The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 149 150 151
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-11-20 17:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Genoxd said: »
How does Pet: DMG+5% work on the Nyame set?
Is it melee hits, BP + Melee? Is it multiplicative with BP DMG?
Melee hits and BPs, it is calculated after BPD.

No body

Nyame body

AF3 body
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Bixbite
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-12-28 18:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have sone nyame path b weaponskill numbers?
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-12-29 09:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Any particular ws in mind? It's worse than almaric for magical ws's, it's better for weapon skills like black halo.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-12-29 18:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Conduit to apply buffs then dd wearing path b nyame using staff or club is probably the highest damage output now on mobs that are geo/bp nerfed, during that short buff window lol.

Geo gets good enough black halo numbers and smn should be close though a bit worse? Its much less clunky to dd on geo due too only needing to cast two spells. Smn at least gets some "natural" double attack from favor.

Quote:
Any particular ws in mind? It's worse than almaric for magical ws's, it's better for weapon skills like black halo.

I forget about almaric. So nyames str,mnd,int +41% wsd,+150 mab is worse then almaric's ?298? mab for garland and flash nova.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2022-01-01 21:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kruel said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
There is a new Favor tier at 735 skill.
Yeah, and 736 skill is possible at master level 20. (although that's only by dropping the Beckoner's Horn).
What gear are you using to get this high? I seem to be stuck at 715 and other than a point or 2 from nitpicking augments on capes, I cant figure out what im missing to get any higher unless its like DM augemnts or something.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-01-01 21:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Espiritus and Vox?
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2022-01-01 22:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

@ 715 Summoning magic in this set full smn magic merits not sure where you get the extra 20 points from.

main={ name="Espiritus", augments={'Summoning magic skill +15','Pet: Mag. Acc.+30','System: 2 ID: 153 Val: 3',}},
sub="Vox Grip",
ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
head="Baayami Hat +1",
body="Baayami Robe +1",
hands="Baayami Cuffs +1",
legs="Baayami Slops +1",
feet="baayami Sabots +1",
neck="Melic Torque",
waist="Kobo Obi",
right_ear="C. Palug Earring",
left_ear="Lodurr Earring",
left_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
right_ring="Evoker's Ring",
back={ name="Conveyance Cape", augments={'Summoning magic skill +2','Pet: Enmity+8','Blood Pact Dmg.+2','Blood Pact ab. del. II -3',}},
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2022-01-02 01:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the exact same set as you Jdove, except I have +5 skill on the cape and Incantor's torque instead of melic.

Are you master level 20 yet?

You get the extra 20 skill from that.

Also, your set should be 713 skill, since the only differerence between ours is the +3 extra I get from my cape augment.

Nevermind, just realised that probably means you're master level 2.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2022-01-02 02:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out i didnt have the bayaami hat on when i was looking and had the beckoner's horn equiped, with the bayaami hat +1 I'm @ 733. Sorry for the pointless question and thank you for the input.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2022-01-02 02:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, i'm @ 489 skill naked too.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2022-01-02 02:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

edited my last post thanks
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2022-01-02 02:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad you figured out.
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-01-16 00:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm bringing/multiboxing 2 smn to Fu to kill it and someone else is holding it with puppet, I have a couple questions:

1. How do I damage Fu effectively since it won't be absorbing buffs off the puppet?
2. What bloodpacts/skillchains should I be doing on Fu?

3. Unrelated, but a general smn question: If I used Ifrit to damage a mob and then release Ifrit, does that emnity transfer to me or is it only the job ability enmity from the blood pact while on the hate list?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-16 00:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
If I'm bringing/multiboxing 2 smn to Fu to kill it and someone else is holding it with puppet, I have a couple questions:

1. How do I damage Fu effectively since it won't be absorbing buffs off the puppet?
2. What bloodpacts/skillchains should I be doing on Fu?

3. Unrelated, but a general smn question: If I used Ifrit to damage a mob and then release Ifrit, does that emnity transfer to me or is it only the job ability enmity from the blood pact while on the hate list?

Flaming Crush -> Volt Strike should do great damage
Hate does not transfer to you when you release your avatar.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-01-16 01:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppeteer should /whm(1 smn/rdm can do this part too) and do basic buffs 4-8 on themself before pull and between each Ebullient Nullification.
Make sure pup is within 15' yalms at pull to avoid draw in. Like useless barspell(not fire) Stoneskin blink pro/shell 1, aquaveil etc stand 20~ from Fu all time, make sure pup got a refresh.
And volt strike <> flaming crush works both ways and crush tends to 9s more often.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2022-01-16 04:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

With PUP tank and x2 SMN I normally use Ecliptic Growl then leave 1 character inside absorb range per Ebullient Nullification and rotate my characters in and out of range.

I then re-apply Ecliptic Growl when Fu is between 49% and 25% HP.

Decently geared SMN's will be hitting 99k Blood Pacts, so the fight is over in a couple of minutes.

My personal preference for x2 avatar skillchaining is Hysteric Assault and Flaming Crush, I only really use Volt strike if the mob is weak to blunt, I prefer less risk of 1 avatar getting killed while setting up skillchains, Hysteric Assault helps so much with this, and is comparable in dmg to Volt Strike too.

As long as you give Fu between 6-8 buffs, a half decently geared PUP Automaton won't have any issues tanking.

(Make sure you pull Fu from the opposite side at the start, and hug the near wall with your SMN's, your puppetmaster will be the first person absorbed on the pull).
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2022-01-16 15:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just keep the pup (the master) in absorb range full time then as soon as it eats the buffs just reapply growl on the pup (the master) then you dont have to worry about it. SMN stay out of range its quick with just 1 smn not using skillchains at all too using ifrit. You can also solo skillchains apogee, the only safe one you can solo out or range is Chaotic strike>volt strike for distortion when able.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2022-01-16 16:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, was just responding to his question for his pup, and x2 smn setup.

1 pup and 1 ifrit takes fu down easy too.

As for running in and out, just saves me extra time instead of re applying ecliptic growl after every ebullient, just an efficiency thing for me, your way works fine too.

I've also been known to conduit after the first ebullient and quickly rotate characters for a super fast kill :P

(I only do that when helping others though, you want enough players with ecliptic growl to rotate through all phases in 1 go).

Also, that only works with Siren, Ifrit will pull hate fast, and die way before conduit wears off.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-01-17 14:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

On the above responses on Fu. I'm trying to get a feel for how I'm geared.

If I'm doing 12k volt into 25k flaming and 30kish light on apex mahatmas, do I still need gear or am I okay to start on Fu?
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2022-01-17 15:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're taking advantage of his absorb mechanics, will be an easy kill for you.

Just try him once and see what sort of dmg you do to him, worst case is it'll b a slightly slower kill, a SMN doesn't have to be crazy geared to do serious dmg to him with the absorb mechanic.
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-01-18 15:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the above feedback. The pup was new too, so we didn't know how many buffs we would be able to feed and have the puppet safely tank.

We started with 4 and it was excruciatingly slow, but we kept adding more with no real problems, and were able to get the kill and the pup got a shulmanu collar out of it.

Thanks all ~
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2022-04-18 07:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to maximize my Night Terror damage on Ongo, I can get V20 down below 80% and I want to push it to 75 but I'm crap at smn. I'm considering +2 neck but I really didn't want to spend that much more if I can help it. I haven't gotten an adad neck to drop either. I know I can get my cape changed to m.damage. Enticer's pants lowered my damage so that's out.

Any suggestions? Is there anything else smn can do to increase damage on it that does not involve using SPs?

Grioavolr Blood Pact Dmg.+8 Pet: STR+8 Pet: Mag. Acc.+4 Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+30
Elan Strap +1
Sancus Sachet +1
C. Palug Crown
Apo. Dalmatica +1 'MP+80 Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35 Blood Pact Dmg.+8
Merlinic Dastanas Pet: Accuracy+15 Pet: Rng. Acc.+15 Blood Pact Dmg.+9 Pet: INT+4 Pet: Mag. Acc.+7 Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+14
Apogee Slacks +1 MP+80 Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35 Blood Pact Dmg.+8
Apogee Pumps +1" MP+80 Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35 Blood Pact Dmg.+8
Incanter's Torque
Regal Belt
Lugalbanda Earring
Gelos Earring
Varar Ring +1
Varar Ring +1
Campestres's Cape Pet: Acc.+20 Pet: R.Acc.+20 Pet: Atk.+20 Pet: R.Atk.+20 Pet: Accuracy+10 Pet: Rng. Acc.+10 Pet: "Regen"+10 Pet: Damage taken -5%

Damage varied a lot based on the luopan the geo had up as well as the resist walling myself a couple of times with Apogee
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-04-18 09:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

+2 neck and getting max augs on Grioavolr and Dastanas, Epitaph R25 is the only thing i see that will make your dmg go up, cor run and geo will boost your dmg if you can get them
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-04-18 11:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering you're using a Incanter's Torque atm even a +1 JSE Neck will boost damage significantly, and be way cheaper than a +2.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2022-04-18 13:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried using Geocrush instead? Or are you using Diabolos for refresh too, hence using him in the 1st place? Also master levels will help a little obviously if you aren't capped.
 Odin.Daemonak
Server: Odin
user: Queztocal
By Odin.Daemonak 2022-04-18 15:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Night Terror tends to win out vs Geocrush on Ongo, due to its ability to ignore/bypass magic defense. Also, it won't nuke wall your other jobs which are using earth-type bursts.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2022-04-18 18:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You have no issues to reach 80% with SC/MB? Because I'm not so sure if Magic Bursts are really worth the risk of getting Diabolos / Luopan killed by AoEs and loosing the 21 seconds recast on BPs / HQ Malaise.
When we did Ongo I was spamming Night Terror with a BST doing TP Drainkiss* and reached 75% several times w/o MB. I have never managed to reach 74% (Sforzo / Tulfaire phase) until we added a NIN though.
*Mewing Lullaby also works but rotating between 2 avatars sucks if you want to keep the lowest BP recast possible.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2022-04-18 18:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Considering you're using a Incanter's Torque atm even a +1 JSE Neck will boost damage significantly, and be way cheaper than a +2.
I can't stomach doing a +1 and wasting the heroism. If I do it at all, it'll be a +2 so I don't end up tossing an augmented +1.

Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
+2 neck and getting max augs on Grioavolr and Dastanas, Epitaph R25 is the only thing i see that will make your dmg go up, cor run and geo will boost your dmg if you can get them
I was hoping to get better augs but I've had some pretty bad (ie normal) Oseem luck. My Epitaph isn't R25 and probably won't be for a long time. Sadly, our Cor and Run are both in the primary party to finish Ongo off with Blm damage. We have an unusual setup because I'm Brd/Geo/Smn so I can't be both Brd and Geo in the first fight and can't be geo in the first.

We got the *** down to 1% with a macc down aura so I know we'll win soon if we just don't get *** too hard.

Odin.Daemonak said: »
Night Terror tends to win out vs Geocrush on Ongo, due to its ability to ignore/bypass magic defense. Also, it won't nuke wall your other jobs which are using earth-type bursts.
I'm no expert in Smn, but I just did Night Terror because I was told about it being highly accurate and ignoring resist tiers. We don't really have anyone else nuking on our Phase one setup. The Geo might toss out a couple but it isn't anything significant. So if it would be better to Geo Crush, I could.

Thanks all for the confirmations of my assumptions.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2022-04-18 19:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
You have no issues to reach 80% with SC/MB? Because I'm not so sure if Magic Bursts are really worth the risk of getting Diabolos / Luopan killed by AoEs and loosing the 21 seconds recast on BPs / HQ Malaise.
When we did Ongo I was spamming Night Terror with a BST doing TP Drainkiss* and reached 75% several times w/o MB. I have never managed to reach 74% (Sforzo / Tulfaire phase) until we added a NIN though.
*Mewing Lullaby also works but rotating between 2 avatars sucks if you want to keep the lowest BP recast possible.

No, I've always hit 80% though one time it didn't quite get below 80% so the second phase started at 85% instead of 80. I have gotten it down to I think 77%? I think. The MB's made quite a difference and generally I only lose one or two BP timers to deaths.

The pld ws and the rng closes it. We did have issues with Diabolos dying at first so I just have him run in BP and then retreat. The bst drainkissing helps as well but doesn't prevent all tp attacks. BOG/EA malaise I am curious about. Even with Widended compass it can't get out of range of everything. So perhaps we could have the rng self sc and reduce tp feed? Or perhaps have the pld and rng use a SB set? I dunno.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 149 150 151