users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 40 41 42
By ksoze 2020-07-21 12:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
ksoze said: »
So what does the dps and wsd look like of a DD bard? Is it worth investing in?

The cost/benefit of DD BRD definitely doesn't compare well with most other DD options.

But if you're like the rest of us, and have already sunk millions(billions) into the job, you just go for it because why not at that point.

so i'm guessing like 2k savage blades? :p
 Asura.Melonlord
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: MelonLord
By Asura.Melonlord 2020-07-21 13:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about savage blade numbers but someone posted Mordant Rime numbers a while back. YMMV since this was super buffed: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46553/military-parade-a-dd-bard-guide/14/#3450980
user: yossarian
By Asura.Yossarianprime 2020-08-05 12:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
So what does the dps and wsd look like of a DD bard? Is it worth investing in?

The cost/benefit of DD BRD definitely doesn't compare well with most other DD options.

But if you're like the rest of us, and have already sunk millions(billions) into the job, you just go for it because why not at that point.

so i'm guessing like 2k savage blades? :p

x10 at least
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-08-05 12:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a BRD w/ SB setup w/ TP bonus dagger and in comparison to a COR w/ TP bonus gun, when COR does 45-50k, BRD probably does 30-35k. There's not as much WSD gear available to make it much stronger but it's extra damage in the end.
user: yossarian
By Asura.Yossarianprime 2020-08-05 13:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
I have a BRD w/ SB setup w/ TP bonus dagger and in comparison to a COR w/ TP bonus gun, when COR does 45-50k, BRD probably does 30-35k. There's not as much WSD gear available to make it much stronger but it's extra damage in the end.

Just get godly Chironic DM Augs! Jk. but not really. I've got 9 WSD on chironic hands and i <3 them.
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-08-06 00:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm quite pleased with my R15 Carn tbh, with 2 DDs + 1 COR my BRD alt can usually pull 10-12% dmg, which is better than sitting there idle :p
 Shiva.Phioness
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-08-06 00:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also have a R15 Carny and love it, feels great to spam MR with AM3 up, any other WS setup pales in comparison due to slower TP gain.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2020-08-10 11:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, was wondering
got 6acc 33att wsd6% on chironic slipper, is this better than relic feet for MR?
By geigei 2020-08-10 11:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Phioness said: »
Also have a R15 Carny and love it, feels great to spam MR with AM3 up, any other WS setup pales in comparison due to slower TP gain.
But but...them 40k savage??
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-10 11:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Shiva.Phioness said: »
But but...them 40k savage??

Spamming savage on another job would probably make me puke. Also MR has great skillchain properties opening both light and darkness and doing distortion with itself.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-08-13 17:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven’t seen much talk about R15 Ternion Dagger as a top tier offhand in this thread. Anyone else using it? Seems like a no brainer for Rudra or Rime setups. I currently only have Tauret and Naegling but I’m still using it as my OH.
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-08-13 17:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For Rudra's or Savage Blade TP bonus offhand is going to win in situations where ACC isn't too much of a concern. Might work well with Mythic WS or serve as an alternative to Taming Sari? Would be curious to see.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-08-13 18:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m thinking it’s probably better than Sari for Carn users.

I know on some of the other job forums (NIN and DNC in particular) did some testing and it’s coming out as BiS offhand when TP Bonus (cento/hitaki) aren’t in play due to the really low delay/high acc/additional wsd.
By geigei 2020-08-14 03:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Haven’t seen much talk about R15 Ternion Dagger as a top tier offhand in this thread. Anyone else using it?
This was my first B upgrade but only because i get to use it as thf and rdm also.
Overall i think is slighlty better than sari.
By Tarualex 2020-08-14 09:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little surprised R15 Ternion is better than a max Taming. I would have thought 22DEX and 12CHR would produce better results than 5%WSD.
 Odin.Naytan
Server: Odin
user: Naytan
By Odin.Naytan 2020-08-14 10:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarualex said: »
I'm a little surprised R15 Ternion is better than a max Taming. I would have thought 22DEX and 12CHR would produce better results than 5%WSD.
The faster TP gain from the lower delay and 1% more TA is what pushes it ahead. The 5% WSD mitigates some of the differential in the stat loss.
By Tarualex 2020-08-14 10:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know. The lower delay make perfect sense. I actually didn't give any value to the TA since my TP build has exactly zero TA in it to begin with.
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2020-08-14 23:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a dumb questions, but whatever. Agony preferred over ambu body if you don't have ashera?
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2020-08-14 23:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jinbe said: »
hello, was wondering
got 6acc 33att wsd6% on chironic slipper, is this better than relic feet for MR?

While those augs would be better on fodder, it's generally better to stick with Bihu+3

Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »
Probably a dumb questions, but whatever. Agony preferred over ambu body if you don't have ashera?

assuming it's R15 it should work just as well as Ashera. actually, for damage it could even be considered preferable in situations you don't need the Acc from Ashera
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-08-16 18:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello there, fellow bards!

I just got finished with some Dark Matter augments and I was hoping to get some opinions. Below are my TP and MR sets. What do you think about adding some of these new ones?

ItemSet 364229

Chironic slippers have Store TP +4 and Haste +2.

ItemSet 364233

Picture won't show up for some reason: https://imgur.com/FwHbRJi
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-08-16 20:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are some juicy augs especially the legs. However, I don’t think you can hit haste cap using those legs without drastically changing all of the other slots? You’ll be short 2-3 haste...which sucks cause those legs are nice. Imagine those on the slippers? Ugh!

I don’t think either of the WSD pieces will beat bihu+3. I think I remember seeing some folks on this thread saying you pretty much need WSD over 8 from DM to have a chance to beat bihu.

The STP feet are probably best for your setup during carn am3 so I would use those for sure.

Also, reiki yotai+suppa is 12 dw which is over the cap (at max magic haste) for /NIN and actually hurts your tp gain..you can swap that to eabani and be right at the cap.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2020-08-16 21:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if you wanted to make the QA Hose work, you would have to sacrifice so much in other slots to make up for the Haste loss that it's not worth it

I agree though, the sTP Feet are really nice! The Head, also, has +2 more Store TP than Ayanmo+2. It's a plus that it has a little accuracy in the augment to help fill that gap, but it is still 44-45 Acc behind it. However, it should be better than Ayanmo+2 when Accuracy isn't an issue.
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2020-08-16 22:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Those legs!
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-08-17 03:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad that QA/CHR augment wasn't on a pair of feet/head >.<
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2020-08-18 00:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I did try messing around around with the pants in Sechs' BRD spreadsheet. Sometimes with the right set to make up for the Haste loss, it was better than Volte, but only in some situations. If only it had some other supplementary augs =/
By Crossbones 2020-08-18 00:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Use sailfi belt and 10 dw on cape, swap suppa to something else. Should have enough haste then. Will be 1 dw under haste cap but oh well.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2020-08-18 01:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

^hadn't thought about DW aug, that seems like the best solution. something like this, including their other Chironic augs:

ItemSet 374946

consistently does better on that spreadsheet too, than the other set. I was also looking at Sailfi+1 R15 for single wield, but was getting varying numbers for SW setup

maybe their next DMs will have DW+1 on another piece! lol
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-08-18 01:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help, everyone! To be honest, I've been kicking myself constantly for using the hose and not the head. >.< I was tinkering with the idea of Safi and DW back.

I was hoping that people could weigh in on my aftermath set. Last I heard the Taming Sari is BiS for Carn/MR spam. I was thinking about possibly using Tauret, Blurred +1, or Tern +1. Would it be worth considering these new QA hose?

ItemSet 374962

Linos: ACC 14 STP 4, QA 3
Chironic gloves: ACC/ATT 13, 9 STP, +2 Enmity.
Chironic slippers: Haste +2, STP 4. (The +2 haste on the feet is needed to cap- haste.)
Back: DEX 20, ACC 30, ATT 20, STP 10, 10 PDT

This gives me 6 QA, 8 DA, Capped DW, capped haste, 70 STP, 21 PDT, 9 MDT (ew).

EDIT: Not sure how this set stacks up. Any suggestions?

ItemSet 374963

Linos: ACC 14, 4 STP, 3 QA (Can probably do better than 14 ACC)
Chrionic gloves: ACC/ATT 13, 9 STP, +2 Enmity.
Chironic hose: CHR 10, ACC 32, ATT 16, 5 MACC, 5 MAB, QA3
Chironic slippers: ACC 19, ATT 26, STP6
JSE Cape: DEX 20, ACC 30, ATT 20, STP 8, DW2, PDT 10

9 QA, 6 TA, 12 DA, Capped DW, capped haste, 51 STP, 21 PDT, 9 MDT (still ew) (New set)

I'm not sure if I should focus more on MA or STP. If I recall correctly, AM3 and MA aren't optimal.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2020-08-18 02:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

second set is better than the first with some tweaks, although it has a little less accuracy, it's not that big of a difference, but just something to keep in mind. Ternion+1 R15 is also too good not to use offhand if you can get it.

glad the hose will work :)

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I'm not sure if I should focus more on MA or STP. If I recall correctly, AM3 and MA aren't optimal.

yea thats true to an extent. since you have a high OAX rate, Multi-attack just becomes less valuable. DA is still okay, but not as desirable since it can deny potential OA3 procs. TA and QA are still good, they just aren't doing as much for you as they would AM down. so since Multi-attack holds less weight, STP is likely to be better than it is in comparison to AM down, depending on the value of each, and the set
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 40 41 42