack speed, store TP, and/or multiattacks.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-25 15:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
That's an issue with a mistake you (or whoever last edited that spreadsheet) made. It often happens if the spreadsheet is trying to reference a name or something that doesn't exist. Did you rename any pieces of gear or something?

Also, bear in mind that spreadsheets aren't going to take skillchains into consideration. Easy enough with Reverse Flourish, but definitely possible with any job provided they have enough attack speed, store TP, and/or multiattacks.

Just did a fresh install of the DPS sheet and it's still there.
I'll have to yank an old one out of the trash and re-check.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-25 15:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an easy way to check without confirmation: compare Atoyac offhand to Eminent or Homestead Dagger offhand or some other sub-119 placeholder. If the OAT isn't working then Atoyac would probably lose that comparison, too.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-25 15:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, absolutely.

You should give me a Blurred Knife +1 so we can really confirm this hypothesis.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-25 15:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason Atoyac might win would be the stat mods and whatever additional effect is augmented in addition to the OaT. I'm not saying it will, but those are bonuses that need to be considered.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-25 15:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an easy way to check without confirmation: compare Atoyac offhand to Eminent or Homestead Dagger offhand or some other sub-119 placeholder. If the OAT isn't working then Atoyac would probably lose that comparison, too.

Atoyac beats both.
As well as:
Blurred+1
Ipetam(DMG)
Rhodamanthus

But Loses to:
Odium
Nibiru
Izhii???

I think the sheets are working correctly.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-25 16:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »

Atoyac beats both.
As well as:
Blurred+1
Ipetam(DMG)
Rhodamanthus

But Loses to:
Odium
Nibiru
Izhii???

I think the sheets are working correctly.

What about Ipetam(Delay)

Ipetam(DMG) is 1024
Rhodamanthus is 1028
Ipetam(Delay) is 1039
Blurred+1 is 1042
Atoyac(Crit) is 1048
Izhiikoh is 1053
Odium is 1062
NibiruC is 1090
[+]