Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-25 05:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Nyruul said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
let the tears flow

If there are any tears shed it's for how this is the last resort for a lot of players in dying servers where once prowess end game linkshells can hardly motivate to do anything and few players want to play support roles in pick up groups or casual shells lol.

I'm sure we have people like that, but for the most part we're just all people who have been playing BST for a long time and were happy to see it become viable for end game again.

As for the flowing of tears... Spur being taken away blows, but it's not like it's something we HAD TO HAVE in order to do ***, just made it easier. It'll make 0% difference to bandwagon BSTs who didn't know about it in the first place.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-06-25 05:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
It is a very big generalisation, I would argue that Gearswap serves to enhance good players by turning multiple inputs into 1 single input and allowing for utilisation of gear that would be otherwise difficult to use.

For example, you cast a spell in gearswap, you can gear for fastcast/quick magic with the knowledge gearswap will successfully swap into your midcast set regardless of how fast you cast, even with an instacast proc.

Give Gearswap to a bad player and they probably aren't utilising these sets that make Gearswap such a powerful tool. On the flipside, good players who don't use Gearswap will still be good, they just might not be able to carry out all the actions/swaps they want to.

All I can say really is...

Wanna play BRD? Use Gearswap!

Wanna play SAM? You definitely don't have to but Swap Gear! No reason to gimp things like your maximum Meditate TP gain cause you're too lazy to make the macros or research the job enough to know that's the only good reason for the piece and that you shouldn't TP or WS in it.

Edit cause of page.
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2015-06-25 06:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »
they removed Bait and Jerkin from auto-translate :(
First standout thing I noticed too. We're going to have to get more creative in /ls or /p now :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-06-25 06:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Did SE break trust whm's this update? I've tried Kupipi and Mihli so far and neither of them cured me when I was in the yellow nor used paralyna when I was paralyzed. Hopefully they're just broken and not working the way they're supposed to now.

edit: I guess they do still cure, but I must not have been low enough on hp. Still don't use Paralyna though.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-06-25 06:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Title edited to differentiate it from the other update thread.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-25 07:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kingofbastok said: »
Did SE break trust whm's this update? I've tried Kupipi and Mihli so far and neither of them cured me when I was in the yellow nor used paralyna when I was paralyzed. Hopefully they're just broken and not working the way they're supposed to now.

edit: I guess they do still cure, but I must not have been low enough on hp. Still don't use Paralyna though.

Even before the update, I've noticed that some healer trusts will derp on their responsibilities. There was one time that I was at about 50% HP, Cherukiki had almost full MP, and she would not cure me. She wasn't silenced, wasn't asleep, she was casting occasional spells - just not the ones I needed, lol.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-25 07:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Lakshmi.Kingofbastok said: »

Even before the update, I've noticed that some healer trusts will derp on their responsibilities. There was one time that I was at about 50% HP, Cherukiki had almost full MP, and she would not cure me. She wasn't silenced, wasn't asleep, she was casting occasional spells - just not the ones I needed, lol.

I died to Beist @1% because neither Cherukiki nor Joachim would stona me. :(
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-06-25 07:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »

Cherukiki never does; Joachim fell down on the job, though.
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-25 07:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone found the recipe for Fisherman's Feast?
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-25 07:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

Cherukiki never does; Joachim fell down on the job, though.

She doesn't? That's pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. But yeah in my experience Joachim is usually quick to cast -na spells or erase, before he let me down so badly he cast stona so quick that the effect actually registered in my chat log before the message that I was petrified. But every so often he derps, and removes stuff like paralyze on himself and the other trusts, but not me..
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 07:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait. What am I missing here; how is Gearswap affected? (Haven't read through the whole update but a quick search of the page yields nothing that I see about third party anything...)
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-25 07:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Wait. What am I missing here; how is Gearswap affected? (Haven't read through the whole update but a quick search of the page yields nothing that I see about third party anything...)

Check plugins broken by version update-thread.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-06-25 07:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Unity stuffs..omitting the 3 items already discussed in the thread.

Garbage Gel items:

Vidmapere items:

Centurio XX-I items:

Azure-toothed Clawberry items:

Bakunawa item:
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 07:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Check plugins broken by version update-thread.

Looks like par for the course update stuff.

Didn't plan on doing anything important any time soon anyhow, and I can always go back to windower macros if ***gets too bad.

Just, the way it was brought up in this thread without preamble or explenation made me think SE had someone brought down a smashhammer on it deliberately instead of their normal *** at updates.
By Nyruul 2015-06-25 08:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Centurio XX-I items:

Would be awesome... if it wasn't a cloak >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-06-25 08:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
Why hasn't BST got nerfed somewhere in between where it was and it is now? I think it's awesome to shine light on pet jobs finally but BST is absolutely disgusting right now.

What difference does it make, especially at this point in the game's life?
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-25 08:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, can't find the recipe on Hakeem.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-25 08:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Why hasn't BST got nerfed somewhere in between where it was and it is now? I think it's awesome to shine light on pet jobs finally but BST is absolutely disgusting right now.

If it didn't matter Rudra's wouldn't have got enough, which itself is pretty weak when you consider that was damage getting chucked out twice a minute at best, not even factoring the positioning requirements.

Whereas jobs that can MB or jobs like BST and SMN blow Rudra's damage out of the water, hell with the JP gifts SCH can do a lot of self MBs, seeing the damage they were pumping out in Vagary was staggering.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-25 09:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »

If it didn't matter Rudra's wouldn't have got enough, which itself is pretty weak when you consider that was damage getting chucked out twice a minute at best, not even factoring the positioning requirements.

Whereas jobs that can MB or jobs like BST and SMN blow Rudra's damage out of the water, hell with the JP gifts SCH can do a lot of self MBs, seeing the damage they were pumping out in Vagary was staggering.

But SAMs couldn't stand someone making bigger numbers than they were, even if the SAM did more actual DPS because fudofudofudo every 4 seconds.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-06-25 09:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

***, sam need a buff to keep up with other DD jobs. fudo dmg just too low compare to others.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-25 09:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
***, sam need a buff to keep up with other DD jobs. fudo dmg just too low compare to others.

SAM needed a buff, THF and DNC needed 2 JAs or 2kTP/+, and gain TP much slower than SAM.

Constantly spamming Fudo every 4 seconds for self lights is much more damage than saving 2kTP to Rudra's and doing a stacked Rudra's every minute or two, positioning willing.

So both THF and SAM required another player (SATA dummy for THF, buffer for SAM), except SAM was able to put out more damage because they could put out damage constantly.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-25 09:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seriously waiting for a Pyrrhic Kleos nerf, since I can consistently do higher damage with Kleos than apparently a lot of people do with 3kTP Rudra's.

Of course, I have a specific gear set for Kleos, and have a mythic, but that won't stop people from bitching that a frilly little lace-wearing tapdancing dancer is doing "too much" WS damage.

Too many people in this game care too much about big numbers/spike damage, and too little about actual sustained damage over time.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 09:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Too many people in this game care too much about big numbers/spike damage, and too little about actual sustained damage over time.

Too many people in this game care about their own numbers instead of their group safely winning.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-25 09:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many people in this game care about their own numbers instead of their group safely winning.

It's because of ^ that I now do most end-game content with small group of people who understand team-based dynamics over self-absorbed narcissistic e-peen.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 09:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
It's because of ^ that I now do most end-game content with small group of people who understand team-based dynamics over self-absorbed narcissistic e-peen.

I have for a long time. People still have their parses, we still try to beat each other, etc. But by and large we worry about winning first. Because without having it in the context of consistent success, winning a parse is just a bunch of pointless self-worship.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-06-25 09:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seriously waiting for a Pyrrhic Kleos nerf, since I can consistently do higher damage with Kleos than apparently a lot of people do with 3kTP Rudra's.

Of course, I have a specific gear set for Kleos, and have a mythic, but that won't stop people from bitching that a frilly little lace-wearing tapdancing dancer is doing "too much" WS damage.

Could You post your pyrrhic set ;-)
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-06-25 09:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

I have for a long time. People still have their parses, we still try to beat each other, etc. But by and large we worry about winning first. Because without having it in the context of consistent success, winning a parse is just a bunch of pointless self-worship.

Totally true, parsing is no fun if you're losing.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 09:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Reiden said: »
Totally true, parsing is no fun if you're losing.

If you're losing it should be a tool for helping you improve.

Frankly you should be parsing more against yourself than anyone else, but that's just like, you know, my opinion man.

[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-06-25 10:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I could go for a white Russian right about now
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 10:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
I could go for a white Russian right about now

The Dangers of Drinking Alcohol in the Morning