New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 136 137 138
By Draylo 2021-11-08 11:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

For a non REMA PLD, Id say Sakpata for sure. Naegling/blurred +1 also good for s lot of mid content fights.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-11-08 14:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Anoq said: »
Sword question. PLD isn't my "main", but its well geared and decent enough that I bring it out for VD Ambu, Ody nms, etc. when needed. I find myself a majority of the time now essentially idling in Sakpata swapping in necessary items as needed. I got a max aug Brilliance very early and have just stuck with that for years. I'm finishing up a Mythic atm and torn between Lib and Burt for my next one, but that will take me a lot of time to finish anyway. My questions are is Excal worth making? IDK how potent the added effect is but it seems like that would sync well with Sakpata (alot of Mythics for Sakpata jobs seem to have taken a hit tbh, not that thats why you wear Burt). I'm also curious about Sakpata sword on PLD, the stats are great, but idk if it's worth buying one to replace my Brilliance.

TLDR: Are Excal and Sakpata sword worth making/buying atm for PLD?

I would buy sakpata sword (you want it anyway for phalanx) and make burt when you're ready. Burt is not required by any means to play pld at the highest level, but it is a very noticeable upgrade and is well worth it.

I havent equipped excalibur since I made burt and even before it was rare. Regen/refresh is nice but if you are engaged to keep aftermath up I find there is almost always a better choice sadly. Need hp = cure, need mp = ochain/flume/ethereal/chivalry/ask for devotion.

I'm not sure if pursuing R15 excali changes things a bit? At R15 kor should be a very solid ws and 10% block chance is of course welcome. Personally I would just invest in burt and naegling for dd
[+]
 Shiva.Anoq
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-11-08 16:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for replies all. Yeah I've been tanking on PLD w/out Burt for a long time lol so understand it's not needed, but very beneficial. I'll pick up Sakpata sword, already have Naeg/Blurred +1 which gets a lot of use on other jobs (tbh if its a fight we're worried about zerging I'm not coming on PLD), but any extra dmg can potentially help with holding enmity I imagine. Might make Excal for shiggles at some point and make Burt down the road. Really appreciate the feedback.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-11-08 17:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

R15 Excal here and I love it. A bit of a different play style, I would say more aggressive than Mythic. It is just a lot easier to maintain hate with Burt.
[+]
By soralin 2021-11-09 19:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also dont forget making sure Shining One is on your list of items to make for Paladin.

A pretty massive amount of content becomes a lot easier to solo when you can open the fight with a 3K tp Impulse Drive, then weapon swap to sword before the enemy even starts doing anything.

With top end gear you can even pull off, with a lucky DA or TA proc, skillchaining off Impulse Drive with a sword WS.

Or just use Ayame and have her open a SC for Impulse drive and proceed to deal like 160k damage total in the first couple seconds of the fight before turtling up.

I used Shining One for farming all my job points 500 to master on Paladin. You can absolutely destroy bats with Impulse Drive spam skillchaining off Ayame.
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2021-11-10 00:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Anoq said: »
Thanks for replies all. Yeah I've been tanking on PLD w/out Burt for a long time lol so understand it's not needed, but very beneficial. I'll pick up Sakpata sword, already have Naeg/Blurred +1 which gets a lot of use on other jobs (tbh if its a fight we're worried about zerging I'm not coming on PLD), but any extra dmg can potentially help with holding enmity I imagine. Might make Excal for shiggles at some point and make Burt down the road. Really appreciate the feedback.

Someone that just got burtgang(non ag/rank yet) it's kind of stupid how strong it is. Say a mob that hit you for 100dmg with 45phalanx is 5 dmg is now 0dmg, a mob hitting for 150dmg is 30dmg vs 3dmg. You pull 20mobs 30x20= -600hp, you pull the same 20mobs= -60hp.

Now say you have relic and have am up, you pull 20mobs in 6sec/2tic's is 60hp> 540dmg vs 60dmg.

Lets look at a nm, if it hits 300dmg=105dmg vs 51dmg.
x40hits > 4,200hp vs Burt x40hits 2,040hp.

Another example look at a nm, if it hits 600dmg=255dmg vs 147dmg.
x40hits > 10,200hp vs Burt x40hits 5,880hp

And lets not over look the +18/25enmity/AM Atonement spam and -20% CE decay you gain. And/Or block rate/Reprisal/JA's.

*All numbers are based off of a PDT mob 50% vs 68%PDT and a -45Phalanx damage set.
By soralin 2021-11-10 02:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So with the new mastery points, people theorizing at the moment we can get up to 99 mastery points which means we can assume up to lv 68 subjob.

Some interesting things we get:

Warrior
  • Max HP Boost I->II (+30->+60)

• Fencer I->II(200->300)

• Attack Bonus I->II(+10->+22))

• Double Attack I->II (10% > 12%)

• Retaliation

Rune Fencer
  • Magic Def Bonus II->III (12->14)

• Accuracy Bonus I(+10)

• Auto Regen I->II(1->2))

• Valiance

• Embolden

• Vivacious Pulse

• >>>Foil<<<

Thief
  • Damage Limit+ I (+0.1)

• Triple Attack I(+5%)

• >>Accomplice<<

• >>Collaborator<<

[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-10 02:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

At 50 /BLU can set Frightful Roar. They get some other semi-useful spells between 50 and 68 as well.
By Aricomfy 2021-11-10 08:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cold Wave, new enmity spell to add into the rotation.

Magic Defense Bonus trait is also achievable.

Let's hope for Master Level 45 for Foil.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-11-10 09:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Aricomfy said: »
Cold Wave, new enmity spell to add into the rotation.

don't think I would really recommend using that
By Aricomfy 2021-11-10 09:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Failing to see why not. Costs 1 point to set, 37 MP to cast so its not any higher than the old spells we've been using for years, 320 VE/CE, 4 second cast time, but so is Stinking Gas, 60 second recast, which is better than some other spells.

Are you referring to the effects of the spell itself? Waking sleeping mobs is a concern, yes, but not if it isn't part of the strategy.
By kaladan 2021-11-14 11:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably overly excited to see what happens, but PLD/RUN just seems so amazing if subjobs run to 68. Sure you lose non-damaging AoE spells and some other defenses from /BLU, but typically you're using aoe at the start of a fight anyway to tag for hate.

Foil is a huge hate builder;

Rampart + Valiance is 4 out of every 5 minutes the party has magic damage mitigation; (RUN/PLD would have 4:24/5:00); Add in Vallation and you would have magic damage mitigation on yourself full time which may help reduce the need for aegis in fights where you'd like to block as well.

Fealty + Pflug + Tenacity + 3 runes should help with PLDs abysmal status resists; Cycle: Fealty > Pflug > 1 min down > pflug > 1 min down > pflug > 1 min down > repeat would have 7 of 10 minutes with good chances of resists. Or start with Pflug > Fealty > Pflug and have a full 5 minutes with status resistance.

Chivalry + Vivacious pulse + refresh should give you near unlimited MP without needing gear to convert damage to MP;

Embolden Protect V + Embolden Shell IV will give better defenses on yourself than any other job casting Protect V and Shell V on you; Embolden Shell IV I believe is -39% mdt so with an Aegis you'd be capped; As they're both long duration spells, you'd be able to cycle them with the Embolden timer.

Higher MDB and Auto-regen than /BLU;

Barspells and Ice spikes might be useful, but PLD has lacking enhancing magic skill so it's only a minor self buff.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-11-14 12:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Would /RUN get 3 runes? I can see that 3rd rune being main job locked.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-11-15 09:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There any good spell interrupt bodies or legs with around 19 spell interrupt?
I've got 101+2 (1 merit) spell interrupt rate down on a set I'm making and I want to know if I have better Meva/HP options to use over Founders.
(DM aug on Ody feet has given me some leeway here)

This is the current set.
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head="Souveran Schaller +1",
body="Rev. Surcoat +3",
hands="Regal Gauntlets",
legs={ name="Founder's Hose", augments={'MND+10','Mag. Acc.+15','Attack+15','Breath dmg. taken -5%',}},
feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -8%','CHR+4','INT+2 MND+2 CHR+2',}},
neck={ name="Unmoving Collar +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear="Tuisto Earring",
right_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ring="Moonlight Ring",
right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Enmity+10','Chance of successful block +5',}},
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-15 09:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Founder's Hose.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-11-15 09:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe could've read 1 more sentence lol

Ummm I guess there's Carmine A (20%)
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-11-15 09:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
There any good spell interrupt bodies or legs with around 19 spell interrupt?
I've got 101+2 (1 merit) spell interrupt rate down on a set I'm making and I want to know if I have better Meva/HP options to use over Founders.

I use Carmine Cuisses +1 with 20% SIR and 80 HP 12 Int 12 Str Path A Augment, same Meva with more Int.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-15 10:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
maybe could've read 1 more sentence lol

Ummm I guess there's Carmine A (20%)

I read the whole post, I just don't see the point in surrendering two slots to SIRD instead of one when none of the substitutes really offer much in the way of defense anyway.
 Asura.Kaladan
Server: Asura
user: kaladan
By Asura.Kaladan 2021-11-15 14:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
This is the current set.

Add 10% SIRD to your Rudianos's Mantle.

Replace waist wtih Audumbla Sash.

Cab. Breeches +3 have 10% SIRD and +4 more M.Eva. Could just swap in Sakpata's for M.Eva and make up the remaining SIRD with accessories and merits.

Your set appears to have a lot of +hp, so you could also probably swap a few pieces for things like Nourishing Earring +1 (R15),Knightly Earring, or Moonlight Necklace.
 Shiva.Anoq
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-11-18 13:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think they will ever drop the MH ilvl mod for Atonement? Seems like such an easy fix to give the WS a little more umph without making it OP. Even with same formula minus the ilvl I don't really see it going overboard dmg wise, and they could always increase the enmity division if necessary. Maybe it's more of a pita than I'm understanding, but seems like such an easy thing to change.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-18 13:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There are plenty of things they could do to make Atonement more than a glorified Flash. They've made it abundantly clear through interviews and update notes that they have no interest in enabling PLD to contribute to party damage in regular situations (supertank TP gain through Shield Mastery notwithstanding).

They don't want PLD doing damage because a tank that does damage would be broken. And they're definitely never going to look a little to the left and see RUN standing there, laughing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-11-18 15:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

kaladan said: »
Fealty + Pflug + Tenacity + 3 runes should help with PLDs abysmal status resists; Cycle: Fealty > Pflug > 1 min down > pflug > 1 min down > pflug > 1 min down > repeat would have 7 of 10 minutes with good chances of resists. Or start with Pflug > Fealty > Pflug and have a full 5 minutes with status resistance.

Sadly, we can only get two runes from /RUN. However, that can take us pretty far with Pflug and Tenacity. You can cap out some traits at their 90% rate. This is the set I use for dealing with Charm at the moment:

ItemSet 382591

That's Resist Charm +155 or 77.5% on NMs. Tenacity gives another +9 from /RUN and brings the total up to 164 (82% on NMs). You can fill in the rest with runes and Pflug. Each rune during Pflug while /RUN gives +10 to which trait you are looking for.

There's going to be situations where you're probably better off just going with magic evasion from gear like the Sakpata, but stuff like charm can be a pain. This set doesn't cap DT, but PLD has enough tricks to keep itself alive.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-11-18 16:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure they were talking about IF subjobs levels go all the way up to 68. At which point, we would have 3 Runes from /RUN. At least if SE doesn't specifically exclude them.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-18 17:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
That's Resist Charm +155 or 77.5% on NMs. Tenacity gives another +9 from /RUN and brings the total up to 164 (82% on NMs). You can fill in the rest with runes and Pflug. Each rune during Pflug while /RUN gives +10 to which trait you are looking for.
Are you sure Resist traits are not capped before the halving for NMs?
 Asura.Kaladan
user: kaladan
By Asura.Kaladan 2021-11-18 17:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, definitely talking about if subjobs go to 68 and what it would unlock. I made a mistake on my embolden buffing though as I didn't realize it works for all spells cast on you and not just self casts. So an outside source shell V emboldened would be 43% mdt, but mdt isn't really an issue for PLD.

I could see them restricting the 3rd rune as well as embolden and maybe even vivacious pulse from /RUN.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-11-18 18:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Are you sure Resist traits are not capped before the halving for NMs?

Yeah, done some testing on it. As long as you stack up to 180 you can get 90% on NMs.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52250/resist-testing/5/
 Bismarck.Balguss
Server: Bismarck
user: Balguss
By Bismarck.Balguss 2021-11-24 13:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any idea the sort of skill/block rate+ we'd need for Srivatsa to get closer to block cap? If the Mlvl keeps going up potential for reaching 100%?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-24 14:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Block rate cap depends on the enemy level, so there's no one size fits all answer to that. However, you get somewhere around 0.23% block rate per skill, so 99 skill (from ML 99) would be about 23% higher block rate than before on the same level enemy. Are you getting ~77% block rate with Srivatsa on things of note (level 140+) at ML0? If not, it wouldn't cap it nsturally.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-11-24 19:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Balguss said: »
Anyone have any idea the sort of skill/block rate+ we'd need for Srivatsa to get closer to block cap? If the Mlvl keeps going up potential for reaching 100%?

. . .

Asura.Geriond said: »
Block rate cap depends on the enemy level, so there's no one size fits all answer to that. However, you get somewhere around 0.23% block rate per skill, so 99 skill (from ML 99) would be about 23% higher block rate than before on the same level enemy. Are you getting ~77% block rate with Srivatsa on things of note (level 140+) at ML0? If not, it wouldn't cap it naturally.

Long story short: You'll need to run the numbers yourself for the target(s) you're looking for.

Srivatsa page for example on BG lists it as having a 50% blockrate with it's native skill lvl (assuming 1:1 CL 121). Calculate what the lvl difference penalty will be. Add in Reprisal's x1.15 skill multiplier(which will change the base blockrate penalty) and x1.5 blockrate multiplier. I think that's a good enough start without getting further into the weeds.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-11-24 22:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Srivatsa page for example on BG lists it as having a 50% blockrate with it's native skill lvl (assuming 1:1 CL 121).
The value listed on BG wiki is the shield's base block rate based solely on it's shield size(5), before any skill related modification. So it's not counting the skill on the shield itself or anything, if that's what you meant by it's native skill lvl.
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 136 137 138