First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 137 138 139
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-05-28 18:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dein said: »
Cerberus.Leires said: »
Why not be the person to pop it? I found supertanking it much more manageable when popping it on pld. Didn't have any issues with one randomly pulling off when doing this except when players mis-targeted.

I've done this fight a few more times since I made my original post but my issue was never with keeping the shadows on me. I knew about supertanking them so I was always popping them so they'd all start on me.

Anyway, after I sat down to work out my PDT set (among other things) this fight went really smoothly the few times I did it again. The only remaining issue is that I did die once to the warrior shadow getting a 1k Rampage off on me that SC'd into a 500ish Distortion while I was below half my HP. In the other attempts, the warrior never did that much to me in a single weaponskill and I can't help but wonder if I had positioned myself wrong as the warrior was just off a little to my side and slightly angled while attacking me. Does anyone know how much to the front of you a monster has to be in order to be blocked?
I usually go into first person and adjust the direction I'm facing when I have multiple mobs and I can't drag them along a wall to pile them up.

I don't have a precise angle for the shield block cone. I seem to recall old FFXIclopedia saying it was a 60 degree cone. Usually if the mob is well in sight in first person you can block. When they get close to the edges it gets questionable.

Considering the data lua core can pull these days, it should be possible to do some really precise testing on that. Another thing for my list of stuff to work on when I'm bored.
 Carbuncle.Smeggles
Server: Carbuncle
user: Smeggles
By Carbuncle.Smeggles 2015-06-02 21:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen anyone asking the same - I am about to chose my adoulin ring and I am an aspiring PLD but also have BST.

Is there a decent replacement for Vocane or is it simply required as the DT goes over cap?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-02 21:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Vocane's DT does not break cap. That was a ... "Typo" in the english version, which was later corrected. Hell of a typo though.

Anyway the real stat is DT-7%, not DT II -3%. Basically, Vocane is 1% better than a perfect Dark ring, for physical and magical dmg.(for breath DMG a 6/6/6 Dark ring would be better, since for some weird reason, the MDT aug on Dark rings works on breath dmg. So a 6 MDT/6 BDT ring works like 12% BDT.)

It's nothing a PLD can't live without if another ring appeals to you.
 Carbuncle.Smeggles
user: Smeggles
By Carbuncle.Smeggles 2015-06-02 22:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply! I think ill grab the pet ring and go get some Dark Rings :)

Also on the shield topic - Ochain/Aegis are not out of my reach, how do the Priwen and Beautific shields hold up?
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Server: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-06-02 22:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can hit 50MDT easily with Shell 5 without needing Beatific Shield, no real point in using it. Priwen is the best Shield you can get with Reprisal up.
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-06-03 15:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Martel :)

I assume with the new gear released recently and the Empy 119 gears out there, your PLD item sets have evolved.

Any interested in updating the core PLD sets you use? Or at least posting them in thread?
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-03 16:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

my lasted version of Lua i use (you can check set i use on it)

PLD.lua
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-04 00:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played PLD since the cap 75 and came back to the game not long ago.

I see almost every PLD struggle with hate, like big time. Not like it was any different back then but, with the hate system changes I was expecting it to be a bit more easy mode for those PLDs. Did the change to the hate system remove the possibility to use a cure set macro? I don't see any set about it in the OP, so I'm wondering if self cure has become obsolete.

A LS member told me that damage from the 2/3 AAs you'd land in the same amount of time gave more hate than a Cure would (III or IV). Is that how things have become? I haven't geared my PLD back yet so I can't really make live tests in pugs.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-04 01:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That is basically the exact opposite of how hate currently is... Cures generate enormous enmity, and a cure cheat set is an incredible boon for tanking these days. Since the update, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've pulled hate from a PLD utilizing a cure set. PLDs should have an incredibly easy time holding hate these days, so if yours are having issues, they're doing something exceptionally wrong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-04 01:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew they weren't actually good, but I was still giving them some credits, maybe I was just wrong.

Thanks though, I wasn't sure if I needed to update my cure cheat from 75 or if it was a dead concept. Pretty happy it still exists.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-04 07:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

actually aggro change isn't yet perfect but buy far better than before.
like Oraen said before Cure is a good key to generate but amount of enmity.
cure cheat not longer work cause of the gearswap blinkin method (i'm still looking for add cheatcure i'm my lua)
but nowdays keep aggro is buy far easyer than before ^^
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-04 13:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
actually aggro change isn't yet perfect but buy far better than before.
like Oraen said before Cure is a good key to generate but amount of enmity.
cure cheat not longer work cause of the gearswap blinkin method (i'm still looking for add cheatcure i'm my lua)
but nowdays keep aggro is buy far easyer than before ^^
I have no idea what the bolded bit is supposed to mean, but... There's absolutely no reason you can't use cure cheats with gearswap.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-04 14:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

actually my gearswap work with
(PrecastFC>Midcast>Aftercast)

for make Cure cheats work we need
(PrecastFC>MidcastlowHP>MidcastHighHP>Aftercast)

and idk how change that ^^
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-06-04 14:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

-HP in precast when target is self?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-04 14:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use Gearswap so it's not much of an issue for me. I had however forgot about precast as this didn't exist much back then.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-04 14:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You do one of two things.

#1 Trigger a delayed gs command during midcast. Basically, tell it to wait 0.5~ then swap to the high hp set. So

precast: fastcast gear.
Midcast: lowhp gear.
Delayed command: High hp/enmity gear.

This gets you the full benefit of fastcast, and maxed out HP-+ sets. But there's a period of vulnerability while your wearing you HP- set.

Come to think of it, this is exactly the same way I did cure cheats with spellcast.

Or #2. The simple way. You skip the fastcast gear, and put your low HP set in precast. So;

Precast: Low hp gear
Midcast: High HP/Enmity.

The advantages here are, simplicity, and that you absolutely cannot get hit in your low HP set. Which usually is not a good defensive set. In my case it involves outright removing some equipment since I don't carry any ~0 HP gear in some slots. Getting hit in that stuff is a bit risky, particularly when you're already lowering your HP.

The downside being that you lose out on some fastcast, depending on what FC gear you can still fit in your low HP set. But honestly, It's not like PLD even gets that much fastcast. -.-; Something I very much want SE to fix.

I'm using this type myself atm. Largely cause it was faster to code(/lazy) and I've hardly used them enough to feel the need to seek higher performance. 90% of my tanking post enmity update has been on /BLU anyway. So I usually just spam BLU spells.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-05 04:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

/blu and /run attract me since a long time but i never tryed /blu and only in few case /run.
can you share u'r experience on both subjob and explain the benefitial upon /war /nin ?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 05:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

While I haven't used /run the benefit is quite well known, runes take priority over enspells so using runes, you do less enspell damage but you maintain the max accuracy so depending on your enlight build, together with use of Swordplay you gain about 150 accuracy.

You've also got Vallation and since you're already using runes to maintain enlight, they basically go hand in hand if you need to use the ability.

Also you can do a bit of decent damage with Lunge and it's not particularly detrimental to maintaining max enlight accuracy as runes can be recast every 5 seconds.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-05 05:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually i have Divine Skill 502/??? = 107Acc
(still missing Kahin turban and Kaiser legs augmented but idk if +19 skill allow me to get more accu or additional effect).
so /war give: +107(From enlightII) + 25 (from aggressor)
if /run give +150 accu that sound pretty good.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-05 06:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

500 Divine skill should be giving you 112starting dmg/acc for enlight II. If you're getting 107, then you're not hitting the 490 skill tier. I'd check your sets.

I haven't done much Escha so far, and haven't picked up Eschite hands. So I dunno if Enlight II will cap at 500 skill or if 520 will be a new tier.

The point of /BLU is cocoon(fulltime-able def+50%) and and large array of high enmity spells.

/RUN Tidis pretty much covered. But let me add that RUN JA also have high enmity values. Nice for stacking up during sentinel.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-05 07:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Divine Skill 502/520 = 122Acc yeah my bad
so if 520 is new tier i need to get Kahin turban and Kaiser legs ><
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-05 08:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

122 with 10/10 Enlight job points, yes.

And yeah. Both of those can be rather annoying. Kahin drop rate is listed as being pretty terrible. And you not only have to get kaiser, but have to get a good augment on it.

Well, actually. There was a report awhile back about kaiser legs getting up to +6 divine. This strongly implies that the nq could get +5. SO you might be able to just get the hq. Personally, I'd go for the HQ anyway though.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 08:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

With regards to Kahin Turban, would I be able to dual box it with THF + WHM? I noticed the en-death chance but I figured with ilvl, evasion is going to be high and the death proc chance probably quite low, just not sure about it's nukes.

Obviously wanting to use THF to boost the chances of the Turban dropping.

Oh also, with regard to the Divine magic job gifts, since the first is 5 and the next is 8, I assume they are a progressive increase so the latter gift is replacing the former meaning you only get 8 extra divine magic, is that the case or is it 13 in total for the 2 of them?

Just working out sets and such, gonna start farming job points today.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-05 09:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It should die pretty fast. It's been long enough that I don't recall much about my fight. I went 1/1, thank you god...

I know I dualboxed mine, but I can't recall if I went PLD, or RUN. Pretty sure I didn't go DRG... It pops adds, up to a total of 5 irrc. So shadows tend to get wiped. Seeing as I can't even recall which job I went, I dunno if I used Aegis or not. <,<;;

En-Death never proc'd, so I'd agree that the rate is probably quite low. And it likes to cast, so that cuts into melee its time.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-05 09:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Oh also, with regard to the Divine magic job gifts, since the first is 5 and the next is 8, I assume they are a progressive increase so the latter gift is replacing the former meaning you only get 8 extra divine magic, is that the case or is it 13 in total for the 2 of them?

Just working out sets and such, gonna start farming job points today.
It's +13 divine skill total. Just like the capacity points gifts these are additive.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 09:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'll try THF + WHM first, see how evasion holds out, if I get smacked around I'll revert to PLD.

Oh the gifts are additive? I always noticed that most of them slightly increased as it went so I just assumed they were progressively being improved rather than being added.

Truth be told it never felt like I was gaining 23% more capacity points.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-06-05 09:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
122 with 10/10 Enlight job points, yes.

And yeah. Both of those can be rather annoying. Kahin drop rate is listed as being pretty terrible. And you not only have to get kaiser, but have to get a good augment on it.

Well, actually. There was a report awhile back about kaiser legs getting up to +6 divine. This strongly implies that the nq could get +5. SO you might be able to just get the hq. Personally, I'd go for the HQ anyway though.
yeah i know droprate on head is horryble that the main raison why i still need it ^^; and augment on Kaiser are like all augment a joke if you are luky or pain to get
i'm 550 job point on my PLD

so you said we can dual/solo Head BC as PLD ?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-05 09:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And having said that about CP gifts... I'm suddenly struck with doubt, and can't recall if it was actually additive. -.-;

If it was, it'd be +140% CP at 540 jp.

But rest assured that the divine skill gift does work this way. All i have to do is look in my magic skills menu to see.

Now to go dig around on BG till I can confirm how it works..
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 09:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
And having said that about CP gifts... I'm suddenly struck with doubt, and can't recall if it was actually additive. -.-;

If it was, it'd be +140% CP at 540 jp.

But rest assured that the divine skill gift does work this way. All i have to do is look in my magic skills menu to see.

Now to go dig around on BG till I can confirm how it works..
I suppose I'll just test it out when I get home, my WHM mule at 23%, my PLD at 5%, should be easy enough to find out how much more capacity points my whm mule gets.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-06-05 09:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear I recall reading something about this before, but I can recall which result it turned out to be.

I suppose, in the end it's not a huge deal. Whichever it is, because it doesn't change what you do in any case. But it is bugging me.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 137 138 139