First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 137 138 139
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 09:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be very evident when I start doing dual boxing job points on PLD, my WHM mule is capped and I have decided to let her reach 200 stored job points, as a result it will either be 23% vs 5% and she'll get more but not hugely more CP, or it will be 140% vs 5% and she'll get more than double what my PLD gets.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-06-05 10:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They're additive. I think it was on the DRK forum here where it was shown... I remember DRK being involved with the testing...

It's just that, outside of 2x campaign, capacity points are so ***that a 7% increase is just 7pts. (Obvious hyperbole is obvious, but you get the idea.)

They were also multiplicative with other bonuses iirc... Which I found weird.
Iirc it was: base*(2x)*(gift total+rieves+bounty+cheer)*(cape)*kupofried*dedication
Maybe cape was added with gifts, rieves, bounty, and cheer... But... I can't remember.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-05 11:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you happen know where the test post is and can link it so I can bookmark it for when I forget this again that'd be great. <,<;;

If not, I'll go dig for it later. Just knowing it's here on AH and in the DRK forums narrows the search down a lot.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 18:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did Svaha dual box THF + WHM it wasn't too bad, has a very high amount of fast cast and it's spells can hit hard, especially with the magic def down debuff but you're really in no danger from physical attacks, all the mobs can't hit for ***.

Also it favours thunder magic, oh and my great reward was a Chrysoberyl
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-05 19:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Go barthunder and a high magic evasion set, maybe?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 19:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Go barthunder and a high magic evasion set, maybe?
Would recommend barthunder definitely, didn't bother with a specific MDT MEva set but it can't hurt.
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-06-06 03:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Question regarding PLD and TP sets.
Does Damage Mitigation sets not give you enough ACC/TP build to full time?

How would I go about switching with GS mid fights. Never looked into that or understood.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-06 08:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Reece said: »
Question regarding PLD and TP sets.
Does Damage Mitigation sets not give you enough ACC/TP build to full time?

How would I go about switching with GS mid fights. Never looked into that or understood.
Yorium pieces are all able to give 4 PDT and 25 accuracy augments so 4/5 of them + another body like reforged empy would be a good start.

As for swapping midfights, the command to manually swap armour in a macro would be /console gs equip sets.defense.PDT or whatever your PDT set is called.
[+]
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-06-07 06:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Cheers, was wondering for swapping. When would be an appropriate time to switch from TP to PDT and back again? I assumed you'd always want to mitigate damage to the most of your ability. Little dense when it comes to PLD.

Is there any alternative to Xaddi Boots? Not that I can't get them or upgrade just curious to save money on Airlixirs.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-07 06:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Reece said: »

Cheers, was wondering for swapping. When would be an appropriate time to switch from TP to PDT and back again? I assumed you'd always want to mitigate damage to the most of your ability. Little dense when it comes to PLD.

Is there any alternative to Xaddi Boots? Not that I can't get them or upgrade just curious to save money on Airlixirs.
Well, if you want to swap in PDT the situations I'd say are if you see a strong physical TP move coming in, if you're in low HP or if you have some sort of status like HP down or temporary weakness.

For a lot of fights, notably high-tier battlefields I full-time PDT, in those situations having a hybrid PDT-Acc set can do wonders as your generic PDT pieces tend to lack accuracy, our reforged AF and Relic are notable for not really having DD friendly stats.

Alternative to Xaddi, in regard to PDT? Looking at the augments there is Yorium but to get the augments required, you'll probably blow more gil than upgrading Xaddi with Airlixirs. Gorney Sollerets +1 should fit the bill as a cheap alternative.
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-06-07 06:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it, cheers for that. A little clarity on that front.

I'm assuming you wouldn't need a Hybrid-MDT set, just switch when you see something in particular going off? (In the case of just a single target)

I'll get the boots then, I tried looking but didn't think there was any other options minus Yorium that would suffice.

I was always under the Impression that, PDT/MDT capped at -50% is it different in the case of PLD specifically? A lot of sets have way over cap and just assumed you could cap MDT with Aegis alone.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-07 06:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The cap is 50% in gear, Aegis MDT goes over the cap, like Burtgang goes over the 50% PDT cap. So with Aegis you only have to wear 37.5% MDT in gear, which with a fully buffed Shellra 5 gives 29.2% MDT so in those situations you'd only need 8.3% in gear.

As for PDT it's impossible as of now to hit the 87.5% cap outside of Abyssea Atmas so you'd always need to gear 50% to reach the cap. If sets are over the cap people are just being inefficient.

As for Hybrid-MDT, there are probably a few niche situations, struggling to think of any, there's no harm to making a MDT-Acc set but you probably won't get much use out of it, generally you can just swap in for strong nukes/Magical TP moves.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-07 07:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want one of those niche hybrid MDT situations, I use one for dualboxing D avatars. They spam magic damage so constantly, that hitting a MDT macro for ever WS gets really old. And there's enspell/spike dmg constantly anyway.

And since D fights are a pretty major DPS check for PLD, I want to maintain as much DPS as possible. Swapping to full MDT sets constantly is a hit to that.

But while I call it a hybrid MDT set, it's really just my TP set with D ring and Engulfer+1 slapped over it. Plus Aegis. <,<
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-06-07 07:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For MDT, can I wear 49/50$ gear and still hit cap with Aegis, or does it only go over cap and into effect when you have dead on 50?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-07 08:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just X% that goes over 50. So if your value + Aegis happens to go over 50%, it'll go there, it won't be capped to 50% like when you use XDT I items. It breaks the cap.
You have 20% MDT in gear + Aegis? That's 70%
You have 50% MDT in gear and add a new piece that pushes you to 54% but Aegis isn't part of your gear? That's still 50% (it would still count as 0 if Aegis was here, though, Aegis is the only item that allows you to go above 50% so you shouldn't gather normal gear that go over the cap, whether you're stuck with the 50% no Aegis cap or the 87 or so % with Aegis).

This is why, when you own an Aegis and receive Shell (so all the time), you won't have 50% MDT in gear (not counting Aegis). This is also why it allows to use DT (smaller values, but useful in case you also take physical damage) efficiently, and why MDB is important where you won't get MDT.

ItemSet 333751

This set in the OP helps understanding this.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-07 09:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That set actually makes no sense, assuming perfect augments on Cizin, you're at 100% MDT before shell when the cap is 87.5%
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-06-07 10:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering the same thing hence why I asked, I opted to switch out Tartarus since I don't have it (probably wont get either) for AF body. Drop Cizin legs and earrings so I sit at 89%
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-07 18:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
It's just X% that goes over 50. So if your value + Aegis happens to go over 50%, it'll go there, it won't be capped to 50% like when you use XDT I items. It breaks the cap.
You have 50% MDT in gear and add a new piece that pushes you to 54% but Aegis isn't part of your gear? That's still 50% (it would still count as 0 if Aegis was here, though, Aegis is the only item that allows you to go above 50% so you shouldn't gather normal gear that go over the cap, whether you're stuck with the 50% no Aegis cap or the 87 or so % with Aegis).

This is why, when you own an Aegis and receive Shell (so all the time), you won't have 50% MDT in gear (not counting Aegis). This is also why it allows to use DT (smaller values, but useful in case you also take physical damage) efficiently, and why MDB is important where you won't get MDT.

ItemSet 333751

I use this set actually on Pluton:
ammo="Vanir Battery",
head="Chev. Armet +1",
body="Tartarus Platemail",
hands="Chev. Gauntlets +1",
legs="Chev. Cuisses +1",
feet="Chev. Sabatons +1",
neck="Warder's Charm +1",
waist="Creed Baudrier",
left_ear="Etiolation Earring",
right_ear="Sanare Earring",
left_ring="Vocane Ring",
right_ring="Defending Ring",
back="Engulfer Cape +1"}
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-07 19:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That set actually makes no sense, assuming perfect augments on Cizin, you're at 100% MDT before shell when the cap is 87.5%
It's not a matter of making sense in the value but in the concept.
His answer is answered simply by looking at this set.

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

ItemSet 333751

I use this set actually on Pluton:
ammo="Vanir Battery",
head="Chev. Armet +1",
body="Tartarus Platemail",
hands="Chev. Gauntlets +1",
legs="Chev. Cuisses +1",
feet="Chev. Sabatons +1",
neck="Warder's Charm +1",
waist="Creed Baudrier",
left_ear="Etiolation Earring",
right_ear="Sanare Earring",
left_ring="Vocane Ring",
right_ring="Defending Ring",
back="Engulfer Cape +1"}
Yeah, MDB everywhere.

The other set is outdated/not matching every situations.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 06:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have decided to try and make a proper PDT-Acc working with what I can get for now, just wonder if I could get some critique.

ItemSet 333221

That is currently a 46% set, the certain things that I wondered were:

1) Am I dropping too much defence using Emet Harness +1? Using either Rev +1 or Cab +1 would increase my PDT at the cost of no accuracy, obviously missing a D Ring right now and legs have no accuracy, an alternative I would imagine is Yorium but don't have a pair augmented right now.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-08 06:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

what is u'r curent Accu with this equipement ?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 06:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't used it, just speculating while bored at work, I was going to probably piece it together when I get home tonight.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-08 06:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ok is see, like you know isn't the best set but i think that can work pretty well like this
try to get JSE back ASAP ;)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 07:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah right it has accuracy, hmm yeah I should use that.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-08 11:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason the Nodes/Item sets aren't shown in the forums anymore, is that a general problem? All I see is "ItemSet 333221".

Also, when using /BLU, what are the spells to use other than Coccoon and Blank Gaze? I mean, I don't reach the 30pts when I pick situational spells so, maybe I'm missing a few.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-08 11:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Cocoon, Jettatura, and Blank Gaze are the must-haves. Auto-regen (Healing Breeze+Sheep Song) is also a good idea. Sheep Song and Soporific are also okay for enmity (they give the same as Blank Gaze), but you probably won't need them since the recast on Blank Gaze is fairly short. You can also set Beast Killer (Wild Oats+Sprout Smack), Lizard Killer (Foot Kick+Claw Cyclone), or Plantoid Killer (Power attack+Mandibular bite) if those are applicable.

The rest of your slots can be filled with Attack Bonus (Battle Dance+Upper Cut) and other random throwaway +stats.

and actually to add to that list, Geist Wall is also decent for getting hate on multiple monsters if you're not supertanking. You could also set MAB if you're using Sanguine Blade at all.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 13:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Made my Accuracy PDT set, much regret, it looks ugly as sin. Never been arsed with lockstyle but I may have to make an exception.

Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-08 18:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:
Cocoon, Jettatura, and Blank Gaze are the must-haves. Auto-regen (Healing Breeze+Sheep Song) is also a good idea. Sheep Song and Soporific are also okay for enmity (they give the same as Blank Gaze), but you probably won't need them since the recast on Blank Gaze is fairly short. You can also set Beast Killer (Wild Oats+Sprout Smack), Lizard Killer (Foot Kick+Claw Cyclone), or Plantoid Killer (Power attack+Mandibular bite) if those are applicable.

The rest of your slots can be filled with Attack Bonus (Battle Dance+Upper Cut) and other random throwaway +stats.

and actually to add to that list, Geist Wall is also decent for getting hate on multiple monsters if you're not supertanking. You could also set MAB if you're using Sanguine Blade at all.
Thanks.

And indeed, Blank Gaze recast is so low, it's incredible.

Made my Accuracy PDT set, much regret, it looks ugly as sin. Never been arsed with lockstyle but I may have to make an exception.
Lockstyle is life.

I have like 5 sets mixing 75 gear, things like Ighwa helm are so ugly.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-10 13:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i try Svaha to get Kahin Turban
0/3 on PLD
0/19 on THF TH10+ each time
i only focus on Svaha and i never kill Meeble Scribes did i need to defeat Meeble Scribes to hope see an Kahin Turban drop ?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-10 16:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no need to kill the meebles.

All you can do is keep trying.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 137 138 139