New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 40 41 42
By Wotasu 2019-09-05 15:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

With this Im doing 30~42k on Zudac with Geo-Frail/Indi-Fury & Sam/Chaos & R15 Carn
Code
range={ name="Linos", augments={'Accuracy+15 Attack+15','Weapon skill damage +2%','DEX+7',}},
    head="Bihu Roundlet +3",
    body="Bihu Jstcorps. +3",
    hands="Bihu Cuffs +3",
    legs="Bihu Cannions +3",
    feet="Bihu Slippers +3",
    neck="Bard's Charm +1",
    waist="Grunfeld Rope",
    left_ear="Regal Earring",
    right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
    left_ring="Airy Ring",
    right_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
     back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'CHR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','CHR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
 Asura.Meliorah
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-05 15:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
ryukin182 said: »
Asura.Jinbe said: »
hello there was wondering this is my set for mordant time":
range={ name="Linos", augments={'Accuracy+11','Weapon skill damage +2%','Quadruple Attack +3',}},
head={ name="Bihu Roundlet +3", augments={'Enhances "Foe Sirvente" effect',}},
body={ name="Bihu Jstcorps. +3", augments={'Enhances "Troubadour" effect',}},
hands={ name="Bihu Cuffs +3", augments={'Enh. "Adventurer\'s Dirge" effect',}},
legs={ name="Bihu Cannions +3", augments={'Enhances "Soul Voice" effect',}},
feet={ name="Bihu Slippers +3", augments={'Enhances "Nightingale" effect',}},
neck="Bard's Charm +1",
waist="Grunfeld Rope",
left_ear="Regal Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Airy Ring",
right_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'CHR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','CHR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

but my rudra still doing more dmg, is that normal? main carn/sari

I have the exact same set except the linos. With frailty/fury and drk/cor buffs im doing 19k MR constant. Is this normal (30 ws's on reis mobs)? I have literally no one else to compare this too and the spreadsheet sticky below this doesnt have a bard one lol

First question: are you R15 Carn?

Second: rei mobs more specific? NMs? Or trash mobs?

With your songs. And R15 carn and those rolls you should be one shotting trash mobs. And I dont believe you'll be doing more damage than the mob has in HP. (Corrext me if I am wrong there).

Those buffs on a kirin fight mordant rime should be doing 30k-45k

Also I don't know who made that set you posted, but Bard can't even wear Regal ring. My set is BiS Mordant rime.

<set name="Mordant"> <!--Mordant Rime Set-->
<range augment="S37576958767127">Linos</range>
<ammo>displaced</ammo>
<head>Bihu Roundlet +3</head>
<neck>Bard's Charm +2</neck>
<ear1>Ishvara Earring</ear1>
<ear2>Regal Earring</ear2>
<body>Bihu Jstcorps. +3</body>
<hands>Bihu Cuffs +3</hands>
<ring1>Epaminondas's Ring</ring1>
<ring2>Ilabrat Ring</ring2>
<back augment="S8139218489191018759">Intarabus's Cape</back>
<waist>Grunfeld Rope</waist>
<legs>Bihu Cannions +3</legs>
<feet>Bihu Slippers +3</feet>
</set>

There is no regal ring in that set.
By ryukin182 2019-09-08 19:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carn is r15, it was trash mobs but even on NMs (even unity NMs like cama bull) its still 20k. Granted I should have also put my bard necklace is half completed, but thats not anywhere NEAR making up the amount of dmg others have posted.
By SimonSes 2019-09-08 23:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Avg dmg with this set:

ItemSet 361583

should be around ~26k. ~36k are spikes from multihit proc.
That's outside of Escha. In Escha it would be higher, but not sure how much higher.

EDIT: This is with AM3 up. Without AM3 up its around ~23700. Without AM3 and half stats on neck, its ~22k. With AM3 and helf neck its aorund ~24k
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-09 01:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Simon are you getting better results from Perf Taming Sari for R15 Carn MH?
I haven't done Spreadsheet tests nor parses but some random considerations I've been making about Perf Sari vs Tauret:

1) Sari has better raw stats for Mordant Rime (+12CHR, +7DEX, +22STR)
2) Sari has TA+3%. Diminished return when AM3 is up, but it's still a contribution to damage nonetheless
3) They have similar Attack (Sari a bit more but it's a miniscule difference)
4) Same DMG but Tauret has 31 less delay

I'm not factoring Accuracy, but Tauret has ~4-12 more acc than Sari.
The range because ~4 is the value of additional "pure" accuracy that Tauret gives to both hands, whereas ~8 is the amount of accuracy Tauret gives just to the offhand.

Accuracy is something to consider for Wave3 and, arguably, for some Wave2 (if you're not gonna get Madrigal in Wave2, you *will* need to compensate with acc in your gear and/or Food)
What's important here is that on a hunch most people, myself included, are keen to think that Tauret has a shitton more acc than Perf Sari, but when you go see the details the difference isn't really that huge in the end.

What is the point I'm trying to make out of all this blabbering?
I'm not sure myself.
I think Perf Sari is clearly gonna win if we want to evaluate pure WS DMG alone, but that -31 Delay is no joke and I'm seriously wondering if the overall DPS could be better with Tauret compared to Perf Sari.
I'm not really sure though. What's your take on it Simon? I'm curious to hear other people's opinions.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-09 01:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of damage yesterday in Divergence Jeuno my WSAVG for Mordant Rime was a bit higher than 20k with R15 Carns MH and Tauret OH. Actually I think Scoreboard returned to me a WSAVG of ~21k?
I spiked as high as ~35k at least, maybe more.
I was occasionally hitting for 17-18k.
It has to be considered I wasn't always getting Frailty and Dia4 on every single target, especially the thrash.
For the red eyes NMs both were usually up but sometimes I'd hit 1 or 2 MR before the debuffs applied on the target.
My gear is not BiS, but it's pretty good I have to say.

As usual with MR builds there's a shitton of wasted TP. You do waste TP in general, but way more in Divergence with the huge lag you get.
Not sure if it's any less laggy on other servers but on Asura, while variable, there's usually a lot of lag that goes from "laggy" to "unbelievably laggy" (>10 seconds delay!)

If we wanna talk about parsing I was I think third? With like ~12% damage? First was a DRK (Empy GS) with ~30%, second was another DD who wasn't really much ahead of me, barely I would say. The only one miles ahead was the DRK.
COR and Crocea Mors RDM were really close to me and we basically competed for the third spot a lot.
NIN was behind us (lolz) but he has pretty meh gear and he wasn't playing seriously so he doesn't count I guess.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-09 01:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember in Dyna-J you're getting 20 or 50% damage boost depending on statue color.

Also with the lag it sometimes won't change your WS gear correctly. So you will hit some WS in TP set, lul.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-09 02:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Remember in Dyna-J you're getting 20 or 50% damage boost depending on statue color.

Also with the lag it sometimes won't change your WS gear correctly. So you will hit some WS in TP set, lul.
The most annoying part in Dyna is that it doesn't return to my TP gear, it stays in my WS set forever and take ages to swap into TP gear properly after an action/WS.

I should make a specific button to force equip TP set and simply press it after every WS but I'm lazy lol, I haven't been bothered.

Plus let's not speak of the times when you try to engage on a target but then it never happens or if it does your target is already at 1% HP left, lovely!
But this is a problem more for the overall DPS, it doesn't really affect much the WSDmg which is what we were talking about here.

Most of my numbers come from Red Eyes NMs anyway. On the trash debuffs weren't up most of the time and, honestly, I really did't shoot that many WS, it was so annoying to try to target/engage that after a while it stops being fun.
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2019-09-09 03:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazy Sechs ! I mean every job in DynaD need buttons to be able to manually force back the aftercast, probably force the midcast too. precast has always been fine though.
TPing in WS is too common not to, especially in W3.
By Wotasu 2019-09-09 03:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

The most annoying part in Dyna is that it doesn't return to my TP gear, it stays in my WS set forever and take ages to swap into TP gear properly after an action/WS.

I should make a specific button to force equip TP set and simply press it after every WS but I'm lazy lol, I haven't been bothered.

Gearinfo has an auto update toggle for gearswap which checks that you're in the right gear every second.
By gargurty 2019-09-09 11:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

and what is the lua for that to put in my geo lol.
Cos the lag is driving me insane sometimes
By Wotasu 2019-09-09 11:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearinfo
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2019-09-09 11:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
Says it's no longer being supported.
By Wotasu 2019-09-09 12:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Willster said: »

Still works as of today for me atleast. I dont know if anyone keeps it up to date somewhere else.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-09-09 12:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Still works as of today for me atleast. I dont know if anyone keeps it up to date somewhere else.
ya, I loaded it up and no errors. Here's to hoping it stays updated.
Also, quick question, know how or if possible to hide that large display?
By ryukin182 2019-09-09 13:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The command is //gi hide. But for some reason the black box wont go away and still shows r.acc and UGS, oh well.
By Wotasu 2019-09-09 13:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can move it outside screen also if you want or almost outisde screen
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-09 14:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Name rings a bell but I'm not sure I've ever used GearInfo (why is it not on the Windower official launcher btw?)

Other than displaying various stats on screen inside boxes, what is the purpose of this addon? Wotasu mentioned synergizing with Gearswap.
To do what? And how?
By Wotasu 2019-09-09 14:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know how it works, but it checks against gearswap what should be equiped and force that gear if it's not on. And as you said it shows lots of stats which I guess is the main purpose.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-09 14:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

And it does that automatically? Without you having to make specific calls in Gearswap and blah blah?
By Wotasu 2019-09-09 14:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea, im not tech savvy ;x
I use Sel's gearswap which auto updates inbuilt.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-09 14:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

To answer myself: yes you do need specific lines and calls in gearswap for GearInfo to work with it.

It's pretty complex.
Well, "complex" is not the right word, it's simple but it's a lot of work and would require me, for instance, to rework a good amount of my Luas.

No bueno, I'm afraid =/
I'm lazy.
At that point it would be simpler for me to bind a force-equip command to one of my macros or hotkeys, just like I used to do heavy, years ago.

edit:
Don't want to sound ungrateful to you Wotasu, I apologize.
I was simply sharing my personal experience, I do apreciate you shared this with all of us!
By Wotasu 2019-09-09 14:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no problems I didnt see it as ungrateful.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2019-09-09 15:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »

The command is //gi hide. But for some reason the black box wont go away and still shows r.acc and UGS, oh well.
I have a smaller box still there, but better than what it was. I'll move it off screen
By Wotasu 2019-09-09 16:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd fun!

My first real chance to test out R15 Carn.
WoC was SV songs VM/HM/Min/Min/Mad Bolster Frail/Attunment none Idris & Regal Sam Chaos & Fighters Rogue. PT Sam Drk Thf Brd Cor Run

Cor had acc issue on WoC. All are R10-15 aside from Cor

Kirin/Kouryu was 4 NQ songs VM/HM/Min/Mad, BoG none Idris Frail/Torpor. Sam & Chaos, PT Sam Thf Cor Brd Run

These where the highest ws tho, average was about 20k~
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2019-09-30 06:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

if someone would share his BiS TP set with /NIN
w/o volte & DM gears please
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-09-30 08:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jinbe said: »
if someone would share his BiS TP set with /NIN
w/o volte & DM gears please

Most would agree Ayanmo even over DM gear. I would, anyway. My goal is to contribute meaningful damage and stay alive. Full Ayanmo achieves that for me.
[+]
By Wotasu 2019-09-30 09:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 368827
Cape: DblAtk.

(I use this when I dont need Acc, 1 short on DW, oh and cheap +1 charm)
ItemSet 368828
Cape: DW+10, Acc/Atk/DblAtk on Chironic's.

AM3
ItemSet 368829
Cape: Stp+10
Linos Acc/Quad/Stp

AM3 Dreams c.c
ItemSet 368831
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-30 10:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

From my (limited) tests, you need DM augs on Chironic to make it really worth it.
And yeah, 5/5 Ayanmo is pretty nice, decent stats, some -DT and general defensive stats, lots of acc and a bit of STP and DA.
You kinda need close to perf augs on Chironic and even then the difference is quite small.
Unless you're really really hardcore about BRD DD, I wouldn't suggest to go that route.

If you really like to augment stuff, focus your time and resources on one or multiple Linos, that's a really nice Ammo with powerful stats that make a difference compared to all other options available.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-10-01 22:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For the DD aspect of Bard, I've been wondering how Naeglring adds up compared to using R15 Carn. I'm about to finish my next mythic and will be starting another right after. I guess I'd like to know (outside of song duration) if R15 Carn is quite a bit better for DPS than a Savage blade naeglring setup.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 40 41 42