New Items
2021-11-10
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115
By Rainemard 2021-11-25 06:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question regarding SDT and how it interacts with other forms of DT. Does it break the 87.5% DT cap? I.e. if wearing aegis, would you be able to reduce damage even more by using vallation/valliance? I'm guessing it won't, but I wonder if it's been tested. If it does break cap, /RUN becomes even more interesting than it already is. Thanks!
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-25 07:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Srivatsa page for example on BG lists it as having a 50% blockrate with it's native skill lvl (assuming 1:1 CL 121).
The value listed on BG wiki is the shield's base block rate based solely on it's shield size(5), before any skill related modification. So it's not counting the skill on the shield itself or anything, if that's what you meant by it's native skill lvl.

Le sigh...

Maybe I'm incorrect (which I hope I'm not) but the stated 50% should be against anything up to assuming level 121.

Again, using that point of reference, if a mob is above 121, the stated Blockrate would fall below 50.

I could be wrong though.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-25 08:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You are incorrect.

Srivatsa has a base block rate of 50%, when then gets modified by shield skill (which increases it) and mob combat skill (which decreases it). Basically, it's the block rate if your shield skill is equal to the mob's combat skill so there's no modification.

If a PLD had 0 Shield skill wearing Srivatsa, they'd have a 0% block rate (or whatever the minimum is, 5% maybe) against a level 121 mob, while if they had 1000 shield skill against the same mob they'd have a 100% block rate.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-25 09:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just stick to editing the guide.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-25 11:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you don't reach the skill requirement for the enemy you're fighting, any block rate+ you have will do nothing until you reach the floor.

Sure would be nice if it worked like Parry/Inquatarta, but that would be far too kind to Paladins.
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115