New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43
By Nariont 2024-01-02 20:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately BRD TP options are limited, but at just R15 volte feet can be a better alternative in terms of TP gain. Once you get higher ranks and the DA ranks come in they're fairly similar, with the DT being a strong reason to use it over the other options.

Very good roll on chironic feet is another option, very good dark matter augment can be the best if you can afford the defensive hit
By jarhead402011 2024-01-02 20:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Unfortunately BRD TP options are limited, but at just R15 volte feet can be a better alternative in terms of TP gain. Once you get higher ranks and the DA ranks come in they're fairly similar, with the DT being a strong reason to use it over the other options.

Very good roll on chironic feet is another option, very good dark matter augment can be the best if you can afford the defensive hit

Thats a shame cause its unlikely i ever see the volte spats since my group never does dyna d and those drops are stupid rare i feel like. I cant really take the defensive hit either as i melee in only -34 DT which isnt the best lol
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-02 20:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Though they aren't ideal, I TP in Volte Feet for the DT, meva, etc. Mine are R25 and the 4% DA is nothing to scoff at either. I always TP in 49% DT just to be on the safe side, no sense losing capped (ish) DT just to squeeze out slightly faster damage.
By Nariont 2024-01-02 20:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

jarhead402011 said: »
Thats a shame cause its unlikely i ever see the volte spats since my group never does dyna d and those drops are stupid rare i feel like. I cant really take the defensive hit either as i melee in only -34 DT which isnt the best lol

That's just the life of BRD TP options, you could possibly shift your DT up elsewhere but cant say without knowing your set but really once you get nyame up to the DA point its a pretty safe option for jobs lacking options
[+]
By jarhead402011 2024-01-02 20:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

jarhead402011 said: »

That's just the life of BRD TP options, you could possibly shift your DT up elsewhere but cant say without knowing your set but really once you get nyame up to the DA point its a pretty safe option for jobs lacking options

Yeah running tp sets through that ws parse thing that someone uploaded here a while back really wants me to use the su5 dagger and crep daggers. without those my time to 1k tp is over 5 seconds regardless of what rank i set my ody gear on. I know to take that program with a grain of salt because it tends to be wrong about stuff but it is disappointing that even ashera harness and volte gats or w/e they're called do basically nothing lol
By Nariont 2024-01-02 21:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Between Ashera/d.ring/Moonbeam or gelatinous ring/PDT cape you should sit at somewhere in the 32~34ish total PDT, from there it's just determing where you want to fill the rest. You could cover the gap with Su5(9~12 DT) but thats a heavy loss if you were to be using a TP bonus OH. But again just comes down to your options, it'd be easy to say just get nyame to r20+ and get a bunzi hat r20 or so, but falling short of either of those nyame r15 or even something basic like ayanmo head/legs (3DT/5DT respectively) can work as fill ins
By jarhead402011 2024-01-02 21:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Between Ashera/d.ring/Moonbeam or gelatinous ring/PDT cape you should sit at somewhere in the 32~34ish total PDT, from there it's just determing where you want to fill the rest. You could cover the gap with Su5(9~12 DT) but thats a heavy loss if you were to be using a TP bonus OH. But again just comes down to your options, it'd be easy to say just get nyame to r20+ and get a bunzi hat r20 or so, but falling short of either of those nyame r15 or even something basic like ayanmo head/legs (3DT/5DT respectively) can work as fill ins

Yeah at the moment im using mostly ayanmo pieces with the nyame feet and r0 bunzi gloves. I have like -34 dt as it stands, i guess i shouldnt complain too much lol
By Nariont 2024-01-02 21:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta start somewhere, just remember its PDT you're largely trying to fill, assuming you get basic shell4/5 the MDT aspect is largely covered already, and breaths are pretty uncommon dmg type. But yeah, BRDs only slightly better to gear for TP than GEO/BLM and such, just because they get a sliver more DPS options like WHM
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-02 21:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be worth subbing KClub over Centovente in Odyssey runs? I've never bothered to do it... and simply only run my Kclub on RNG etc, but I suppose you could Always Madgrigal yourself? Curious what you guys think.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-02 23:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd want to get up to 2k TP with KC before firing off a WS, so at that point you're doing the same thing except giving the mob more TP to accomplish it. Never tried it (I don't own a KC) but I don't think it would be faster to get from 0-2k than 0-1k. Might be slightly faster, but also gives the mob a bunch of TP to do the same damage.

Test it out and let us know what you think. I would not recommend using KC and WSing at 1k, but KC and WS at 2k might be good.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-01-03 01:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Spreadsheet always proved Kclub OH to be the losing option even in the best possible (and unrealistical) situations to me. At best it was slightly behind.
Never tried on the sim but feel free to share your results.
[+]
By K123 2024-01-03 15:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So why would that not be the same for RNG when using Savage Blade? That KC would lose to a TP offhand.
By Nariont 2024-01-03 15:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Because RNG doesnt have a TP bonus OH, they have a Tp bonus bow/gun

Preferably bow cause you get a silly wsd+20% arrow with it
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Server: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-01-21 15:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished TVR on my BRD and got Cornelia's Ring. For Mordant and Rudra's would Metamorph+/Ilabrat or Epam be a better option for the other ring slot?
By Areaden 2024-02-04 06:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone post the Odyssey BRD pull/sleep/song set up? I’m thinking is EVA > DT > Def.
By suuhja 2024-02-04 10:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like:

sets.idle.Evasion = {
main="Nibiru Knife", -- Path A
sub="Genmei Shield",
range={ name="Linos", augments={'Evasion+15','Phys. dmg. taken -5%','AGI+8',}},
head="Nyame Helm",
body="Nyame Mail",
hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
legs="Nyame Flanchard",
feet="Hippomenes Socks +1", -- Swap to Nyame feet when you get a flee proc
neck="Bathy Choker +1",
waist="Kasiri Belt",
left_ear="Infused Earring",
right_ear="Eabani Earring",
left_ring="Vengeful Ring",
right_ring="Defending Ring",
back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Evasion+15',}}
}

-- I seem to remember some master level breakpoint being involved here, perhaps for horde radius. Empy+3 hands could bridge that cap, but loses some defensive stats.
sets.midcast.Lullaby.Evasion = {
main="Carnwenhan",
sub="Genmei Shield", -- 10
head="Nyame Helm", -- 7
body="Nyame Mail", -- 9
hands="Nyame Gauntlets", -- 7
legs="Inyanga Shalwar +2",
feet="Brioso Slippers +3",
neck="Mnbw. Whistle +1",
ear1="Regal Earring",
ear2="Eabani Earring",
ring1="Stikini Ring +1",
ring2="Defending Ring", -- 10
waist="Sveltesse Gouriz +1",
back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Evasion+10','"Fast Cast"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}, --10 FC, 10 PDT
}

sets.precast.FC.BardSong.Evasion = {
head="Bunzi's Hat", -- 7 DT, 10 FC -- Empy head +3 also looks good here
body="Inyanga Jubbah +2", -- 14 FC
hands="Nyame Gauntlets", -- 7 DT
legs="Aya. Cosciales +2", -- 5 DT, 6 FC
feet="Bihu Slippers +3", -- 5 PDT, 10 SCT
neck="Loricate Torque +1", -- 6 DT
ear1="Loquacious Earring", -- 2 FC
ear2="Etiolation Earring", -- 1 FC
ring1="Kishar Ring", -- 4 FC
ring2="Defending Ring", -- 10 DT
back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Evasion+10','"Fast Cast"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}, --10 FC, 10 PDT
waist="Witful Belt", --3/(3)
} --50 PDT / 35 MDT, 49 FC + 10 Song Cast
By Areaden 2024-02-05 09:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice thank you. I like how your set looks and its put me onto a clearer path for what i need to work towards. I wish this was in this guide post.

Do you happen to have a DD set for Melee sword or dagger set up that you use?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-05 09:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Areaden said: »

I believe this is in multiple guides already, but this is pretty much the agreed upon BiS TP set for BRD melee

ItemSet 392621

If you don't need 50% DT or have a different TVR ring you can adjust a little bit, but this is pretty universal.

It will change a little bit in very obvious ways if you're not dual-wielding.
By Artichokie 2024-02-05 10:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

I believe this is in multiple guides already, but this is pretty much the agreed upon BiS TP set for BRD melee

ItemSet 392621

If you don't need 50% DT or have a different TVR ring you can adjust a little bit, but this is pretty universal.

Any variant to sub legs in order to cap haste? I'm about 0/90 in Bastok farming every 3 days with at least TH11 on.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-05 10:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Artichokie said: »

ItemSet 392621

Any variant to sub legs in order to cap haste? I'm about 0/90 in Bastok farming every 3 days with at least TH11 on.

Not particularly. For my other BRD without the Volte Tights, I use Nyame legs/Sailfi belt/Brutal Earring, and swap for DW on cape. It's not ideal but can't really be avoided I don't think.

Another option is to swap the STP on Linos for haste

You can also use the TVR ring with haste/STP, but that's a big sacrifice of course, unless you already have it.
By Nariont 2024-02-05 10:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Next best afaik is ayanmo legs. BRD doesnt have much for good TP options
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-05 10:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Next best afaik is ayanmo legs. BRD doesnt have much for good TP options

Even un-augmented, Nyame legs have better DEF, DT, MDB, atk, eva, and meva than Ayanmo. If you have path B augments, they also get DA. I would only use Ayanmo on a VERY new character.

Edit: oh ***they have 9% haste. I guess that's possible...
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2024-02-05 10:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Artichokie said: »

ItemSet 392621

Ayanmo Cosciales +2 is the only good option.
Telchine Braconi with Haste/Acc Augs.
Jokushu Haidate is another bad option low on stats aside from the 20% Haste.
Can always use different hands for Haste stats like Gazu Bracelets +1 R15, or put Haste on a Linos instead DblAtk+3.

You could go 7-10DW on Cape, lose 1 DW to cap or hit 11 with Eabani Earring, use Sailfi Belt +1 for more Haste.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-05 10:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ayanmo/Eabani/Reiki/STP cape vs Nyame(R25)/Brutal/Sailfi/DW cape gives:
STP+16
DA-15
TA-2
DW+1

Eh...I still think the Nyame path is better, mostly for survivability, but it's worth considering, at least possibly.
By Artichokie 2024-02-05 11:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you all!
By gavroches 2024-02-05 12:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I would recommend to drop the body/volte. They both short 40+ each MEVA and the game is highly tailored towards that lately (can you survive pretty much, every aspect of the game is a form of equation that floors. Group mostly fails because of the lack of MEVA/def not bard paper DD), at least in the content that actually matters. Nvm all the other stuff like defense (another 30+), accuracy (20) …each.if it’s not ody/empyrean it’s a wasted inventory in my opinion
By SimonSes 2024-02-05 12:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

gavroches said: »
Personally I would recommend to drop the body/volte. They both short 40+ each MEVA and the game is highly tailored towards that lately (can you survive pretty much, every aspect of the game is a form of equation that floors. Group mostly fails because of the lack of MEVA/def not bard paper DD), at least in the content that actually matters. Nvm all the other stuff like defense (another 30+), accuracy (20) …each.if it’s not ody/empyrean it’s a wasted inventory in my opinion

The meva there isn't THAT low and resist paralyze is very good too. Also you can simply make hybrid set, where you replace legs and body with Nyame path B, if the fight really requires top survivability.
 Asura.Jenniferrr
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2024-02-05 15:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone use kblub off hand for BRD seg farming? You're already using tp weap for offhand. Accuracy usually isn't an issue until 4th floor then I usually just pianissimo an accuracy song.

Disclaimer: I don't own a kclub but still curious.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43